PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick inquiry about Career Mode

Willy Makit
30-10-2015, 11:44
I started a career mode, and it asked me to select a number, which I did, but I have noticed it doesn't use the number I chose on my cars, so I was just baffled why it doesn't? :confused:

Bealdor
30-10-2015, 11:48
Because the current livery system doesn't allow dynamic car numbers unfortunately.
Your selected number will be used in the social network postings though.

JessicaWalter
30-10-2015, 12:27
Because the current livery system doesn't allow dynamic car numbers unfortunately.
Your selected number will be used in the social network postings though.

my reply isnt about career mode, but i found 2 cars a while ago (there may be more, but i mostly race bimmers), the e30 m3 and the 1m coupe, that show my chosen number on the car and the number isnt part of the livery name so i assumed it used that number because it was "my number." i don't know if it was coincidence or not. ive mentioned it in similar threads ages ago but never got any confirmation if those liveries have an assigned number or if they were using whatever number the user has chosen as "their number."

i cant remember the names of the liveries but im positive they don't have a number in their title and that my number was on the car.

Bealdor
30-10-2015, 12:32
That's very likely to be a coincidence.

JessicaWalter
30-10-2015, 12:48
ok, so i just checked and the livery im referring to is:

bmw 1m coupe
panzer race tuning

can anyone check to see if that livery puts a number 16 (my number) on their car, or if it in fact uses whichever number they have chosen?

i must have been mistaken about the e30 m3 livery because it wasnt there when i looked but i know it happened with another car i drove, i just can't remember which one.

Bealdor
30-10-2015, 12:55
bmw 1m coupe
panzer race tuning

can anyone check to see if that livery puts a number 16 (my number) on their car, or if it in fact uses whichever number they have chosen?

Yes, this livery has a static "16" on the hood and the door.

JessicaWalter
30-10-2015, 13:02
sweet thanks.

Willy Makit
30-10-2015, 18:02
So I am assuming the number thing serves no real purpose? Or is Project Cars planning on implementing it in some future update?

LordDRIFT
30-10-2015, 18:25
sweet thanks.

Time to play lotto.