PDA

View Full Version : Audi GT3 @ Brands Hatch

Old Pugs
29-10-2015, 16:16
Hi,

Im asking if anyone can help me achieve better times with this combo. (Im using DS4)

I've joined a league, and been battering this track all week and on heavy fuel loads (20+laps) im running low 1.24 to mid 1.23 when fuel gets lower over the stint.

My issue is that, when i change to qualify , i cant improve on a low 1.23? I run lower fuel, close the rad and brake ducts etc but i cant go any lower? I see the guy im battling with can do 1.22.7 in an Aston Martin GT3, so i would like to be closer to that?

The car i've tuned is very stable, and dont eat tyres so is it just one of those things or am i missing out on 0.5 seconds on low fuel setups? I use realistic settings as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paulzx
29-10-2015, 19:19
I expect someone will pop up on here who is already doing your fast laps, to explain how to do it.

Just out of curiosity I'm going to run some laps with your combo to see what times come up

TitactiK
29-10-2015, 19:34
What camber you running?
Try lowering it for quali and maybe bump the TCS up too.

For example i run the M3 GT3 1.9 on front camber 0.9 on rear in race conditions.
In quali i'd knock that down to 1.5 / 1.4 and 0.5 on the rears
Bumping TCS up to 15% .
I can do low 23's and high 22's if i really nail it.

Hopefully some tuner might come along and explain their the chaps to talk to. :)

Old Pugs
30-10-2015, 09:18
I run 1.7 camber on the fronts and rears have 0.9 as well.

I run quite high TCS, so i might think that may be the issue? I'm running it 38%.

I popped in a 1.23 dead last night, so i think i'm nearly there. :D

TitactiK
30-10-2015, 14:51
Hmm so maybe TCS is to high?
You say you got a good stable setup, maybe its just a case of finding the upper most limit of TCS where you can give it the full beans out of corners without unsettling the car.

This is a pretty obvious one which I'm certain everybody knows but
Have you tried closing the Radiator and brake ducts for quali?

ElectricBlues85
30-10-2015, 23:14
I run 1.7 camber on the fronts and rears have 0.9 as well.

I run quite high TCS, so i might think that may be the issue? I'm running it 38%.

I popped in a 1.23 dead last night, so i think i'm nearly there. :D

I thought Traction Control Slip (TCS) was capped at 15% in GT3 cars?

You could try lowering the ride height to get some aero & centre of gravity gains in quail. I'd increase the settings back up for the race though as the track is quite bumpy. Also, as TicTac said, try the lower cambers which should help with corner exit / acceleration.

Final thing to try is lower tyre pressures. They'll get hotter and potentially provide more grip but will wear out quicker so again, increase them back for the race.

Old Pugs
31-10-2015, 09:35
It is locked to 15 max, sorry I gave my LS lock number but my TCS was hindering me abit so I turned it down abit. All is good now! ��