PDA

View Full Version : Problem in GT3 after mandetory pit stop.

Borez
24-10-2015, 21:38
GT3 race 2 and I'm leading by 5 seconds after 7 or 8 laps and I take my mandatory pit stop ( which is from soft tyres to hard which I presume are the rules, it doesn't say? )

OK, out of the pits and the next couple of laps I'm fine, my lap times are consistent but then a couple of laps more and the tyres drop off a cliff, suddenly my lap times are 2 or 3 seconds off the pace and the car becomes extremely difficult to control which leaves the AI ( who don't seem to have this issue ) to just fly by me.

The tyres aren't showing any wear and there's no overheating.

And this is happening after the mandatory pit stop in every GT3 race I've done so far.

What's going on here?

Walther9mm
25-10-2015, 14:48
You can request soft tires or any tire you want. Problem is, sometimes you don't get them due to a "bug". I get medium a lot and they are pretty useless. Seem to be about a second slower. I would imagine hard could be 2 seconds slower than soft. Not sure why you had grip initially though.

Borez
25-10-2015, 15:00
You can request soft tires or any tire you want. Problem is, sometimes you don't get them due to a "bug". I get medium a lot and they are pretty useless. Seem to be about a second slower. I would imagine hard could be 2 seconds slower than soft. Not sure why you had grip initially though.

This is interesting because my pit stop strategy is for soft yet it consistently makes me go back out on hard. Maybe I'll try and override the strategy on pit entry for soft to see if that works. I wonder if lowering the pit strategy type pressure on the hard tyres would make it any better if I can't manage to get soft?

I mean, at the moment the first couple of out laps are fine then it becomes like a skid pan. It's just killing the race enjoyment for me.

Walther9mm
25-10-2015, 17:52
This is interesting because my pit stop strategy is for soft yet it consistently makes me go back out on hard. Maybe I'll try and override the strategy on pit entry for soft to see if that works. I wonder if lowering the pit strategy type pressure on the hard tyres would make it any better if I can't manage to get soft?

I mean, at the moment the first couple of out laps are fine then it becomes like a skid pan. It's just killing the race enjoyment for me.

Which car are you driving currently? I had this issue with the Mercedes, Bentley...But in the Aston GTE I got what I asked for. Have you tried asking for fuel? At times, they wouldn't add fuel either. Lol

Hopefully this issue is solved soon. I think the Devs are working hard on stuff like this.

Borez
25-10-2015, 23:25
I'm on my first GT3 contract with the Mclaren.