PDA

View Full Version : Open wheel ai slipstream

bb155
28-10-2015, 09:37
Hello,
i was testing some races with open wheel categories.
I noticed that AI never benefit from slipstream.
Otherwise the player instead takes full use of the effect with considerable advantage on tracks with a lot of straights as Monza and Spa.
Especially for the career is a problem of some importance
no one else has noticed similar problems?
possible workarounds?
thanks

graveltrap
28-10-2015, 09:55
It's been stated that the AI do use the slipstream several times, they may however be speed limited due to gear ratios, thus the processions at the tracks with long straights...

bb155
28-10-2015, 10:01
ok thanks for the quick reply.
so basically, do AI use the same default setup for every track?
if this is the problem, i hope devs can find a solution to this problem in next patches.

Raven403
28-10-2015, 12:01
ok thanks for the quick reply.
so basically, do AI use the same default setup for every track?
if this is the problem, i hope devs can find a solution to this problem in next patches.

Can't say its the SAME for every track, but its definitely not a Super Tune, and its been said they don't run Low Downforce Setups, so on tracks where you would run that kind of setup they will probably be at a disadvantage, something they make up for by punting you off as soon as possible ;)

I think the AI is a continuous work in progress but I could be wrong about that. i hope it is tho, because they are still too aggressive and a tad too twitchy

Schnizz58
28-10-2015, 15:49
Can't say its the SAME for every track, but its definitely not a Super Tune, and its been said they don't run Low Downforce Setups, so on tracks where you would run that kind of setup they will probably be at a disadvantage, something they make up for by punting you off as soon as possible ;)
I lol'd.

I think the AI is a continuous work in progress but I could be wrong about that. i hope it is tho, because they are still too aggressive and a tad too twitchy
I hope so too but I'm getting the feeling that at this point, the AI is what it is.