PDA

View Full Version : Hereís where I am with Project Cars

centenaryman
24-10-2015, 12:37
Hereís where I am with Project Cars.

Played it continually since June and have been enjoying it a great deal, even purchased a steering wheel-makes a big difference by the way.
However I now find myself a little agitated by certain issues- let me say at this point Iím on the PS4 and the game is fully updated.
When racing on quick race weekend I practice, qualify and then race, sometimes these races are a couple of hours long or a ten lap sprint, either way since update 4.0 the game moves my qualifying position. Iím going from pole position to 10th, 15th or even 25th.
Update 5.0 notes state that- * Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly
With all due respect itís still not working properly; out of my last four races only one recognised the qualifying time the rest randomised my position.

Hope this issue is fixed sometime soon as itís spoiling the experience.

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 14:04
l've stopped trusting the Patch Notes in August. Pitstops arent fixed either as it seems.

Sorry to break it to you, but your thread will only become yet another of a couple hundred that have been ignored to death.

Gavin Thomas
24-10-2015, 14:32
l've stopped trusting the Patch Notes in August. Pitstops arent fixed either as it seems.

Sorry to break it to you, but your thread will only become yet another of a couple hundred that have been ignored to death.

Given that he hasn't created a post ranting about the devs being useless etc and has done it in a respectable fashion I'd have thought they'll take note.

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 14:34
Given that he hasn't created a post ranting about the devs being useless etc and has done it in a respectable fashion I'd have thought they'll take note.

I never claimed they didnt.

SUBGTRACER
24-10-2015, 17:52
I must admit I'm with you on the notes , they don't mean much when half of the notes are not fixed ...... Makes it look good ..... ��

PJB04
24-10-2015, 22:57
I still have the problem with my qualifying posisition being moved and I'm on Pc.
It's no big deal but thought that it should be noted.

Taxi_slider
24-10-2015, 23:23
I had a smiliar problem with qualifying positions in my gt3 career. Was racing laguna seca. Best practise times were around 1:24. Then in qualifying I ran a 1:23 and thought i had the no.1 position. An AI went out and ran a 1:20, a full 4 secs quicker than most other AI's! I was like "woah game on"! But then when the race came around I was first and that guy wasn't even in the race! Haha

Not really a big issue but thought I'd post it here incase this is unknown to devs.

Gravit8
24-10-2015, 23:33
You have to do them with or without the practice session. Can't remember which way. , but I remember seeing it before.
If you add or remove the session. It should fix and hold your quali settings.
But there is a way to do it wrong. And a way to do it right.
Just don't remember which way I was having the issue with. Have not qRW in a while.

PJB04
24-10-2015, 23:50
Happens in single player for me with or without practice before qualifying.
Career works fine but in single race mode it qualifies me randomly.
It's not so bad as it makes the racing more challenging being placed randomly on the grid but would be good if I could get it to work as intended.

Gravit8
26-10-2015, 21:49
I think I remember now. Worked for me last night. Can't skip or simulate sessions, it causes the issue. Think it's simulate. Cause I did skip last night and got pole still. If I remember right.

vahagn_hayk
26-10-2015, 22:39
release notes = marketing tool (for game studios and publishers...same as teasers, instagram and all the other marketing weaponry at their disposal.

centenaryman
31-10-2015, 20:55
As the originator of this post I thought I’d return with more information, not wishing to throw in the towel on the game.
Have tried, in vain, to get quick race weekends to work properly but unfortunately I have failed.
I tried various scenarios- practice/qualify/warm up/race, no simulating sessions, no advancing time etc.
Having been through these variances and having qualified in pole position in an LMP 1 race driving the Audi e-tron @ Sakitto, we lined up on the grid and yes I was dropped into 19th place.
One interesting point, for me anyway, is that the game simply didn’t do this until recently, so if it’s a bug is it a side effect of other changes that have been implemented ?

John Hargreaves
01-11-2015, 16:56
Maybe it's like a 50 place grid penalty for changing the engine or something.

I've had this myself though, where there's no connection between qualifying and grid position, not sure when it started but it's certainly odd.

centenaryman
15-11-2015, 13:29
Here’s where I am with Project Cars #3

So, yesterday I was back on Project Cars and out of the four races I took part in the game didn’t place me in random positions. It seems to me that the custom grid position section of the “structure & sessions” option panel on quick race weekend maybe at fault in some way. But after numerous tests I was allowed to keep my position on the grid in each of the races.
Find this difficult to explain or understand but will keep on playing, testing and report back if I can add anything constructive.
I know update 6.0 is imminent so I’m looking forward to seeing what that brings to the mix.