PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone enjoying the latest cars?

Willy Makit
30-10-2015, 22:21
I have to say I am LOVING them!!! I of course bought the DLC ones too, and they are all simply amazing. Awesome job PCars. Keep'em coming :cool:

MacPhisto
30-10-2015, 22:33
I have to admit the Toyota LMP surprised me even though I have read about it. I love it.

Willy Makit
30-10-2015, 22:39
I have to admit the Toyota LMP surprised me even though I have read about it. I love it.
Yes, they had that same car in Gran Turismo 6, and it was awesome in that game when set up properly.

hkraft300
30-10-2015, 23:57
Didn't GT6 have the TS030?
I haven't driven the 86/variants. The TS040 is bloody quick though.

Sasquatch
31-10-2015, 04:15
GT6 definitely had the TS030.

I tried pcars with a controller and it makes me cringe. Thrustmaster needs to send my wheel back ASAP. :(

Photonmonkey
31-10-2015, 06:31
Loving them all, cannot believe all the hate on these forums for road cars, in my books they can be more fun to throw around than full race spec cars. Having said that the LMP is quite fun to drive. Having the most fun at the moment thrashing the Evo's around though, weirdly I love cars that pitch and roll a bit under heavy load :) keep it coming SMS

Borez
31-10-2015, 09:23
Love the TS040 apart from the fact the tail is super twitchy out of corners. Moving the weight bias backwards didn't seem to help either.

Couldn't get it to work at all at Spa at all though when I ran a world Championship with the car, it just completely runs out of steam over the top of Eau Rouge.

ScorpionR3D
31-10-2015, 10:34
GT6 definitely had the TS030.

I tried pcars with a controller and it makes me cringe. Thrustmaster needs to send my wheel back ASAP. :(

Same here, when did you send yours?

the-D-
31-10-2015, 10:39
Everyone sends their wheel back to thrustmaster, they should put that in their adverts,...cheating bastards!!!

biggbaddwolf
31-10-2015, 14:22
I am forced to use the controller, so controller it is...I know someone who races in GT6, and he uses the directional pad for steering, and he kicks some serious butt. He is good :)

Machinist90
31-10-2015, 14:25
the rocketbunny GT4 is fun to slide about with,pushing it to the limit

Paulzx
31-10-2015, 15:30
I am forced to use the controller, so controller it is...I know someone who races in GT6, and he uses the directional pad for steering, and he kicks some serious butt. He is good :)

I run a GT6 racing series, most of those guys use a pad, and on Project Cars. Whilst no one considers that to be as good as a wheel, they are all fast enough to win
against the wheel guys using their controllers

hkraft300
31-10-2015, 16:20
Love the TS040 apart from the fact the tail is super twitchy out of corners. Moving the weight bias backwards didn't seem to help either.

Couldn't get it to work at all at Spa at all though when I ran a world Championship with the car, it just completely runs out of steam over the top of Eau Rouge.

Casey said the torque output is limited to 1600Nm.
1600. The silly thing kicks sideways in 6th gear at 200kmh around turn 3 at Catalunya.
The tail is twitchy on exit because you have so much torque kicking through the rear tires.
I thought the TDi had torque... But the TS040 is homicidal ;)

Beatminister
31-10-2015, 19:20
I was pleasantly surprised, I admit. I would have liked a old Supra, but these care are much fun, too. Most of all the hybrid LMP1! I tried it in Spa, and it performed almost like a F1. That electric boost really makes a difference. And its amazing to see how effective the energy retrieval works. One hard braking after a straight, and it nearly fully charged again. Also the handling is excellent, kinda F1 style, as I said.
A nice package for the price. Although I would have loved a new track as well, this scottish road course, or even better some ovals... :)

Haiden
31-10-2015, 21:59
Love the Toyota GT4 Rocket Bunny. The Scion Rocket Bunny model isn't bad either. Gonna try the LMP tonight.

M-Bimmer
31-10-2015, 22:10
Not bad at all. :cool:

http://youtu.be/bHFGWpTsFpA

hkraft300
31-10-2015, 23:42
Love the Toyota GT4 Rocket Bunny. The Scion Rocket Bunny model isn't bad either. Gonna try the LMP tonight.

It has higher corner speeds than other LMP1 cars and accelerates like its arse is on fire.
So just remember to brake a touch earlier than you would because you're approaching every corner so much faster.

M-Bimmer
01-11-2015, 16:25
Just took part in battle bunny at Watkins Glen and will surely give the event a proper long session.

http://youtu.be/Lz7SMQilj_k

Slexlaw
02-11-2015, 02:32
I don't know. The free Scion seems sloooooow to me. At least around Bathurst.
Still tossing up whether to buy the pack for the old school Mitsies.

cosmicamnesia
02-11-2015, 03:58
The FRS, GT86, etc, do handle quite well and I've had fun with them so far, but my god, there is no curing the poop sound of those boxer engines. SMS did a fantastic job recreating these cars and their sounds, but I almost wish they would have just put a different engine in them for the game, despite reality lol. Lowish redline and that awful toneless howl & grunt, sounds about right. Great job SMS, and a truly great addition to the game. It definitely needed some tuner style JDM cars. How about a gen 1 Civic Type R at some point? It could be a hot hatch DLC pack with that, the Mini JCW Challenge car and something else. The Mini is the most important though :). I will forever be holding out for a Mini JCW Challenge car DLC that has all 3 generations of the JCW Challenge race cars. They're basically just Mini Touring Cars, and they would fit in well with other Touring classes.

rw02kr43
02-11-2015, 14:04
I still don't have it showing in the game. I've also searched and I don't see it.

WizardOfOz
02-11-2015, 15:42
I still don't have it showing in the game. I've also searched and I don't see it.

I found it by going into PCars , then in race control 2nd page there is a app store. then look in addons and it will appear on page 2 & 3

Schnizz58
02-11-2015, 15:48
I ran the GT86 in an invitational series the other day and it was a lot of fun. I tried out both of the Rocket Bunnies at Watkins Glen and I liked the Toyota but didn't really care for the way the Scion handled. Haven't tried tuning it yet though.

rams1de
02-11-2015, 21:05
Haven't tried them all yet and have been a bit surprised.

I like the GT86 on softer tyres, contrary to what I expected has more feel than the hards which just seem dead to me.

The GT4 Rocket Bunny is very light at the front, reminds me of a loose GT6 set up. Disappointed it doesn't match up with other cars in the class so I'm unlikely to be driving it much in future.

Thought the Scion rocket bunny would be really wild with all that power in a road car but it's very understeery and much more fun on hard tyres. Would have liked to adjust the downforce but the settings are locked and, bizarrely, read 0|0.

The TME is just plain crazy, wants to spend more time on three wheels than four.

I think the livery choices for the Toyota/Scion are the best in game, some lovely designs to compliment what is already a great looking car. Love the Rays Volk rims too.

JB5
05-11-2015, 11:58
Japanese carpack is crap, really disappointed. LMP Toyota ok but gt86 and variants? Come on it's ok having one but how many versions?! It's a decent handling car (in real life anyway) but underpowered with an uninspiring engine. What the car pack should have is Honda. But I know they need the licence.