PDA

View Full Version : Need seriously best configuration for pad from sms

Heykey
29-10-2015, 20:26
Hello everyone

I play with pad and i take time for configuration, but can't find the best configuration. It's very difficult to play with pad, we need (pad players) the optimum configuration.

Hope sms team take initiative for pad players

:D

rotorrian
30-10-2015, 05:27
Are you new to the game?

Because if so I would increase the deadzone slightly and decrease the sensitivity.

Once you get a feel for the game then start find tuning your setup.

There is no 'golden controller setup' it just takes time to master.

Hello everyone

I play with pad and i take time for configuration, but can't find the best configuration. It's very difficult to play with pad, we need (pad players) the optimum configuration.

madmax2069
30-10-2015, 07:14
Are you new to the game?

Because if so I would increase the deadzone slightly and decrease the sensitivity.

Once you get a feel for the game then start find tuning your setup.

There is no 'golden controller setup' it just takes time to master.

Why would you want to increase the deadzone, that will just increase the slop before it detects the input and shorten your throw (the higher the deadzone the less useable thumbstick resolution you have). The only time when you should raise the deadzone is if your controller thumbsticks and triggers have a issue not returning back to dead center.

Hello everyone

Here is my controller setup. In the game options select controls, press R1 to tab over to configuration
first scroll all the way down to controller mode and change that to 2

Steering deadzone: 0

Steering sensitivity: 5

Throttle deadzone: 5

Throttle sensitivity: 20

Brake deadzone: 5

Brake sensitivity: 10

I left clutch deadzone and sensitivity at their default values

speed sensitivity: 45 (the higher this setting the slower you have to go to obtain full steering lock, the lower the number you can go faster without it limiting your steering)

Controller filtering sensitivity: 20 (if you bump/tap the thumbstick to steer instead of using the thumbstick like a proportional analog stick you want to have the set to a very high setting so you're not wiggling all about), only have this set lower if you're smooth with thumbstick input.

Force feedback (rumble) set at its default setting

Advanced on

soft steering dampening on

Even with the above settings theres a few cars that are still very sensitive with steering, in the car setup option in the garage, or tuning setup while in the pits. Under the vehicle tab press your R2 till you hit the alignment screen and raise the steering ratio, the higher the ratio the less sensitive the steering will be, the lower the setting the more sensitive steering will be.

Try it and see how it works for you.

Heykey
30-10-2015, 17:46
@madmax2069

The setup '2' is a setup of drift, can't use it. And i can't understand what did you write, your level of english is too hard for me to understand.

Please sms make something.

rotorrian
31-10-2015, 10:57
You answered my question in your answer.

I increase the dead zone to make it less sensitive when your tap, tapping around corners.

Have a try it might work for you, it might not it just depends on your driving style.

Why would you want to increase the deadzone, that will just increase the slop before it detects the input and shorten your throw (the higher the deadzone the less useable thumbstick resolution you have). The only time when you should raise the deadzone is if your controller thumbsticks and triggers have a issue not returning back to dead center.

Here is my controller setup. In the game options select controls, press R1 to tab over to configuration
first scroll all the way down to controller mode and change that to 2

Steering deadzone: 0

Steering sensitivity: 5

Throttle deadzone: 5

Throttle sensitivity: 20

Brake deadzone: 5

Brake sensitivity: 10

I left clutch deadzone and sensitivity at their default values

speed sensitivity: 45 (the higher this setting the slower you have to go to obtain full steering lock, the lower the number you can go faster without it limiting your steering)

Controller filtering sensitivity: 20 (if you bump/tap the thumbstick to steer instead of using the thumbstick like a proportional analog stick you want to have the set to a very high setting so you're not wiggling all about), only have this set lower if you're smooth with thumbstick input.

Force feedback (rumble) set at its default setting

Advanced on

soft steering dampening on

Even with the above settings theres a few cars that are still very sensitive with steering, in the car setup option in the garage, or tuning setup while in the pits. Under the vehicle tab press your R2 till you hit the alignment screen and raise the steering ratio, the higher the ratio the less sensitive the steering will be, the lower the setting the more sensitive steering will be.

Try it and see how it works for you.

Flaw3dGenius
31-10-2015, 12:50
Anyone got the controls on a pad working like GT or Forza? Took PCars up to a friends to see how it looked on his new 75" TV and the out of the box pad settings are horrendous. Very hard to keep cars on track (i do realise it's not designed for control pads)

Schumi-
31-10-2015, 21:22
I use these, not my work, they were posted a while back on this forum, used them on my Ps4, and now use them on the PC version.

Hope these help.

Controller Preset Mode 2 (make sure you change 1st)
Advanced Off
---------------------------------------------
Controller Input Mode - 2 (Change first)

Steering Deadzone - 10
Steering Sensitivity - 10
Throttle Deadzone - 10
Throttle Sensitivity - 40
Brake Deadzone - 10
Brake Sensitivity - 30
Clutch Deadzone - 10
Clutch Sensitivity - 45
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 35
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode - 2
Advanced - On
Apply Soft Steering - On
Apply Visual Filtering - Off
Apply Opposite Lock Help Off

madmax2069
01-11-2015, 06:28
@madmax2069

The setup '2' is a setup of drift, can't use it. And i can't understand what did you write, your level of english is too hard for me to understand.

Please sms make something.

Controller mode 2 is to increase wheel lock to wheel lock speed (and a few other adjustments on how the steering reacts to thumbstick input), makes it a lot easier to catch a slide, its better overal regardless of if you're drifting or just normal racing. the default mode 3 has a painfully slow wheel lock to wheel lock speed, it will actually get in your way when you have to change steering directions quickly due to how slow it moves.

You answered my question in your answer.

I increase the dead zone to make it less sensitive when your tap, tapping around corners.

Have a try it might work for you, it might not it just depends on your driving style.

You dont increase the deadzone to get a less sensitive input when you tap steer, you increase the controller filtering sensitivity so you dont wiggle and jiggle around on the track like you're having a seizure behind the wheel just trying to maintain a straight line, also makes you more smooth in a corner as well. Move this to 100 and see what I mean.

I dont tap steer, I use my thumbstick as a actual proportional analog stick, I have the controller filtering sensitivity set at 20 because I am not 100% smooth with thumbstick input, which is just enough to filter out any harsh movement I do make on the thumbstick.

hkraft300
01-11-2015, 13:42
I'd go with mad Max's settings.
If you increase steering sensitivity, you can increase controller filtering too. High Controller filtering is for the stick tappers, because it slows the speed the steering reacts to pushing the stick left/right.
To make steering react fast enough (like GT) you want low filtering. For slower steering (like Forza 5) increase filtering.
DS4 controller is pretty good (a fresh one) to keep dead zone low (<5).
My steering sensitivity is 40 and filtering is 35. Should achieve similar result to mad max. His might be better though.