PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster wont replace broken wheel!

Sinco69
04-11-2015, 06:49
Hi Racers!

To make a long story short my T300RS broke it has a calibration problem that is known to Thrustmaster.
You can see it in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyfxXsIQUqY.
I have tried everything on the forums and nothing helps!
Some of the people that have the same problem have sent the wheel back and got a new one.

Now to the interesting part, I have contacted Thrustmaster and did everything the wanted me to do.
Uploaded the video and a picture of the sticker on the wheel, I told them that the warranty I got states the all manufacturer problems are Thrustmasters to take care of.
I purchased the wheel on Ebay and I sent them the invoice and then they replayed with "we can not help you, the wheel is purchased under the recommended market price"
I hav contacted the seller on Ebay just waiting for him to replay.

But Warranty should be respected by the company ?
If I send back the wheel to the seller he will do the same procedure and then send it back to them.
Whay cant I just send them the wheel back :(

This is my first wheel and Thrustmaster just a bad choice at this time :(

What can I do Pleas help!

Sorry for my bad english!

Best regards Sinco!

Sankyo
04-11-2015, 07:58
Did you buy it from a private seller or a company through Ebay? If from a company, then they are the first one to talk to about warranty.

P.S. I think that TM's argument that "the wheel is purchased under the recommended market price" is total bollocks. It's about the product, not the price that was paid for it. Besides, no reseller ever sells stuff for the recommended retail price, no matter the product.

TrevorAustin
04-11-2015, 08:21
It is ALWAYS the person you purchased it from's responsibility to fix or replace. So you need to talk to your Ebay seller.

Often companies like TM do sort it out but their only legal responsibility is to whoever they supplied it directly to.

And yes, agreed, the price thing is utter bollocks.

Sinco69
04-11-2015, 13:39
Did you buy it from a private seller or a company through Ebay? If from a company, then they are the first one to talk to about warranty.

P.S. I think that TM's argument that "the wheel is purchased under the recommended market price" is total bollocks. It's about the product, not the price that was paid for it. Besides, no reseller ever sells stuff for the recommended retail price, no matter the product.

Hi! it was from a private person, I have contacted him and he wants me to send it back.
That is very nice, its just depressing to not have a wheel for a long time.

Thanks for you help!

TrevorAustin
04-11-2015, 13:53
Hi! it was from a private person, I have contacted him and he wants me to send it back.
That is very nice, its just depressing to not have a wheel for a long time.

Thanks for you help!

That's good news, if it was from a private person not a business, technically you have purchased a second hand wheel. So good on him for being decent about it.

Spitfire77
05-11-2015, 00:00
Ebay is NOT a retailer. They are an auction site. Before buying a product that costs a considerable amount of money you should research that you are buying it from a retailer that the company will honor the warranty from. Ebay sellers can do things to the product then sell it to you. Thrustmaster does not want to take responsibility for that and I do not blame them.

I would not honor a warranty for something bought on an auction site either, in my mind it is just an online garage sale.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
05-11-2015, 00:41
That's not a (stock) T300. Ferrari emblem on the wheel.

Sinco69
05-11-2015, 08:41
Ebay is NOT a retailer. They are an auction site. Before buying a product that costs a considerable amount of money you should research that you are buying it from a retailer that the company will honor the warranty from. Ebay sellers can do things to the product then sell it to you. Thrustmaster does not want to take responsibility for that and I do not blame them.

I would not honor a warranty for something bought on an auction site either, in my mind it is just an online garage sale.

I have learned my lesson, I don t think I would ever again bay Thrustmaster.

Liquid7394
05-11-2015, 12:01
You'd be better off not buying any wheel from eBay.

Sankyo
05-11-2015, 12:59
With any top brand you can experience the odd issue. Nothing wrong with Thrustmaster in general, really :)

VR-Mustard
05-11-2015, 17:10
With any top brand you can experience the odd issue. Nothing wrong with Thrustmaster in general, really :)

Its constant defence of all this broken shit that's getting you guys a bad name on here van dijk. These T300 wheels from thrustmaster are shite plain and simple combined with this broken game it's no wonder people don't know who to blame.. Thrustmaster or sms for these wheels. Point is that it's a joke how as a customer we get treated like we do. The invisible wall bug is still not fixed either btw

VR-Mustard
05-11-2015, 17:11
Odd issues lol you must be reading different threads.

VR-Mustard
05-11-2015, 17:16
Sorry for jumping on this thread like this but it's so annoying listening to these mods constantly defending faulty products.

Liquid7394
05-11-2015, 17:23
Sorry for jumping on this thread like this but it's so annoying listening to these mods constantly defending faulty products.
Then go away.

VR-Mustard
05-11-2015, 17:30
Lol DELETED!

the-D-
05-11-2015, 17:31

I hope you got a warning for inappropriate language, you know, just keeping up with the strict consistency of the policing of the forum, though I read the forum every day, and unless it's a derogatory post, swearing seems par for the course, (my warning was for damn) different strokes for different folks I guess,...hey ho :-/

the-D-
05-11-2015, 17:38
I'm sure Mustard will get his collar pulled, Trevor? Not so much,...there's a place by the fire hearth for good dogs

VR-Mustard
05-11-2015, 17:59
I'm sure Mustard will get his collar pulled, Trevor? Not so much,...there's a place by the fire hearth for good dogs

It gets to me D and it's because nobody shouts about shit that consumers get treated the way we do. This wheel bug only on this game so for me it's the GAME.. And granted thrustmaster T500 is a great quality wheel but the T300 was rushed and seems to me that 2 out of 5 of them are faulty.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 18:01

The whole T300 scandal is ridiculous, and the way you have to jump through hoops to appease their returns policy should be scrutinised, statutory rights authorities should be all over them, bunch of shysters ( not inappropriate language, oppression not required )

the-D-
05-11-2015, 18:09
It gets to me D and it's because nobody shouts about shit that consumers get treated the way we do. This wheel bug only on this game so for me it's the GAME.. And granted thrustmaster T500 is a great quality wheel but the T300 was rushed and seems to me that 2 out of 5 of them are faulty.

T500 is a good wheel, though, since patch 5, I boot up the game and no matter how it's done (wheel plugged in and connected to ps4 before power on) it doesn't recognise the wheel, so I have to reset the console, maybe twice to get it to be recognised,....first time bringing this up, didn't expect any resolve otherwise :-/

Spitfire77
05-11-2015, 18:16
The whole T300 scandal is ridiculous, and the way you have to jump through hoops to appease their returns policy should be scrutinised, statutory rights authorities should be all over them, bunch of shysters ( not inappropriate language, oppression not required )

My wheel had an issue I emailed them, the original response time was a bit slow 4-5 days I think. After that it took all of about 5-10mins to get the info they wanted and email it to them (picture of the serial number, quick video of the clunking noise, and my amazon invoice). Then the next morning they emailed me a pre paid packing slip to print out. The most effort I had to put in was packing it up in a box and driving it over to the local shipping place.

Yes it sucks that a 35 day old purchase had an issue, yes it sucked that I was without a wheel for just over 2 weeks, but Thrustmaster honored their warranty and sent me a replacement that works great. They even extended my warranty the 18 or so days I was without the wheel.

I chose to buy their product knowing there were bad apples out there so I just made sure I would have a valid warranty.

Robhd
05-11-2015, 18:21
The problem here is that in all likliehood the manufacturer is saying their warranties are not transferable.. In effect this is a scond hand item you have bought without warranty... Certainly in the UK there s no longer any recommended prices.. It used to be called RRP.. Retailers can sell product at the price point they want... Hence some sellers are asking 400 pounds for a TX whilst others only 220

the-D-
05-11-2015, 18:21
Glad you didn't mind, me, I'm more of a stickler for good service.

^at spitfire

Flaw3dGenius
05-11-2015, 18:27

Over 50% failure rate or problems with the wheel on a thread over at GTForums. That suggests there is something severely wrong with the product.

My wheel had an issue I emailed them, the original response time was a bit slow 4-5 days I think. After that it took all of about 5-10mins to get the info they wanted and email it to them (picture of the serial number, quick video of the clunking noise, and my amazon invoice). Then the next morning they emailed me a pre paid packing slip to print out. The most effort I had to put in was packing it up in a box and driving it over to the local shipping place.

Yes it sucks that a 35 day old purchase had an issue, yes it sucked that I was without a wheel for just over 2 weeks, but Thrustmaster honored their warranty and sent me a replacement that works great. They even extended my warranty the 18 or so days I was without the wheel.

I chose to buy their product knowing there were bad apples out there so I just made sure I would have a valid warranty.

LOL! How nice of them!

the-D-
05-11-2015, 18:32
I like and agree with your sig by the way Flaw3d ;)

the-D-
05-11-2015, 18:39
Hmmm... 50% failure rate... Sorry but i would take that claim with a big pinch of salt!

Based on feedback on forums etc tends to be frm disgruntled customers... I wonder how many wheels thrustmaster have made and then what the sample size was...?

No one cares how much salt you would recommend taking, disgruntled? 'Damn' right, I pay good money to be gruntled, not otherwise lol!

Robhd
05-11-2015, 18:41
Yeah... I would be well disgruntled if my wheel went belly up on me...lol!

I would be the first one crying and chuckng my rattle about!

Liquid7394
05-11-2015, 19:03
Over 50% failure rate or problems with the wheel on a thread over at GTForums. That suggests there is something severely wrong with the product.
50% of how many people?

the-D-
05-11-2015, 19:06
Half of them lol!

Liquid7394
05-11-2015, 19:10
GTForums don't represent all T300 owners, so how many people are reporting issues?

the-D-
05-11-2015, 19:13
Why is it so important? Is it to defend the company for no good reason other than to piss off customers who have valid reasons to complain? Pffff!

Flaw3dGenius
05-11-2015, 19:14
50% of how many people?

Turns out it's less than 50% now...last time i seen it it was slightly over. The poll is now sitting at 43%

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/poll-thrustmaster-t300rs-gte-reliability-poll.329969/

the-D-
05-11-2015, 19:18
Turns out it's less than 50% now...last time i seen it it was slightly over. The poll is now sitting at 43%

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/poll-thrustmaster-t300rs-gte-reliability-poll.329969/

Don't think he's really looking for statistics, just a way to argue, injustice only affects some people when it befalls them.

Liquid7394
05-11-2015, 19:20
Why is it so important? Is it to defend the company for no good reason other than to piss off customers who have valid reasons to complain? Pffff!Because claiming a 50% failure rate is meaningless without a sample size.

Thanks for providing a link.

79 people really isn't a big sample size at all to be honest. A 44.3% failure rate based on all consumers would be alarming.

wyldanimal
05-11-2015, 19:25
My experience with my T300 ( which I bought New from Amazon )
was similar to the OP's
TM refused to acknowledge I had a Warranty Issue.
I did every test requested.
but the Calibration Software on the PC, kept showing it was OK.
after a few minutes of Use on the PS4, it wasn't working again..
hook it up on the PC, run TM's software and it tested OK again..
Sent Video of the Issues..
"Please connect it to your PC and run this Software.
report back the results.."

TM took the stance, that as long as it reported OK on the PC, their wasn't anything wrong with the Wheel.

But Hook it up to the PS4, and 10 Minutes later.. It's not working again..

I ended up replacing it with a G29,
Best thing I ever did...

I repaired the TM myself.
Some components on the CB..
I won't share which ones, because I'm so pissed at TM, no one is going to know how I fixed it..

T300 is a Nice Wheel. the Company, TM isn't so nice..

But I'm Happy to Own my G29, and if I hadn't had issues with the T300
I wouldn't have bought the G29..

Flaw3dGenius
05-11-2015, 19:27
Because claiming a 50% failure rate is meaningless without a sample size.

Thanks for providing a link.

79 people really isn't a big sample size at all to be honest. A 44.3% failure rate based on all consumers would be alarming.

Well you take it as an average. Imo for us guys over at GTP even 10% is to higher problem/failure rate.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 19:30
I think it's beyond alarming really.

Spitfire77
05-11-2015, 20:04
My experience with my T300 ( which I bought New from Amazon )
was similar to the OP's
TM refused to acknowledge I had a Warranty Issue.
I did every test requested.
but the Calibration Software on the PC, kept showing it was OK.
after a few minutes of Use on the PS4, it wasn't working again..
hook it up on the PC, run TM's software and it tested OK again..
Sent Video of the Issues..
"Please connect it to your PC and run this Software.
report back the results.."

TM took the stance, that as long as it reported OK on the PC, their wasn't anything wrong with the Wheel.

But Hook it up to the PS4, and 10 Minutes later.. It's not working again..

I ended up replacing it with a G29,
Best thing I ever did...

I repaired the TM myself.
Some components on the CB..
I won't share which ones, because I'm so pissed at TM, no one is going to know how I fixed it..

T300 is a Nice Wheel. the Company, TM isn't so nice..

But I'm Happy to Own my G29, and if I hadn't had issues with the T300
I wouldn't have bought the G29..

Curious.. did you call them or email them? I have seen other reports like yours and other good ones like mine. It is weird (but sometimes explainable) that people have such different experiences with their customer service.

I am the type that would not have let that go, I would have used a different email address or switched to calling and tried again. Then when I got the service I expected I would have reported the original customer service person I was dealing with to every email Thrustmaster has and put the full review on amazon with a poor rating.

Another issue I saw a person having was they were sending out brand new emails each time and not including their case number in the subject. This starts their service over again each time. So the response time starts over, you get a new customer service rep, etc..

I used to work at a company in QC/QA and ended up doing customer service rep monitoring at one point. (I could hear the calls but they did not know *when) and I found some really bad reps in the bunch and called their bosses personally. Our product did have a lot of problems and we were getting a lot of bad rep for service and deserved it. The company did not do much to remedy the issue and guess what.. now they are gone.

So if you are having issues with their service let it be known - but on the other side of that, I like to report that I personally had good service from them.

Sinco69
05-11-2015, 22:41
Update: To send the wheel back is just to expensive, so now I have contacted different electric stores to se if they can do a service on the wheel. From the 10 I have contacted just one replayed and said that they can help me.
Will try to leave the wheel on Monday and will post the progress.
Should be interesting to see if they can fix it, Thrustmaster sends a new one they don't even fix them.
Will post as soon as I get it back..

Spitfire77
05-11-2015, 23:11
Update: To send the wheel back is just to expensive, so now I have contacted different electric stores to se if they can do a service on the wheel. From the 10 I have contacted just one replayed and said that they can help me.
Should be interesting to see if they can fix it, Thrustmaster sends a new one they don't even fix them.

What thrustmaster did for me (USA California) is when they got my wheel they verify I did not void the warranty then they see what is wrong with it. Then they ship a wheel out from a closer location that was previously referbished by one of their techs and verified as working (it has a couple slips of paper in the box with inspector ID and other info). That way I do not have to wait for them to repair my wheel and ship it back from Canada.

That is the same process a few companies I have worked for do as well. They have verified working units ready to be shipped out as replacements when needed.

wyldanimal
06-11-2015, 04:39
Curious.. did you call them or email them? I have seen other reports like yours and other good ones like mine. It is weird (but sometimes explainable) that people have such different experiences with their customer service.

I am the type that would not have let that go, I would have used a different email address or switched to calling and tried again. Then when I got the service I expected I would have reported the original customer service person I was dealing with to every email Thrustmaster has and put the full review on amazon with a poor rating.

Another issue I saw a person having was they were sending out brand new emails each time and not including their case number in the subject. This starts their service over again each time. So the response time starts over, you get a new customer service rep, etc..

I used to work at a company in QC/QA and ended up doing customer service rep monitoring at one point. (I could hear the calls but they did not know *when) and I found some really bad reps in the bunch and called their bosses personally. Our product did have a lot of problems and we were getting a lot of bad rep for service and deserved it. The company did not do much to remedy the issue and guess what.. now they are gone.

So if you are having issues with their service let it be known - but on the other side of that, I like to report that I personally had good service from them.

I had Called them...
but the Number in the Booklet that came with the Wheel isn't a good Number, go Figure.. They don't want you to call I guess so they give out a bad number.
I had to search the web for it..

and every Effen time I hooked it up on the PC and ran that Stupid Software, it came back OK...
I even sent them Video of it Not working on the PS4..
Didn't effen matter, it worked on the PC so it wasn't broken..

wyldanimal
06-11-2015, 04:41

I got your PM, Best that you either work with TM or as I see now you might have found a repair center.

Sinco69
06-11-2015, 06:49
I got your PM, Best that you either work with TM or as I see now you might have found a repair center.

Yes I did, the Thrustmaster support sucks to be honest.
When I first send them a email I didn't get a answer, then I posted on Facebook asking them why I didn't get a answer it took 5 minutes and I got a message "can you please wright hare what the problem is"
I will now fix it hare in Sweden and never again bay Thrustmaster, as soon as I can I will bay Logitech G29..

gotdirt410sprintcar
06-11-2015, 06:55
Yes I did, the Thrustmaster support sucks to be honest.
When I first send them a email I didn't get a answer, then I posted on Facebook asking them why I didn't get a answer it took 5 minutes and I got a message "can you please wright hare what the problem is"
I will now fix it hare in Sweden and never again bay Thrustmaster, as soon as I can I will bay Logitech G29.. You should just save up and get the v2 from fanatec I have the gt3 now but that is my next step. not worth buying a g27/dfgt/g29 for 400 IMO of course

Sinco69
06-11-2015, 09:22
You should just save up and get the v2 from fanatec I have the gt3 now but that is my next step. not worth buying a g27/dfgt/g29 for 400 IMO of course

The Fanatec is a dream to get, but they cost allot :)

Robhd
06-11-2015, 10:50

This is clearly a very small sample rate for the percentage to seemingly fluctuate so much.. And i Reiterate my earlier comment that disgruntled customers tend to yell a lot more than the happy ones..

VR-Mustard
06-11-2015, 12:02
Infection for saying sh#ty.. Is this supposed to bother me in some way? This project cars website is full egotistical mods who obviously had very lonely childhoods. Give me an infraction so what! The sms team on here are a joke! This clipping on the wheels has been around since the beginning of the game and is still damaging wheels.

So go on give me that ban that you so desperately want to do because personally i can't wait for GT7 and Asetto to come out and blow this bug riddled game out the water.

Liquid7394
06-11-2015, 18:31
Bye.

Aizcold
06-11-2015, 18:32
Infection for saying sh#ty.. Is this supposed to bother me in some way? This project cars website is full egotistical mods who obviously had very lonely childhoods. Give me an infraction so what! The sms team on here are a joke! This clipping on the wheels has been around since the beginning of the game and is still damaging wheels.

So go on give me that ban that you so desperately want to do because personally i can't wait for GT7 and Asetto to come out and blow this bug riddled game out the water.

I see you're getting all worked up again, Captain Mustard. Perhaps this will help you calm down a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOz3p6k5O2g

Sinco69
14-11-2015, 15:32
I have now returned the T300RS and on Monday I am G29 owner...