PDA

View Full Version : Help with Oculus Rift

jst
30-10-2015, 15:56
I am trying to setup the Oculus Rift but finding very frustrating. This is the only sim that I have not been able to get it to work! I am not getting any 3D effects I don't think that it is picking up the OR. I just getting an image in each lens looking one way and the other and no head tracking. I am using runtime 6.1 Nvidia drivers are 358.50 I tried runtime 08.00 but that did not work either. as anyone got any ideas?

beetes_juice
30-10-2015, 16:02
Pretty long thread for it but start reading. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21856-Oculus-rift-DK2-Setup-Guide);)

TrevorAustin
30-10-2015, 17:03
You need Nvidia 358.78 and runtime 0.7 or 0.8 Other combos will no longer work, or are too complicated to explain.

It's extremely easy once you get things right, nothing complicated about it anymore.

Smoovone1
31-03-2016, 05:49
You need Nvidia 358.78 and runtime 0.7 or 0.8 Other combos will no longer work, or are too complicated to explain.

It's extremely easy once you get things right, nothing complicated about it anymore.

I just got the oculus rift consumer headset and I bought the oculus version. When I start the game it just says please wait in headset but the game starts on the tv.. I can hear it through thr headset but it just says please wait in the headset and never changes...????

Naz
31-03-2016, 10:23
Not sure if this is of any help or if I have misunderstood you, but if the screen you are looking at is the one with the disclaimer/warning message .... You should see a white dot in your view that moves with your head .... Move your head so that dot is on the large rectangle at the bottom of the warning message....keep the dot in that rectangle for a few seconds and then the game might load...it's like a button you have to press to accept the warning message.

This is what happens when elite dangerous starts ... I don't have the oculus version of PC cars so it might not be the same thing here though. Good luck and hope this helps.

Smoovone1
31-03-2016, 13:21
I just got the oculus rift consumer headset and I bought the oculus version. When I start the game it just says please wait in headset but the game starts on the tv.. I can hear it through thr headset but it just says please wait in the headset and never changes...????

I have the latest drivers they released yesterday that was specificly for project cars and all other launch titles. This is the oculus store version of PC cars. How do I get runtime versions you mentioned?

Smoovone1
02-04-2016, 23:21
Not sure if this is of any help or if I have misunderstood you, but if the screen you are looking at is the one with the disclaimer/warning message .... You should see a white dot in your view that moves with your head .... Move your head so that dot is on the large rectangle at the bottom of the warning message....keep the dot in that rectangle for a few seconds and then the game might load...it's like a button you have to press to accept the warning message.

This is what happens when elite dangerous starts ... I don't have the oculus version of PC cars so it might not be the same thing here though. Good luck and hope this helps.
All I see is a screen with project cars logo floating in the middle with please wait under it. Nothing else

RaceNut
03-04-2016, 16:10
All I see is a screen with project cars logo floating in the middle with please wait under it. Nothing else
Have you tried alt-tab to see if Oculus Store has gotten past the warning dialog?

DUMBUNNY360
28-05-2016, 19:47
I recently got my Cv1 I have been having trouble finding the right settings to get optimal performance and best graphics quality. I have an AMD 8150 & GTX Titan X I have tried all different driver settings and in game settings but can not find any that work good. Is there a list of recommended settings both visual and virtual reality settings in game and driver settings? Also when I am in game what is the correct world scale setting for the Oculus to achieve 1:1 scale? I am currently using .85 ,but not sure if that is correct. I am thinking I may need to upgrade my CPU I currently achieve about 65% CPU usage & 80-85% GPU usage. Is my Titan X good enough to continue using the Oculus or do I need to upgrade to the new GTX 1080? I am not sure what I need to buy to improve my experience. I have my eye on the Intel 6700k,but not sure if I should wait for the AMD Zen CPU. I need some suggestions!