PDA

View Full Version : [RSR] Revolution Sim Racing - Ranked Races Every Week - Signup Now!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Pamellaaa
27-10-2015, 17:41
220923 (https://revolutionsimracing.com/)

Hello and welcome to www.revolutionsimracing.com (https://revolutionsimracing.com/), a friendly and competitive group of PC exclusive Project Cars based racers with a focus on providing every member with regular races against large fields of drivers with similar ability levels.

To achieve this we have devised a unique and advanced ranking system that takes into account everything, from the number of drivers in a race and the race length, to a driver’s previous ranking and the level of competition they were competing against in any given race. In addition to the weekly ranked races we also offer regular special or endurance races. These can follow a set theme and (as well as counting towards your RSR Ranking) will allow you to accrue points towards short term points totals and eventual theme/championship goals too!

We are also hosting induction sessions every second Tuesday and ranked races on Thursdays and regular Sundays.

Some months or weeks will also be planned as themed months, this won't be every month but will be used to spice up our usual events, keep an eye on our Newsfeed (https://revolutionsimracing.com/) for regular announcements. This Newsfeed is also a great resource for staying up to date with new game content, RSR rules & regulations and of course the results of our previous events. We even have a comment section allowing all our members to get involved with the discussion!

Please see our About Us (https://revolutionsimracing.com/revolutionsimracing.com/about-us) page on our website for further information on what we do and how it all works, our Rules & Regulations (https://revolutionsimracing.com/revolutionsimracing.com/rules-regulation) page for details on the induction procedure (including our expectations from members) and our Join Us (https://revolutionsimracing.com/sign-up/) page if this all sounds like something you would like to be involved in.

See you on the track - The RSR Staff Team

Pamellaaa, t0daY, Photonenbert, FlyingKman and Hobbnob.

falcon2081
27-10-2015, 17:52
You guys seem quick. I'll have to join up:D

cluck
27-10-2015, 17:56
So ........ is the lobby up yet?

EDIT : In all seriousness, good luck guys :yes:.

t0daY
27-10-2015, 18:11
Finally... after weeks and weeks of hard work we are ready to go. A huge thank you to everybody who helped us with their input and opinions! I want to say a special thank you to XiondrapoS who ably assisted Pamellaaa with corrections, improvements and testing of the RSR ranking system and to Cluck who was our language and grammar guru for the content on the website. Finally also to Falcon, his input and enthusiasm throughout has been invaluable with this whole process.

Tuesday will be our first RSR Induction Night. I am looking forward to seeing many new faces!

See you all, of course, on the track!

Your angry-german t0daY

P.S.: Yes Cluck, finally the lobby is up again ;) :)

NemethR
27-10-2015, 18:20
The RSR Staff Team

Pamellaaa, t0daY, Photonenbert, FlyingKman and Hobbnob.

Ohh, I know this lot well, all I can say is:
Those names are a guarantee for super-fun atmosphere, and hard, fair and enjoyable racing.

I wish you guys the very best, and hope you don't mind if i turn up from time-to-time :)

PzR Slim
27-10-2015, 18:30
Well that didn't take long! Looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store.

And to any one who has popped in and is wondering if it's worth signing up. If you don't, you'll regret it!

VanquishedVantage
27-10-2015, 18:39
I am TOTALLY signing up for this.

VanquishedVantage
27-10-2015, 18:43
Oh god, my Steam name is so embarrassing but I put it there anyways :p

t0daY
27-10-2015, 18:45
Oh god, my Steam name is so embarrassing but I put it there anyways :p

I keep my mouth shut! ;) :D :D And its not thaaaat embarrassing :D

VanquishedVantage
27-10-2015, 18:47
I keep my mouth shut! ;) :D :D And its not thaaaat embarrassing :D
Good :D

Edit: I'm unsure if I can make it on Tuesday, it depends if MSI and EVGA hurry up with their RMA process.

VanquishedVantage
27-10-2015, 19:30
Edited my post, check it out.

Photonenbert
27-10-2015, 19:47
I'm very happy that we now got online and hopefully we are going to have a fun community to join us on the journey that lies ahead of us.

also a big thanks from me as well, first to the other guys of the team of course and also to everybody else that has helped us!
Im very much looking forward to it ;)

So fasten your seat belts. The track is waiting for you!

cluck
27-10-2015, 20:08
I'm very happy that we now got online and hopefully we are going to have a fun community to join us on the journey that lies ahead of us.

also a big thanks from me as well, first to the other guys of the team of course and also to everybody else that has helped us!
Im very much looking forward to it ;)

So fasten your seat belts and switch off your f***ing headlights. The track is waiting for you!Corrected that for you :D

(The edit is a private joke between a few of us - including Photon of course - don't worry, I'm not being nasty)

Photonenbert
27-10-2015, 20:10
Corrected that for you :D

(The edit is a private joke between a few of us - including Photon of course - don't worry, I'm not being nasty)

:D:D

VanquishedVantage
27-10-2015, 20:36
Welp, Newegg emailed me saying they contacted MSI and EVGA and they both said that they are still in the RMA process and I have to wait for around a week, and then they have to ship my parts so that could take a week too.

Guess I'm a no-show on Tuesday then.

I'm available for a one on one session with a tutor when my parts ship in, all you have to do is ask me :)

Dama The Crow
27-10-2015, 21:05
This seems very nice. Good job guys. Join application sent.

Stevie_F
27-10-2015, 21:19
Looks like you have yourself a great format guys! I might have to join in sometime if I can get a moments peace from work! Will sign up soon! Thought about prizes? Or not the way you're going? :)

Pamellaaa
27-10-2015, 21:25
Looks like you have yourself a great format guys! I might have to join in sometime if I can get a moments peace from work! Will sign up soon! Thought about prizes? Or not the way you're going? :)

Hope you can join us soon!

Prizes aren't on the immediate horizon as they can cause problems. Its not completely out of the question but not something coming up anytime soon.

alex salmon
27-10-2015, 21:45
guys this is really really cool :) ill be back racing next week when im back from my holiday i cant wait :D

falcon2081
27-10-2015, 21:47
Thought about prizes? Or not the way you're going? :)

We discussed that whoever won would have a nice dinner date with t0day. Whatever happens afterwards is none of our business......LOL! ;)

t0daY
27-10-2015, 21:49
We discussed that whoever won would have a nice dinner date with t0day. Whatever happens afterwards is none of our business......LOL! ;)

A date with happy end ;) :*

cluck
27-10-2015, 21:50
A date with happy end ;) :*Happy for who? :p

CptMadBean
28-10-2015, 06:20
Hi all I'll be up for this but may not make all races 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts at the moment :(
Pam you should goto UK-Forces.com web site, got a few taking up project cars so a post on there may bring in a few new faces.

Do you have Team speak 3? hmm is this happening tonight?

FlyingKman
28-10-2015, 07:00
I just want to give a huge thanks to the team that put this together and made it possible. A whole bunch of hours went into this project, and i hope that it will shine through with amazing drivers joining us.

See you guys on the race track.

CptMadBean
28-10-2015, 07:08
Rolling starts is going to be one thing I'm not going to like, but I'll give it ago and if not like it see you later

NemethR
28-10-2015, 07:39
I saw the first event planned for tomorrow.

I might or might not make it. Depends on how long and how well the photoshoot goes.
I might need to decide between racing with you guys, or spend another 30-40 min with a (half-)naked girl (women), and make some photos :D

Decisions-decisions...

t0daY
28-10-2015, 08:11
Hi all I'll be up for this but may not make all races 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts at the moment :(
Pam you should goto UK-Forces.com web site, got a few taking up project cars so a post on there may bring in a few new faces.

Do you have Team speak 3? hmm is this happening tonight?

We updated our teamspeak 3 server yesterday. With 128 slots we should have enough room for everybody :) :)

I saw the first event planned for tomorrow.

I might or might not make it. Depends on how long and how well the photoshoot goes.
I might need to decide between racing with you guys, or spend another 30-40 min with a (half-)naked girl (women), and make some photos :D

Decisions-decisions...

Our first event will be on 3rd November so I would go for the naked girl :D
On the website under Events -> Upcoming Events you can find more information. Or take this link (https://revolutionsimracing.com/upcoming-events/) here :)

Also we will try today to ready up the emails for everybody who signed in so far. I am very very excited for our first Induction Night! Stay tuned ;)

Cheers,
t0daY

thedarkjack
28-10-2015, 08:38
racing with people as fast (and a bit faster) as me sounds very fun.

VanquishedVantage
28-10-2015, 09:06
So I can't make it on the Induction Night.

Darn.

I'll let you guys know when my PSU and Mobo ship in, so I can arrange for a 1 on 1 with an instructor.

See y'all on the track soon.

CptMadBean
28-10-2015, 09:10
I will need TS info pls

PzR Slim
28-10-2015, 09:13
I will need TS info pls
As I understand it, if you have signed up on the website you will receive and email with all sorts of information including TS info.

NemethR
28-10-2015, 09:13
Our first event will be on 3rd November so I would go for the naked girl :D

Last time I checked there was some Nordschleife thingy for 29th, but well, at least then the decision is more easier :D

VanquishedVantage
28-10-2015, 09:15
Last time I checked there was some Nordschleife thingy for 29th, but well, at least then the decision is more easier :D
Dammit, I love the Nordschleife...

But anyways, guys, for sure I'll have all my hardware sorted out by the end of November.

Pamellaaa
28-10-2015, 10:03
I will need TS info pls

Message me on Steam when you get a chance mate, I need to talk you through a few things.

As I understand it, if you have signed up on the website you will receive and email with all sorts of information including TS info.

This is the process you are correct :)

That was just a testing thing on the website, this event won't actually be happening and has now been removed.

The first official event we will be running will be an induction session next Tuesday and this will be followed by the first of our ranked events next Thursday and Sunday :)

t0daY
28-10-2015, 12:03
Rolling starts is going to be one thing I'm not going to like, but I'll give it ago and if not like it see you later

If you never did it before it seems to be odd but believe me when I am saying you will get almost a heartattack if we do the rolling start in our first ranked race.
It's very intense and exciting when we do a proper flying start with 20 drivers :)

Neil Bateman
28-10-2015, 12:20
Would like to join but have the same old problem of shift patterns getting in the way, i just end up missing so many races.

poirqc
28-10-2015, 12:21
If you never did it before it seems to be odd but believe me when I am saying you will get almost a heartattack if we do the rolling start in our first ranked race.
It's very intense and exciting when we do a proper flying start with 20 drivers :)

Rolling start rocks! :D

I remember, in LFS, someone had setup something similar, and it worked well.

I think i'll enroll when my seat will be done and i get back to pCars.

Thanks for your effort!

Kawalsky
28-10-2015, 12:25
This looks very organized and fun. Sent my application.

t0daY
28-10-2015, 12:59
Would like to join but have the same old problem of shift patterns getting in the way, i just end up missing so many races.

Sorry to hear that :/ all in all there is no force to attend to every race. If you don't race your ranking will freeze and you won't lose any points. So it's basically no problem to join and attend just to few races :)
Other story will be of course our leagues. To win the championship you should be there for every race :p

Also I am happy to announce that already 25 people signed up for Revolution Sim Racing. That's more we have ever imagined. That was our goal after 1-2 months. This is just amazing :)
If we hit 40 people signing up I am going to tease information about our first upcoming league which will start in couple weeks.

Cheers!

Gopher04
28-10-2015, 13:38
Also I am happy to announce that already 25 people signed up for Revolution Sim Racing. That's more we have ever imagined.

Think you guys under estimated yourself's and what you showed in your organizational skills previously...;)

cluck
28-10-2015, 13:47
Think you guys under estimated yourself's and what you showed in your organizational skills previously...;)I said much the same to t0daY last night (yesterday, this morning, tomorrow :D). I like to think it's the quality of English on their web-site that has attracted so much interest :D

falcon2081
28-10-2015, 13:56
Haha yeah that English is superb.

CptMadBean
28-10-2015, 14:22
Well no mail but hacked into you TS :)
Ok spoke to pam really, so got that bit working, I'm hoping working well.
Tuesday is my last day at work so I'm going to be a little late, hope to be on about 19:30.

Only thing I'm worried about is being a little tried from work, so my driving may be not at it's best

cluck
28-10-2015, 14:24
Well no mail but hacked into you TS :)
Ok spoke to pam really, so got that bit working, I'm hoping working well.
Tuesday is my last day at work so I'm going to be a little late, hope to be on about 19:30.

Only thing I'm worried about is being a little tried from work, so my driving may be not at it's bestI doubt that will matter. There's certainly no need to be fast, you just need to be alert enough to follow instructions. It's all very straight-forward, common-sense stuff so you'll be fine :).

Battenberg
28-10-2015, 14:50
Signed up! :)

Will Fly
28-10-2015, 15:48
Hope all goes well.
And see you on track some time.

Puffpirat
28-10-2015, 16:02
Hi I'm Chris and a race addict, may I join you please :)

cluck
28-10-2015, 16:07
Hi I'm Chris and a race addict, may I join you please :)No aliens allowed, sorry :p.

Thomas Sikora
28-10-2015, 17:02
Signed up, hopefully i have the possibility.

Photonenbert
28-10-2015, 17:43
I like to think it's the quality of English on their web-site that has attracted so much interest :D

It is quite eloquent indeed! :p

AlexOki
28-10-2015, 18:37
Hmmm Cluck is it that does the English on the website? Must have had a lapse of concentration bud, you are to allow any following cars past before re-joining
past should be pass only error found so great work so far, no malice intended

VanquishedVantage
28-10-2015, 18:49
Is it bad that I can't make it to the induction session on Tuesday?

I'll have my hardware sorted out by the end of November for sure, so...

PzR Slim
28-10-2015, 18:52
Is it bad that I can't make it to the induction session on Tuesday?

I'll have my hardware sorted out by the end of November for sure, so...

I would imagine that induction sessions will be running every Tuesday. It will probably take a few induction sessions for people to prove their capabilities to the organisers. Also new people will be joining all the time so the Tuesdays sessions will probably be an on going event. I wouldn't worry if you miss the first few, there will plenty others for you to take part in.

VanquishedVantage
28-10-2015, 18:54
I would imagine that induction sessions will be running every Tuesday. It will probably take a few induction sessions for people to prove their capabilities to the organisers. Also new people will be joining all the time so the Tuesdays sessions will probably be an on going event.
Yeah, it's like TGC.

Photonenbert
28-10-2015, 18:58
Yeah, it's like TGC.

as Slim said, dont worry about it if you miss the first one, there will be plenty to follow :)

t0daY
28-10-2015, 19:06
The first pack of emails are out :)

3 more people and I have to tease, 2 weeks earlier than expected, at least which car we are going to drive in our first league. Guys you are amazing! Thank you very much for your support :)

NemethR
28-10-2015, 19:08
The first pack of emails are out :)

3 more people and I have to tease, 2 weeks earlier than expected, at least which car we are going to drive in our first league. Guys you are amazing! Thank you very much for your support :)

I just read, how many already joined. WoW!
I might need to reconsider my guess that I did ;) - But this is one of those moments where I am glad, I guessed wrong.

cluck
28-10-2015, 22:30
Hmmm Cluck is it that does the English on the website? Must have had a lapse of concentration bud, you are to allow any following cars past before re-joining
past should be pass only error found so great work so far, no malice intendedNone taken and I always welcome being corrected where I am wrong :). That said, in this instance it would be incorrect to simply substitute "past" with "pass". "You are to allow any following cars pass before re-joining" should be "you are to allow any following cars to pass before re-joining". 'Past' or 'to pass', 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Personally, I prefer "to pass" so maybe one of the guys can change it in due course :).

Pamellaaa
28-10-2015, 23:56
None taken and I always welcome being corrected where I am wrong :). That said, in this instance it would be incorrect to simply substitute "past" with "pass". "You are to allow any following cars pass before re-joining" should be "you are to allow any following cars to pass before re-joining". 'Past' or 'to pass', 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Personally, I prefer "to pass" so maybe one of the guys can change it in due course :).

Done :D

Kunal_Racedriver
29-10-2015, 03:30
Would love to participate but I find it is nearly impossible for my GMT +5:30 timezone:concern:

Dama The Crow
29-10-2015, 06:15
Would love to participate but I find it is nearly impossible for my GMT +5:30 timezone:concern:
Why not? Quiet peacefull time with no one to bother you :D

Gopher04
29-10-2015, 07:51
Pam was wondering if your sessions are going to go to 19.30GMt/20.30CET now that summer has ended, it's something we have always done.

Kunal_Racedriver
29-10-2015, 08:35
Why not? Quiet peacefull time with no one to bother you :D

Might be too quiet and drowsy:sleeping: for myself as well :p. If not much, I hope getting to know clean drivers and their ways will be a benefit. I'll check my routine again:confused:

Chip
29-10-2015, 11:17
Pam was wondering if your sessions are going to go to 19.30GMt/20.30CET now that summer has ended, it's something we have always done.

Wondering the same - have signed up :D and fortunately off next Tuesday, but future weeks may struggle to make it much before 19:30?

Pamellaaa
29-10-2015, 11:38

Wondering the same - have signed up :D and fortunately off next Tuesday, but future weeks may struggle to make it much before 19:30?

We will be, in fact I have adjusted the induction night to match this. There may be certain exceptions for really long races but for the most part our events will start at 19:30 during wintertime :)

Chip
29-10-2015, 11:56
Yay :D

Thanks for the heads up Pamellaaa!

Thomas Sikora
29-10-2015, 13:36
did we maybe start today with an "open" fun short races? :)

Kawalsky
29-10-2015, 13:56
Sadly I won't be able to attend the first meet and greet on Tuesday since I'll be at work. Not sure about the second one yet :(

AndrexUK
29-10-2015, 14:20
Signed up, and looking forward to some good clean fair racing!
Noticed some quick names in the rosta!

Hope to catch Tuesday's 'Induction night' :)

t0daY
29-10-2015, 16:16
did we maybe start today with an "open" fun short races? :)

Nothing planned for today I am afraid :( But everyone who signed up and received already an email with the TeamSpeak 3 adress is anytime welcome to join us and hang around, driving some spontaneous fun races or playing other games. I think our favourite non-pcars game so far is rocket leeaaague :)

t0daY
29-10-2015, 17:59
Well it took only 1 and a half day to reach the 40 people mark. We are just speechless ... But as I promised a little preview what will happen in the near future :)

More information will follow the next 2 weeks! Stay tuned and do not forget our first Induction Night on tuesday, 3rd November ;)

cluck
29-10-2015, 18:20
^^^ Massive congratulations guys, proof-positive that you made the right decision :).

SillySausage
30-10-2015, 04:18

I race at 5am!

NemethR
30-10-2015, 14:08
I race at 5am!

You are a Hero! :D

I usually sleep till 9am, I don't even know how to get up that early...

NemethR
30-10-2015, 14:09
Well it took only 1 and a half day to reach the 40 people mark. We are just speechless ... But as I promised a little preview what will happen in the near future :)

More information will follow the next 2 weeks! Stay tuned and do not forget our first Induction Night on tuesday, 3rd November ;)

Wow, I lost that guess of 15 badly :D
That GT3 World Championship sounds superb.

t0daY
30-10-2015, 16:23
Second pack of mails are out. Everybody who signed up the last 2 days should have now 1 email with our teamspeak adress and some additional information.
Also I was notified by a member that our sent email went in his case straight to his spam folder. If someone is missing his email so far have a look in your spam folder

You can believe us we do not wanna sell anything! :D We just wanna raaace ;)

Cheers!

SillySausage
30-10-2015, 22:59
You are a Hero! :D

I usually sleep till 9am, I don't even know how to get up that early...

The trick is don't go to bed so then you don't need to get up. :p

falcon2081
31-10-2015, 15:35
Hey guys we are going to be running some fun races today using default setups only. I did it with my F1 league last night and we had a blast. Varied Cars and tracks. So come join us today! 19:00-19:30 UTC.

thedarkjack
31-10-2015, 17:36
sounds fun. got no plans anyway.

cluck
31-10-2015, 19:04
Lost track of time again today, so going to have to miss this one sadly - dinner is just about to come out of the oven :(. Shame really as it looked like it was going to be a lot of fun :).

Kawalsky
31-10-2015, 20:22
Thx guys and Donne for an enjoyable and very fun night :)

Makes me even more sad not being there on Tuesday, but such is life.

falcon2081
31-10-2015, 21:49
Thanks to those that showed up tonight. We had a lot of fun! Great racing by all. Mrs.Kman beat me a couple of times too!:sorrow:

cluck
31-10-2015, 22:23
Thanks to those that showed up tonight. We had a lot of fun! Great racing by all. Mrs.Kman beat me a couple of times too!:sorrow:Mrs KMan did WHAT? :eek:

VanquishedVantage
31-10-2015, 23:48
t0day, just letting you know I'm going to change my Steam username when Halloween ends.

Giovtec
01-11-2015, 01:10
It was all fun and joy until Falcon scared the hell out of everyone when he said he will team up with " my puffy" (Puffpirat) :playful:

Anyways, it was a fun session, thanks to all who showed up and see you on the track!

BTW did you eat well Photo?? :p

Puffpirat
01-11-2015, 09:09
Awh did he <3

Thomas Sikora
01-11-2015, 09:19
Thanks to those that showed up tonight. We had a lot of fun! Great racing by all. Mrs.Kman beat me a couple of times too!:sorrow:

Yes, thanks you. Was nice idea for such "mode". Hopefully we can repeat this from time to time. No setups, same cars, 5 min to learn the car and then quick races on different tracks.

falcon2081
01-11-2015, 16:20
Awh did he <3

Haha you should have heard them. I have never seen a bunch so opposed to the idea. They were like a lynch mob lol. Great fun though.:cool:

falcon2081
01-11-2015, 16:26
Yes, thanks you. Was nice idea for such "mode". Hopefully we can repeat this from time to time. No setups, same cars, 5 min to learn the car and then quick races on different tracks.

Yup, no problem. It's always great to just relax, have a good time, and mess around with different cars. It also gives me the opportunity to evaluate most of you as well in case you guys have questions later on about improving your times that you may ask of me. :)

t0daY
01-11-2015, 16:30
Yup, no problem. It's always great to just relax, have a good time, and mess around with different cars. It also gives me the opportunity to evaluate most of you as well in case you guys have questions later on about improving your times that you may ask of me. :)

... that you may ask me... falcon... :D :D no comment hahahahaha

falcon2081
01-11-2015, 16:37
^LOL t0day you're very much welcomed in asking too ;)

Will Fly
01-11-2015, 17:02
fast driver with new un-experienced
maybe to help get them up to speed.

Pamellaaa
01-11-2015, 17:05
Evening Guys, we have been working hard today and over the past few days getting the finishing touches added to our first few events for you all, we have just put them live on our website! Go and check it out! (https://revolutionsimracing.com/upcomingevents/)

Let us know what you think in the website comments section.

NemethR
01-11-2015, 18:17
Evening Guys, we have been working hard today and over the past few days getting the finishing touches added to our first few events for you all, we have just put them live on our website! Go and check it out! (https://revolutionsimracing.com/upcomingevents/)

Let us know what you think in the website comments section.

Love them, love them, love them.

Sadly I won't be able to join next week, as I am in another city for work. :(

Pamellaaa
01-11-2015, 18:18
Love, them, love them, love them.

Sadly I won't be able to join next week, as I am in another city for work. :(

Only the one race next week, will we see you at the other two? ;)

NemethR
01-11-2015, 18:26
Only the one race next week, will we see you at the other two? ;)

Sure! - If you guys don't mind :)

CptMadBean
01-11-2015, 20:34
Any setup help welcome on the BAC thing, 1:34 my best lap at brands with it. But it's a right handful, no Idea what to look at on setup :(
Car crusher maybe the best setup for me, pls help pm me a setup ;)

falcon2081
01-11-2015, 22:58
Any setup help welcome on the BAC thing, 1:34 my best lap at brands with it. But it's a right handful, no Idea what to look at on setup :(
Car crusher maybe the best setup for me, pls help pm me a setup ;)

Time Zone? I'm usually on most days. So just shoot me a pm on Steam (same name as here) and we can discuss things to help you make a setup.

CptMadBean
02-11-2015, 04:02
Time Zone? I'm usually on most days. So just shoot me a pm on Steam (same name as here) and we can discuss things to help you make a setup.

Cool more than likely be Wednesday as on 12 hour shifts.
Last one on Tuesday so should be a little late on Tuesday, well 19:30 at best

falcon2081
02-11-2015, 05:33
Times so far with the Bac Mono.

Ian_83
02-11-2015, 08:58

Which track?

Would you mind pm'ing me your tune? I can't tune in Project Cars, it's all alien to me.

cluck
02-11-2015, 09:05
^^^ That's at Brands Hatch GP :)

EDIT : I believe that's where they are. I'm way off those times myself but then I only did 2 or 3 laps last night (managed a 1m33 time, with much sideways action and a huge smile on my face :D)

CptMadBean
02-11-2015, 09:14
Ian get testing with falcon, we only need to find 10 seconds lol

cluck
02-11-2015, 09:35
Although I was 'a little' sideways during my 1m33 lap - and certainly didn't take the ideal line into Paddock Hill - I can't see me finding 6 or 7 seconds to get anywhere close to falcon's time.

I'll try again this evening with the 'Prime' tyre to see how that compares to the default one.

Laurens Van Rossem
02-11-2015, 09:38
I signed up too. It's been months since I've played this game, but I'm ready again :)

t0daY
02-11-2015, 11:03
I signed up too. It's been months since I've played this game, but I'm ready again :)

Did not receive your sign up yet but you are definitely welcome :) Pcars has changed a lot, maybe you got this time more faith into the game :p :)

Tomorrow will be our first Induction Night. Everybody who signed up already and received an email can join this event to get to know each other better :)

See ya all t0morr0w ;)

VanquishedVantage
02-11-2015, 11:57
Did not receive your sign up yet but you are definitely welcome :) Pcars has changed a lot, maybe you got this time more faith into the game :p :)

Tomorrow will be our first Induction Night. Everybody who signed up already and received an email can join this event to get to know each other better :)

See ya all t0morr0w ;)
Are you going to add newcomers on Steam?
Because I changed my Steam screen name, so...

t0daY
02-11-2015, 12:41
Are you going to add newcomers on Steam?
Because I changed my Steam screen name, so...

We need only your steam name for our ranking system. If you change your steam name let us now via mail, pm or in ts3 and we are going to change the name in our ranking system (:

Giovtec
02-11-2015, 13:08

Alien Best Lap (Falcon)
Human Worst Lap (Me)

Don't worry Humans, it's not that bad :p

thedarkjack
02-11-2015, 13:18
Although I was 'a little' sideways during my 1m33 lap - and certainly didn't take the ideal line into Paddock Hill - I can't see me finding 6 or 7 seconds to get anywhere close to falcon's time.

I'll try again this evening with the 'Prime' tyre to see how that compares to the default one.

I could probably get 1:31:xx or a low 1:32 if I don't go of course in that one corner.

now I only have to find 5 more seconds ._. just how...

edit: yeah not going to find another 3 seconds now.

Giovtec
02-11-2015, 13:31
Hmmm, i didn't try prime, my time 1:28xx was on supersoft with 25lts fuel and default set up, wondering if you guys are drifting in unnecessary places ;).(can't blame you, this is a drift machine :cool:)

thedarkjack
02-11-2015, 13:39
can't get any faster than supersoft and 5l fuel @1:30 :( I'm giving up for today. it's a fun car though.

Ian_83
02-11-2015, 13:52
So which tyre are we actually using and which is faster? I used whatever the 'automatic by weather' option gave me and I failed to check what it fitted. :(

CptMadBean
02-11-2015, 13:58
So which tyre are we actually using and which is faster? I used whatever the 'automatic by weather' option gave me and I failed to check what it fitted. :(

Smoking ones from what I saw last night lol

Giovtec
02-11-2015, 14:00

I believe Primes are the "Automatic by weather" give it a try to the Supersoft

Pamellaaa
02-11-2015, 14:05

We have no restrictions on setup so whatever is fastest!

I will likely be testing a bit tonight if anyone is around and fancies a few laps.

CptMadBean
02-11-2015, 14:06
I'll be on around 19:30

Thomas Sikora
02-11-2015, 14:50

Hardcore times!
i get a 1:29. @ clean lap maybe 1:28

falcon, did you maybe have the sectortimes? to see were i loose most?
my are
S1_34,5
S2_27,2
S3_27,4
think my nemesis is the last corner and sector 3 :(
thanks!

Laurens Van Rossem
02-11-2015, 14:52
I re-did the registration, I hope you have it now :)
I've some faith in the game now btw :p

cluck
02-11-2015, 15:29
I'll be on around 19:30I think you might struggle with that sort of laptime. What are you doing, walking the track?

:p

falcon2081
02-11-2015, 15:36
Just woke up! So many questions lol. I don't have the sector times sorry. I am using the super softs. No reason to use the primes anyways. As far as setup goes I'll be on later today as usual if you guys want to practice a few laps together and ask questions.

I think I got Gio down to a high 1:27. I gave him some homework to try and improve himself. Big key here for this car is throttle management ;) Have that mastered this car will be a breeze.

NemethR
02-11-2015, 15:52

Nice to see you back Laurens!

Photonenbert
02-11-2015, 16:00
. Big key here for this car is throttle management ;) Have that mastered this car will be a breeze.
Thanks for the shitty advice falcon, that goes for every car :p

t0daY
02-11-2015, 16:42

Got ya :)

falcon2081
02-11-2015, 17:27
Thanks for the shitty advice falcon, that goes for every car :p

Not every car, common now lol. More so for this car than any other.

Pamellaaa
02-11-2015, 18:13
Hi guys, just a quick note to say that as we have more Red applicants than we were expecting and we are aware that not all of you will be able to attend our first induction event on Tuesday we are going to run an additional session on Wednesday this week. This should allow more people to get involved with the induction process and hopefully will mean that some extra drivers get a chance to get their Orange probationary member status in time for our first ranked race on Thursday. Remember the ranked races are only open to those with Orange or Green membership, Red members are not eligible to enter these events.

Please note that simply attending one (or both) of these events does not guarantee you promotion to Orange probationary status, we will still be looking at driving standards and teamspeak conduct from all who do attend but obviously the more often you attend the better a chance you have of getting promoted.

We hope to see as many of you as possible on Tuesday and Wednesday :)

Just to be clear, the currently signed up drivers who are in Red status are (Steam Names):

Meitz

FlyingKlady

millview53

Jiflemon

Oilseal

jago25

SVK_Duchi

Jason Campbell

marcobruus

paN

AndrexUK

mr_chip

Thomas Sikora

Chillisteak

CptMadBean

darkjack

VanquishedVantage

Xtreme_Dama

SlowBloke

Blue Monkey

pleased1e

falcon2081
02-11-2015, 18:23
Quick mention as well. Guys, if you can please go download the CrewChief spotter. Situational awareness is one of the biggest factor that we look into when evaluating drivers. We have some very very close racing and this spotter program has helped a lot of drivers when going door to door with other drivers. It helps us give the necessary room.

You can find the program Here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users). If you need help setting it up do let me know and we can configure it together. It's very simple. :)

Thomas Sikora
02-11-2015, 18:27
unfortenly i can't join on wednesday :(
wednesday i have sport

PzR Slim
02-11-2015, 18:40
Quick mention as well. Guys, if you can please go download the CrewChief spotter. Situational awareness is one of the biggest factor that we look into when evaluating drivers. We have some very very close racing and this spotter program has helped a lot of drivers when going door to door with other drivers. It helps us give the necessary room.

You can find the program Here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users). If you need help setting it up do let me know and we can configure it together. It's very simple. :)

Totally agree with falcon. Haven't made contact with anyone since using Crew Chief and had some really close side by side racing in the Ginettas in particular. You owe it to the people you are racing against to use this fantastic piece of software.

cluck
02-11-2015, 19:06
Have just changed to supersoft tyres on the BAC Mono and knocked 6s off my laptime. Yeah, quite a difference :D.

CptMadBean
02-11-2015, 20:30
Good little test in that BAC tonight, yeah them tyres seems to help, but I'm still at best 1:28:low that can go into the high 28's. And then there moment when you spin and add 8s to that time lol.
Well see you all tomorrow for my Induction Night, hope I pass it ;)

falcon2081
02-11-2015, 20:44
Practice times from today. Looks like we will have close racing as always! I did a full stint and stayed in the 27's pretty much. The 26.3 was done with qual fuel.

Kawalsky
02-11-2015, 20:49
Hi guys, just a quick note to say that as we have more Red applicants than we were expecting and we are aware that not all of you will be able to attend our first induction event on Tuesday we are going to run an additional session on Wednesday this week. This should allow more people to get involved with the induction process and hopefully will mean that some extra drivers get a chance to get their Orange probationary member status in time for our first ranked race on Thursday. Remember the ranked races are only open to those with Orange or Green membership, Red members are not eligible to enter these events.

Please note that simply attending one (or both) of these events does not guarantee you promotion to Orange probationary status, we will still be looking at driving standards and teamspeak conduct from all who do attend but obviously the more often you attend the better a chance you have of getting promoted.

Not going to be able to attend on Wednesday either :(

Is it possible to postpone it for Thursday. I know its illogical to postpone something for just one guy but considering the second meet & greet is "improvised", can you?

EDIT: Nvm just received my PM :)

Ian_83
02-11-2015, 20:55
Good practice tonight. :)

I'm a bit slow, but my settings are probably really poor which would explain a lot. If anyone has the time to type their settings onto the forum I think that a few guys would appreciate it, I certainly would.

Apologies for my lag in practice, I'm not sure what caused it, my mobile (android) was connected to the WiFi, so perhaps it started to do some updates. The main thing is that it settled down and behaved itself again. I'll keep the phones wifi turned off in the future. :yes:

Pamellaaa
02-11-2015, 21:09
Good practice tonight. :)

I'm a bit slow, but my settings are probably really poor which would explain a lot. If anyone has the time to type their settings onto the forum I think that a few guys would appreciate it, I certainly would.

COUGH*FALCON*COUGH

Kawalsky
02-11-2015, 21:41
I just want to thank Pam and Hobb for a recommendation for promotion to orange status. Can't wait for the Thursday race :)

falcon2081
02-11-2015, 22:21
Here's the setup for the Mono. While my setup is generally balanced just keep in mind that its up to you to get the time. Good luck to all. :D

wodm
03-11-2015, 00:00
Hi guys, just a quick note to say that as we have more Red applicants than we were expecting and we are aware that not all of you will be able to attend our first induction event on Tuesday we are going to run an additional session on Wednesday this week.
I might well join you on wednesday as i am off work that night, i never work on my birthday :)

Giovtec
03-11-2015, 05:39
Another midnight practice session with falcon, but, i am useless :sorrow:

falcon2081
03-11-2015, 05:41
Myself and Gio did some night time practice. Best times we could do. :cool:

Edit: LOL we both posted at the same time. Gio you aren't useless lol. Pretty good time there anyways.

Dama The Crow
03-11-2015, 07:59
Some interesting stuff is going on here :D
I was ill for a few days and didn't touch my wheel, but tonight I will try to do some Bac Mono @ Brands Hatch GP laps. I hope I can get below 1:30. :(
Thanx falcon for sharing car setup.

cluck
03-11-2015, 08:40
^^^ just change the tyres to the supersoft and you'll gain some precious seconds instantly.

To give you an idea of how much, I was half-a-second faster at the S/F point on my opening time trial lap, compared to my previous best - bear in mind, you don't start with the optimum speed coming out of the final corner for that first straight. By the time I was half-way down from Druids to Graham Hill, I was nearly 2s up on my previous best time. That was on my first attempt with the new tyres, whilst I was getting to grips (oh I'm so funny :D) with them.

A 1m26 lap is certainly within reach with a few more laps practice. I keep messing up one corner or another - for example, on the first time trial lap, which is compromised by a slow entry into the s/f straight and even more compromised by cold brakes, I always manage to take Hawthorn faster than I do on my proper flying lap. I lose anywhere from 2-5 tenths of a second just on that one corner, every single time I try the flying lap proper. It's doing my head in :D.

t0daY
03-11-2015, 09:06

Just to be clear, the currently signed up drivers who are in Red status are (Steam Names):

Meitz

FlyingKlady

millview53

Jiflemon

Oilseal

jago25

SVK_Duchi

Jason Campbell

marcobruus

paN

AndrexUK

mr_chip

Thomas Sikora

Chillisteak

CptMadBean

darkjack

VanquishedVantage

Xtreme_Dama

SlowBloke

Blue Monkey

pleased1e

Puuuush :)

Dama The Crow
03-11-2015, 09:19
^^^ just change the tyres to the supersoft and you'll gain some precious seconds instantly.

To give you an idea of how much, I was half-a-second faster at the S/F point on my opening time trial lap, compared to my previous best - bear in mind, you don't start with the optimum speed coming out of the final corner for that first straight. By the time I was half-way down from Druids to Graham Hill, I was nearly 2s up on my previous best time. That was on my first attempt with the new tyres, whilst I was getting to grips (oh I'm so funny :D) with them.

A 1m26 lap is certainly within reach with a few more laps practice. I keep messing up one corner or another - for example, on the first time trial lap, which is compromised by a slow entry into the s/f straight and even more compromised by cold brakes, I always manage to take Hawthorn faster than I do on my proper flying lap. I lose anywhere from 2-5 tenths of a second just on that one corner, every single time I try the flying lap proper. It's doing my head in :D.

I cant wait to try. First default setup, than Falcon's, then my own ;)

Ian_83
03-11-2015, 10:15
I'm trying to get home early today, I'm hoping that I can get some track time before tonight. I felt rusty last night, it has been a while since I last raced competitively.

Thank you for the tune Falcon. I'll try it later and let you know how it feels. :)

Puffpirat
03-11-2015, 15:44
Quick question on when the session starts. In the header of the event it says 19:30 UTC, in the text 19:00 and in the details 19:30 again. It's 19:30 UTC so 20:30 CET right?

CptMadBean
03-11-2015, 15:50
I'm trying to get home early today, I'm hoping that I can get some track time before tonight. I felt rusty last night, it has been a while since I last raced competitively.

Thank you for the tune Falcon. I'll try it later and let you know how it feels. :)

You saying I'm slow? Lol

Giovtec
03-11-2015, 16:04
Quick question on when the session starts. In the header of the event it says 19:30 UTC, in the text 19:00 and in the details 19:30 again. It's 19:30 UTC so 20:30 CET right?

i guess they mean 19 free practice lobby (maybe Falcon's public lobby) 19:30 DS event and correct 20:30 CET

Although i am not and Staff member i can imagine that's what they meant....... we will see :D

Dama The Crow
03-11-2015, 16:16
20:30 cet I think.

t0daY
03-11-2015, 16:39

i guess they mean 19 free practice lobby (maybe Falcon's public lobby) 19:30 DS event and correct 20:30 CET

Although i am not and Staff member i can imagine that's what they meant....... we will see :D

20:30 cet I think.

You all 3 passed our test and will start with 10 extra points on the ranking... :D :D :D

Nobodys perfect :P Totally our mistake. Our events will start, in wintertime, generally 19:30 UTC (for Mr. Puffy the Pirat, 20:30 german time :D). We might gonna change the starting times once we are in summertime again. We are looking forward to see everybody this evening. Stay tuned and see ya on track in T-2hours :)

*edit: also corrected it on the website! ;)

falcon2081
03-11-2015, 17:01
CrewChief has been updated to version 3.8. Do grab it before we start today. :)

Laurens Van Rossem
03-11-2015, 20:54
Well that was a very fun evening. Glad to be racing again :)

Thomas Sikora
03-11-2015, 21:16
was again really fun!
The last race formula C with jago was excellent! 2-3 position changes per laps. unfortunately he spins in the chicane in lap 5. Without slipstream you are one second slower :D

DrKabel
03-11-2015, 21:19
Except for the game crashing on me twice that was lots of fun! Also good to see so many familiar (and even more new) faces here :)

See you all on thursday!

Ian_83
03-11-2015, 21:49
An interesting night. I learnt a bit, I laughed a bit and I had some good racing. Good job all.

falcon2081
03-11-2015, 21:56
Here's a quick rundown of the best laps from the last race @ MonzaGP. Thanks to all for showing up.

AndrexUK
03-11-2015, 22:11
Falcon sniped my fastest lap on last lap! :p

That was very good fun guys! Really enjoyed it!
Looking forward to future events!

t0daY
03-11-2015, 22:47
Hello Guys,

The first Induction Night is over! It was really amazing, over 30 people showed up. Amazing!! A big big big thank you to all of you guys, we had some amazing races!! :)
I am also proud to announce some promotions after our first Induction Night:

Thomas Sikora
AndrexUK
MadMuffin1234
Xtreme_Dama
jago25
Ashnoom
Ian

Congratulation on your promotion :) You achieved the orange badge which means you are able to attend to our ranked races on thursday & sunday.
You can find more information about the Induction & Promotion Stuff here. (https://revolutionsimracing.com/induction-promotion-procedure/)

Also we will do another additional Induction Night tomorrow, the 4th November. Same time, same place ;)

Cheers!

Dama The Crow
03-11-2015, 23:08
Thank you for a promotion :D
If I didn't received it now, who knows would my wife give me tomorrow night off to race again for the orange badge :p

t0daY
03-11-2015, 23:12
Thank you for a promotion :D
If I didn't received it now, who knows would my wife give me tomorrow night off to race again for the orange badge :p

Shall I reverse it and promote you tomorrow night then? :D :D

Ian_83
03-11-2015, 23:29
Thank you. :cool:

falcon2081
03-11-2015, 23:46
To those that don't see their names don't worry about it. We could not follow all of you through out the races. So make sure to show up at the next induction race and we will take care of you! See you all tomorrow. :D

falcon2081
04-11-2015, 01:51
Just saw Tony's live stream of the races. Poor guy had no luck lol. Good job to everyone though and the racing was fantastic.

Puff, we must defeat JetPistol at once! ;)

Giovtec
04-11-2015, 01:56

Hey! Hey! nobody touch my Puffy ;)

But yes, they were great race combos. hope to see those combos in future leagues :)

AlexOki
04-11-2015, 04:46
Sorry I missed this on the start of the first race my computer crashed (BSOD) and then took me ages to get it up and running again finally when it was back up had to recalibrate wheel in PCars and set up all the buttons again

falcon2081
04-11-2015, 06:14
So, after being abandoned by Gio tonight. ;) I decided to practice all by my lonesome. Seeing that Puff and Jetpistol set a 26.2 I could not let them have all the fun lol. I ventured out in my little Bac Mono and decided to set a fast lap!.

After a couple of minor setup tweaks we came to this:

I thought about calling it quits but what's a mere 200 tenths? It's certainly nothing for the alien group. So I decided on pushing myself and the car/tires to the limits and got this nice lap.:cool::

Dama The Crow
04-11-2015, 06:31
Shall I reverse it and promote you tomorrow night then? :D :D

NOooooo!

Puffpirat
04-11-2015, 07:39
It's not impossible, it's just difficult ;)

Hey! Hey! nobody touch my Puffy ;)

But yes, they were great race combos. hope to see those combos in future leagues :)
The combos where great, especially the Rocket Bunny on Zolder, just wow :cool:

So, after being abandoned by Gio tonight. ;) I decided to practice all by my lonesome. Seeing that Puff and Jetpistol set a 26.2 I could not let them have all the fun lol. I ventured out in my little Bac Mono and decided to set a fast lap!.
Time Trial or it didn't happen :p Awesome time

Looking forward to tomorrows race but after the G40 and Mono I can't wait to race something with a bit more grip :p It's good for the basics tough.

And of course thanks to the RSR team for putting this together!

VanquishedVantage
04-11-2015, 09:29
I'm thinking about starting a Project CARS Twitch stream once I build my PC, anyone want to watch me in various cars trying to get a sub-7 minute lap time around the Nordschleife?

cluck
04-11-2015, 10:08
I'm thinking about starting a Project CARS Twitch stream once I build my PC, anyone want to watch me in various cars trying to get a sub-7 minute lap time around the Nordschleife?I'll definitely tune in for the Caterham 7 Classic stream :yes:.

VanquishedVantage
04-11-2015, 10:10
I'll definitely tune in for the Caterham 7 Classic stream :yes:.
Ooh, a real challenge :cool:

Thomas Sikora
04-11-2015, 14:01
I am also proud to announce some promotions after our first Induction Night:

Thomas Schikora
AndrexUK
MadMuffin1234
Xtreme_Dama
jago25
Ashnoom
Ian

Cheers!

Thank you very much for the promotion.
Im pleased to participate the RSR and will work hard on my green badge to race the League events.

don't hesitate to give me feedback, also negative if necessary to improve my driving style or "infight" behavior!

t0daY
04-11-2015, 15:15
Thank you very much for the promotion.
Im pleased to participate the RSR and will work hard on my green badge to race the League events.

don't hesitate to give me feedback, also negative if necessary to improve my driving style or "infight" behavior!

Your name in TeamSpeak3 is "Thomas Schikora" :D But I am gonna edit it shortly, soorrry :)

Thomas Sikora
04-11-2015, 15:20
Your name in TeamSpeak3 is "Thomas Schikora" :D But I am gonna edit it shortly, soorrry :)
LOL, my fault :o

Giovtec
04-11-2015, 16:43

After a couple of minor setup tweaks we came to this:

I thought about calling it quits but what's a mere 200 tenths? It's certainly nothing for the alien group. So I decided on pushing myself and the car/tires to the limits and got this nice lap.:cool::

wowiiiiii :excitement:!!!! superb time there falcon and sorry but i got an unexpected visit in my place last night and they decided to stay overnight :nightmare:, but congrats on that fast lap! :eagerness:

alex salmon
04-11-2015, 20:58
Falcon showing us all where he got his name from:D

falcon2081
04-11-2015, 21:33
ROFL! It's so weird that CrewChief did not mention he was there. Awesome way to go though! :victorious:

Pamellaaa
04-11-2015, 21:43
Thanks everyone for attending tonight, we once again have a good crop of drivers moving from Red to Orange member status and therefore gaining eligibility to our ranked races which start tomorrow! (https://revolutionsimracing.com/2015/11/04/more-promotions-after-our-second-induction-evening/)

The promoted drivers are:

CptMadBean
SlowBloke
DarkJack
Blue Monkey
ImTheCrabby
FlyingKLady.

Congrats to you all, its well earned and we hope to see you all in our ranked races soon.

Tomorrow its the BAC at Brands Hatch, good luck to everyone attending!

SlowBloke
04-11-2015, 21:53
Wooh thanks a lot :):) !!

Sorry I had to leave early - cracking good fun both races.

Ian_83
04-11-2015, 22:11
I enjoyed the Toyota tonight, it gave some close action throughout the field and it felt fun to drive.

Congratulationst to those that got promoted.

Ian_83
04-11-2015, 22:11
I enjoyed the Toyota tonight, it gave some close action throughout the field and it felt fun to drive.

Congratulationst to those that got promoted.

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 04:18
Well myself and Gio did some more practice tonight. My main focus was to be consistent while the tires degraded over the course of the 20 laps. I wanted to try and stay in the 26's as much as I could for race pace. I also focused on making sure that I could do a fast lap for qualifying consistently. The tires will only provide you with 4 solid laps to get a qualifying time in before the tires go off. I ended up going back to the original setup I posted as honestly its the best I've found for full race pace and qualifying. The tweaks I made to the car were pretty insignificant that there was no point in using them for the setup. Seems the limit for this car/tires is high 25's.

NemethR
05-11-2015, 07:24
Nice to see so many of you guys have fun!
And I am sitting in my hotel room.. :(

Anyway, I hope to join in for the weekend, after all someone needs to be last :)

Dama The Crow
05-11-2015, 07:42
Well myself and Gio did some more practice tonight. My main focus was to be consistent while the tires degraded over the course of the 20 laps. I wanted to try and stay in the 26's as much as I could for race pace. I also focused on making sure that I could do a fast lap for qualifying consistently. The tires will only provide you with 4 solid laps to get a qualifying time in before the tires go off. I ended up going back to the original setup I posted as honestly its the best I've found for full race pace and qualifying. The tweaks I made to the car were pretty insignificant that there was no point in using them for the setup. Seems the limit for this car/tires is high 25's.

Thank you for sharing info. Got my flu back againg in 5 days :( and I don't know if I can make it to tonights race, and certenly can not practice today, so this kind of information is very appreciated.

Dama The Crow
05-11-2015, 07:43
Nice to see so many of you guys have fun!
And I am sitting in my hotel room.. :(

Anyway, I hope to join in for the weekend, after all someone needs to be last :)

My thoughts exactly :p

NemethR
05-11-2015, 07:45
My thoughts exactly :p

Well Mr. Crow, I think we will have a glorious fight for the last place them ;)

CptMadBean
05-11-2015, 08:03
Yeah I'm in now how do I beat Falcon when he can do 20 lap of 1:27 or under, When I can maybe do one lap in the 27s?
Think I'll aim mid pack tonight or may somewhere at the back :/

t0daY
05-11-2015, 08:08
Yeah I'm in now how do I beat Falcon when he can do 20 lap of 1:27 or under, When I can maybe do one lap in the 27s?
Think I'll aim mid pack tonight or may somewhere at the back :/

You can still have good fights at the mid or back of the field :p :) But I think I will join you in the midpack aswell^^

Dama The Crow
05-11-2015, 08:44
Well, it's like Olympics: It is only important to participate. :D

AndrexUK
05-11-2015, 09:50
I haven't done any practice at all yet (will try to before the event) so I may have to steel Falcons setup and maybe tweek it for myself (probably tame it down a little?).
But I'm aiming for consistency (at a probably slower pace) and hope I can keep in the mid pack. So if the fast guys at the front can all just wreck and take each other out..... that would be appreciated, thanks! :p

CptMadBean
05-11-2015, 11:00
I haven't done any practice at all yet (will try to before the event) so I may have to steel Falcons setup and maybe tweek it for myself (probably tame it down a little?).
But I'm aiming for consistency (at a probably slower pace) and hope I can keep in the mid pack. So if the fast guys at the front can all just wreck and take each other out..... that would be appreciated, thanks! :p

Take the engine out?
It's light so maybe make a hole in the floor pan and use leg power

cluck
05-11-2015, 11:58
Take the engine out?
It's light so maybe make a hole in the floor pan and use leg powerYabba Dabba doooooooooooooooooooooo :D

AlexOki
05-11-2015, 12:07
Take the engine out?
It's light so maybe make a hole in the floor pan and use leg power
Hmm I think Falcon will still beat us all why because he is an Alien, leg power, after all those aliens can morph 100 at a time :rolleyes:

cluck
05-11-2015, 12:16
^^^ Helps if you use 'Reply with Quote' :).

AndrexUK
05-11-2015, 12:16
Yabba Dabba doooooooooooooooooooooo :D

My Wifey is currently building Mini human* #2, and we decided to ask Mini human #1 what we should call #2:

YabaDabaDooo

*I'm secretly hoping for a Dinosaur rather than a human (since we already have one of those), so if this does happen, then the suggestion might just work!

cluck
05-11-2015, 12:17
My Wifey is currently building Mini human* #2, and we decided to ask Mini human #1 what we should call #2:

YabaDabaDooo

*I'm secretly hoping for a Dinosaur rather than a human (since we already have one of those), so if this does happen, then the suggestion might just work!Somebody remind me to say YabaDabaDooo backwards tonight. Feel free to record it and compare to the right way round :D.

EDIT : And congrats to yourself and your wife :). Slightly disturbed by your secret wish but it did make me laugh :D.

thedarkjack
05-11-2015, 12:25
Thanks everyone for attending tonight, we once again have a good crop of drivers moving from Red to Orange member status and therefore gaining eligibility to our ranked races which start tomorrow! (https://revolutionsimracing.com/2015/11/04/more-promotions-after-our-second-induction-evening/)

The promoted drivers are:

CptMadBean
SlowBloke
DarkJack
Blue Monkey
ImTheCrabby
FlyingKLady.

Congrats to you all, its well earned and we hope to see you all in our ranked races soon.

Tomorrow its the BAC at Brands Hatch, good luck to everyone attending!

yay

see you all tonight. hoping for some good fights in the back half of the field :D

AndrexUK
05-11-2015, 12:39
EDIT : And congrats to yourself and your wife :). Slightly disturbed by your secret wish but it did make me laugh :D.

Weeeeeeell, I think it's just greedy having 2 of the same thing! "Variety is the spice of life" and all...

t0daY
05-11-2015, 12:40
Come on guys :O Don't put yourself in the back of the field already. The race is long and maybe falcon will get some random connection issues *wink* :D:D
Don't be afraid of him :p

Giovtec
05-11-2015, 13:07
If we want to have fair race for a podium we need a stunt driver who can aim for the top 3 in the first corner :onthego: :boxing::torn:

just sa'ing!!:p

Dama The Crow
05-11-2015, 13:21
If we want to have fair race for a podium we need a stunt driver who can aim for the top 3 in the first corner :onthego: :boxing::torn:

just sa'ing!!:p

OK. I will sacrifice myself for the team in the back. I will do it. :p

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 13:22
Guys make sure to grab the latest CrewChief v3.81 before the race. Fixes for opponent times and he added air, temp, and rain messages. So it will tell you when it's going to rain lol.

Download latest version Here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KQS820QNFbN1VfZHRZMDdSc1k/view?usp=sharing).

Giovtec
05-11-2015, 13:55
Guys make sure to grab the latest CrewChief v3.81 before the race. Fixes for opponent times and he added air, temp, and rain messages. So it will tell you when it's going to rain lol.

Download latest version Here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KQS820QNFbN1VfZHRZMDdSc1k/view?usp=sharing).

Anyways most important don't trust falcon's CrewChief he wont tell him when a car is beside him, almost get crushed by him yesterday :p

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 13:59
Anyways most important don't trust falcon's CrewChief he wont tell him when a car is beside him, almost get crushed by him yesterday :p

Lol! I'm sure he did say it but I wasn't listening.

gift
05-11-2015, 14:22
ahhhhh i totaly overseen this here!!!

i was expecting something like this from you guys.

and was wondering why the TGC threads were a bit quiet.

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 14:56
ahhhhh i totaly overseen this here!!!

i was expecting something like this from you guys.

and was wondering why the TGC threads were a bit quiet.

Now you know why ;)

Photonenbert
05-11-2015, 16:36
welcome :)

Photonenbert
05-11-2015, 16:37
also I vote Kman for stunt driver. and with stunt driver I mean the one that gets pushed into the grid :p

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 16:50
Everyone knows Kman is the fastest in our group! He's just too humble lol ;)

Ian_83
05-11-2015, 18:40
Sorry guys but I'm going to bail on this series for now. I think that the series has great potential, there is some awesome talent here and I wish you all the very best.

I'm bailing, because for me, racing on the PC is just a complete headache. I've now got issues with Project Cars and the crew chief not working together which makes me lose my in-game audio and I can't fix it. I'm not particularly great with PC's, in actual fact I'm new to PC gaming and that's probably part of the problem, so when I come up against problems like this I can't quickly fix them, which is a bit annoying when I'm about 10 minutes from the start of a race.

I hate to admit this, but console gaming is just soooo much easier for someone that isn't great with PC's.

t0daY
05-11-2015, 21:09
Well well... the luck was this evening not on our side...

First the dedicated server refuses to work, then several people had DCs or unhandled exceptions. After we run the first race in p2p (which was quite nice! :)) p2p striked back on the second race. The lags and warping made confusions on the 2x2 formation which leads to crashes and mass confusions... It can happen very easily once couple peoples warping around so that was just bad luck...

Anyways all in all thank you for our first ranked event :) If something goes wrong it goes horribly wrong but we are looking forward to next week!
We are looking forward to next week where hopefully everything is working again like usually :)

Cheers!

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 21:56
Sorry guys but I'm going to bail on this series for now. I think that the series has great potential, there is some awesome talent here and I wish you all the very best.

I'm bailing, because for me, racing on the PC is just a complete headache. I've now got issues with Project Cars and the crew chief not working together which makes me lose my in-game audio and I can't fix it. I'm not particularly great with PC's, in actual fact I'm new to PC gaming and that's probably part of the problem, so when I come up against problems like this I can't quickly fix them, which is a bit annoying when I'm about 10 minutes from the start of a race.

I hate to admit this, but console gaming is just soooo much easier for someone that isn't great with PC's.

We have several people including myself who can help you out. Let us know when you have free time and we will take care of you. Would hate to lose someone because of something dumb with the PC. :)

Pamellaaa
05-11-2015, 22:06
Thanks everyone who turned up tonight, apologies it didn't run as smoothly as we had hoped, Steam, DS, P2P, Connection, Lag and Warping were not on our side but it was hopefully still enjoyable for those who raced with us tonight.

We will get some further testing completed and try to iron out these issues ahead of next weeks events, thanks for sticking with us.

One thing we do need to highlight though is the levels of talking and people following instructions, ahead of the aborted start of the second race there were way too many people trying to get involved. We know you are trying to help but it makes things worse, please just remain quiet, allow us to direct proceedings and concentrate on following the instructions that we are giving.

cluck
05-11-2015, 22:08
I have no idea what happened tonight but it was an utter disaster for me. First off, I must apologise to anybody that was behind me on the grid at the start, I thought we were doing a rolling start so when the lights went green, I was waiting for the cars in front to move. The car directly in front of me didn't move at first, so I got hit from the rear. Then, after letting the field past and trying to claw my way back, I got hit and thrown into a wall, requiring a pit stop. After that, well, I got disconnected without realising I was disconnected. I only realised when I started to see cars piled up at the edge of the track. At that point I just threw the towel in for the night. I rarely just give up, but it was such a frustrating experience up to that point that I just didn't want to go through it again.

I gather I was also warping all over the place so, perhaps it was best that I didn't take part any further tonight!

Not the greatest of starts but I'm sure things will improve. Onwards and upwards :).

falcon2081
05-11-2015, 22:26
Alright guy's here are your best laps from Qual, Race1, Race2. Thanks to everyone who showed up. Luck was just not on our side today as been mentioned by the staff. It can only get better the more we race with each other.

Qualyfying:

Race1:

Race2:

t0daY
05-11-2015, 22:31
Alright guy's here are your best laps from Qual, Race1, Race2. Thanks to everyone who showed up. Luck was just not on our side today as been mentioned by the staff. It can only get better the more we race with each other.

At least I drove from P10 to P4 :) First race was a little bit lonely for me because the first 3 driver (*hust* aliens) were just sooo much quicker than me. Because Monkey, Pamellaaa and Battenberg decided to fight I had my rest and just did some constant mit 1:27 until the tires went off :D

VanquishedVantage
05-11-2015, 22:54
I might get the Xbone + Forza 6 bundle soon, maybe you guys can set up a Forza 6 league? :)

Pamellaaa
05-11-2015, 22:58
Quick heads up guys, the first ever RSR rankings are now up and live on the website (https://revolutionsimracing.com/current-rankings/). Please note that these only take into account race one today as due to the issues and the aborted start of the second race the decision was made that it would not count towards ranking points.

Any questions about any of the figures or results let us know :)

We hope to see lots of you next week aiming to improve your scores!

Pamellaaa
05-11-2015, 22:59
I might get the Xbone + Forza 6 bundle soon, maybe you guys can set up a Forza 6 league? :)

Its unlikely mate, I don't think very many of us have an Xbone and although I do I am personally finding Forza really hard to get into after playing Project CARS.

VanquishedVantage
05-11-2015, 23:00
Its unlikely mate, I don't think very many of us have an Xbone and although I do I am personally finding Forza really hard to get into after playing Project CARS.
Darn. :p

Ian_83
05-11-2015, 23:33
We have several people including myself who can help you out. Let us know when you have free time and we will take care of you. Would hate to lose someone because of something dumb with the PC. :)

Well as far as I can tell, the problem is with the Crew Chief app. I read through a large chunk of the Crew Chief thread and I couldn't see anyone else experiencing the same problem.

I make sure that the wheel (G27) and headset (Turtle Beach PX21) are connected to my PC before starting it. I start the PC, open Steam, open the Logitech profiler, open Crew Chief (start the app) and finally I load PCars. Everything is fine, I have game sound, the Crew Chief did his radio check and all is good. Next I start a race/free run. The car exits the pit and I still have sound. I then 'push to talk' to the Crew Chief, usually telling him to, "shut up". I hear the Crew Chief app acknowledge that I've pressed my push to talk button (I hear the beep), after I have finished speaking the Crew Chief opens his mic to reply but I don't get any messages at all, I simply hear about 20 seconds of background (pit) noise. After this, I then hear a noise which sounds as though my headset has been disconnected (a click-click) and all audio stops. I can hear nothing from either the Crew Chief or PCars.

I had the same thing happen earlier in the day, but after restarting PCars and the Crew Chief app it fixed itself. This time it simply wasn't having it, I restarted everything including the PC multiple times with no joy at all.

There are no other applications running other than Teamspeak, Crew Chief, Steam, Logitech profiler, PCars and basic Windows 10 stuff.

I can't figure it out...... it had nothing to do with the Steam update. I will admit that I'm not on the new release of the Crew Chief, I think it's v3.7.2 and it was working perfectly the day before. TeamSpeak makes no difference, it still looses sound without TeamSpeak running.

That's about it really, I can't think of anything else, but if I've missed anything just ask me. If there's a simple fix then I'll give it a try.

Pamellaaa
05-11-2015, 23:40
Well as far as I can tell, the problem is with the Crew Chief app. I read through a large chunk of the Crew Chief thread and I couldn't see anyone else experiencing the same problem.

I make sure that the wheel (G27) and headset (Turtle Beach PX21) are connected to my PC before starting it. I start the PC, open Steam, open the Logitech profiler, open Crew Chief (start the app) and finally I load PCars. Everything is fine, I have game sound, the Crew Chief did his radio check and all is good. Next I start a race/free run. The car exits the pit and I still have sound. I then 'push to talk' to the Crew Chief, usually telling him to, "shut up". I hear the Crew Chief app acknowledge that I've pressed my push to talk button (I hear the beep), after I have finished speaking the Crew Chief opens his mic to reply but I don't get any messages at all, I simply hear about 20 seconds of background (pit) noise. After this, I then hear a noise which sounds as though my headset has been disconnected (a click-click) and all audio stops. I can hear nothing from either the Crew Chief or PCars.

I had the same thing happen earlier in the day, but after restarting PCars and the Crew Chief app it fixed itself. This time it simply wasn't having it, I restarted everything including the PC multiple times with no joy at all.

There are no other applications running other than Teamspeak, Crew Chief, Steam, Logitech profiler, PCars and basic Windows 10 stuff.

I can't figure it out...... it had nothing to do with the Steam update. I will admit that I'm not on the new release of the Crew Chief, I think it's v3.7.2 and it was working perfectly the day before. TeamSpeak makes no difference, it still looses sound without TeamSpeak running.

That's about it really, I can't think of anything else, but if I've missed anything just ask me. If there's a simple fix then I'll give it a try.

I have had an issue with the Crewchief doing an open mic sort or thing but not playing any audio on an older version, didn't affect Project CARS but I have had other weird Project CARS audio issues as it doesn't seem to like the Windows default playback device changing while the game is loaded.

Its an odd one but there is a good likelihood that a fresh download of the latest Crewchief will help, if it still occurs I would look at changing the order you do things, maybe get Project CARS up and running first, then tab out to start Crewcheif.

Other possibility that I have thought of is the Push To Talk button also doing something else, unlikely if its a wheel button but still possible.

Ian_83
05-11-2015, 23:50
I have had an issue with the Crewchief doing an open mic sort or thing but not playing any audio on an older version, didn't affect Project CARS but I have had other weird Project CARS audio issues as it doesn't seem to like the Windows default playback device changing while the game is loaded.

Its an odd one but there is a good likelihood that a fresh download of the latest Crewchief will help, if it still occurs I would look at changing the order you do things, maybe get Project CARS up and running first, then tab out to start Crewcheif.

Other possibility that I have thought of is the Push To Talk button also doing something else, unlikely if its a wheel button but still possible.
I tried loading Crew Chief last and it still lost my audio.

I use a wheel button to talk, it was working fine and as far as I'm aware it isn't combined with any other function while in a race.

I'll give v3.8 a try when I get time.

It's strange because it was working perfectly fine and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed.

mcarver2000
06-11-2015, 00:28
So one can race and improve their starting position and still rank behind drivers that have yet to even attend an event? How does one lose points against those that haven't raced yet? Just confused...

Quick heads up guys, the first ever RSR rankings are now up and live on the website (https://revolutionsimracing.com/current-rankings/). Please note that these only take into account race one today as due to the issues and the aborted start of the second race the decision was made that it would not count towards ranking points.

Any questions about any of the figures or results let us know :)

We hope to see lots of you next week aiming to improve your scores!

falcon2081
06-11-2015, 01:04
I tried loading Crew Chief last and it still lost my audio.

I use a wheel button to talk, it was working fine and as far as I'm aware it isn't combined with any other function while in a race.

I'll give v3.8 a try when I get time.

It's strange because it was working perfectly fine and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed.

Hey Ian. It could be various things so we must use process of elimination. My best guess is that somehow the speech recognition stuff got corrupted. Download the latest CrewChiew v3.81 and reinstall the speech stuff again. Try the program without using the toggle and then with. Let us know what happens. Also let us know if you have free time to go over this stuff as its much much easier to solve when talking over TS. :D

Dama The Crow
06-11-2015, 06:58
Thank you all for last night's races. It was really fun even I was really bad, because I didn't have any time before the race to practice, and now I see that practice is really needed to compete with you all. Everyone was very good, while I felt like I'm driving on a two pair of Iceskates (I choose Prime tyres in second race, because I could't warm up Soft tyres in 10 min practice before :( )
For next Thursday race I will definitly do some time trials for practicing.
And please, colud someone tell me what this section in a ranking table means: "Averige finishing %"?

Pamellaaa
06-11-2015, 07:02
So one can race and improve their starting position and still rank behind drivers that have yet to even attend an event? How does one lose points against those that haven't raced yet? Just confused...

It isn't based on improving positions at all, otherwise everyone would want to qualify on the back row. For the first event it is simply a case of above or below average finish position determines whether you get a points increase or decrease, so in effect anyone 13th or lower has a score reduction.

It gets better as it goes on though, and the lower a score gets the easier it becomes to see a score improvement and equally the higher a score gets the harder it gets to increase and the easier it becomes to fall.

As for people who haven't attended an event, everyone starts on 1000 points, but anyone not attending for a certain amount of time will be removed from the rankings until such time as they do attend.

EDIT: I will shortly (next week or so) be writing up a short overview of how the ranking works, what it takes into account and what we will be using it for just to give everyone a slightly better understanding of why we have created a system like this. The basic idea is though that we have a ranking and when need to split lobbies (which will likely be soon with the amount of new people we have signing up each day) we can split based on ranking performance which will give everyone a competitive race against people of comparable pace and will give everyone the opportunity to improve their score.

cluck
06-11-2015, 07:47
Oh and I forgot to check whether I did make contact with somebody. I did ask over TeamSpeak but didn't get a reply so, after slowing down for a bit waiting for the reply, I carried on. I went to overtake on the right, through Westfield (I think), and was sure I'd given the other driver enough room but I noticed in my rear view mirror that he/she had gone off the track to the left on that corner. If we did make contact then my apologies, it was far from my intention to do so. I am also aware, from later in TeamSpeak, that I was lagging so it might simply have been that.

I don't know if it's being fixed in the next patch, but I have no driver labels with the Oculus Rift, so it is almost impossible for me to apologise to people by name. Will have to see what Patch 6.0 brings I guess, to see if they come back.

Puffpirat
06-11-2015, 09:56
It isn't based on improving positions at all, otherwise everyone would want to qualify on the back row. For the first event it is simply a case of above or below average finish position determines whether you get a points increase or decrease, so in effect anyone 13th or lower has a score reduction.

It gets better as it goes on though, and the lower a score gets the easier it becomes to see a score improvement and equally the higher a score gets the harder it gets to increase and the easier it becomes to fall.

As for people who haven't attended an event, everyone starts on 1000 points, but anyone not attending for a certain amount of time will be removed from the rankings until such time as they do attend.

EDIT: I will shortly (next week or so) be writing up a short overview of how the ranking works, what it takes into account and what we will be using it for just to give everyone a slightly better understanding of why we have created a system like this. The basic idea is though that we have a ranking and when need to split lobbies (which will likely be soon with the amount of new people we have signing up each day) we can split based on ranking performance which will give everyone a competitive race against people of comparable pace and will give everyone the opportunity to improve their score.
Pam you could rank the second race for fun and as an example how the system works when everyone already has a rating different to 1000. That should help explaining it :)

imthecrabby
06-11-2015, 10:42
after that awful race for myself (it's the car, not me ;)) my rating has gone down, not happy haha, but looking forward for the endurence race where i might be able to bring it back up, or if it doesn't count (i'm not quite sure) my rating will stay the same for a while as i did take a night of karete to give you guys a race, i did enjoy myself though no matter how crap i am in that "car", see you all later

Will Fly
06-11-2015, 10:45
Ian how about not using it at all

Kawalsky
06-11-2015, 11:14
I really enjoyed yesterday races, specially the second one because there was a lot less of unnecessary chatter. I hope members will start listening to admins and try to keep the unnecessary chatter when racing to a minimum.

I also wonder if falcon will always be so generous and share his basic setup? :) The setup you posted helped me a lot ( thx ) with control and whenever I try to do my own tune it always feels like Its the same, or worse. I prefer racing over tuning.

Pamellaaa
06-11-2015, 12:04
Pam you could rank the second race for fun and as an example how the system works when everyone already has a rating different to 1000. That should help explaining it :)

Good thinking, I can't put it on the site as it would mess with our live data but I can definitely do a screenshot of the table with the second race included. I could instead (or also) share the ranking data that came out of feeding the whole G40 league that I ran in, obviously we aren't using any of this for RSR ranking but as a demonstration of how it works and what results we get its a pretty good set of data.

I can't do anything with this for a couple of days as I am out tonight and tomorrow night but I can have a look on Sunday for you.

I really enjoyed yesterday races, specially the second one because there was a lot less of unnecessary chatter. I hope members will start listening to admins and try to keep the unnecessary chatter when racing to a minimum.

I also wonder if falcon will always be so generous and share his basic setup? :) The setup you posted helped me a lot ( thx ) with control and whenever I try to do my own tune it always feels like Its the same, or worse. I prefer racing over tuning.

Indeed the second race was a lot better from a comunication point of view, shame it couldn't be ranked as I managed to nab a podium but given the chaos at the start it would be unfair to include it in our official rankings.

Some teething problems are to be expected though, overall it was still good fun and its nice to just get something like this started, to borrow a phrase from Cluck, onwards and upwards from here! :)

Giovtec
06-11-2015, 12:42

Same here, i have the PRIVILEGE:rolleyes: to practice many times with Falcon and whether i get a tune set up from the SetUp base website and start tweaking (god knows what) or Falcon give me some tips and some numbers, weirdly i have tried Puff and Falcon set ups and i can't handle the cars, i can be faster but i cant keep the car on track for the whole race, so i recommend you to give a try to set ups, believe me, i am a complete moron if someone ask me anything about set up, but i am trying to learn now :eagerness:

Later when league start the "tough guys" will have to keep their secrets, in that case you have to work it out most from yourself and teammate :couple_inlove:

thedarkjack
06-11-2015, 12:50
was a fun race, too bad crabby lagged a bit in the end and basically teleported into my front bumper when I thought he was just running the corner a bit wide :( oh well, nothing you can do about it. I'll just try harder next time.

just watched the replay and I need to apologize to the person I forced of the track at some point (like 10 minutes in) by going inside and then running wide. super sorry, didn't realize just how wide I actually ran that corner.

Pamellaaa
06-11-2015, 14:29
Good thinking, I can't put it on the site as it would mess with our live data but I can definitely do a screenshot of the table with the second race included. I could instead (or also) share the ranking data that came out of feeding the whole G40 league that I ran in, obviously we aren't using any of this for RSR ranking but as a demonstration of how it works and what results we get its a pretty good set of data.

I can't do anything with this for a couple of days as I am out tonight and tomorrow night but I can have a look on Sunday for you.

Managed to find a bit of time to get the results of using the G40 league data, it looks like this:

Puffpirat
06-11-2015, 14:53
Thanks for the quick update Pam! I'm a sucker for numbers and statistics ;) I guess average finishing % gives you an indication of where you landed relative to the field which automatically gives you a lower percentage on a bigger field, so first in a 30 people lobby is more valuable than in a 20 people race. Quite clever :)

Pamellaaa
06-11-2015, 15:03
Thanks for the quick update Pam! I'm a sucker for numbers and statistics ;) I guess average finishing % gives you an indication of where you landed relative to the field which automatically gives you a lower percentage on a bigger field, so first in a 30 people lobby is more valuable than in a 20 people race. Quite clever :)

I too am a sucker for stats, this whole thing started for me as an experiment to see if I could devise some sort of ongoing ranking system rather than a traditional leage setup just to see if I could, it kinda expanded rapidly from there ;)

Yeah in effect that is exactly what it is, your finishing position as a percentage of the total who competed, 1st in a 25 car field = 4%, 1st in a 32 car field = 3.125%. It was originally setup with just a straight average of finishing positions but the numbers produced made very little sense given the large variations in field sizes.

Note: a couple of the minor parameters have changed between the data above and our live set, it probably wouldn't have changed any positions but the overall scores would be different if I ran it all again. It also isn't as good as it could be as the data set I had wasn't run with the ranking in mind. This means that having two distinct lobbies set from the start limited the way things moved a little bit (it still worked quite well though), with our normal ranked races (not leagues) where we need a split it will always be done from the rankings giving people as much opportunity as possible to race against people of comparable performance, this will also mean that, when we need two lobbies we will always have even split rather than one nearly full lobby and one more empty one :)

Any other questions just ask, I will do a full write up of how the ranking system works and what variables are taken into account soon too :)

falcon2081
06-11-2015, 15:46

That is correct. Once the league starts no more sharing setup. My setups aren't anything wondrous by any means. Racing and Tuning go hand in hand. You will expand your horizons even further by being able to understand what the car is doing. As such you can be flexible and adapt a driving style to suit the car. Understanding everything takes time and there is reading and researching required but you learn so many new things that it's worth it in my opinion. :D I may hold setup tuning days before events where people can ask me questions to help them out.

Same here, i have the PRIVILEGE:rolleyes: to practice many times with Falcon and whether i get a tune set up from the SetUp base website and start tweaking (god knows what) or Falcon give me some tips and some numbers, weirdly i have tried Puff and Falcon set ups and i can't handle the cars, i can be faster but i cant keep the car on track for the whole race, so i recommend you to give a try to set ups, believe me, i am a complete moron if someone ask me anything about set up, but i am trying to learn now :eagerness:

Later when league start the "tough guys" will have to keep their secrets, in that case you have to work it out most from yourself and teammate :couple_inlove:

LOL Gio, Privileged? You make it sound like myself, Puff are from high-class haha...

falcon2081
06-11-2015, 16:00
CrewChief v3.82 is up! Some bug fixes were added. The guy is a machine!

Download Here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KQS820QNFbN1VfZHRZMDdSc1k/view?usp=sharing).

Edit: I forgot to mention that I will be hanging around the server later today around the usual time (19-20UTC) in case anyone is up for fun races or even Rocket League :)

Also anyone up for some bug testing? Need 4 volunteers. Just meet me in the ts server later. Should not take more than 30min.

falcon2081
06-11-2015, 17:10
Here's the amazing battle I had with JetPistol. Hope you guys enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv73mPSqh48

TonyR
06-11-2015, 17:11
Video is private :)

falcon2081
06-11-2015, 17:12
Video is private :)

Whoops thanks. Public now :)

thedarkjack
06-11-2015, 18:24
just realized I won't be able to make it to the next 2 events (tuesday+thursday) :(

VanquishedVantage
06-11-2015, 22:03

JetPistol?

Isn't he the guy who holds the lap records on the Nordschleife for GT3 cars?

falcon2081
06-11-2015, 22:16
JetPistol?

Isn't he the guy who holds the lap records on the Nordschleife for GT3 cars?

Yes, although its only on some gt3 cars :)

VanquishedVantage
06-11-2015, 22:29
I probably have an unpopular opinion, but I think those records can be easily beat with a perfect setup ;)

thedarkjack
07-11-2015, 08:39

watching this improved my laptimes by roughly a second with potential for another one on good tires.

JetPistol
07-11-2015, 17:26

Yes, that's right. Every time I put in some reasonable effort in TT mode, SMS comes up with the idea to reset leaderboard times. :cool: Here's an overview (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26956-Played-online-this-morning&p=971405&viewfull=1#post971405) of some of my - more or less decent - laptimes with the GT3 class before the last reset which also includes some thoughts on potential times from my pov. After all, I don't really care about leaderboards - Nordschleife is just my favourite track.

I probably have an unpopular opinion, but I think those records can be easily beat with a perfect setup ;)
They can be beaten easily. But Nordschleife lap times don't primarily depend on the setup - it's like 95 percent raceline and 5 percent setup.

Kawalsky
07-11-2015, 20:04
Considering we have a website is it possible to also create a forum? It would help with organization and planing which I think I need not to explain.

EDIT: Also gent's tomorrow we should have an unofficial race at our standard time ( 19:30 ). Lets face it there is simply no other way :)