PDA

View Full Version : [XBOX ONE] Joining Session in Progress

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 23:23
The current multiplayer system allows people to join the lobby whilst the race is in progress. This is causing some horrendous lag. Before the lobby browser, no one could join when the race was going on.

With patch 6, and the host to kick function, could you please change it so its is not possible for people to join the lobby during the race. Even if the lobby isn't full. Maybe the lobby could be hidden from the list when the race is in progress.

Qualifying is sometimes impossible with people joining and leaving, if you can stop them doing that during the race, at least everyone's race should be lag free.

I've just turned the game off as I'm tired, and people are just continually joining and leaving, making qualifying and the race, stupidly laggy.

STEELJOCKEY
26-10-2015, 23:46
once the race has started, people cant actually join the lobby, they seem to try and leave, but don't get in and I've noticed lag seems non existent in the race even though it looks like people are trying to join. practice and qualifying are still a problem

RomKnight
26-10-2015, 23:51
Solving this would probably allow the JIP in race mode. I know I want that beacuse it would, probably, allow endurance races with piot swap.

Am I aiming too high? :P

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-10-2015, 08:10
once the race has started, people cant actually join the lobby, they seem to try and leave, but don't get in and I've noticed lag seems non existent in the race even though it looks like people are trying to join. practice and qualifying are still a problem

Sorry, but in my experience that's simply not the case.

The race starts, and people can still see the lobby from the browser. They can and do join the online lobby, they cannot join in progress, but the lag is caused when they join the online lobby. They sit and wait, then get disconnected to race central.
They repeat all the way through the race.

The host kick is going to help out alot, anyone who has a red connection will be removed, and that will prevent them from lagging the lobby, and also stop them from trying to rejoin and lagging up the game that way.

KkDrummer
27-10-2015, 10:03
Sorry, but in my experience that's simply not the case.

The race starts, and people can still see the lobby from the browser. They can and do join the online lobby, they cannot join in progress, but the lag is caused when they join the online lobby. They sit and wait, then get disconnected to race central.
They repeat all the way through the race.

The host kick is going to help out alot, anyone who has a red connection will be removed, and that will prevent them from lagging the lobby, and also stop them from trying to rejoin and lagging up the game that way.

Joining the lobby in any session does not cause lag for me. Lag occurs when the player join a session (only in prac. and quali).

Plato99
27-10-2015, 10:05
The current multiplayer system allows people to join the lobby whilst the race is in progress. This is causing some horrendous lag. Before the lobby browser, no one could join when the race was going on.

With patch 6, and the host to kick function, could you please change it so its is not possible for people to join the lobby during the race. Even if the lobby isn't full. Maybe the lobby could be hidden from the list when the race is in progress.

Qualifying is sometimes impossible with people joining and leaving, if you can stop them doing that during the race, at least everyone's race should be lag free.

I've just turned the game off as I'm tired, and people are just continually joining and leaving, making qualifying and the race, stupidly laggy.

Couldn't agree more. I've spent more time in gravel traps after the Xbox has recovered from its "brain fart" than I care to mention.

Dan77 DESTROYER
27-10-2015, 10:39

Have noticed this quite a lot over the last few days, it's very irritating.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-10-2015, 11:35
Joining the lobby in any session does not cause lag for me. Lag occurs when the player join a session (only in prac. and quali).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqS9r7xwnO4&feature=youtu.be

Lap 2 - 2nd chicane

Raven403
27-10-2015, 12:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqS9r7xwnO4&feature=youtu.be

Lap 2 - 2nd chicane

I see what you mean, I have never experienced lag when someone joins the lobby however, only when they try to join the session. Im rarely in public lobbies tho so, farbeit from me to know why it would cause lag if they arent in the session

It also seems many people joined without it happening?

Pbucko
28-10-2015, 07:52
It seems to be worst for the host. This is the main reason we hardly play p cars anymore, there's a group of us and are not interested in career we only ever do multiplayer and time trials on a social sort of racing not that interested in leagues. As I said on another thread we had 5 of us the other night on and set game up on puplic lobby to try to get some extra racers in. We lasted 10 mins before the lads decided to quit and setup a private lobby because of the endless game breaking lag as people joined and left. Would dedicated servers fix this problem. Multiplayers have to work and be stable and be no hassle, if they are not people leave the game and go on others forza. Before people reply telling me how good the multiplay is how do you explain the really low amount of people playing online 50 or less every night when you search lobby's. This game deserves so much better because it is the best racing game on Xbox but people won't play it because of these issues, there's nothing worse your on a hot lap someone joins your game and your in a sand trap for no reason at all.

RTA nOsKiLlS
28-10-2015, 12:12
I'm no so sure its worse for the Host, we had 6 of us in a party the other night and it was happening a different points for each of us. The really big lag pauses were felt by all of us at the same time.

I think its made worse by people with a red or low ping connection joining. On the rare nights when everyone in the lobby is showing green or yellow, its seems to be pretty damn smooth. All it takes is one laggy person and the whole lobby starts skipping and pausing, and/or slowing down and speeding up though.

Raven403
28-10-2015, 12:20
I'm no so sure its worse for the Host, we had 6 of us in a party the other night and it was happening a different points for each of us. The really big lag pauses were felt by all of us at the same time.

I think its made worse by people with a red or low ping connection joining. On the rare nights when everyone in the lobby is showing green or yellow, its seems to be pretty damn smooth. All it takes is one laggy person and the whole lobby starts skipping and pausing, and/or slowing down and speeding up though.

Thats P2P working at its finest. One bad connection and its all ruined lol. Dedicated servers would help that, but arent a solution for Consoles on Pcars unfortunately. Either way it seems people joing the lobby is causing lag, which is a BIG issue in public lobbies, that shouldnt happen.

Pbucko
28-10-2015, 12:36
yes it shouldn't happen, properly mostly down to p2p. The only way I can see of fixing it is to lock out anybody joining sessions or lobby's that are racing. You can only join when games are back in lobby. But then your going to need more info on the multiplayer browser like how many laps are there and what lap there on. That way you know roughly how long it's going to be before you join. More detail on session settings would be good to. The trouble is you have got to try and get people back on the game and the way it is at the moment it's not going to happen. The lobby's are empty sad but true.

nwrlchargerl
28-10-2015, 14:46
Just come out of qualifying and loading into race then this happens.

http://xboxclips.com/NWR+l+Charger+l/05c1f264-18a1-4d5c-beb8-3e6265c8d7ae

Ideas to why this happened anyone?

Pbucko
28-10-2015, 14:59
Never had that one. Lol add it to the list.