PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Grinding/Vibration Bug (Video Incuded)

Liquid7394
01-11-2015, 12:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1hvPORo-8

The above above video shows a wheel grinding bug that occurs on rare occasions. The video isn't very long since I didn't want to damage my wheel.

Important info:

Wheel used is the Thrustmaster T300
The 'grinding' bug only happens at a certain steering angle
The only way to fix it is to either exit the session or unplug the wheel
It happens on a variety of tracks and cars, so it most likely happens on all of them
When the bug happens it feels like constantly driving over a rumble strip and the wheel gets stiff which gives it a 'grinding' feel
Never happens on other games

Below are my global FFB settings and car specific FFB. To be clear, I have encountered this bug with a variety of different FFB settings.

VR-Mustard
01-11-2015, 12:16
This is one of those bugs that's been with us from the beginning. This is the main BUG in this game so WHY IS IT NOT BEING FIXED???

Not only is the game a buggy mess but it's also breaking wheels wtf.
Also is it me or have they given us more grip? Why do game developers always dumb down there games after a few months?

This games pretty good when it works but I'm afraid Iracing seems to be the future for quite a lot of the top drivers atm.

svenvangent
01-11-2015, 12:36
Have the same problem with my T300 RS .
Man ..... is this really breaking the wheels ...pffff thats no good .

Liquid7394
01-11-2015, 12:39
I didn't say it was breaking my wheel. I just didn't want to risk any damage by making a lengthy video. I've had this bug many times since launch and my wheel works perfectly fine.

Fight-Test
01-11-2015, 12:47
It's not breaking any wheels. Just exit to pit and go back on track and it's gone.

svenvangent
01-11-2015, 13:07
I didn't say it was you who sad it did I ?
I was referring to VR-Mustard written sentence " Not only is the game a buggy mess but it's also breaking wheels wtf "
So that is concerning me may I .... ? ........ thank you .

Umer Ahmad
01-11-2015, 13:36
reported to devs, thanks for the report and video.

VR-Mustard
01-11-2015, 13:50
I didn't say it was breaking my wheel. I just didn't want to risk any damage by making a lengthy video. I've had this bug many times since launch and my wheel works perfectly fine.

You didn't say that it's breaking the wheels no but you to obviously have reservations regarding this has you stated 'i don't want to risk any damage' thing is on our website alone we have several members who have all needed to send their wheels back because of this grinding eventually damaging wheels. BTW there was nothing wrong with the wheels when these guys where on other simracing titles.

VR-Mustard
01-11-2015, 13:55
I'll get all the members from Vrroom who's been effected by this problem to share their experiences and see what they have to say when the development team say that this isn't the case. Ģ350 for a wheel that works fine on every other racing title but this one. We know where the problem is.

Fight-Test
01-11-2015, 15:26
As far as the thrustmaster guys just running way too much ffb and that is what is ruining the wheels. I think alot of guys read jacks thread and put those numbers in the ffb in the thrustmaster was way to high and fading after about 10 mins, getting way to hot and leading to further issues. Whatever route you take to get the ffb correct just careful having the TF and FF too high. I have seen alot of guys wheel go up in flames over time from this. Especially when the game came out and no had a clue how to set up wheels. The typical grinding thing has been going on for while and happens maybe once a week but rarely since one of the recent updates. Now if you have the calibration issue that i talk about next you might get it the grind twice a day or more.

If you get the calibration bug thing, idk if it has a name but the one where you have to do a motor calibration to get the ffb to full strength, then you will experience the grinding alot more and after each time the strength of wheel is reduced and you have to re-calibrate the wheel motor with the motor calibration tool software. This is also a sign that your wheel is broken even if you can get it working correctly after the motor calibration. To be clear this is different than the software you use for the thrustmaster to check software version and update it. Presumably this issue has been fixed on new wheels sometime over summer but the older ones are still susceptible to this issue. Once you get it, film it and call thrustmaster asap. Alot of guys have this and don't even know it unless the calibration when you turn wheel on is messed up. This sounds like what your guys are getting if they get grind alot. It can also mess up and work for months without doing weird calibration but the wheel is about half strength. Just keep in mind as soon as you feel grind just go to pit or if its start of race just back out. Its not worth running a race with that grind. Very possible that that racing with the grind could cause issues but I would never do that or have I. Just back out.

This is what it looks like when you get calibration failure issue. Now you could unplug and it work fine after this. Or you could do the software for the motor and fix (short term). Or you just jump on the next time and it feels normal but weak. You turn up other stuff to compensate but never will it feel like it did before. All the details are gone. Also some times it just moves slow to both sides or just goes to one side. Alot of post you can find about it but the only true fix it to have wheel replaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIe7JNaRM8k

EDIT: I have a t300 and run 3 to 4 hours a day. The last month I have played twice that and the grind happens maybe once a week or less. Other guys might have different experiences but I run with alot of guys and we have similar situations and it actually seems way less frequent lately. THis is what leads me to thing that if guys are having alot grind issues their wheels might be done.

Liquid7394
01-11-2015, 16:30
It's not breaking any wheels. Just exit to pit and go back on track and it's gone.
Tried that. It doesn't work for me all the time unfortunately.

svenvangent
01-11-2015, 16:41
The issue with fading off the wheel I don't have because :

A : Tyres off the Force is at 73 .
B : Force to the Feet and Back is at 60 .

I'm happy with these settings but the grinding/vibration (well explained by the way ) comes regular back , going back to the garage solves the problem but if you are just at the start of a online race and it happens ..... than you are .... it is a bit annoying at least .
Hope they can fix this for the T300 RS trust in the master .

VR-Mustard
01-11-2015, 17:36
Just to clarify.. My ffb settings have from day one been set at 70% and i don't use that SOP/LATERAL nonsense. My wheel is default except for the dead zones. So are you telling me that i can't use 70% before i start getting clipping??

VR-Mustard
01-11-2015, 17:40
Trying to replicate seat of pants movement (SOP) through a wheel probably hasn't helped here either.. Just a thought.

Schnizz58
01-11-2015, 18:35
Xbox guys are having this problem too.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35055-TX-wheel-ffb-corruption&p=1077988&viewfull=1#post1077988

Zeke Bewlay
01-11-2015, 22:40
Also it happens on Fanatecs so not just Thrustmaster

chig88
02-11-2015, 09:28
I'm getting this way more often now. Played for an hour yesterday & had to restart sessions 4 times because of this. Then I got a blue screen crash.

Switched the console off, switched off & put away the wheel. Getting a bit fed up of the game at the moment to be honest.

VR-Mustard
02-11-2015, 15:55
I've been talking about this bug since the games release and so have many others so my question is why is it taking this long before anyone is going to look into it? Because someone posted a video? It makes no sense, surely this must have happened to one of the development teams at some point so why is it that it's only now this is going to be looked into?

Schnizz58
02-11-2015, 16:09
I'm getting this way more often now.
It seems to come and go or perhaps it's more likely with certain cars. A couple of months ago, I was getting it 2-3 times per 10 sessions. Now I hardly ever experience it.

hitmanvega
02-11-2015, 16:17
Same problem. Happens very randomly though.

redruMKO
02-11-2015, 16:35
I'm on PS4 G29 and I'd say about 1 in 6 starts this happens.

I want to say 1 in 1O, but it happened twice in a row a couple of times even. Feels more like "dice odds".

wyldanimal
03-11-2015, 04:11
reported to devs, thanks for the report and video.

This is the Same as I had posted way back when... May 27th..
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29151-PS4-FFB-Monitor-HUD-White-Line-T300RS

It was supposed to have been Fixed in one of the Patches, but all that Fix did was Get rid of displaying the White Line.
The Canned Vibration Still happens from time to time, Only Now It's Displayed on the Yellow Graph.

You get the Effect only when the front tires Scrub.

For Me,
I'd prefer the Ability to Turn the Effect On or Off.
I sort of Like being able to feel the Tire Scrub.

http://youtu.be/71QpxTAFizM

http://youtu.be/71QpxTAFizM

PS:
to anyone concerned if it will damage your Wheel.
it won't

wyldanimal
03-11-2015, 04:22
As far as the thrustmaster guys just running way too much ffb and that is what is ruining the wheels. I think alot of guys read jacks thread and put those numbers in the ffb in the thrustmaster was way to high and fading after about 10 mins, getting way to hot and leading to further issues. Whatever route you take to get the ffb correct just careful having the TF and FF too high. I have seen alot of guys wheel go up in flames over time from this. Especially when the game came out and no had a clue how to set up wheels. The typical grinding thing has been going on for while and happens maybe once a week but rarely since one of the recent updates. Now if you have the calibration issue that i talk about next you might get it the grind twice a day or more.

If you get the calibration bug thing, idk if it has a name but the one where you have to do a motor calibration to get the ffb to full strength, then you will experience the grinding alot more and after each time the strength of wheel is reduced and you have to re-calibrate the wheel motor with the motor calibration tool software. This is also a sign that your wheel is broken even if you can get it working correctly after the motor calibration. To be clear this is different than the software you use for the thrustmaster to check software version and update it. Presumably this issue has been fixed on new wheels sometime over summer but the older ones are still susceptible to this issue. Once you get it, film it and call thrustmaster asap. Alot of guys have this and don't even know it unless the calibration when you turn wheel on is messed up. This sounds like what your guys are getting if they get grind alot. It can also mess up and work for months without doing weird calibration but the wheel is about half strength. Just keep in mind as soon as you feel grind just go to pit or if its start of race just back out. Its not worth running a race with that grind. Very possible that that racing with the grind could cause issues but I would never do that or have I. Just back out.

This is what it looks like when you get calibration failure issue. Now you could unplug and it work fine after this. Or you could do the software for the motor and fix (short term). Or you just jump on the next time and it feels normal but weak. You turn up other stuff to compensate but never will it feel like it did before. All the details are gone. Also some times it just moves slow to both sides or just goes to one side. Alot of post you can find about it but the only true fix it to have wheel replaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIe7JNaRM8k

EDIT: I have a t300 and run 3 to 4 hours a day. The last month I have played twice that and the grind happens maybe once a week or less. Other guys might have different experiences but I run with alot of guys and we have similar situations and it actually seems way less frequent lately. THis is what leads me to thing that if guys are having alot grind issues their wheels might be done.

Not to 100% disagree with your diagnosis... some wheels users might have similar Vibrations not coming from the Game.

but if it's Showing up on the FFB monitor Graph,
It's Coming from the GAME and Not from the Wheels Firmware or Calibration.

If you See it in the Graph, then the GAME is SENDING it to the Wheel.
So the Cause of what the OP reported, and what I had reported are GAME issues and not Wheel issues.

chig88
03-11-2015, 10:16
It was supposed to have been Fixed in one of the Patches, but all that Fix did was Get rid of displaying the White Line.
The Canned Vibration Still happens from time to time, Only Now It's Displayed on the Yellow Graph

So you no longer get the white line? Because every time I get this bug the white line is definitely still there.

I have to restart the session twice (literally, it always has to be twice) to get rid of it.

VR-Mustard
03-11-2015, 14:13
Yep me to

VR-Mustard
03-11-2015, 14:16
Point is this bugs been the main problem with this game from the beginning and its astounding how many guys have given up on this game because of it. This should have beenone of the first things fixed.

VR-42
06-11-2015, 07:49
This is my biggest bugbear, I run near default wheel settings and get this bug at least once a night.
As a unpaid carer I am terrified my wheel will fail as there is no way I could afford to replace it.
Come on sms please get this one sorted

Sankyo
06-11-2015, 08:49
... its astounding how many guys have given up on this game because of it...
Could you please stop using hyperboles in every comment you post on these forums? It's getting tiresome.

Liquid7394
07-11-2015, 22:38
If this is just canned FFB it should be an easy enough fix, no?

wyldanimal
08-11-2015, 22:50
Played last night.. using my T300 Wheel.. ( doesn't make a diff. it happens with the G29 too )
had this ( caned Vibration? )
and the NO FFB issue a couple times.

Also the White Line on the FFB HUD is back this time.
only happens when the front tires are scrubbing.

Wish this could be sorted, Plus make it an option that can be turned On..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcRLPvEcVBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcRLPvEcVBg

rams1de
08-11-2015, 23:26
Before today, I'd only experienced this in one session and when I did, I was able to reproduce it again. There was no white line in the HUD but the vibration and its graphic representation was there to see. On that occasion it was caused by settings on the diff. High Accel lock in the rain at Silverstone.

Experienced it three times today when experimenting with arm angles on the Focus and Megane. Again, no white line but heavy saturation of fast-acting spikes when on the tarmac.

chig88
09-11-2015, 09:54
Becoming worse with every session playing the game for me.

Practicing for a league race at Brands Hatch with the Mercedes 300SL I was getting it at least 50% of the times I returned to the pits to make a setup change. Did the race itself last night & got the bug straight away in qualifying. Exited the session & returned only to find the FFB had gone completely. Had to unplug the wheel & restart it to get it to work again.

I'm using the Jack Spade Fy/SoP Lateral settings. FFB set at 100 & Tyre Force at 65.

Would be great if someone from SMS could try this (on a PS4) & give some feedback as to whether this can be fixed or not because it's becoming somewhat tiresome.

EDIT: I've also tried a database rebuild & it doesn't help.

Sankyo
09-11-2015, 11:01
I've been told that using the Classic FFB preset should help/solve this. Problem is that the devs cannot repro this, so it would be good to hear what exactly in the FFB set-up makes this issue pop up or get worse.

chig88
09-11-2015, 11:07
I've been told that using the Classic FFB preset should help/solve this. Problem is that the devs cannot repro this, so it would be good to hear what exactly in the FFB set-up makes this issue pop up or get worse.

So this is the Jack Spade settings causing the problem then?

It would be nice to know exactly what it is from the devs - this bug has been there from the beginning & the fact it's taken this long to even get a hint on how to avoid it isn't on really.

Sankyo
09-11-2015, 11:12

It would be nice to know exactly what it is from the devs - this bug has been there from the beginning & the fact it's taken this long to even get a hint on how to avoid it isn't on really.
I hear that there may be something in the tyre model as well coming in a future fix that could get this under control. In the meanwhile, some testing from people running into this bug whether default Classic FFB resolves this (to some extent) and whether certain FFB parameters influence this would be appreciated very much.

wyldanimal
10-11-2015, 01:41

I hear that there may be something in the tyre model as well coming in a future fix that could get this under control. In the meanwhile, some testing from people running into this bug whether default Classic FFB resolves this (to some extent) and whether certain FFB parameters influence this would be appreciated very much.

Not using JS settings at all..
I adjust my Global FFB, and then for each Car I make tweaks.
Most Cars I use the Same Setting for the entire class.

I Can't tell you which setting might make it show up, and I've not the time to make and adjust things one at a time, just to try and figure it out..
That's what the DEV's get paid for..
Let them spend a couple weeks testing and tuning and tweaking and recording the data.
Buy a couple PS4's and G29's and T300's
set up a couple employees to TEST the crap out of it..
8 hours a day, tune and Tweak, and test, till they figure it out.

Ravellron
12-11-2015, 11:32
not using jack spades settings too.
all default except ff 80, tf 50 and steering gain 0.90,it happened to me with Formula gulf in Dubai in career mode in race 2 in qualifing session.

Fre.Mo
12-11-2015, 13:07
It also happened to me during some races whereas is was fine during qualif session.

Spitfire77
12-11-2015, 19:00
I had this bug this morning. I did not realize it is a different bug than the older one where we would see a second line on the FFB telemetry. This morning when it happened I clicked on the telemetry and the FFB line was just like the OP's video when going around turns - felt like there was a giant vibrator being turned on that was attached to the steering column.

Was running online races this morning. My FFB settings are in my signature.
Formula Rookie - Oulton Park Fosters
10 min qualifying (no issue)
6 lap race with rolling start - issue happened as soon as the light went green and lasted the full race.
Online rules used can be seen in this post. - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41924-PS4-Pacific-(PST)-Weekday-Morning-Sprint-Spec-Racing-Casual-No-Points&p=1168329&viewfull=1#post1168329

Next session the issue was gone - did not have to unplug or restart anything.

Ravellron
13-11-2015, 09:14
maybe SMS have fixed it with last patch (6.0)

- Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.

Jack Spade
13-11-2015, 09:32
There are 2 sorts of grinding in game, #1 is a Fx, Mz spin-off that becomes really obvious when driving slow, can be cured with Fx,Mz Low Pass = smoothing.
#2 seems an occasional issue, session restart is required to stop it, had it on PC just twice.

Schnizz58
13-11-2015, 14:58

- Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
Maybe but I don't think so. It happens to me right out of the pit exit when the tire are brand new.

wyldanimal
13-11-2015, 17:00

Maybe but I don't think so. It happens to me right out of the pit exit when the tire are brand new.

Exactly.. When the Issue Happens, It's there from the start. Right out of the Pits, or at the start of the race.
Has nothing to do with the wear on the tires..
Some type of Built in FFB signal sent only when the front tires are scrubbing.
too fast in a turn and the front tires are fighting for grip.

this sends a Canned FFB signal to the wheel.

Sometimes it shows up as the extra white line on the FFB hud, and other times it shows up on the Yellow Line.

A quick exit and restart usually fixes it.

Schnizz58
13-11-2015, 20:15
I had it happen twice in a row in a practice session driving a BMW 320 TC at Oschersleben last night. The first restart didn't fix it but the second one did. I've never seen it show up as a white line in the HUD but it definitely did in the yellow one. It didn't re-appear in the qualy or in the race itself.

Gravit8
14-11-2015, 02:47
I'm getting this way more often now. Played for an hour yesterday & had to restart sessions 4 times because of this. Then I got a blue screen crash.

Switched the console off, switched off & put away the wheel. Getting a bit fed up of the game at the moment to be honest.

Your probably best served by making sure your wheel fries before the warranty expires? Two for 1 at least.
But yeah, anytime I get grinding, I have to exit the session. It feels really bad for the wheel. And it comes right back after pit attempts. Requires hard reset of event.

chig88
15-11-2015, 19:29
And here I am fresh from yet another race completely ruined by this.

Practiced all week for a league race & didn't get the bug once. Qualified no problem as well.

Hit the gas at the green light and, you guessed it..... the wheel is buzzing like a fucking sex toy.

Also no surprise that this still isn't mentioned in the patch notes for 6.0. Total pisstake.

Gravit8
16-11-2015, 02:23
And here I am fresh from yet another race completely ruined by this.

Practiced all week for a league race & didn't get the bug once. Qualified no problem as well.

Hit the gas at the green light and, you guessed it..... the wheel is buzzing like a fucking sex toy.

Also no surprise that this still isn't mentioned in the patch notes for 6.0. Total pisstake.

Isn't this a thrustmaster issue though? Honestly?
I get it infrequently, but I'm sure as I age it more, it will exhibit this behavior more.
Isn't it specific to this one device? T300,s or 500's. Belt driven opposable motor things?

I think the reason it's so random is its wheel related to either over heating or weird software issues?
I've seen a post suggest that a simple screen shot of the canned FfB and video of malfunctioning device may warrant exchange from TM. But I haven't yet researched the validity of that yet or seen any other posts like it.
Can't be 100 percent sure that only thrustmaster wheels do it. But I don't spend a lot of time looking at what's wrong with other wheels. I just haven't noticed any with this specific problem

Spitfire77
16-11-2015, 02:51
I get it infrequently, but I'm sure as I age it more, it will exhibit this behavior more.
Isn't it specific to this one device? T300,s or 500's. Belt driven opposable motor things?

I think the reason it's so random is its wheel related to either over heating or weird software issues?
I've seen a post suggest that a simple screen shot of the canned FfB and video of malfunctioning device may warrant exchange from TM. But I haven't yet researched the validity of that yet or seen any other posts like it.
Can't be 100 percent sure that only thrustmaster wheels do it. But I don't spend a lot of time looking at what's wrong with other wheels. I just haven't noticed any with this specific problem

No, it happens on all wheels and both consoles. Pretty sure on pc as well.

Fre.Mo
16-11-2015, 08:39
Maybe it will be solved in the next patch with the updated tyre model? but the grinding/vibration issue occurs at the begining of the race when tyres are new...

* Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.

chig88
16-11-2015, 09:30

Definitely not a Thrustmaster problem. Have used the wheel no problem on several other games, this only happens on Project CARS. Have also seen reports of it happening with other wheels.

Have heard several WMD members saying that this is a problem that has been around for a long time (since the development phase), and just never rectified. Given the absolute lack of feedback on the issue I suspect they don't know what's causing it, or are unwilling/unable to fix it.

alegunner68
18-11-2015, 19:47
Same problem here, been doing it on and off for months now but happened about six times last night.
As others have said, resetting to pits sorts it but it's a right pain if you have it in a race.
(T300 ps4)

lancashirelad
18-11-2015, 23:13
I'm getting really bad wheel shake with the lotus 49 while waiting for green light after patch 6. Goes into a spasm. Tried turning off ps4 and resetting force feedback to default but no luck. T300 rs . This is on solo race at le mans and tried it at spa with same results. Also looked like the ai had slicks on replay while I had vintage with tread.

VR-42
21-11-2015, 12:09
I had the worst vibration yet last week, I just pulled the plug quickly to avoid damage.
It was at the start of a league race that make it so frustrating.
This needs fixing guys
Please

vahagn_hayk
21-11-2015, 17:59
happens to G29, T100, T150 and T300 users, have not had grinding on CSW V2

vahagn_hayk
21-11-2015, 18:01
I'm getting really bad wheel shake with the l
otus 49 while waiting for green light after patch 6. Goes into a spasm. Tried turning off ps4 and resetting force feedback to default but no luck. T300 rs . This is on solo race at le mans and tried it at spa with same results. Also looked like the ai had slicks on replay while I had vintage with tread.
strange, in other threads same with other wheels have beeb reported with classic lotus cars and wheel oscillation as well. (G29 and CSW V2 users)

Doge
24-11-2015, 00:46
This game really breaks wheels. And not because of this bug, but because of the wheel violently hitting full lock as you exit a session and it starts turning for no reason. Now left full lock is sticky, the wheel struggles to get out of it during calibration.

Fre.Mo
24-11-2015, 06:55
Vibrations during race one more time, with Aston GTE, whereas it was ok during qualif session...

vahagn_hayk
24-11-2015, 13:59
thats why for pCARS i turn down FFB to 30-60 max, TF=30-60 max, steering gain=0.98-1.00 and then in game just work with Master Scale and SoP Scale to avoid damages/ or crazy wrist hurting oscillations and FFB backlashes.

after a full weekend of testing, with pCARS on T300, G29 and CSW V2+CSP V2, i can say only console PS4 (did not feel like testing on XB1) has issues with FFB loss, various FFB issues and random changes in feel of FFB.

did same wheels on 1st and 2nd rig PC's, in Assetto, pCARS, rF2, R3E, GSCE...yes had to figure it out and get it all working, but once done, i could exit games, restart PC's, go into one gAme, exit go into next game, sessions changes, quick race, practice and online (for what they can online...) and never once did i have FFB issue, loss of FFB or random stuff happen. (and have to add here, pCARS PC version for me personally lightyears smoother and nicer than PS4 version!)

so at least for my own mind and knowing that i tested it, pCARS on console PS4, 100% has FFB issues or bugs/ glitches!!

Liquid7394
25-11-2015, 20:57
Had this bug again during practice for a league race, I had to exit the session to fix it.

This and the crashing issue need to be made a priority.

Javi001
27-11-2015, 13:14
Hey!!! Since my first T300 died using 100FFB & 100TF (really stiff)
Now i use the the default values for this 2 settings 100TF 75FFB the wheel feels great but still have the same issue since day ONE, those weird vibrations only when turning the wheel when the car is moving.
I though that since the 5.0 update that was solved since i was in career mode going thru the whole season in FA with no issues at all. Now i back with LMP3 LMP2 road cars and it came back again.
Tested the wheel with other games and it works just fine.
COME ON!!!!!! love the game but what is a racing game without a wheel!!!!
1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 a shit load of fixes but still aint working. I think it would be nice to spend less time and resources in adding cars and tracks and ....

Sankyo
27-11-2015, 14:02
Hey!!! Since my first T300 died using 100FFB & 100TF (really stiff)
Now i use the the default values for this 2 settings 100TF 75FFB the wheel feels great but still have the same issue since day ONE, those weird vibrations only when turning the wheel when the car is moving.
I though that since the 5.0 update that was solved since i was in career mode going thru the whole season in FA with no issues at all. Now i back with LMP3 LMP2 road cars and it came back again.
Tested the wheel with other games and it works just fine.
COME ON!!!!!! love the game but what is a racing game without a wheel!!!!
1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 a shit load of fixes but still aint working. I think it would be nice to spend less time and resources in adding cars and tracks and ....
Are you using any FFB Tweakers?

morpwr
27-11-2015, 14:19
Check the t300 forum. I may be on to something with this.

chig88
27-11-2015, 14:34

I know your hands are tied Remco, but is this really the only response we are ever going to get on this?

Several people have said they're getting the issue without tweakers so it's not like you're narrowing it down by asking this.

Just seems to be the 'look - we're paying attention' response. Could we have some actual feedback on why this is happening? SMS programmed the forces going to the wheel, surely someone has an inkling?

Sankyo
27-11-2015, 14:36
I know your hands are tied Remco, but is this really the only response we are ever going to get on this?

Several people have said they're getting the issue without tweakers so it's not like you're narrowing it down by asking this.

Just seems to be the 'look - we're paying attention' response. Could we have some actual feedback on why this is happening? SMS programmed the forces going to the wheel, surely someone has an inkling?

The devs have not been able to reproduce this yet.

chig88
27-11-2015, 14:40
The devs have not been able to reproduce this till now.

a) I'm staggered as to how that is possible. I've seen in plenty of other threads WMD members saying it's been present all the way through development (even the FFB guru Jack Spade says above that he's had it).

b) Does that mean that they have now reproduced it?

Sankyo
27-11-2015, 14:42
a) I'm staggered as to how that is possible. I've seen in plenty of other threads WMD members saying it's been present all the way through development (even the FFB guru Jack Spade says above that he's had it).

a) The buzzing appeared several times during development, but was fixed every time. It was caused by different things. So I'm pretty sure that what we have now is not the same issue, only the symptom is the same.

b) Nope. Posting edited for clarification.

RomKnight
27-11-2015, 14:46
This does not happen with just T300. This happens on CSWv2 as well BUT very rare and the only update I have is that it does not happen when changing sessions. Last time was with the lotus 51 the day the dlc came out and I just went to the pist (via ESC key) change something (i don't recall what) press DRIVE and on Rouen T1 bang! there was the rumble while turning.
ESC to pits aging, press DRIVE and problem gone.

Maybe something passing from AI physics to player physics. Damn I wish the pit stuff wasn't automatic :(

Either that or something loading FFB

PS: I don't use any tweaker. Never had except on development days and the rest in on my .sig

Javi001
27-11-2015, 14:56

Yes the 66%

Sankyo
27-11-2015, 15:31
Yes the 66%
Could you try without tweakers, and see if using the Default or Classic FFB presets makes any difference?

vahagn_hayk
27-11-2015, 15:53
grinding/ vibration still happens randomly across all tracks, playing with buddies who have T100, T150, T300, G29 and CSW V2 (rarely on the Fanatec!!) and has nothing to do with TF or FFB, had guys test it for it specifically, lower FFB and lower TF still happens, it sucks because if it is practice or quali, yes u can be lucky to just return to pit 1-3x times and all is good, if it happens when race starts, well u are sh** out of luck, you can call it then, because you won't be able to drive as it feels and sounds like the wheel base it going to grind itself to destruction!

PS: good thing is and have the luxury of being able to get hands on from family and friends, currently on: T100, T150, T300, G29 ans CSW V2 with CSP V2 and V3. (i have fanatec and g29 setups) and rest i can get within short notice to test, since i was helping them with FFB tuning/ tweaking. (using sheet from poirqc & dilluvian) and FCM by skoader

@Remco - also on pure default grinding and vibrations happen.

vahagn_hayk
27-11-2015, 15:58

apparently since 2013...

Javi001
27-11-2015, 16:21
Could you try without tweakers, and see if using the Default or Classic FFB presets makes any difference?

Ill Try tonight!!! But it's difficult since it does no happen every time.

Liquid7394
27-11-2015, 19:15
Is it not possible to just remove canned FFB?

vahagn_hayk
01-12-2015, 15:29
they can't figure out what it is caused by at least from what I have read and understood on/ across dozens of threads on this topic and not reproducable, so this will be around for a while and thats why pcars is not a game I play anymore. ruins leagues, races and even career mode, since randomly you can't even get rid of the grinding...

GrimeyDog
01-12-2015, 16:00
That Seems Like Tire Scrubbing... Listen to your Car tires when that Happens... When at low Speed i Can Hear the Tires Scrubbing when that Happens.

Also that Check your Relative and Scoop Settings.... But yes Every Now and then My Wheel will do Random things... its usually after i sit in the Pits for a while Spectating then go back to Track...I wonder if the wheel trys to disconnect /Time out due to lack of user input... I dunno it doesnt Happen often but i make sure to touch a button on the wheel or Push the pedals every 3 min or so while just sitting there.

redruMKO
01-12-2015, 17:44
I was getting this regularly [about one in ten starts]. With all kinds of FFB setups, including default at times, since I started playing in June.

But after a full wipe and update when the last patch came, I dont think it has happened once!

Liquid7394
01-12-2015, 17:57
It's already been said it's canned FFB relating to tyre scrubbing. Full wipes don't do anything for the most part, and no one should have to do that after every patch.

GrimeyDog
01-12-2015, 18:23
After updates Full wipe always sets my FFB back to Norm... Works for Me

Liquid7394
01-12-2015, 19:29
My FFB is fine, that's not the issue. The issue is that this canned FFB randomly appears at times and ruins races, other than that my FFB is great. No amount of wiping will get rid of it, I know because I've tried.

ChrisK
02-12-2015, 11:57
My FFB is fine, that's not the issue. The issue is that this canned FFB randomly appears at times and ruins races, other than that my FFB is great. No amount of wiping will get rid of it, I know because I've tried.

lol You can repeat it as many times as you like but some people just don't listen.

I don't know what it is, it's exactly like the feeling of flat tyres so IMO, this is the problem. The coding thinks you're tyres are flat. go to the pits, it changes tyres and the 99% of the time the problem goes away. Although on rare occasions I have to completly leave the lobby and then re enter or go to a different lobby for the issue to resolve.

Like you said, it has nothing to do with ffb settings. Absolutely nothing. Nor does it have anything to do with leaving your wheel untouched spectating. It's one of the many bugs in the game.

morpwr
02-12-2015, 12:32
lol You can repeat it as many times as you like but some people just don't listen.

I don't know what it is, it's exactly like the feeling of flat tyres so IMO, this is the problem. The coding thinks you're tyres are flat. go to the pits, it changes tyres and the 99% of the time the problem goes away. Although on rare occasions I have to completly leave the lobby and then re enter or go to a different lobby for the issue to resolve.

Like you said, it has nothing to do with ffb settings. Absolutely nothing. Nor does it have anything to do with leaving your wheel untouched spectating. It's one of the many bugs in the game.

I think you are talking about the same thing I got last night.I got it in free practice though and nothing I did would make it go away. Tried changing cars,tracks,cars and tracks together nothing worked when I went back to the car I was using. I even tried changing to rain tires and still there.This one is strange because ive had it happen a few times now and have never had it happen before this patch. You can actually feel it just sitting turning the wheel.

Fre.Mo
02-12-2015, 14:45
again that problem for me during qualif and race on bathurst with Aston Martin GT3.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
02-12-2015, 15:04
I get this with my g29 it will be fine in practice and qualifications and warm up then when the race starts I occasionally get this bug, I just quit the race if it happens as don't want to risk damaging my wheel, it is annoying when it happens in a league race but it no reason to stop enjoying this great game.

RomKnight
02-12-2015, 16:28

You actually don't need to change them. Just return to pits and then drive again.

Schnizz58
02-12-2015, 17:14
You actually don't need to change them. Just return to pits and then drive again.
Correct. It seems to me that sometimes when the physics engine initializes, a bad value gets loaded. Anything you do that re-initializes the physics will usually fix the problem. I say usually because sometimes the error will occur on the re-initialization as well.

Liquid7394
02-12-2015, 17:25
I get this with my g29 it will be fine in practice and qualifications and warm up then when the race starts I occasionally get this bug, I just quit the race if it happens as don't want to risk damaging my wheel, it is annoying when it happens in a league race but it no reason to stop enjoying this great game.
Yes it is a reason to stop enjoying the game, it prevents me from racing.

RomKnight
03-12-2015, 14:43
Doesnt always work, ive had to restart the ps4 to get it to go away sometimes

I'm on PC and this was my experience, ofc. It seems a bit worse when you actually have to do that especially if it happens in race mode already but fortunately never happened to me.

And now that I mention this, might be precisely a bad initialization from AI physics to player physics since it only starts - to me - when I regain control. It is very rare though but I did experience it a couple of times.

Another reason to have manual control AT ALL TIMES...

Schnizz58
03-12-2015, 14:55
Another reason to have manual control AT ALL TIMES...

That's not going to fix anything. The physics engine still has to be initialized at various points, such as in the pits or when you have a collision. If my hypothesis is correct then anytime it is initialized, it can be incorrectly initialized.

Doge
03-12-2015, 22:03
The bug can be replicated using the W194 on Rouen. Doesnt matter what settings it happens and doesnt go away

That should help them.

Then again the steering ratio bug can be replicated everywhere, everytime, and itīs still in the game...

Sampo
04-12-2015, 00:13
The bug can be replicated using the W194 on Rouen. Doesnt matter what settings it happens and doesnt go away

Could you tell me how, please. I've been trying to get it with the location and settings like the OP, but after 50 or so tries, I didn't get anything like it. I know it's mostly with a t300 and ps4, but some said it can happen with any wheel and PC also.

Liquid7394
10-12-2015, 07:53
Bump

svenvangent
12-12-2015, 17:33
Bump pump pump it up

Krus Control
12-12-2015, 20:52
I was getting this for the longest time on my TX. I used to use Fxyz and Mz smoothing as a work around but the loss of road feel is not fun to deal with. My latest FFB settings actually work around it without smoothing. Don't know what the numbers are on console but here is a link: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40260-Great-Universal-FFB-Settings-All-Cars-Wheels

Edit: smoothing doesn't solve it. Misunderstood OP.

Zenzic
13-12-2015, 08:29
I encountered this bug once again, this time during free practice with the 2015 Ford Mustang at Zhuhai. Had to exit back to the main menu to fix the issue.

Apoov
13-12-2015, 08:33
For me this issue seems just random. Yesterday set up an online race in catalunya gp. Drove the bmw z4. Qualifying ok, then race starts and the buzz is there everytime when you feel understeer. Quit.

Using the T300.

Krus Control
13-12-2015, 17:17
I misunderstood the problem in my first post. Smoothing will not solve this. I've had success fixing this by raising front tire pressure in all cars where I experienced it. But once again if you use my settings this shouldn't ever happen on TX/T300.

Sampo
13-12-2015, 17:43
I made some more tests and managed to get the white line every time and with it came kind of the same effect as the OP's. I've never seen it otherwise with my rig. Maybe it's something that could be looked into. It involves setting the DisableThrottleVibe to false in ffbtweakers. Could the console version still use that setting for engine rumble or something and it mistakenly comes through some times? Just quessing really.

This is the FFBTweakers.xml that I used to get the white line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<!-- Default force feedback tweakers. -->

<config>
<value TopologyVersion="4" />

<value DisableThrottleVibe="false" />

</config>

svenvangent
15-12-2015, 10:22
PS4 ...patch 7.0

Grinding Trustmaster T300 RS steering wheel still there .

ChrisK
15-12-2015, 11:09
ditto. did 5 races. in one Q session the grinding was back again.

Sankyo
15-12-2015, 11:40
PS4 ...patch 7.0

Grinding Trustmaster T300 RS steering wheel still there .

Did you reset your wheel settings after the update?

EDIT It's not in the patch notes, so no solution expected I would say. AFAIK devs have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Fre.Mo
16-12-2015, 12:30
Again, these vibrations during race. I however re-calibrated the wheel when patch was out and always this ffb bug...

RomKnight
16-12-2015, 13:42
Did you reset your wheel settings after the update?

EDIT It's not in the patch notes, so no solution expected I would say. AFAIK devs have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Yes...

I think I've found a common place to start debugging (because does not happen all the time but does happen when I do this sometimes).

Get a car with default setup in practice mode (MP because I only play MP but it probably happens offline/SP too).

- do a few laps
- change rear or front camber only (to less)
- go to the track... first corner out of pit lane there it is.
- press ESC, return to pits
- press drive again. No issues. Won't happen again during that session at least.

Boskapongen
16-12-2015, 13:44
Have the same on my Logitech G29 / PS4. Restart game only way to fix it for me.

Fre.Mo
16-12-2015, 13:51
Yes...

I think I've found a common place to start debugging (because does not happen all the time but does happen when I do this sometimes).

Get a car with default setup in practice mode (MP because I only play MP but it probably happens offline/SP too).

- do a few laps
- change rear or front camber only (to less)
- go to the track... first corner out of pit lane there it is.
- press ESC, return to pits
- press drive again. No issues. Won't happen again during that session at least.

The PROBLEM is that bug occurs, as far as I m concerned, during race whereas the car behaviour was perfect during qualif session!

RomKnight
16-12-2015, 14:14
The problem is that it occurs, period :P

It never happened to me in race mode BTW.

Anyway, it it impossible to try and repro it in race. You must try to figure out why and how to repro it in other modes.

weather and tyres used might not be the problem although it only happened to me with softs, intermediates and wets. Never had it with a road car but I rarely use them nowadays (not even my beloved BAC :( )

These are my findings with the very rare occurrences - fortunately.

Schnizz58
16-12-2015, 15:36
I've had it happen during races, Tiago. I don't think it's related to race mode.

RomKnight
16-12-2015, 18:11
I've had it happen during races, Tiago. I don't think it's related to race mode.

I did not say it is related to race mode. Actually, quite the opposite

It never happened to me in race mode BTW.

But it happened to me in practice and qualifying so it happens whenever it decides to show up and oblivious to the session you're in.

Again, to me, it happens when I change the camber, or seems so, because I can't repeat this consistently. It just happens. But It is always when I change JUST the camber, that I noticed and until now, return to pits and drive again is enough to solve it.

Problem is, in a race you can't access the setup to change the camber so, we need the other modes (which is what I've stated).

Unfortunately it is like predicting a lightning strike :(

I think we'll need a bit of luck to find this one :(

Schnizz58
16-12-2015, 18:20
Sorry for the misunderstanding then. It sounded like you were saying that it didn't happen in races so they should use that fact to try to track down the issue. Regarding camber, I've had it happen when I didn't change anything in the setup. You're right that it's a tough one to repro. I don't envy the guy whose job it is to find this one.

Fre.Mo
17-12-2015, 06:40
Happened AGAIN to me but during qualif and changing camber resolved the issue, but what to do when is occurs during race....

svenvangent
17-12-2015, 08:19
The grinding of the steering wheel happens one ever it wants to happen so I don't think the camber causes the issue .

Sankyo
17-12-2015, 08:33
Happened AGAIN to me but during qualif and changing camber resolved the issue, but what to do when is occurs during race....
What wheel are you using again?

Also, could you check that any set-up change can get rid of the oscillation, and not just a camber change?

Zenzic
17-12-2015, 08:44
Happened to me during qualifying yesterday. T100 wheel. Had to unplug and replug the wheel to fix.

Lobby settings:

Track: Brands Hatch GP
Car: Ford Sierra
Qualifying: 5 min
Race length: 20 min
Time: 16 Dec 2015 - 14:00.
Weather progression: x1
Time progression: x1
Force interior view: No
Force manual gears: No
Force realistic driving aids: Yes
Damage: Visual damage
Mechanical failures: No
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Flags and penalties: Off
Tuning: Everything allowed

Fre.Mo
17-12-2015, 09:22
What wheel are you using again?

Also, could you check that any set-up change can get rid of the oscillation, and not just a camber change?

I use a T500 and recalibrated it just after patch release.
next time this happens to me again, I will try to change another setting than camber (if it does not occur during race...).
BUT STILL LOVING THIS GAME!

Bruno Alexandre
17-12-2015, 09:28
Could you guys try these steps to see if it can make the issue happen all the time please?

1- Boot the game
2- Start a RW at a track of your choice with AI
3- Once the pre-race screen shows up move the wheel to the right to ensure there's resistance
4- Wait for the green light and then remain in that position without touching the wheel for 15sec
5- Press pause and select view replay
6- Let the replay run for a few seconds and pause it
7- Press R1 to open photo mode and press X to take photo and again when the popup appears
8- Return to the pause menu and exit the race
9- Press X quickly when the game loads back to the race central
10- Drive for a bit to see if the issue is visible, if not try to repeat from step 2

Fre.Mo
17-12-2015, 09:50
Could you guys try these steps to see if it can make the issue happen all the time please?

1- Boot the game
3- Once the pre-race screen shows up move the wheel to the right to ensure there's resistance
4- Wait for the green light and then remain in that position without touching the wheel for 15sec
7- Press R1 to open photo mode and press X to take photo and again when the popup appears
10- Drive for a bit to see if the issue is visible, if not try to repeat from step 2

I will try this if it can help, but it is far away from what we do when the bug appears...

Sankyo
17-12-2015, 09:55
I will try this if it can help, but it is far away from what we do when the bug appears...

It is just a way of triggering the bug reliably, and finding out whether the same bug manifests itself in different ways on different wheels.

So when you (and I mean everyone) test and report back, please mention which wheel you are using.

Fre.Mo
17-12-2015, 10:00
It is just a way of triggering the bug reliably, and finding out whether the same bug manifests itself in different ways on different wheels.

So when you (and I mean everyone) test and report back, please mention which wheel you are using.

OK, by the way thank you to the team for investigating this issue.

Liquid7394
17-12-2015, 12:05
This has been happening more frequently since 7.0, I'll try the steps posted above and report back.

Sankyo
17-12-2015, 12:15
Also, please report what FFB gain your are using, and when it's not 1 try a value of 1 and see if that makes a difference.

Fre.Mo
17-12-2015, 12:55

1- Boot the game

I tryed the procedure several times on Bathurst and Willow Spring with the Aston Martin gt3 but I was unable to reproduce the bug...
Do we have to set a specific Hud display? I tryed with telemetry and full.

chig88
17-12-2015, 13:16
I tryed the procedure several times on Bathurst and Willow Spring with the Aston Martin gt3 but I was unable to reproduce the bug...
Do we have to set a specific Hud display? I tryed with telemetry and full.

Try patting your head & rubbing your belly at the same time.

Liquid7394
17-12-2015, 13:18
What's the pre race screen? I just get put straight in the race.

Fre.Mo
17-12-2015, 13:25
What's the pre race screen? I just get put straight in the race.

I suppose it is the loading screen.

RomKnight
17-12-2015, 15:32
@Bruno

This happens on PC too. I don't know what R1 and X are :\

BTW, this also happened once just by changing the session from practice to qualify. I remember reporting that somewhere...

What happened was: driving normally, sudden end of session, qualify menu, pressed drive and on the first corner there it was. The usual ESC, return to pits, Drive solved it as usual *for me*

But my previous report was within qualify session only. I can go in and out of the pits and once in a while there it goes. Yes, it doesn't always shows but again, when it does, I'm sure I just touched the camber.

ports
17-12-2015, 15:48
This has started happening to me every night since patch 7.0 before patch 7 i never had it happen. I'm using a T300 ffb 100 TF 100 SG 100 , What i have noticed in the ffb settings is the per wheel movement squared i set it to -0.4 but when i go back in to ffb settings it's showing as 104 . I'll try the steps Bruno posted and report back tonight.

Bruno Alexandre
18-12-2015, 09:38
Ok if it is happening on PC as well, then it seems it's not related to the steps i've posted. Thanks for the help guys, i'll need to find a new perspective for this issue, could you guys tell me what kind of FFB Calibration profile you're using ? Classic, Default or Custom ?

scuderia1234
18-12-2015, 10:44
Hi, I'm new and I'm Italian so I'm using a translator to write apologies in advance. The title already describes a problem that I've already twice in the race in multiplayer, I explain, I do all the free practice qualifying warm-up game online, offline races, but from Monday after the new update (do not know if it's a coincidence or less) I just happen that I leave for the race every turn I make the G29 vibrates at every turn I do more around the steering wheel vibrates more, someone has ever, or you have any advice. I even tried to disconnect and reconnect all the same race, but nothing has changed, after the race I redid the room with the same parameters and everything worked perfectly, last Monday I had two sprint races in the same room the first okay to second with the problem Thank.

This is what I wrote in the new thread here but I read that it is no coincidence and not just about the G29, so do not yet know anything about it?

ports
18-12-2015, 10:45
Ok if it is happening on PC as well, then it seems it's not related to the steps i've posted. Thanks for the help guys, i'll need to find a new perspective for this issue, could you guys tell me what kind of FFB Calibration profile you're using ? Classic, Default or Custom ?

I'm using classic ffb , i tried the steps you posted but it didn't work but the bug happened in my second career race in lmp1 soon as i left the pits then the game froze crashed i restarted the game and played most of the night with no issues.

Fre.Mo
18-12-2015, 12:12

I am using a custom ffb profile, but I only changed the scoop values and set ffb and tyre force to 100 and 40, everything else is default.

Liquid7394
18-12-2015, 12:36
Custom.

morpwr
18-12-2015, 14:43

Don't know if this helps but I had this happen in free practice also on Watkins glen and Sonoma using the 49c and the stock car with custom but it only started when I played around with the ffb settings. So far I must be lucky because its the only time ive encountered it. It didn't start until I started playing around with mz,fy and arm angle if you want I can give you the exact numbers I was using for ffb settings this was with jacks classic settings.

RomKnight
18-12-2015, 15:50
Custom, no tweakers and steering gain at 1.
I may use car ffb setup though, usually lower Fy.
Last time I was in the 320tc default except, again, I just lowered the camber.
I would like to say that upping the caster, drive a couple of laps and then revert it may trigger the issue too BUT I can't put my finger on it since it was long time ago and quite an isolated issue then. Not hard to test but don't loose tine chasing ghosts on this one either.
And this is basically why this one is a mother bug...ger and will be hard to kill. It randomly shows and even I think my find can just be a coincidence.

chig88
19-12-2015, 00:04
Since patch 7.0 restarting the session no longer gets rid of this for me.

Got the bug driving the Renault Clio in free practice at Sakitto Sprint. Restarted the session 7 times in a row but the problem was still there every time. Had to back out of the session completely to the main menu to sort it.

Zenzic
19-12-2015, 10:06
Custom.

ChrisK
20-12-2015, 01:07
Custom, no tweakers and steering gain at 1.
I may use car ffb setup though, usually lower Fy.
Last time I was in the 320tc default except, again, I just lowered the camber.
I would like to say that upping the caster, drive a couple of laps and then revert it may trigger the issue too BUT I can't put my finger on it since it was long time ago and quite an isolated issue then. Not hard to test but don't loose tine chasing ghosts on this one either.
And this is basically why this one is a mother bug...ger and will be hard to kill. It randomly shows and even I think my find can just be a coincidence.

It happens to me in dead stock setup aswell. Not even a fuel change. Just reset the whole car and race, it appears just as randomly.

mister dog
20-12-2015, 03:14
@Bruno, dunno if this was linked before, but we discussed this a couple of months ago already so there might be some leads in this thread too:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25508-Telemetry-white-FFB-line

Try patting your head & rubbing your belly at the same time.

Lol :)

Apoov
22-12-2015, 05:49
Ok, I've had this bug jump on me less than 10 times prior patch 7.0. (200+ hours spent). Now with the latest patch I've gotten this at least five times. And usually it's in the race, which is even more annoying. Only playing multiplayer.
The trend does not look good ��

vahagn_hayk
22-12-2015, 06:43
had the same tonight in 2 out of 5 sessions, even tried it on my brothers PS4 T300 setup and got it too, back to pits did not help either...both systems same issues with different hardware. (Logitech G29) on CSW V2 is not as strong, but same grinding, just not as dominant as on G29 and T300.

Bruno Alexandre
24-12-2015, 09:22
@Bruno, dunno if this was linked before, but we discussed this a couple of months ago already so there might be some leads in this thread too:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25508-Telemetry-white-FFB-line

Lol :)

We did see it yes and i've experienced it recently randomly on the PS4 using the classic setup (usually i have default), no idea yet on what's causing it but currently i have no build to use to debug it. It's also slightly different to your images, mine is a sudden appearance of the yellow/white line from time to time (it's not continuous), but it does not generate any vibration. It's one of my tasks to investigate in January but I suspect that one of the FFB option either changes from Software to Hardware mix or enables itself for some odd reason, which leads to both lines being present on screen.

Fre.Mo
24-12-2015, 10:35
We did see it yes and i've experienced it recently randomly on the PS4 using the classic setup (usually i have default), no idea yet on what's causing it but currently i have no build to use to debug it. It's also slightly different to your images, mine is a sudden appearance of the yellow/white line from time to time (it's not continuous), but it does not generate any vibration. It's one of my tasks to investigate in January but I suspect that one of the FFB option either changes from Software to Hardware mix or enables itself for some odd reason, which leads to both lines being present on screen.

Could it be related to the tyre model, since when it occurs to me, I feel like it was the front tyres that slide and loose grip and the car understeers...

RomKnight
24-12-2015, 10:52
Yep, that's the effect. like the understeer scrub with light FFB

Apoov
24-12-2015, 11:02
Could it be related to the tyre model, since when it occurs to me, I feel like it was the front tyres that slide and loose grip and the car understeers...

That's exactly what's happening.

RomKnight
24-12-2015, 11:54
That's exactly what's happening when it shouldn't

FTFY :)

chig88
29-12-2015, 14:18

That's what happens in my game - a white line in the telemetry as soon as the car goes 'live' at the end of the pitlane. Happened very rarely on release but the frequency has increased with each patch.

Mine comes with fairly heavy grinding/vibration though. To be honest the first time it happened I thought my wheel was f****d because it feels completely unnatural. I've never felt that kind of grinding in any game when the wheel is operating normally, and it doesn't feel like the kind of vibration you get from kerbs etc.

One idea that came to mind is to go into the Logitech profiler on a PC & check which effect is actually being activated if this would help? IIRC you can isolate each effect and tune it to your liking in the profiler.

svenvangent
03-01-2016, 19:34
Pump it baby .....

Sankyo
03-01-2016, 19:54
Devs are back to work as of tomorrow guys, so no news until they got back on it.

Bruno Alexandre
06-01-2016, 09:39
Still nothing new, will keep you posted.

Fre.Mo
06-01-2016, 19:36
Still nothing new, will keep you posted.

Thanks for the information.
Do some udp stream recording via a particular app could help the devs to find the origin of this annoying bug?

Bruno Alexandre
08-01-2016, 17:16
Not really, we need to find a way to make it happen 3 out 3 times at least (100% repro) so the team can debug it while it's happening.

t0daY
08-01-2016, 17:32
Not really, we need to find a way to make it happen 3 out 3 times at least (100% repro) so the team can debug it while it's happening.

Take the Lotus 49C at Hockenheim Classic and leave the FFB standard. You will get random rumble and ffb force all the time on your wheel. Reducing the FFB to nearly 0 helped to get rid of it. G25, G27, T500RS even some Fanatec CSR2 wheels made it to the rumble list.

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 18:27
One to add to this.

I previously commented that it happened when I changed the camber. I have to correct this. ATM the only common thing is adjusting ONE setting in the setup, save, press drive and out of the pits there it is (I've adjusted final drive at the time). In order to correct this, FOR ME, pressing ESC, return to pits and then drive again solves it.

BTW, if it happens for the session to change to race the bug follows. If you're able to go to setup and exit (saving) it seems it does not pass through the session.

YMMV...

svenvangent
08-01-2016, 21:50
PS4 .... Patch 7.00

Track : Donnington Park GP
Car : BMW 2002 Turbo
Weather : Clear
Time : 11.00 AM
Practice .

Issue : Grinding steering wheel

Track : Donnington Park GP
Car : Kart 250 cc
Weather : Clear
Time :11.00 AM
Practice .

Issue : Part of the engine sound was gone

wyldanimal
08-01-2016, 21:51
What you need is a Debug version that is constantly out putting to a log.
let it overwrite the log after 10 minutes of data...

Then when a Bug Happens, you press a button Combination to have the Current LOG saved.

Now you have a recording of all that was happening for the last 10 minutes..

So yeah, it would have to be a custom version with a lot of extra code to output to the log file..

Liquid7394
09-01-2016, 14:11
ATM the only common thing is adjusting ONE setting in the setup, save, press drive and out of the pits there it is (I've adjusted final drive at the time). In order to correct this, FOR ME, pressing ESC, return to pits and then drive again solves it.
I can confirm this can trigger it.

Liquid7394
20-01-2016, 10:22
Bump.

Tyrhammern
20-01-2016, 12:57
I'm getting this issue with my new g29, too :( from time to time

Robsharples
20-01-2016, 13:11
After reading this thread i find it a bit alarming that so many wheels are failing due to this game. I to have purchased 2 Thrustmasters and both have been sent back. After investigation thrustmaster said it was down to a hardware failure. My question - is this now fixed with this new update?
Controllers
#fixed long standing missing functionality in thrustmaster ps4 implementation etc...

morpwr
20-01-2016, 15:20
After reading this thread i find it a bit alarming that so many wheels are failing due to this game. I to have purchased 2 Thrustmasters and both have been sent back. After investigation thrustmaster said it was down to a hardware failure. My question - is this now fixed with this new update?
Controllers
#fixed long standing missing functionality in thrustmaster ps4 implementation etc...

Its not the games fault. What are you running the game master ffb at?

Fre.Mo
20-01-2016, 16:31
Controllers

I didn t understand what this is, could you explain please

hdh
10-03-2016, 08:35
I experienced this very bug yesterday while driving the C7R at La Sarthe. It came after I returned to the pit garage and adjusted a couple of settings on the suspension. For me it didn't help to just go back to the pit garage again and back out on track. I did a full restart of the game, that cured it. I've also had it before with the Ford Falcon at Bathurst and Brno.

I'm using a T500RS and Jack Spades 66% FFB profiles.

Sankyo
10-03-2016, 08:56
I experienced this very bug yesterday while driving the C7R at La Sarthe. It came after I returned to the pit garage and adjusted a couple of settings on the suspension. For me it didn't help to just go back to the pit garage again and back out on track. I did a full restart of the game, that cured it. I've also had it before with the Ford Falcon at Bathurst and Brno.

I'm using a T500RS and Jack Spades 66% FFB profiles.
If you find a good way to repro it, you could test whether using default/Classic FFB with no Tweakers helps or not. Either way, reporting how to repro and whether switching the FFB profile helped or not will be good info for the devs.

maxx69
10-03-2016, 09:16
I have this random grinding bug now quite often . It has nothing to do with using too much FFB , as mine is turned down at 60% .
I don't get it with driveclub and the FFB is about the same .it's definitely game related .
No way of predicting it or reproducing it (I've tried )
It's ruined a few races now .
I can't see how this would damage the wheel , but makes the car impossible to race safely.

Oh and silverstone classic is still total a mess

Sankyo
10-03-2016, 09:39
I have this random grinding bug now quite often . It has nothing to do with using too much FFB , as mine is turned down at 60% .
I don't get it with driveclub and the FFB is about the same .it's definitely game related .
No way of predicting it or reproducing it (I've tried )
It's ruined a few races now .
I can't see how this would damage the wheel , but makes the car impossible to race safely.

Oh and silverstone classic is still total a mess

It's clear that the grinding is not an FFB strength issue, because it shows up in the FFB telemetry of the game. That means that it's calculated by the game.

Chipmonk77
10-03-2016, 15:02
I am also having this wheel grinding and vibrating bug that forces me to go back to the Box Menu or sometimes even restart the game to get back to normal FFB behaviour.
But i was able to minimize these events dramatically by following some simple rules. This maybe give the Devs a hint, here the Bug must be coming from...

First of all, i always race with having a warmup or Qualifying before. This ensures you have been driving the car in the actual session before starting the race.
The second rule seems to be more important to minimize the bug events:
When you are driving on track always be sure to stop or driving straight so that there is no FFB Signal when you are exiting track and go back to menu. This also means you have to quit track before the timer runs off and you are automatically starting the next session, normally the race.
Maybe it has something to do with the sudden loss of FFB Signal by quitting track when the wheel turning point and other inputs are waiting for signals to come. Maybe there is some kind of "FFB Signal Memory" that is not deleted before entering the track again and causes the wheel to behave grinding, when there should be a smooth rising force depending on turning angle and speed. FFB Effects coming from curbs, bumps, etc. seem to work fine even when the bug occurs.

Hope this could help...

maxx69
10-03-2016, 17:09
I am also having this wheel grinding and vibrating bug that forces me to go back to the Box Menu or sometimes even restart the game to get back to normal FFB behaviour.
But i was able to minimize these events dramatically by following some simple rules. This maybe give the Devs a hint, here the Bug must be coming from...

First of all, i always race with having a warmup or Qualifying before. This ensures you have been driving the car in the actual session before starting the race.
The second rule seems to be more important to minimize the bug events:
When you are driving on track always be sure to stop or driving straight so that there is no FFB Signal when you are exiting track and go back to menu. This also means you have to quit track before the timer runs off and you are automatically starting the next session, normally the race.
Maybe it has something to do with the sudden loss of FFB Signal by quitting track when the wheel turning point and other inputs are waiting for signals to come. Maybe there is some kind of "FFB Signal Memory" that is not deleted before entering the track again and causes the wheel to behave grinding, when there should be a smooth rising force depending on turning angle and speed. FFB Effects coming from curbs, bumps, etc. seem to work fine even when the bug occurs.

Hope this could help...

I very nearly always do qualifying sessions before the races and usually stay out till the session ends .
Also I've had the grinding bug during the qualifying and not in the race , meaning I had it from the start of the session.
Not sure about the whole turning while you quit to pit .
Never used to have this problem, it's only in the last month or so

Solodan
10-03-2016, 21:54
I've had this bug for a long time. If i try to set some decent laps in time trail, and restart the session after a crash, it happens alot, i can get the bug within the hour. Restarting the session sometimes helps, mostly not. Unplugging the wheel's usb cable helps most of the time, not always, sometimes the wheel doesnt get recognised after i plug it in again, have to restart the game then.
Clubsport v2 FW 142.

CT-Maru
30-03-2016, 08:46
I recently started play projects Cars again and I can also confirm this. Matter of fact in my case it seems to be enabled most of the time and I got so used to it that it surprised me when the vibration was suddenly gone after changing from Qualification to Race in an Online Event.
As far as I understand this canned effects should only be enabled when playing with a controller right? Is it somehow possible that part of the code still thinks that you have a controller connected although you are using a wheel?

Tristicles
18-04-2016, 10:29
Also getting this issue, but a lot more violently. It is definitely the game that is the cause as the vibrations, or in my case earthquakes, show up on the telemetry.

It was most prominent in open wheel, as when I was in a GT3 I did not experience this, my example of where I was getting the issue:

Car: Formula Renault
Track: Italy - Monza
Where: Straights - mid to end of straights
Wheel: Thrustmaster TS150

Windows 10 64bit - 12GB RAM - i7 4790 CPU @ 3.6GHz - GTX970 Graphics

Not a wheel issue as mentioned above as it shows as big up and down lines in the telemetry which violently shakes the wheel.... very annoying as I can't play at night and don't really want to in the day as I live in a flat and others to think of. Very disappointed in Pcars, left the console version because of bugs, now got a good gaming PC and got back in to it with a pad, thought I would take the plunge with a wheel and it has now ruined the experience for me.

As someone who works in IT as a tester I'm shocked, but not surprised, about how many bugs are still in the game this far down the line and the nature of them.

I have tried many of the commonly quoted FBB 'fixes' and numerous settings, none of which have worked for me. I even tried turning off the settings via the Thrustmaster control pannel, when I try the test effects on there, I do not get the vibrations (force field test effect is closest to the feeling I am getting), but as soon as I get in the game I get them again.... very odd.

Sankyo
18-04-2016, 11:05
Also getting this issue, but a lot more violently. It is definitely the game that is the cause as the vibrations, or in my case earthquakes, show up on the telemetry.

It was most prominent in open wheel, as when I was in a GT3 I did not experience this, my example of where I was getting the issue:

Where: Straights

Not a wheel issue as mentioned above as it shows as big up and down lines in the telemetry which violently shakes the wheel.... very annoying as I can't play at night and don't really want to in the day as I live in a flat and others to think of. Very disappointed in Pcars, left the console version because of bugs, now got a good gaming PC and got back in to it with a pad, thought I would take the plunge with a wheel and it has now ruined the experience for me.

As someone who works in IT as a tester I'm shocked, but not surprised, about how many bugs are still in the game this far down the line and the nature of them.

I have tried many of the commonly quoted FBB 'fixes' and numerous settings, none of which have worked for me. I even tried turning off the settings via the Thrustmaster control pannel, when I try the test effects on there, I do not get the vibrations (force field test effect is closest to the feeling I am getting), but as soon as I get in the game I get them again.... very odd.
What are your system specs, and what exact wheel are you using?

morpwr
18-04-2016, 11:23

Where: Straights

Which thrustmaster wheel do you have? What are you using for wheel and car settings? I'm assumimg you mean the violent shaking at the end of the straight? This is common with the open wheel cars and is caused by settings not a problem with the game. If you use jacks classic settings with my wheel settings that you can find on the oscarolim site you should be good. The only thing I cant tell you is what to set your control panel at because I'm on ps4.

lifeofbrian
02-06-2016, 14:03
Had this happened to me at Willow Springs in a league race yesterday, 5 pit stops did not reset it, then I remembered you have to reset to pit to fix it, bye bye points.

kyoo
18-08-2016, 17:42
This bug has been always around but I think that itīs happening much more often now.

It happened two times in league RACES in the last week. In the quali it was ok. Am I really that unlucky?

This is a HUGE bug, I usually get over the other bugs, but this one is really unplayable. I am afraid it could damage my wheel also. I am surprised that the last post about it was 2 months ago.

Do you guys still suffer a lot from it? Donīt you notice that itīs happening more often now?

This shit wonīt be fixed right?? Why am I writing this.. I donīt know...lol

Schnizz58
19-08-2016, 03:31
It does seem to come and go. I have hypothesized that it's more common in certain cars or classes. I seem to get it more often in GT cars than open wheelers for example.

It's bad in career but I would imagine it's far worse online, especially in leagues. I agree that it's potentially a risk to your wheel. I immediately restart any session when it occurs but in a league you would forfeit points for doing so.

And no it's not going to be fixed so we're just pissing in the wind here.

inthebagbud
19-08-2016, 06:02
I had pretty much forgot about this as been involved in a lot of TT , however having started career again it appeared just about every other race in karts last night . No setup changes made at all between races just 6 races one after the other. Also nothing to do with wheel type as I am on a fanatec

The up side is I remember how bad I was doing career 6 months ago and do feel I have progressed in my ability and can actually ignore the issue on lower lap races but the down side is that it is still here at all and on longer lap races it really is going to hack me off

Scnizz is right though it ain't going to get fixed

cmch15
19-08-2016, 06:56
I was going to say I think it is related to making setup changes, but I see some are having the issue regardless. I have not had this very often but when it has, it is always straight after a setup change. Had it in two online races in a row once, both after setup changes between sessions and had not exited the pits in the previous session.

I now always leave my self a few minutes at the end of qualifying to make any changes and exit the pits a few times to check for it. Since doing that I have not had issues at the start of races.

kyoo
19-08-2016, 15:16
Yea it seems to happen randomly. Iīve had it in single player and a restart is fine, but now it started to happen in online races.

It really sucks to play 25min (13 laps) with the grinding wheel, I had to do it to not lose points, but itīs no fun at all...
In the last 5 months, I had to drive with this bug in 4 league races, 25min each one... really frustrating

Well so we have to count on the lucky side. Maybe one day we figure out what can be done to avoid it...

It happened in formula gulf, Mclaren Longtail, BMW M3 GT.. It happened after setup changes and without setup changes.. so for now I canīt figure out a logic behind it..

cippa lippa
12-11-2016, 10:19
Hi everybody!
I'm new and i would like to say big thanks and hello to everybody
I'm buying a T150 Thrustmaster, play Project Cars with my ps4.
What exactly this bug is? I don't get it. I'm sorry

cmch15
12-11-2016, 12:52
Hi everybody!
I'm new and i would like to say big thanks and hello to everybody
I'm buying a T150 Thrustmaster, play Project Cars with my ps4.
What exactly this bug is? I don't get it. I'm sorry

Vibration is probably the more accurate description. When it occurs you get no weight in the wheel and the wheel just vibrates when you steer.

I don't get it very often, but it tends to be after making a setup change. I find the most reliable fix is to "return to pit" and go back into car setup and just press X to save it again.

If I make any changes at the end of qualifying for the race, I always make sure I exit pits and test for the bug, otherwise it can carry over into the race.

cippa lippa
12-11-2016, 18:32
ah ok i get it.
But after so many months if i buy t150 with latest firmware plus the game with all patches is still there?

Ps t150 ferrari edition is the same as the normal blu one right?

cmch15
12-11-2016, 21:33
Its not fixed but doesn't happen all that often, and is easily overcome.

Don't really know T150 editions, but a T150 is still a T150 whatever colour it is.

cippa lippa
12-11-2016, 21:37
ok thanks

Going to buy game of the year edition anyway and follow jake spade tuning.
Do you suggest t150 or another one?

Roger Prynne
12-11-2016, 22:02
ok thanks

Going to buy game of the year edition anyway and follow jake spade tuning.
Do you suggest t150 or another one?

Depends on how much you can afford.

cippa lippa
12-11-2016, 22:30
well the fact is that i don't want to spend more than 150-180 euro but i think anyway it's even too much. If there's something much better at 180 euros per ex i can in some way go ahed but other wise not. I just want a good wheels but i'm not a pro and thus i know that after ps4 all wheels will be not supported on next gen...so...

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 06:31
Well I'm very new to simracing (bought my wheel 3weeks ago).

This weekend I encountered this bug. Ever since I started to feel strange things that weren't hapoening before this bug. Now the day before yesterday I had a big vibration/grind due to a 'drift'. And evrr since my wheel is either nupb when driving or weird notches turn up, things that wherent there yet.

Since the wheel is brand new and project cars is all I played it must be this bug.

Wondering if any sms employee reads this. If so when my wheel is out of warranty and this happens where can I send the billing information? I don't have the funds to buy a new wheel every 3weeks because you guys like to program a bug that breaks them.

Roger Prynne
05-07-2017, 08:46
^ You got your answers here already..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50776-By-sms-approved-ffb-setting-that-won-t-break-my-g29

So please stick with that thread now.

Mr. Tree
05-07-2017, 10:25
^ You got your answers here already..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50776-By-sms-approved-ffb-setting-that-won-t-break-my-g29

So please stick with that thread now.

Yeah mate I made a seperate thread sorry :o

But I git my answer? That statement is at best a accidental misrepresentation of what you wrote.

You basicly wrote it's the steer end of story. You haven't seen it you weren't there when it broke and you don't have the actual steering wheel for investigation.

So basicly what you answered is: "Hey mate though luck, I can't believe it's the bug so it's not the bug. Thanks for investing in our product but hey now that we have your money you don't think we actually will help yoy right? "

You realise that right?

250€ down to he drain due to this game (yeah I'm not going to use nuance if you claim what you wrote was an answer to my question.

Sorry not sorry

Edit: reading timestamps seems to be hard too. I wrote this message first so acting like I wanted to spam the boards is again a misrepresentationof my actions.

Analysing situations/data seems to be a difficult task for you

hkraft300
07-07-2017, 08:28
250€ down to he drain due to this game.

You got your answer. It'd called a warranty claim, which, according to your thread, you're in the process of claiming.
You can't provide any information except "wheel feels funny".

But:

Well I'm very new to simracing.

Since the wheel is brand new and project cars is all I played it must be this bug.

Genius.

It's a bloody G29 by Logitech (we all know Logitech's rep for quality) you've gone and bought for yourself but seem to be an expert mechanical engineer claiming input signals broke your budget wheel.

But you've been here 3 days, complete noob and you're shouting this:

So basicly what you answered is: "... Thanks for investing in our product but hey now that we have your money you don't think we actually will help yoy right? "

Well done.

Roger Prynne
07-07-2017, 08:39
^ OK calm down, he's made amends in the other thread, so lets leave it.

hkraft300
07-07-2017, 09:45
I should've checked the time stamp.. :hopelessness:

Mahjik
07-07-2017, 13:32

Mr. Tee, this is your warning.

You've jumped onto the forum with a terrible attitude. Members are not going to search for every post you have done, compare timestamps and figure out where you are with a certain post. They are going to assume if you post in a thread, any conversation on that topic will be in that thread. You were wrong with how you started on this forum, so trying to blame others for your initial usage of this forum is just plain wrong and attacking them for it. I'm not having any more of it. If you want to stay, change your attitude.

eh3an2010
04-09-2017, 05:40
So you no longer get the white line? Because every time I get this bug the white line is definitely still there.