PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T150 Force Feedback Setting Suggestions

enel___
27-10-2015, 12:41
Hey guys,

I just upgraded from a T80 to a T150 with force feedback and I'm struggling with the proper settings.
Does someone have recommendations? Couldn't find anything on the net.

I tried with default, randomly adjusted and the T300 settings suggested here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T4ly0iG4tE (wheel is far to heavy).

My problems
I experience some strange strokes when driving in straight lines (eg Ginetta GT4). Don't know what project cars is trying to simulate here. Steering left/right is far to heavy, and with the strokes it's hard to drive in someones slipstream.
On Bathurst it's almost impossible to get the apex right in the middle section - which was no problem with the T80.
The wheel doesn't feel much different when steering left/right while car is standing, accelerating, braking or even when the wheels are spinning.

In short, I don't feel the car at all.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I already start to believe that my wheel is broken.

Thanks

amazed
27-10-2015, 12:52
What platform are you on?

enel___
27-10-2015, 12:59
PS4
Maybe the T100 settings might fit better and be a good start - can you share yours?

amazed
27-10-2015, 14:01
Mine are listed as the T100 settings at

http://pcars.oscarolim.pt

Last setting could either be set at 1.0 or 2.0

Loki C346
29-10-2015, 12:21
I recently got a T150 set up and have not found an enjoyable setting. Tried tweaking it last night to Jack Spade's stuff but it really doesn't work for me. When trying to straighten the wheels quickly the FFB fights back hard, and the telemetry shows clipping. It doesn't make sense to me to feel the tires fight trying to straighten on turn exit. It is also extremely twitchy on straights and I am constantly having to correct.

Every setting I have tried is unusable. I had the FFB and Tire Force set to around 17 and that may have been too low - not really any FFB during the race, just sort of a limp noodle. There was also no feel from kurbs or gravel at all. Here is a stream of testing last night using JS 66%, then Bumps Plus Classic. The weaving back and forth is not me screwing around, that's me just trying to keep it pointed straight. T150 Wheel set to 900

http://www.twitch.tv/loki_c346/v/22991148

GTsimms
29-10-2015, 13:20
Loki C346, I will update the T150 settings soon with results from wheelcheck and the baseline thread. Poirqc and I have agreed, that the latest tests with the Fanatec GT3 and T150 RS were successful enough to make an addition to the settings links with the test results.

jwitt418
01-11-2015, 23:19
The problem is the calibration, which I learned from this forum...

Make sure it's set to 900*...you want to hold mode and tap the left or right directional until it the light blinks 4 times. Now it's in in 900* setting.

Start calibration, turn wheel counter clockwise all the way then press X.

Next, turn the wheel clockwise to you reach exactly 900. Might take a few back and forths, but press X to lock in at 900.

This made the wheel 100x more accurate for me. No more double rotations to make a small turn. Now the AI's hands match my movement. Good luck.

I'm still interested in optimizing FF for PS4 w/ T150. If anyone has suggestions less confusing than "jack spade's" id be interested to know

enel___
03-11-2015, 21:19
JWITT418, would you mind sharing the global force Feedback settings that you use?
And also an example of a cars ingame ffb settings?

I got my settings better in the meantime But one cannot say its even close to realistic

jiggyziggy
18-11-2015, 07:44
Hi !

I wanted to bump this thread. Are there any news on ffb setup suggestions ?

I found these both threads :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1147221&viewfull=1#post1147221

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35147-Baseline-controler-FFB-values-Google-sheet-amp-FCM-Universal&p=1161343&viewfull=1#post1161343

but i do believe these ones are for PC only... ?

I tried the settings but with the low ffb (70) and TF (29) i almost felt nothing. I then set both too 100 it was ok but not perfect..

I guess it is THAT low because of the "total strength" of Thrustmaster Software on PC.

(I experience the same problems like enel___ )

Quote:

My problems
I experience some strange strokes when driving in straight lines (eg Ginetta GT4). Don't know what project cars is trying to simulate here. Steering left/right is far to heavy, and with the strokes it's hard to drive in someones slipstream.
On Bathurst it's almost impossible to get the apex right in the middle section - which was no problem with the T80.
The wheel doesn't feel much different when steering left/right while car is standing, accelerating, braking or even when the wheels are spinning.

Thaaaaank you for all the hard work

Oilseal
20-11-2015, 21:42
After my Logi G25 died I got a T150 today.

After following all the instructions and downloading the latest drivers (2015_TTRS_2) I double click on the exe file which opens a window that asks if I want to allow changes to my PC. Click Yes.........and nothing happens.

Checked my control panel and the Thrustmaster wheel appears there.Checked in game and set wheel to T150 but calibration all over the place. Need drivers I suspect

Unsure what to do next.........Any advice

Oilseal

Oilseal
21-11-2015, 09:23
Sorted. Turned out to be something AVG

Ta

Czowa
24-11-2015, 16:18
Hello.
Which parameter is responsible for trembling/buzzing of the steering wheel while driving on the straight road (in every single car)In GT3 less, in Formula A harder.
It happened after the update to the 6.0 version !!!!!!!!!!
Wheel is Thrustmaster T150

My setup.

Steering Deadzone (0)
Steering Sensitivity (50)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Controller Filtering Sensitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

Force Feedback (100) After lowering it is a little better
RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Controller Input Mode (3)
Advanced (On)
Sot Steering Dampening (On)
Visual Wheel Filtering (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

=============================================================

Tire Force (115) After lowering it is a little better
Per Wheel Movement (0)
Per Wheel Movement Squared (0)
Wheel Position Smoothing (0.04)

Deadzone Removal Range (0.00)
Deadzone Removal Falloff (0.01)

Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)
Relative Adjust Gain (1.10)
Relative Adjust Bleed (0.10)
Relative Adjust Clamp (0.95)

Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)

Soft Clipping Half Input (0)
Soft Clipping Full Output (0)

T150 additional settings

Menu spring strength (0.70)
Low speed spring coefficient (1.00)
Low spring speed saturation (1.00)
Steering gain (2.00) After lowering it is a little better

enel___
30-11-2015, 08:35
[QUOTE=Czowa;1178689]Hello.
Which parameter is responsible for trembling/buzzing of the steering wheel while driving on the straight road (in every single car)In GT3 less, in Formula A harder.

Setting the spring to 0.1 and also lowering the Rest to 0.7 or so reduced the trembling to almost zero for me.
Maybe it also depends on your ingame settings as it seems to be different for each car&track

Samc
02-12-2015, 22:27
[QUOTE=Czowa;1178689]Hello.

Setting the spring to 0.1 and also lowering the Rest to 0.7 or so reduced the trembling to almost zero for me.
Maybe it also depends on your ingame settings as it seems to be different for each car&track

Thanks this really helped me, although still having centering spring issues.

I just got my T150 last weekend and have just begun to fiddle around with settings on PCars. I've gotten some good results so far; I anticipate posting my settings in the near future. Kinda sucks that this wheel is so new (and so nice too...) thus lacking a lot of user experience but I'm making good progress. If I can make half the gains I've made in the first few days of using the wheel over the next week, I think we will find some great settings.

DisagioAbbestia
11-12-2015, 10:15
[QUOTE=enel___;1182770]

Thanks this really helped me, although still having centering spring issues.

I just got my T150 last weekend and have just begun to fiddle around with settings on PCars. I've gotten some good results so far; I anticipate posting my settings in the near future. Kinda sucks that this wheel is so new (and so nice too...) thus lacking a lot of user experience but I'm making good progress. If I can make half the gains I've made in the first few days of using the wheel over the next week, I think we will find some great settings.

Hi, I'm a new T150 user too and a totally wheel-noob.
I'm struggling with the setups too, can't enjoy it right now.
Any help, as it simplified as possible, will be very appreciated

Czowa
17-12-2015, 15:10
Answer from Thrustmaster Technical Support.

===

Project Cars is one of the racing games that generates one of the most powerful FFB effects.

Consequently we recommend you to add a value to the steering dead-zone (do not leave it on 0) and reduce the FFB at about 70-80.

Then try it again.

Samc
17-12-2015, 19:22
Hi, I'm a new T150 user too and a totally wheel-noob.
I'm struggling with the setups too, can't enjoy it right now.
Any help, as it simplified as possible, will be very appreciated

I'll post my global settings this evening (EST). Of course for individual cars, you'll want to tune the car scales using Oscarolim's guide:
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars/36

His settings are mostly a matter of choice/personal feel so make sure you try all of them.

DisagioAbbestia
19-12-2015, 13:27
I'm starting to undestrand what the parameters means and what they do, but I still can't make them work together for a confortable setup.
A lot bumps vibrations, constant feeling of gliding... I'm making one step forward and two steps back everyday

Marvsche97
26-12-2015, 15:25
Hey Guys, I got the best setting for the Thrustmaster T150 for me so far. After almost 2 whole days of trying, i figured it out!! I hope it works for you, too. Please let me know!!!

In this setup you can feel all the bumps, kerbs, grass..almost everything that you want to feel from the car and the track. It works perfect for me!

Before you start, you have to change the wheel to 900 degrees of rotation. You can do that by holding the mode button and pressing the left or right buttons on the D-pad until the red light glows 4 times in a row.

Now, here is my setup!

To get tge right feel for all cars you need to change the setup for each car. I did that in training mode.

For the right setup you can check out this website:
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Now the setuo for the wheel.
Wheel: Thrustmaster T150

My setup.

Steering Deadzone (0)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

Force Feedback (85) you can increase or lower it!
RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Advanced (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

====================================

Tire Force (35)
Per Wheel Movement (0)

Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)

Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)

Menu spring strength (0.10)
Low speed spring coefficient (0.70)
Low spring speed saturation (0.70)
Steering gain (1.75)*

I hope you'll enjoy it and please give me feedback!

Thanks! :)

DisagioAbbestia
26-12-2015, 20:16
Hey Guys, I got the best setting for the Thrustmaster T150 for me so far. After almost 2 whole days of trying, i figured it out!! I hope it works for you, too. Please let me know!!!

In this setup you can feel all the bumps, kerbs, grass..almost everything that you want to feel from the car and the track. It works perfect for me!

Before you start, you have to change the wheel to 900 degrees of rotation. You can do that by holding the mode button and pressing the left or right buttons on the D-pad until the red light glows 4 times in a row.

Now, here is my setup!

To get tge right feel for all cars you need to change the setup for each car. I did that in training mode.

My setup.

Steering Deadzone (0)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Advanced (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

Tire Force (35)
Per Wheel Movement (0)

Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)

Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)

Steering gain (1.75)*

Dude... this setup is just

PERFECT!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much

Marvsche97
27-12-2015, 08:48
Thank you very much! :)
Glad that you like it!! If you have some suggestions to make it better, then tell me pls

menace76
27-12-2015, 15:53
Oh hell yeah !!!! Wow, just tried your settings and they work very VERY well for me. After weeks of trying out all different kinds of setup I was about to give up on PC but you saved it. Looks like I finally get to drive in this game instead of tweaking numerous FFB parameters with no result. Tnx man !

KevinK15
29-12-2015, 12:43
Got the T150 for Christmas. Excited to play but found that out of box was difficult. Used these settings and adjusted the wheel to 900*. What a difference! Thank you. Time to start my career where I left off and use the Oscarolim car setups.

Timo Kaaarp
30-12-2015, 20:22
Thanks Marvsche, a big improvement over the defaults.

I left the ffb at 100 and bumped the tire force to 45 as it felt too light at the front, but very good otherwise.

Shame the default settings aren't like this in game, not sure how the playtesters thought it was fine.

DisagioAbbestia
31-12-2015, 18:37
I'm enjoying it too. Like I said before, this setup is just perfect as it is.
I'm near to the laptimes I did with the gamepad, and this is my first wheel ever.
But, i liked how the Per Wheel Movement and the Per Wheel Movement Squared posted by user GTsimms feels like.
I tryed to set it on Marvsche97 settings but my wheel started to shake on straight so I reverted back.
Is there a way to adapt it on Marvsche97 setup?

Marvsche97
01-01-2016, 08:52
Hey Disagio, maybe i can help you with your problem with this setup!
Steering Deadzone (0)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

Force Feedback (100)you can increase or lower it!
RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Advanced (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

Tire Force (180)
Per Wheel Movement (0)
Wheel Position Smoothing (0)

Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)
Relative Adjust Gain (1.00)
Relative Adjust Clamp (0.90)

Scoop Knee (1,00)
Scoop Reduction (0.30)

Menu spring strength (0)
Low speed spring coefficient (0.65)
Low spring speed saturation (0.65)
Steering gain (0.15)

Please tell me how it works. On the straight there should be no shaking anymore. Hope it helps you :)

DisagioAbbestia
01-01-2016, 13:42
Thanks for your quick reply Marvsche, but maybe I have not expressed properly.
I'm not having any shaking problem with your setup posted in the previos page (Tire force 35 etc). This setup is perfect.

What I meant was: I tried, weeks ago, a setup posted by user GTsimms.
There was a particular thing I really liked:

Per Wheel Movement -0.19
Per Wheel Movement Squared 0.22
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.05

I used his setup until yours came out.
Now, I'm trying to undestrand if those PWM (-0,19) PWMS (0.22) and WPS (0.05) are adaptable in your setup.
My first try said "nope" :D

Assassin170
08-01-2016, 16:16
Thanks for your quick reply Marvsche, but maybe I have not expressed properly.
I'm not having any shaking problem with your setup posted in the previos page (Tire force 35 etc). This setup is perfect.

What I meant was: I tried, weeks ago, a setup posted by user GTsimms.
There was a particular thing I really liked:

Now, I'm trying to undestrand if those PWM (-0,19) PWMS (0.22) and WPS (0.05) are adaptable in your setup.
My first try said "nope" :D
Hi guys just got t150 trying to get used to it just want to know does anyone have any update on globel settings a should try for this wheel ?

moewer76
10-01-2016, 14:22
Thx man, bought the T150 yesterday, this setup also works great for me on PS4!

Patrick73
11-01-2016, 09:17
A bit off topic but does anyone use a usb extension cable with there wheel? The one I used doesn't work so I was wondering if it had to be a certain one (2.0 or 3.0)

Patrick73
11-01-2016, 09:31

Now, here is my setup!

My setup.

Steering Deadzone (0)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Advanced (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

Tire Force (35)
Per Wheel Movement (0)

Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)

Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)

Steering gain (1.75)*

Love these settings but quick question,do you calibrate the wheel in 1080 mode and the change it to 900 or set it to 900 first and then calibrate it.

HazMan1988
14-01-2016, 21:59
Love these settings but quick question,do you calibrate the wheel in 1080 mode and the change it to 900 or set it to 900 first and then calibrate it.

I've been using these settings as well with Oscar's Sop+Lateral FFB settings for Formula A and it feels pretty good, atleast the best I've had it. The game should remember the setting you set for it as far as I know. I just bought F1 2015 recently and that sets the wheel to 360 degrees (or 300?) as soon as it boots up, I'm pretty sure pCARS just remembers what you set previously. Calibration ofcourse helps massively. Do the second turn so it's exactly on 900.

Patrick73
15-01-2016, 21:17
Thanks that's where I was going wrong, not doing the second turn to 900! Much appreciated. It's so much better now!

Marvsche97
21-01-2016, 23:19
Set it to 900 and then calibrate it. But both works! :)

gotdirt410sprintcar
22-01-2016, 03:18
I started a thread for all thrustmaster's if we all go and use it maybe it will get a sticky. Be easy for all

fishfash
24-01-2016, 15:37
Thanks tom Marvsche97, I used your settings and it works great.

I changed the Tire Force to 180, as I noticed you posted 180 in your second lot of settings.

Rodders
01-02-2016, 13:33
Hi Marvsche, I tried your settings on my T150 and liked them a lot. Will they translate onto a T300RS wheel too?

Marvsche97
07-02-2016, 16:01
Hey I don't know if they work with the T300. I'm sorry

tgutsu
09-02-2016, 18:13
If the wheel is jerky when it self calibrates then your extension cable is too long. If the wheel won't calibrate at all then wrong cable.i had to use a 2m in the end. If that helps

rafaelcg84
10-02-2016, 04:21
do you guys change the force feedback on each car as well?

Marvsche97
10-02-2016, 10:13
Yes! You have to Change the Setup for each car. For the right Setup you should try this link!

rafaelcg84
11-02-2016, 21:41
Yes! You have to Change the Setup for each car. For the right Setup you should try this link!

Cool, I'll try to setup a few cars. Anyway with your configs the wheel feels much better already.

Did you choose "Classic" from the config dropdown-menu and "2.7" from the version?

Marvsche97
12-02-2016, 07:48
Yes, I did. But you can choose the one you prefer. At the Moment "Classic" works best for me :)

Crisis Nine
22-02-2016, 10:31
I've got a question about the T150 TM Control Panel. WHen I updated the wheel, the Control Panel has a load of pre-set FFB values in one of the tabs, if I remember correctly they are all set at 200, should these settings be left alone or reduced to zero? I'm sure I read somewhere that if you leave them at the default values they overpower any settings on PCars?

Marvsche97
23-02-2016, 09:57
Set them to 0 !

Crisis Nine
25-02-2016, 12:05
Set them to 0 !

Thanks very much!

Salty Dog
26-02-2016, 13:11
Awesome thread, just got my T150 home, will set up tomorrow, i think id be stuffed without this thread, thanks to all.

Crisis Nine
28-02-2016, 09:24

Now, here is my setup!

My setup.

Steering Deadzone (0)
Throttle Deadzone (0)
Throttle Sensitity (50)
Brake Deadzone (0)
Brake Sensitity (40)
Clutch Deadzone (0)
Clutch Sensititvy (35)

Speed Snesitivity (0)
Damper Saturation (0)

RPM/Gear Display (Yes)

Advanced (On)
Opposite Lock Help (Off)

Tire Force (35)
Per Wheel Movement (0)

Linkage Scale (0.00)
Linkage Stiffness (1.00)
Linkage Damping (1.00)

Scoop Knee (0.60)
Scoop Reduction (0.15)

Steering gain (1.75)*

I tried this setup out last night and I can confirm that it by far he best one I've found yet. Knocked seconds off some of my best times and you can really feel everything the car is doing. Rel nice thank you.

kggregory33
07-05-2016, 14:34
Hi! Have used a cheap wheel before, on PS2. Just bought a T150 for PS4and project cars....I am sure this thread would be helpful, BUT I am not at all familiar with terminology of wheel issues. Therefore I don't know what issue I am having, and the subsequent appropriate fix.
Basically, when I drive down a straightaway: If i have to make a minor adjustment, REALLY minor like 1 or 2 degrees, I am ok. For this example, i will say I am swerving left - If I turn the wheel SLOWLY left more than say 3 or 4 degrees to the left, it will suddenly kick on force feed back and almost tug the wheel right. Sometimes to the point where it will tug it right 3 or 4 degrees then kick on the forcebeedback and tug it back left. It's like I have a crazy passenger grabbing the wheel! The wheel feels great in all other aspects and scenarios.
This is the only issue I have. Turns are great, minor adjustments feel awesome throughout turns because I am already into the force feedback range. And starting a turn is fine because i have enough umfff in my initial motion so I don't feel the spot where it kicks on.
Please help! What am I experiencing? Is this notching? Is it deadzone? I could see either word describing what i am experiencing. Regardless of what it is called, how do i fix this? Thanks!!!!

Olijke Poffer
09-05-2016, 19:51
Does the wheel clamp hold the force of the FFB so the wheel stays firmly on the table top? Or wheel stand?
I'm planning to buy a T150.

kggregory33
09-05-2016, 22:00
Does the wheel clamp hold the force of the FFB so the wheel stays firmly on the table top? Or wheel stand?
I'm planning to buy a T150.

It does. Quite firmly. In fact, i use a card table. It moves the table...lol, but does not at all move ON the table.

Olijke Poffer
10-05-2016, 10:10
Thanks for the reply. I was a bit sceptic about it because I had a Thrustmaster TX for pcars on the Xbox and a wheel stand pro. This TX wheel could be firmly fixed with bolds on the stand. Perhaps I'll buy a new wheel stand pro as I sold the whole setup.
Now that I have pcars for the PS4 I like to buy a new setup but cheaper than a TX or T300 for the PS,Although I will first test if I have a nice table to mount the wheel.
A new wheel stand pro is nice but if I can do without it is better for my wallet.

Crisis Nine
10-05-2016, 19:57
Just so you know, the T150 can't be hard mounted as it has no threads. It can only be clamp mounted, even on a wheel stand.

MillsLayne
10-05-2016, 22:13
I've tried a couple of the settings listed here, but it feels too twitchy, even when I turn down the steering sensitivity. I've moved it all over the place, but I don't feel much difference between the settings.

GewoonAnton
11-08-2016, 10:06
hey guys, i got a problem. I have a thrustmaster t150 force feedback as wheel. works fine but i can't push the throttle half way.. it's only full or nothing. anyone got a solution for this?

Roger Prynne
11-08-2016, 10:15
Have you calibrated the wheel/pedals correctly in-game?

GewoonAnton
11-08-2016, 13:34
Have you calibrated the wheel/pedals correctly in-game?
I think i did.. i pushed the throttle and brake as far down as they could.. i've tried like every combination with the sensitivity and deadzone.. it just doesn't work..

Roger Prynne
11-08-2016, 15:49
Did they go to 100% in the calibrate pedals screen?
Also did you assign them in the 'Edit Assignments' screen first?

GewoonAnton
11-08-2016, 16:35
yes i did assign them.. I think the problem is with the wheel itself.. i have the same problem with F1 2014..
I only have to push it down a little bit, not even a quarter and it's already 100%...

Roger Prynne
11-08-2016, 19:44
Do they respond correctly in the thrustmaster control panel?

GewoonAnton
12-08-2016, 09:22
where can i find that?

Roger Prynne
12-08-2016, 09:59
Did you even install the software for the wheel?

GewoonAnton
12-08-2016, 10:02
yes i did.. otherwise i couldn't play..

Roger Prynne
12-08-2016, 10:05
Have a read of this.... https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t150ffb-en/

GewoonAnton
12-08-2016, 10:17
allright i feel stupid now.. :(

but it's working now. thank you so much man!

Roger Prynne
12-08-2016, 10:19
No probs, glad I could help.

Honkey
10-09-2016, 07:08
good thread.

littleregret265
10-12-2016, 16:18
Hey, I'm having an issue with my wheel on PS4 where sometimes after counter-steering (applying opposite-lock), the wheel will move slightly off-center. I'm not sure how to remedy the problem, but upon further inspection, it is not limited to this game. I was wondering anyone else has had the same problem or found a fix for it, if at all possible.

j-Fly
23-03-2017, 07:34
The problem is the calibration, which I learned from this forum...

Make sure it's set to 900*...you want to hold mode and tap the left or right directional until it the light blinks 4 times. Now it's in in 900* setting.

Start calibration, turn wheel counter clockwise all the way then press X.

Next, turn the wheel clockwise to you reach exactly 900. Might take a few back and forths, but press X to lock in at 900.

This made the wheel 100x more accurate for me. No more double rotations to make a small turn. Now the AI's hands match my movement. Good luck.

I'm still interested in optimizing FF for PS4 w/ T150. If anyone has suggestions less confusing than "jack spade's" id be interested to know

This doesn't appear to be possible for me. I've been at it for over an hour and the closest I can get is 899 or 901

Roger Prynne
23-03-2017, 13:39
This doesn't appear to be possible for me. I've been at it for over an hour and the closest I can get is 899 or 901

That's near enough.

j-Fly
23-03-2017, 23:13
That's near enough.
Thanks! I finally got it to 900. Is this a permanent setting or do I have to calibrate this every time? I'm new to Project Cars.

Roger Prynne
24-03-2017, 00:07
You shouldn't have to do it more than once.

MannyPakkuiao
23-05-2017, 05:58
I'm throwing in the towel after scouring the internet for the days- I need help.

Wheel: T150
Console: PS4
Set and calibrated to 900 degrees.
Using the settings by Marvsche97 on page two and Jack Spade's classic setup.

Here's the problem, most likely a glitch;
I cannot feel understeer at all. Nor can I feel driving into the wall at any speed. The steering wheel is just right and there is no feedback on the road. I get feedback when I drive over kerbs but that's the only time I feel it.

Here's the kicker- in my roughly 20 hours of playing the game, there have been two instances, completely random where it was working how it's intended- almost felt like AC. I was getting so much more feedback that I shaved 2.1 seconds off my lap at Laguna Seca in a Gumpert Apollo. I also got the feedback randomly on California highway once and I felt like a driving God. I was getting all types of feedback and not crashing into barriers because I finally could feel when I was slipping.
Otherwise I have to listen closely to the tires to see if they're squealing and that's the only way I know to back off the throttle.

Note: This happened completely randomly and was gone again when I restarted the game

Now if these breakthroughs happened more often, I may be able to pin point what exactly it is that induces them but since they've only happened twice, completely randomly, I have no idea.

Please help �� those two times were a JOYFUL experience and I need more of it in my life!

hehehemann
30-05-2017, 01:15
I am finding these setting by GTSimms to be the best for the T150. I am on PC and using the 0.60 steering gain as I like a little heavier feeling wheel. Also using Jack Spades 2.Fy+SopLateral Mix FFB settings. The game really feels good with this set up, better than using the G27 I had.

T150 RS Wheel Settings
Console skip (you will have to lower or increase Tire Force with Spring and Damper activated unless this changed)
Use Below in Thrustmaster Control Panel
Wheel 900 or (1080 recommended)
Overall Strength 75
Constant 100
Periodic 100
Spring 100
Damper 100
by the game

Jack Spade Kerbs Classic folder, but works with others!

Configuration FFB 100

Tire Force 75
Per Wheel Movement -.01
Per Wheel Movement Squared .02
Wheel Position Smoothing .04
Deadzone Removal Range .17
Deadzone Removal Falloff .035 (yes you have to guess clicks)
Linkage Scale .00
Linkage Stiffness 1.00
Linkage Damping 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.85
Scoop Knee .61
Scoop Reduction .45
Soft Half 0
Soft Full 0
Menu Spring Strength 40
Low Speed Spring Coefficient .88
Low Speed Spring Saturation .95
Steering Gain around .52 closer to a car you have probably driven or .60 Heavier feels good with lots of feedback

Olijke Poffer
30-05-2017, 07:01
Just tried this settings with the minus kerbs - classic JS setup and it is just spot on.
Only Personally I prefer somewhat stronger / Stiffer steering so I upper the master and SoP scale 2 steps on every car.

Thanks again. ;)

stringer.6
23-06-2017, 15:18
Hello everyone ..:)

WOW !!!!!!:excitement::excitement::excitement:

This thread and Forum is amazing... Thats all i can say ..;)

I got PS4 around a couple of weeks back ....

Got my Thrustmaster T150 3 days ago ...

Since then i have been trying to solve the dark art :confusion::confusion: of setting up and calibrating the T150 to get the most feel and fun out of Project cars ...
I have been reading this thread and a couple of other ones to figure out what all the parameters on the Configs page of Project Cars do ...

Well i have finally got it setup to my liking and will be posting my settings here soon ...

Thanks to everyone on this Forum and thread ....:):):)

GTsimms
26-06-2017, 14:39
Those settings have been updated, since the posting and link in signature.

sroc3
29-06-2017, 00:12
Hi All :) Just tried the settings here and some improvements in terms of control....also did the Formula A car and other car indv. setups - it's great.

However..........even with force feedback at 100 and tire force at 180 - I cant feel the curbs like I used to. Even an F1 car isn't that smooth over curbs/track ribs.

Any thoughts on how to bring back some of the "realism"?

Thanks in advance everyone!

UPDATE:
- made some edits to FFB Calibration settings, but still can't get the right feel......I think i just jumbled everything up. Crummy.

Does any one, by chance have a solid, tried and tested PS4 specific settings file on hand? :)

This whole mess is dampening my spirits....hehe, see what I did there? ;)

Roger Prynne
29-06-2017, 07:20
^ have you seen this thread?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Scroll down to the Red text.

Olijke Poffer
29-06-2017, 07:23
Indeed. And for some really good FFB settings try these,
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1147221&viewfull=1#post1147221

sroc3
29-06-2017, 18:49
Thanks guys! I tired it all again and RESET everything then plugged in "global Settings" - Feels great now! WAY more realistic....I followed those links before but did way too much too soon.

However, Olijke, I clicked on the link above....I tired those before (from GTSIMMS) and it seemed to numb everything. Since I have a PS4, am I missing out on these settings for the PC?
I'm confused on how to access these from my console - or no need?....

---------------------
Use Below in Thrustmaster Control Panel
Overall Strength 75
Constant 100
Periodic 100
Spring 100
Damper 100
by the game

Jack Spade Kerbs Classic folder, but works with others!
---------------------

GTsimms
30-06-2017, 02:15
Make sure the wheel is set at 1080 deg, use Jacks files, and my settings.

In Jacks op

For the Console Guys

Wootball no longer does the conversion this website is up to date: http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

But you can export the settings though.

Choose the folder you want and export it from this site:
http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/export

If you don't have MS Excel, you can open the file with OpenOffice Calc :-)
http://www.openoffice.org/

You can export the file in pdf-format from both programs.

sroc3
30-06-2017, 03:07
MY NEW PS4 SETTINGS....Amazeballs.

Steering Calibrated to 900

T Force - 80
pwm -0.01
pwms 0.02
WPS 0.03

DRR 0.17
DRF 0.03

LS 0.00
LST 1.00
LDM 1.00

RAG 1.54
RAB 0.10
RAC 0.95

SCK 0.61
SCR 0.46

SCH 0.00
SCF 0.00

MSS 0.40
LSC 0.88
LSS 0.95
SG 0.52

-------------------

SD 0
SS 50
TD 0
TS 50
BD 0
BS 35
no clutch usage

SS 0
CFS 0
DS 0

FFB 100
RPM yes

CIM 3
A on
SSD on
VWF on
OLH off

--------------

These settings are as close to how I feel when I am racing on the track on track days. Visceral enough but not overpowering at all. And you feel all the bumps and kerbs properly. I used to have issues with high speed/max speed handling (too wavy/twitchy) - not anymore. Force Feedback is just right when slowing down for turns and doing exits. Oversteer corrections are pretty accurate as well.

Hope this helps everyone! Let me know what you all think! I was thinking of getting the T300, but now I'm fine with this till Amazon goes on sale!! haha!! :)

Thanks to all who have posted their settings!!!!

UPDATED: 7/2

GTsimms
30-06-2017, 10:54
sroc3 are you using the tweaker files?

sroc3
30-06-2017, 15:16
sroc3 are you using the tweaker files?

I started with this - http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/global-settings (I believe this link was on the Tweaker Files page in Red). If you are talking about the "files" for each car in the .csv format file I have no way of doing a universal upload for it. I do use them however for each new car I decide to drive - but I edit my setups each time for each track, for each car. I little tedious really. lol.

Then - added some tweaks to the Scoop knee, scoop reduction and kept on doing Spa Francorchamps Over and over again with the Formula A car & The Toyota LMP1 Hybrid. Messed with the Tire Force to get juuuust the right amount of feedback. Assuming one is a smooth driver, you still get juuust the right amount of kerb feeling as well at fast AND slow speeds. My high speed runs are perfect now and not twitchy.

All this took me hours of going through numerous posts.....What I think I might do is start a separate post JUST FOR PS4 peeps :) I can't assume everyone will be as OCD as me...hahaha!

Olijke Poffer
30-06-2017, 15:36
Will test your settings later this evening.. will come back to report.

sroc3
30-06-2017, 16:18
Will test your settings later this evening.. will come back to report.

Please do :) I'd love to hear some feedback!

Now I just wish I had more space in my place for an Openwheeler setup.....:(

Right now I'm just using the Wheelstand Pro and my couch. Grrr.

sroc3
30-06-2017, 17:32
Btw - does anyone here have any brake modifications for the T150 pedals? My braking-feel SUCKS.

Olijke Poffer
30-06-2017, 17:35
Ok tested the settings. i must admit that these settings are great. The one thing I do not like is the heavy shaking of the wheel. The vibrating even when driving on a straight.
Just recoverd the settings from GTsimms and I do like your settings more. You do have more control of the car.
Will set it back to your settings again and see if there is no clipping going on..

Olijke Poffer
30-06-2017, 17:53
Yes as I expected a lot of clipping with your settings.

sroc3
30-06-2017, 18:47
Yes as I expected a lot of clipping with your settings.

What's "clipping"? - and what would be a good tweak to my settings to remove it?

Edit: I just read what clipping is.....Googled it :)

As for the shaking at high speeds....you'll notice that this is congruent with the dashboard of the car as it goes over high speed bumps. The dash will move up and down, in unison with the wheel vibrations. This is what I tired to achieve to give it as much realism as possible. (but of course to each his own :).

In real life - there is absolutely no way any of those tracks are smooth as silk. If anything, the driver is likely making 25% more corrections than we are - PCars Track data vs. Real Life Track conditions.

Roger Prynne
30-06-2017, 18:58
What's "clipping"? - and what would be a good tweak to my settings to remove it?

Edit: I just read what clipping is.....Googled it :)

As for the shaking at high speeds....you'll notice that this is congruent with the dashboard of the car as it goes over high speed bumps. The dash will move up and down, in unison with the wheel vibrations. This is what I tired to achieve to give it as much realism as possible. (but of course to each his own :).

In real life - there is absolutely no way any of those tracks are smooth as silk. If anything, the driver is likely making 25% more corrections than we are - PCars Track data vs. Real Life Track conditions.
I don't know what tracks you're talking about but some of them are.

GTsimms
30-06-2017, 19:06
WPS can make it easier to drive at .05. But, it can make other settings need an adjustment. It mainly depends on the vehicle. At one point, I was using .03-.05 depending on the wheel degrees of rotation 900/1080.

They should be a lot smoother than Louisiana roads. Most you think your vehicle had been knocked out of alignment.

sroc3
30-06-2017, 19:40
I don't know what tracks you're talking about but some of them are.

Agreed :)

Correction: In real life - there is absolutely no way any of those tracks are, in their entirety, smooth as silk. This pertains primarily to short undulations on the track not being completely FLAT (as in 100% level). Even the smoothest ones I've been on still tilt/bump the body of the car minutely enough (of course I haven't been on every track in the world and perhaps the newer ones are made better?). In this vid of a Formula car the wheel is steady but the car is visibly shuddering/shaking a tad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNEKuxoo8QI

And seeing as I do not have a full "rig" motion-setup that mimics these road irregularities, the feedback on the wheel is what I am using as a gauge.

On that note......does anyone have a Vesaro Simulator Rig lying around that you miiiiight wanna give me? :cool: :rolleyes:

sroc3
30-06-2017, 19:51
WPS can make it easier to drive at .05. But, it can make other settings need an adjustment. It mainly depends on the vehicle. At one point, I was using .03-.05 depending on the wheel degrees of rotation 900/1080.

They should be a lot smoother than Louisiana roads. Most you think your vehicle had been knocked out of alignment.

Hmmm....since I am set to 900, I shall try adjusting WPS to .03 (mine's set at .04 right now).

Also, perhaps move FFB setting to a lower 95.

GTsimms
30-06-2017, 20:03
I was using the lower value for ex: .03/.04 Karts/Formula and ex: .04/.05 for others.

sroc3
30-06-2017, 21:00
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far....off to more testing!!!!! :) I shall edit/update my post later as my hands get numb ;)

Happy Friday!!!!

Olijke Poffer
30-06-2017, 21:43
The wheel of my car does have some shaking of course but not the hard shaking I felt with your setting. Nevertheless your settings are nice. But way to much clipping . I always test the clipping part on Oulton park as it is a bumpy ride.. I think if you can manage the clipping you have an awesome setup.

Olijke Poffer
30-06-2017, 21:45
I thought read somewhere that a very high tire force may ruin your wheel? Is this thrue?

Roger Prynne
30-06-2017, 22:51
It wont do it much good, plus the fact it will feel horrible.

sroc3
01-07-2017, 02:20
I thought read somewhere that a very high tire force may ruin your wheel? Is this thrue?

I lowered tire force to 125

then set WPS to .03

a little better :)

EDIT: no......its perfect! :)

Hopefully no clipping!

GTsimms
01-07-2017, 03:40
Brushed motors can not handle too much torque! You shorten the life of the brushes.

Olijke Poffer
01-07-2017, 07:13
That is what I read somewhere indeed. I will keep the TF at 75 and will upper the per car settings. The master Scale and the SoP Scale.

sroc3
01-07-2017, 21:04
After more fine tuning (as well as keeping in mind the torque limitations of the T150 as you guys have stated)......

I found a good middle ground that hopefully minimizes clipping and still gives me a good amount of "road feel"

Lowered:
FFB to 95
Tire Force to 80
Steering deadzone to 0

With these settings I have a better feel for "steering engagement", especially during long straights and sweepers. The wheel rarely gets "dead" on me anymore. Just lighter when needed.

Hockenheim GP track - is smooth as silk for the most part
Circuit de 24 - is a public road in the off season so you feel the proper undulations on the track.

Please try them out and see what you think :)

Olijke Poffer
02-07-2017, 07:55
Hope to have some time layer today. But I recommend to keep the FFB at 100%

sroc3
02-07-2017, 22:15
Hope to have some time layer today. But I recommend to keep the FFB at 100%

Please disregard my previous post-changes.

I actually sent a new message to you with a detailed description of my changes - started from scratch and mixed in GTSimms settings :)

Olijke Poffer
03-07-2017, 09:06
Yes will start testing within the hour from now. ;)

VelvetTorpedo
03-07-2017, 13:50
GTSIMMs settings are pure gold!

sroc3
03-07-2017, 18:07

Yes they are - you PC guys are so lucky to have WAY more adjustability than us Console folk......

GTsimms
03-07-2017, 21:34

Thanks, I didn't realize my settings were out to make a standard!

Olijke Poffer
03-07-2017, 22:06
They do, :glee:

sroc3
04-07-2017, 03:44
Thanks, I didn't realize my settings were out to make a standard!

You kidding me???? Your settings are how the game should have come with.

GTsimms
04-07-2017, 18:48
sroc3,
I noticed, that you were upping tire force. I know, what you are trying to get out of the tire. This can be easier done with Fy Scale. I really recommend using the Kerbs Minus-Classic.

But, I cannot say adjusting it will give positive results!

Edit: PC version tweaker file BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 is set to .4 and I adjusted it .02 to .42.

Edit: GT40 MK IV did not work well. It might need a .01.

sroc3
05-07-2017, 02:32
sroc3,
I noticed, that you were upping tire force. I know, what you are trying to get out of the tire. This can be easier done with Fy Scale. I really recommend using the Kerbs Minus-Classic.

But, I cannot say adjusting it will give positive results!

Edit: PC version tweaker file BMW 320 Turbo Group 5 is set to .4 and I adjusted it .02 to .42.

Edit: GT40 MK IV did not work well. It might need a .01.

I Shall try making adjustments to the FY Scale and see.

Is 78 still too high a setting you think?

Olijke Poffer
05-07-2017, 05:41
Best is set to75

sroc3
05-07-2017, 14:53
Best is set to75

Yup :) I tried it and no matter what settings I adjusted I still felt I wasn't getting the right amount of "road-feel"+steering resistance at 75. I also tried the kerbs minus - classic and really prefer the original "classic" better.
My preference I guess :)

I have lowered T Force one notch to 77.
I increased FZ Scale to 168
I increased FZ Smoothing to 10

.......Blows my mind how fast some people are in time trials for SPA.....How do you get a 1:39??

Olijke Poffer
05-07-2017, 17:00
Practise practice practice

sroc3
05-07-2017, 19:22
Practice practice practice

I know....but.....maybe on the PC the game plays different?

Different car settings? I'm curious to know what their PS4 settings are.....

Do any of you PS4 players do 1:45 consistently on SPA-Francorchamps GP?

Olijke Poffer
06-07-2017, 07:14
You can see on the leaderboards what are good times.
I almost never race on Spa and almost never in open wheel. I want to see when the care in front of me hit the brakes :-)

And beside that I love to ride GT3..

sroc3
06-07-2017, 15:09
You can see on the leaderboards what are good times.
I almost never race on Spa and almost never in open wheel. I want to see when the care in front of me hit the brakes :-)

And beside that I love to ride GT3..

Oh i do see the leaderboards....and that's why I can't fathom how 1:39 times are possible.

Love the GT3 too....I just love LMP1 and Formula 1 better. The speed is addicting.

GTsimms
06-07-2017, 15:58
Try the Marek LMP2

sroc3
10-07-2017, 18:01
Try the Marek LMP2

On which track do you prefer this car on?

GTsimms
10-07-2017, 23:10
Le Mans

rephil
20-08-2017, 00:30
I just purchased the Thrustmaster T150 force feedback and I can't get it to work on Project cars I am running it on a pc st to PS 3 as per instructions but no luck any help

eh3an2010
04-09-2017, 05:39
My first try said "nope"

eh3an2010
04-09-2017, 05:40
tanx

Xraider
21-09-2017, 13:07
In reference to this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41376-Thrustmaster-T150-Force-Feedback-Setting-Suggestions&p=1200856&viewfull=1#post1200856

Can someone tell me why I can feel the Gear Shifts Up in the Force Feedback with this setup, but not with the one GTsimms provided?

For reference to people who understand this stuff, here are the differences (GTsimms is 1st vs. Marvsche97 2nd):
Tire Force (75 Simms vs 35 Marvsche97)
Wheel Movement (-0.01 vs 0)
Wheel Movement Squared (0.02 vs 0)
Deadzone Removal Range (0.17 vs 0)
Deadzone Removal Falloff (0.035 vs 0.01)
Relaitve Adjust Gain (1.46 vs 1.1)
Relative Adjust Clamp (0.85 vs 0.95)
Scoop Reduction (0.46 vs 0.15)
Menu Spring Strength (0.4 vs 0.1)
Low Speed Spring Coef (0.88 vs 0.7)
Low Speed Spring Saturation (0.95 vs 0.7)

Also, what is Menu Spring Strenth? I can't seem to get a simple description on that one anywhere.