PDA

View Full Version : T100 force feedback advice please....

stoogie13
26-10-2015, 18:14
I understand this subject has probably been covered a lot, I've searched the forum but got lost in a lot of very technical advice which I'm afraid baffled me lol so I was wondering if somebody could give me some simple advice..
I've just bought and set up a Thrustmaster T100 on ps4 using jack spades 66% settings and the wheel just feels like it's heavy and slow and just centering without any kind of detail or change in any of the force feedback, no real Road feel or traction loss or gain, just kind of one level all the time if that makes sense.. I was wondering if anybody could recommend any settings or changes to make things feel a bit more detailed..

Thanks in advance.

Schnizz58
26-10-2015, 18:19
How about posting the settings you're using and let us see if anything looks out of whack? That tends to save a lot of time over the 20 Questions approach. Thanks!

amazed
26-10-2015, 19:28
I've posted my settings on oscarolim's webbapp, have a look there....

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt

stoogie13
26-10-2015, 19:34
I've posted my settings on oscarolim's webbapp, have a look there....

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt

Yours are the settings I've used and everything just feels a bit vague, only had chance to try the Ruf rgt gt3 up to now.. Can you advise me any further?

Schnizz58
26-10-2015, 20:04
Yours are the settings I've used and everything just feels a bit vague, only had chance to try the Ruf rgt gt3 up to now.. Can you advise me any further?
Those are the per car settings (e.g., Jack Spade Tweaker files). I was referring to the global FFB settings.

stoogie13
26-10-2015, 20:17
Those are the per car settings (e.g., Jack Spade Tweaker files). I was referring to the global FFB settings.

Yes, the global settings are there too, I used the ones posted by @amazed

Schnizz58
26-10-2015, 20:58
Yes, the global settings are there too, I used the ones posted by @amazed
OK, I finally found them. I don't have experience with a T100 but I assume it's not radically different than a TX. If that assumption is correct, the combination of tire force = 100 and steering gain = 2.0 is going to result in a very heavy wheel. Try reducing tire force to ~50 and steering gain to 1.0 or less.

stoogie13
26-10-2015, 21:05
OK, I finally found them. I don't have experience with a T100 but I assume it's not radically different than a TX. If that assumption is correct, the combination of tire force = 100 and steering gain = 2.0 is going to result in a very heavy wheel. Try reducing tire force to ~50 and steering gain to 1.0 or less.

Thankyou very much for your response and your suggestion, I'll give that a try tomorrow.. It does just feel like the weight is over riding any feeling if that makes sensesense, I just didn't want to adjust things without knowing what I was adjusting.. Thanks again.

Schnizz58
26-10-2015, 21:16
Basically both of those parameters do very similar things. They amplify the force. So if you have tire force = 100 and change it to 50, you're cutting the force in half. If you set steering gain to 1.0 from 2.0, again you're dividing the force in half. The difference between them is that the tire force is a multiplier that is applied at the beginning of the FFB processing chain and steering gain is a multiplier at the end of the chain. In other words, if you have TF = 50 and SG = 1.0 in one scenario and TF = 100 and SG = 0.5 in the other, the overall forces will be about the same but in the second case the signal going through the FFB processing will be larger and then will be cut in half at the end. Whereas in the first case the processing will work on the smaller signal but then it won't get attenuated at the end.

stoogie13
27-10-2015, 21:37
Managed to find time to try your suggestions... Very pleased.. Lowering them down that much made it a bit too weak for me but it allowed me to find a balance. Also found that using the 'classic' settings worked better for me on the t100 rather than the '66%' settings.. Thankyou for your time Schnizz58 you've helped me a lot.. I'm still craving a bit more 'detail' in the force feedback but I am definitely happy with the progress.

Schnizz58
27-10-2015, 21:47
Good, I'm glad that helped. Now that you've got it in the ballpark feel free to play around with other things to dial it in the way you like it. You can also turn up the tire force and/or the steering gain to your liking if the feel is too light. I actually run TF = 52 but I will vary it a little depending on the car. Also, I don't recall what your relative adjust numbers are but I'm using gain=1.1, clamp=0.95 and bleed=0.15. That might give you a bit more definition and detail, especially if you increase the gain. Also, I have scoop knee at 0.54 and scoop reduction at 0.15.

stoogie13
28-10-2015, 08:16
I'm not sure what numbers are there either without checking but I'll be firing the game up later and I'll definitely try what you're using.. I race in a weekly gt3 league and I'm at Ruapuna Park GP tonight so if I get the win then high fives coming your way.. �� Again, thanks for your help and suggestions, really appreciate it.

stoogie13
28-10-2015, 12:56
Again, great advice and I'm getting more feeling all the time now.. Thanks man, appreciate your time..

Schnizz58
28-10-2015, 13:41
Went back and looked at amazed's settings and his relative torque adjust parameters are the same as mine. I'd lower the scoop knee down to about 0.50-0.55 though. Other than that you should be GTG. Just adjust TF and/or SG to give you the weight you want. Adjusting TF up and SG down gives you more definition but can result in wheel oscillation if you go too far.

Flystar
06-11-2015, 17:39
I'm finding standard settings with TF set to 103 feels pretty realistic.

Fly

cunningham85
17-11-2015, 21:10
I just use standard settings so start project cars plug wheel in usb slot it does its calibration and then I press the lower centre button so that the red light flashes instead of being constantly on, feels great

stoogie13
18-11-2015, 07:02
I just use standard settings so start project cars plug wheel in usb slot it does its calibration and then I press the lower centre button so that the red light flashes instead of being constantly on, feels great

With the T100? That just takes away all the feeling and detail and just gives you 'centering' each to their own I suppose.

Crisis Nine
20-11-2015, 09:06
With the T100? That just takes away all the feeling and detail and just gives you 'centering' each to their own I suppose.

This is true. The light should always be on constant when a game has FFB effects. The blinking mode is for games that have no FFB.