PDA

View Full Version : DX12 Progress

Bliman
29-10-2015, 23:38
Hi,
Now that the new UI is almost out on XboxOne (12 Nov) , I was wondering if their is some news about the dx12 upgrade the team was talking about a couple of months ago?
Is there still the intension on bringing it out on the console and what timetable are we talking about?
Maybe this can also solve the sound stuttering and a few framerate problems.
Still racing everyday (although halo 5 is keeping me busy at the moment) and appreciating more and more what work has gone in the tyre and chassis model.
Manuel

STEELJOCKEY
30-10-2015, 03:18
I've already seen graphics and sound glitch improvements with the NXOE, not sure if DX12 is part of or that's still a later addition. Still, certainly been an improvement so far. Bugs are still being ironed out but it's getting good

TrevorAustin
30-10-2015, 06:52
I'm certain I read several times there will be no dx12 for pcars 1, it's a rewrite.

KkDrummer
30-10-2015, 08:35
I'm certain I read several times there will be no dx12 for pcars 1, it's a rewrite.

yeah, I believe this is the case. I am more interested in the new SDK that will improve performance of the 7th core.

Strydervip
30-10-2015, 09:00
I've already seen graphics and sound glitch improvements with the NXOE, not sure if DX12 is part of or that's still a later addition. Still, certainly been an improvement so far. Bugs are still being ironed out but it's getting good

Same here! Game looks and runs better with the new dashboard! Come November 12th everyone will see!

nissan4ever
30-10-2015, 20:44

That's correct.

However, Project CARS 2 will be written with it :)

Bliman
31-10-2015, 10:25
Thanks guys for the answers.
Didn't hear that Dx 12 was cancelled for XboxOne.
Little disappointed but this is only if dx 12 did bring more fps and improvements.

InfectedJerk
31-10-2015, 14:35
Thanks guys for the answers.
Didn't hear that Dx 12 was cancelled for XboxOne.
Little disappointed but this is only if dx 12 did bring more fps and improvements.

DX12 isn't cancelled. What they are saying is DX12 will not improve Pcars, or any other game that is released before DX12. It should improve system performance, also "Fingers crossed" every game that has the sound glitch. Every game i own has the sound glitch.

STEELJOCKEY
31-10-2015, 23:09
I don't think I've heard the sound glitch at all on the NXOE, maybe the barest noise very rarely, to the point I think it is pretty much gone. Same with graphics. 11 days to go!

Didd31
01-11-2015, 11:26
It should improve system performance, also "Fingers crossed" every game that has the sound glitch. Every game i own has the sound glitch.

don't use the rapid launch mode on your xBoxOne, with economic energie the RAM is reboot cleared so you will no more have sound glitch with your other games.
It's better also to make "Quit" on dash bord ( (context system menu) under the last game or app used before launch a big game.

With Project cars the sound glitch will stay a little but less since the recent patch.

sorry for my english

InfectedJerk
01-11-2015, 13:37
don't use the rapid launch mode on your xBoxOne, with economic energie the RAM is reboot cleared so you will no more have sound glitch with your other games.
It's better also to make "Quit" on dash bord ( (context system menu) under the last game or app used before launch a big game.

With Project cars the sound glitch will stay a little but less since the recent patch.

sorry for my english

i dont use rapid on or instant on. also i have my notifications off. when i start my xbox, i select profile, then project cars.