PDA

View Full Version : Will this game ever be fixed?

DriftManiaX
27-10-2015, 07:42
After patch 5.0 i have a lot of problems i didn't had before.

Landmine bug
Chrono isn't correct
Selecting the right livery
Disconneting from game session
When i select laptimes in monitor the grid is all messed up.
Camera problems in replay mode
Etc

It look like this game will never be fixed.

I know the devs are working hard to fix all these problems but i think if they doesn't succeed after 6 months they will never be able to fix it.

SUBGTRACER
27-10-2015, 07:47
Million dollar question

TrevorAustin
27-10-2015, 09:11
Chrono isn't correct? You mean the time?

KK78
27-10-2015, 09:40
Depends if the focus has now moved more onto PCars 2? Certainly is a lot quieter round here in the last few months (as in the devs been vocal)

TrevorAustin
27-10-2015, 10:16
Depends if the focus has now moved more onto PCars 2? Certainly is a lot quieter round here in the last few months (as in the devs been vocal)

WHat a controversial idea, what would make you think that, never been suggested before. Perhaps they just got sick, tired and annoyed with all the childish ranting and insults?

KK78
27-10-2015, 10:29
Yeah ok mate ;)

Photonmonkey
27-10-2015, 10:50
Agree with TrevorAustin, there is no indication they have left PCARS 1 behind, we are still getting DLC and patch 6 is in the works it's probably just the fact that some bugs are harder to replicate and therefore fix than others. I am amazed at the amount of fixes and work that SMS are still putting into this game. I had my first crash since release yesterday and to be honest I can forgive them for that especially knowing how hard this game is pushing my dated hardware!

KK78
27-10-2015, 10:59
That why I suggested perhaps a focus shift, that's very different to suggesting they are abandoning the 1st game. I do feel the prominent figures on the forum from SMS have become less apparent, and that is open to interpretation, and I doubt that has to do with people complaining as that has gone on since day one and is arguably less common now.

Pink_650S
27-10-2015, 11:08
WHat a controversial idea, what would make you think that, never been suggested before. Perhaps they just got sick, tired and annoyed with all the childish ranting and insults?

Maybe they ran out of excuses of why the game hasnt been fixed yet?

But it'll show in the Project Cars 2 sales for sure.

Eric Bergeret
27-10-2015, 11:16
Agree with TrevorAustin, there is no indication they have left PCARS 1 behind, we are still getting DLC and patch 6 is in the works it's probably just the fact that some bugs are harder to replicate and therefore fix than others. I am amazed at the amount of fixes and work that SMS are still putting into this game. I had my first crash since release yesterday and to be honest I can forgive them for that especially knowing how hard this game is pushing my dated hardware!
dlc is not free ;), after 3 year i get bored to wait for some fix and feature.

Invincible
27-10-2015, 11:20

No this game this game will never be fixed. The Devs grabbed your money and are laying back and watching the havoc break loose.

/sarcasm

Note: Not specially to the OP, but sometimes I think that this is what some people actually WANT to read so they can unfold their maximum rage... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, like some others already said: Some bugs are way easier to fix than others. Most of them are connected to may other things that makes them hard to repro and even harder to fix because every changed number affects another one.
What you must not forget is, that Pcars has probably the most complex physics model of any racing game / sim ever made.

I do know that not all bugs are tied to physics, but still - they cannot fix everything at once. Some bugs are more important than others. Some of them (like connection lost) might even be not on SMS's but on the user's or MS/Sony's turf or due to an individual hardware failure.

Pink_650S
27-10-2015, 11:45
No this game this game will never be fixed. The Devs grabbed your money and are laying back and watching the havoc break loose.

/sarcasm

Note: Not specially to the OP, but sometimes I think that this is what some people actually WANT to read so they can unfold their maximum rage... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, like some others already said: Some bugs are way easier to fix than others. Most of them are connected to may other things that makes them hard to repro and even harder to fix because every changed number affects another one.
What you must not forget is, that Pcars has probably the most complex physics model of any racing game / sim ever made.

I do know that not all bugs are tied to physics, but still - they cannot fix everything at once. Some bugs are more important than others. Some of them (like connection lost) might even be not on SMS's but on the user's or MS/Sony's turf or due to an individual hardware failure.

But then the question is, should you go with such ambitious physics when you might end up with a messy game? Or do you go for less detailed physics, but provide a stable and satisfying experience?

I'd rather have Gran Turismo physics with 1200 cars, but a close to flawless game.

DriftManiaX
27-10-2015, 11:45
The time that's shown in the right corner isn't correct with the sector time that comes on the screen. And most of the time my sector time doens't popup on the screen. Very annoying.

DriftManiaX
27-10-2015, 11:54
[QUOTE=Invincible;1157747]No this game this game will never be fixed. The Devs grabbed your money and are laying back and watching the havoc break loose./QUOTE]

Did you hear me say that? I was the first to defend the problems since day 1. But after six months i'm losing hope. These can be problems they can never fix? At least project cars set the standard for future sims on console and thats good. But as i said i'm losing faith in this game. Let's hope Assetto corsa comes with a good first release.

Invincible
27-10-2015, 12:06
Don't get me wrong, I said it was sarcasm and also not especially related to you in person. I was just referring in general to the "ERMAGERD EVERYTHING HAS TO BE FIXED NOW OR IMMA SUE YOU"-attitude of some people.

And I can also understand you slowly getting stuffed with bugs that aren't fixed yet.
I am too to a certain degree and porbably not as much as you (maybe not as much as people who play mainly on consoles - I do own Pcars for PS4 too, but only play occasionally on it), but I think that we should still have faith in SMS to do their best to fix most of the annoying bugs.

But then the question is, should you go with such ambitious physics when you might end up with a messy game? Or do you go for less detailed physics, but provide a stable and satisfying experience?

I'd rather have Gran Turismo physics with 1200 cars, but a close to flawless game.

I think that's upon individual taste as I would take Pcars physics with bugs over a flawless Gran Turismo physics anytime.

Pink_650S
27-10-2015, 12:51
I think that's upon individual taste as I would take Pcars physics with bugs over a flawless Gran Turismo physics anytime.

Thats what l would say too, if l wanted to defend my previous statement :p

TrevorAustin
27-10-2015, 15:27
You children and your negative reps, not even got the bottle to pm, silly, silly little kiddies:) I bet that is literally your once every 24 hours fun, maybe try getting a girlfriend:)

Konan
27-10-2015, 15:44
Thats what l would say too, if l wanted to defend my previous statement :p

I share his opinion.... Project Cars is WAY better than Gran Turismo...even in it's current state.
Just my 2 cents...

Haiden
27-10-2015, 16:24

Why? You'll never drive all 1200 cars, but the physics are going to impact everything you do in the game.

Roger Prynne
27-10-2015, 16:35
You children and your negative reps, not even got the bottle to pm, silly, silly little kiddies:) I bet that is literally your once every 24 hours fun, maybe try getting a girlfriend:)

Just stop it Trevor!

Tomcul
27-10-2015, 16:57
Much and all as I have loved all the gran turismos every one of them prologue concept editions etc, I too would take pcars over it as it is any day.. No comparison.. Gt7 on the other hand hopefully will change that..

Photonmonkey
27-10-2015, 17:19
I tried to go back to GT6 to play with the course maker yesterday, oh dear, couple of laps and I thought, no, back on the shelf for you and on went Project CARS. This game has taken consoles too far forward to be beaten into submission by bugs.

Paulzx
27-10-2015, 17:47

This hits the nail on the head. If you're just a punter who bought this game having been sold the notion that it was the best driving experience available, then you'll be asking the same question...will it ever work properly?

It clearly is the best simulator on the consoles and it is fantastic when it works, but maybe it should have been marketed a bit more carefully so you knew it was
a work in progress and not a fully operational game on release? Yes, controversial but realistic.

What will happen here is that we'll get fixes down the line but ultimately it will never work like it should - that will be addressed by Pcars 2 and all the hype starts again.

In my experience, when you get a complicated game that doesn't work properly, it never really ends up working like it should, however many sequels get pumped out,
all that happens is old bugs get replaced with new bugs, because developers rely on the community to test these games properly now.

It can't be easy being a developer these days. It certainly ain't always easy being the customer either ;)

TrevorAustin
27-10-2015, 18:01
Just stop it Trevor!

When you stop the silly little comments from appearing, typically from the same user over and over again, why do you even have the rep system enabled? Completely pointless, well actually it's one point. You guys might have to be politically correct all the time, other users don't. But another thread I'll leave you tiptoeing round the garbage to.

Neil Bateman
27-10-2015, 18:24
The problem SMS have is that every patch so far has either not actually fixed everything that it was supposed to fix or created another problem to add to the list.

Its not until thousands of pc and console players install the patch does sms find out if problems are 100% fixed and find out if any other issues have been created as they cannot possibly run as many scenarios as we can, with the added complication that not everyone has the same issues and while one patch may fix one players problem another player who never experienced that problem finds a different problem he never had before.

5 patches, 5 months and hundreds of bug fixes later there are still too many serious problems still to address, while its such a great game it has become too frustrting to try and attempt any sort of serious racing, either your career or full length races with changing weather and pit stops or league racing, in effect what most of us play the game for.

Quick offline races with fixed weather and no pit stops or short 5-10 lap online races after a while become boring and tedious and are the main reason why players like me just dont really bother playing much any more, when there are 2 or 3 other games while IMO are not as good as pcars could be, at least allow me to have the races i want to have problem free.

This game as it stands limits you on what you can do without the risk of a problem messing it up for you, as a dedicated player since 2011 i hope in a month or two the problems i have with the game will be fixed, i will not wait 6-12 months to do all the things you are supposed to be able to do problem and bug free, by then the game will be just another title in my steam library in the "Old" catagory.

KK78
27-10-2015, 19:00
When you stop the silly little comments from appearing, typically from the same user over and over again, why do you even have the rep system enabled? Completely pointless, well actually it's one point. You guys might have to be politically correct all the time, other users don't. But another thread I'll leave you tiptoeing round the garbage to.

Lord help us if you become a mod, anyone who speaks their mind or disagrees with you will be banned. You can just choose not to comment as well you know, hell you don't even have to click on the threads which are 'moaning' about the game, the thread title is usually the giveaway.

SUBGTRACER
28-10-2015, 02:03
Thread has turned to crap .........................No the game wont ever be fixed ! (too large a undertaking for too small a team) as far as I can tell by the 6 months of playing the game. Would love to proven wrong but passed patches say no!

Awesome broken experience .......those 2 words are strange together to say the least. And what Neil has already said above.

I'm 100% sure everyone on this forum is in one way or another rooting for SMS to fix the game so that everything is working wonderfully as I am ......... Good luck SMS bring it home boys

Flaw3dGenius
28-10-2015, 02:19
After patch 5.0 i have a lot of problems i didn't had before.

Landmine bug
Chrono isn't correct
Selecting the right livery
Disconneting from game session
When i select laptimes in monitor the grid is all messed up.
Camera problems in replay mode
Etc

I know the devs are working hard to fix all these problems but i think if they doesn't succeed after 6 months they will never be able to fix it.

6 months after release with just as many problems now? I just dont see SMS being able to fix the game. PCARS2 maybe but the problem is SMS dont work together in the same office instead working from home individually...Im sure this is the cause of most issues and if it is i just cannot see SMS ever getting a game to run smoothly.

Have you seen your sig? ;)

CHEN255
28-10-2015, 04:49
I can't see it ever being fixed. Every patch is a stutter step forward, not fixing things that are supposedly addressed in the patch notes, and new bugs appearing.
I'm sure SMS are trying, but I think it is too much for them.
I have Driveclub and Battlefield 4, my two favourite games. I purchased both a year after release and while they were broken games at release the developers fixed them and they are absolutely mint games now. Every patch they released markedly improved the games, sadly the same can't be said of PCars.
One thing is for sure, thanks to PCars I will never preorder again and when PCars 2 releases I will wait a week or two before purchase to make sure it is good.

Pink_650S
28-10-2015, 06:41
Why? You'll never drive all 1200 cars, but the physics are going to impact everything you do in the game.

And the bugs in Project Cars do the same :D

I tried to go back to GT6 to play with the course maker yesterday, oh dear, couple of laps and I thought, no, back on the shelf for you and on went Project CARS. This game has taken consoles too far forward to be beaten into submission by bugs.

Not sure why you would compare a modified 2010 PS3 game to a 2015 PS4 game.
Do you think thats a valid and fair comparison?

the-D-
28-10-2015, 06:59
Some people just can't see past their own egos, thinking all the time they'll get thrown a bone from their master,....sycophants are really the reason the human race is subjugated sadly :-/

This is too whom will recognise this in themselves, you know who you are ;-)

Pink_650S
28-10-2015, 07:01
Don't get me wrong, I said i was sarcasm and also not especially related to you in person. I was just referring in general to the "ERMAGERD EVERYTHING HAS TO BE FIXED NOW OR IMMA SUE YOU"-attitude of some people.

And I can also understand you slowly getting stuffed with bugs that aren't fixed yet.
I am too to a certain degree and porbably not as much as you (maybe not as much as people who play mainly on consoles - I do own Pcars for PS4 too, but only play occasionally on it), but I think that we should still have faith in SMS to do their best to fix most of the annoying bugs.

Where do you take this faith from though?
From all the patches and what they've promised to fix? /sarcasm.

Konan
28-10-2015, 09:46
Where do you take this faith from though?
From all the patches and what they've promised to fix? /sarcasm.

Have you at least taken a look at the list off fixes they DID do before complaining about what they didn't?

Konan
28-10-2015, 09:46
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PS4)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-14-10

In case you can't or won't make the effort...

chig88
28-10-2015, 09:54
Personally I don't see the major bugs ever being fixed. Mostly due to the fact that the cause of several of them (landmines etc) seems to be unknown.

I appreciate the effort to improve the game in small areas with minor tweaks in each patch, but I doubt we'll ever have a smooth-running game. IMO too much focus is placed on solving smaller issues on PC when the consoles have much larger issues which go ignored/receive less attention.

I understand SMS carried out the whole development of the game on PC & that they have forged a relationship with that user-base, but when they admit that most of their revenue has come from the console market it's disappointing that the console game still has such fundamental issues.

Pink_650S
28-10-2015, 10:25
Have you at least taken a look at the list off fixes they DID do before complaining about what they didn't?

Lol, yea. Non-working pitstops have never been in that list, and although promised to be working with 5.0, they apparentky still dont work.
This is a racing simulator, pitstops should work.

Crashes and landmine bug still not fixed either.

KK78
28-10-2015, 10:27
And don't get me started on Trophy issues, I've sat at 98% since August, bloody community events :)

Konan
28-10-2015, 10:28
Fair enough...but i'm sure they're still working on those...

BigAlex
28-10-2015, 11:09
Fisrt Blue screen crash yesterday. I was playing online and after the race went back to the lobby and stayed for a while. Then I decided to leave the lobby and then... BANG.. That Blue screen of death appeared...

bluesky0870
28-10-2015, 11:18
Fair enough...but i'm sure they're still working on those...

They are still working on those, but what will be the result? Every patch doesn't fix the major bugs like broken setup saves or the loss of the general game save.
Instead of fixing them with every patch even more bugs pop up. New features like the "brake line only" aren't working correctly 100%. Now they even managed to break the weather. DLC stuff caused even more flaws (the Audi pack e.g. after its release or the self deleting modified car pack).
What do you expect to see in the next patch?

To be patient and to have faith is ok, but it is nearly half a year later and all what happened is that bug A has been replaced with bug B. Problem C was solved but problem D was implemented.

The game size at release were 18GB. 7 patches were released so far, each 2GB averaged = 14GB. Let's subtract 500Mb for every of the 4 post release DLC until now. That code was included in the patches. So more or less 12 GB were exchanged in the end what means 2/3 of the game. What is the actual result and state of the game? Are you still that faithful to see the game fixed completely and when do you expect that to be?

Sankyo
28-10-2015, 11:24
The game size at release were 18GB. 7 patches were released so far, each 2GB averaged = 14GB. Let's subtract 500Mb for every of the 4 post release DLC until now. That code was included in the patches. So more or less 12 GB were recoded in the end what means 2/3 of the game. What is the actual result? Are you still that faithful to see the game fixed completely and when do you expect that to be?
Of course this is a complete nonsense argument :) No way that 12GB was 'recoded', as one small change in a big container file will often mean re-exporting the whole container file and with that a big patch. So saying that 2/3 of the game was recoded since release is plainly not true and just a false argument to suggest that the devs are doing things very wrong.

bluesky0870
28-10-2015, 11:27
Of course this is a complete nonsense argument :) No way that 12GB was 'recoded', as one small change in a big container file will often mean re-exporting the whole container file and with that a big patch. So saying that 2/3 of the game was recoded since release is plainly not true and just a false argument to suggest that the devs are doing things very wrong.

I noticed that too while you were writing your post, I have edited my post.

ChrisK
28-10-2015, 11:33
The answer is no.
/thread.

Konan
28-10-2015, 15:40
Always the same... Nagging when a game is delayed several times and than when the developers give in to the pressure...it's nagging about the game not being complete and having bugs....
I too thought the game was a finished product on release but have since then got over the fact that it needs some work...
No use getting all worked up about that...they know the issues...they are working on them...they will get resolved....that's my state of mind...
I can understand not everyone thinks like that but hey...there are worse things to worry about in life...

Photonmonkey
28-10-2015, 20:17
Not sure why you would compare a modified 2010 PS3 game to a 2015 PS4 game.
Do you think thats a valid and fair comparison?

Hello! you brought gran turismo physics into the equation, I was stating that we have moved on from those physics now, so I would rather have a non perfect more realistic sim than what the limited GT physics can offer!