PDA

View Full Version : Option - turn Vsync - ON

madmav
01-11-2015, 10:14
I know that Vsync can introduce input lag and all but please let us have the option to turn it on. The screen tear on the PS4 version is so annoying. I play games on PC and all, and Vsync is not a game breaker but screen tear is!. The console cannot maintain 60fps and we all know it. Even after 10 patches it won't. This is the power of the PS4 and it's limited to that result. So let us decide Vsync vs Screen tear.

Fre.Mo
01-11-2015, 20:08
I share the same advice.
I search fluidity and I prefer to have a 60fps game with less details. It would be great if on console we could be allowed to display less spectators, trees, firetrucks, buildings... and have No tearing.

SUBGTRACER
01-11-2015, 22:05
The only track I have tearing is the point to point coast tracks and its minimal at best ................

What screens are you guys using ...

Fre.Mo
02-11-2015, 06:59
I don t think it comes from the screen. In my opinion it is game related.
I use a Pioneer plasma.

madmav
02-11-2015, 21:39
Screen Tear is not impacted by the screen you use. This is a problem when displaying video content and not syncing each frame to the refresh rate of the monitor. Ideally running 60 fps all the time and not Vsyncing is working fine (with a 60hz display), but as the frames get's fewer or more you get the effect. Vsync will add more latency but will smooth out the problem.

SUBGTRACER
02-11-2015, 21:43
I only ask that question as I have no obvious screen tearing