PDA

View Full Version : Recommend career path for XB1 player?

Downrange
25-10-2015, 21:08
Hello everyone, I just picked up PCars a week ago and bought most of the DLC. I come from playing Gran Turismo 1 and have played all the Forza games except FM1 and 3.

I noticed right away that PCars is a completely different animal compared to the other games. Where in those other games I excelled, I'm finding myself struggling to be competitive against the AI in PCars. Do you guys have a recommended career path I should take? Right now I play with the controller but I am getting the Logitech G920 in another week or so.

I also play with most of the assists on since this game is much harder. Also, I find the pre-race stuff a little confusing (I guess since the other games aren't as sim). Is there a vid or thread explaining any of this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Ixoye56
26-10-2015, 07:32
Clio Cup is good start, easy and very fun to drive.

NemethR
26-10-2015, 07:54
Hello everyone, I just picked up PCars a week ago and bought most of the DLC. I come from playing Gran Turismo 1 and have played all the Forza games except FM1 and 3.

I noticed right away that PCars is a completely different animal compared to the other games. Where in those other games I excelled, I'm finding myself struggling to be competitive against the AI in PCars. Do you guys have a recommended career path I should take? Right now I play with the controller but I am getting the Logitech G920 in another week or so.

I also play with most of the assists on since this game is much harder. Also, I find the pre-race stuff a little confusing (I guess since the other games aren't as sim). Is there a vid or thread explaining any of this?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Generally: Play what you woudl like.

NOTE tough, that on different circuits, the AI has different strenght.
For example, Donington park is usually quite easy, while Silverstoneis hard.
I do not know if this is intentional, or not, but that is how it works at this moment.

Also: You can choose the difficoulty before every race, so I suggest, if you struggle hard in qualifying, you should lower the Difficoulty a bit, if you want to win.

Invincible
26-10-2015, 07:54
Clio Cup is good start, easy and very fun to drive.

Easy he says... I have no problem with LMP1 on 95 % AI, but those Clios... even on 80% I loose around 1 sec per lap on Oulton.

For a beginner, I would recommend the Formula Rookie. My favorite in the beginner classes.

balderz002
26-10-2015, 08:13
Practice, practice, practice.

Its taking me a while to get upto speed with this game, compared to others I have played. I just keep running quick races and time trials to get upto speed.

Personally (As I have done the same, abeit on PC), I wouldnt get into it too much until your wheel pitches up. It will be like learning from scratch after using a controller. Just use this time, to familiarise yourself with the cars and tracks till then.

milliotseb
26-10-2015, 09:24
For career patch, I did kart > superkart > formula rookie > GT5 > GT4>..... (because of zero to hero achievement)
If you did not care about this achievement, start in formula rookie (it is a really enjoyable car)
Using the controler, I play with AI around 60% (but only few assists are activated)

Chiraq
26-10-2015, 11:31
I suggest the Formula Gulf. Very easy to drive even without assists you can be competitive.

Akra
26-10-2015, 11:34
IMO -

Ignore the Go Karts completely. The Clios MIGHT be a good point however they care very easy to spin and the cold tyres put people off. Formula Gulf however is very easy and might be worth looking at. Ginette G40 Juniors is easy to start with too.

Don't be ashamed to turn the AI down a long way until you feel comfortable. I started on 80%, but I'm from a sim racing background, not Forza/GT5. Now I'm on 95%. You'll get there.

mkstatto
26-10-2015, 11:37
I'd echo to ignore karts altogether, my advice would be to get a grounding in Formula Rookie and then see where your mood takes you, either the GT route or open wheel.

pollinho123
26-10-2015, 15:40
I do suggest the GT3 class. Yeah it's not the easiest one to master, but the cars are quite manoeuverable and you can change the AI difficulty if you can't compete.
They are fun to drive, they have powerful brakes and they are usually quite stable, especially when driving with an gamepad.
I basically learned to drive with the McLaren MP4-12C GT3, the Audi R8 LMS and the BMW Z4 GT3 are also good options.
However just take them for a quick test run in time trial or free practise and find a car that you like