PDA

View Full Version : Force default setups. How does it work?

Fyllpen
23-10-2015, 21:11
Hi!

So patch 5.0 is here and one of the fixes was the force default setup option.

How is it suppose to be working?
How does it work?

Can you change the tuning setup? NO
Can you change pit strategy: NO

Are you supposed to be able to change FFB settings? And if so, how do you change the FFB settings?

What determines the amount of starting fuel and the amount of pit re-fuel?
- the length of each session?
- the total session time combined?
- number of laps?

Kind regards

gazza1101
25-10-2015, 08:14
Hi, Why would anybody want to force default setups?

mantukas334
25-10-2015, 08:24
maby so you could drive equal cars? and compete at even conditions

gazza1101
25-10-2015, 09:48
I see, but aren't all the cars around about equal any way and maybe that players best skill is in setting the car up? I personally am concerned because I have a tx wheel am I am worried about it overheating and having to be replaced again, the force feedback needs to be turned down or it lowers the power of the force feedback until its cool enough.

Fyllpen
25-10-2015, 10:17
Hi, Why would anybody want to force default setups?

A level playing field in a stock car online league.

madmax2069
25-10-2015, 10:32
I see, but aren't all the cars around about equal any way and maybe that players best skill is in setting the car up? I personally am concerned because I have a tx wheel am I am worried about it overheating and having to be replaced again, the force feedback needs to be turned down or it lowers the power of the force feedback until its cool enough.

It only effects tuning the cars specific settings like alignment, gear ratios, suspension, engine and other things like that. It doesnt keep you from adjusting FFB settings for the cars, and theres supposed to be a few sliders in the cars tuning options that's still accessible (steering ratio and a few others) even when forced default is selected but is bugged and you cant adjust them.

gazza1101
25-10-2015, 10:37
Oh I see, I have been leaving the lobby when I see forced default setups,
I suppose I can see the merrit in it but doesn't every competitive real racing league allow adjustment of tyres and suspension to suit individual drivers?

madmax2069
25-10-2015, 10:49
Oh I see, I have been leaving the lobby when I see forced default setups,
I suppose I can see the merrit in it but doesn't every competitive real racing league allow adjustment of tyres and suspension to suit individual drivers?

Yes but they dont have the issues of possable glitch tuning either (aka tuning the car to go beyond what it could really ever go beyond). As well as some cars have it to where they can adjust the wastage pressure (Gumpert apollo s) that takes it out of the same league as the other cars (road A), you max out the wastage pressure on the Gumpert and you wont be able to catch it in any other of the road A cars.

This forces you into having to drive the cars to their strength and weaknesses, and overall skill of the driver vs relying on the car tune alone to win.

Fyllpen
25-10-2015, 11:18
It only effects tuning the cars specific settings like alignment, gear ratios, suspension, engine and other things like that. It doesnt keep you from adjusting FFB settings for the cars, and theres supposed to be a few sliders in the cars tuning options that's still accessible (steering ratio and a few others) even when forced default is selected but is bugged and you cant adjust them.

Thank you!

Fert
25-10-2015, 13:39
We will be running a forced default tune rufs league. It's great. Yeah we have to run with full tanks but so does everyone else. It a blast and there will be some excellent close racing and all wins are on driver ability and no one can say he/she has a better setup. Iv not been able to adjust anything in the lobby but my saved ffb and wheel angle seem to be fine as Iv tried 10 lap on default settings and 10 laps with my tuned car and both drove and felt good.

gazza1101
25-10-2015, 13:42
Yes, thanks was not aware that the force feedback could be stil adjusted, also was not aware of the glitch tuning either. I could see how that would be annoying, in some ways not unlike Forza 5 (that i really enjoyed) in that some cars were just faster with all the upgrades which detracts from the racing, I am the type of player that just plays for fun and not interested in tuning, just shortish sprint races.