PDA

View Full Version : Throttle using front Buttons IS BROKEN, You're not crazy.

BostonSpeed
04-11-2015, 15:18
EDIT---- The following post was written without the foreknowledge that analog face buttons were discontinued on the DS4 (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/24/ps4s-controller-ditches-its-analogue-buttons).

THERE IS NO WAY TO GET TOUCH SENSITIVITY WORKING FOR YOUR THROTTLE USING THE FRONT FACING BUTTONS! [X, square, triangle, circle].

I intended to keep this short and sweet but... I've had the game since the day it came out and have spent HUNDREDS of hours researching, experimenting and trying to accept this.

Despite what everyone else says, I think its b*****t! I just decided to create this PCars forum account specifically to start this thread. No amount of customization in the Controller Options menu will ever fix this. No amount of driving aides will ever fix this. This is unacceptable. And listening to everyone on the forums bash newcomers with the pretentious (its a racing sim) line is ridiculous. This is not a sim vs arcade issue. This isn't even a poor game design issue. It comes down to an oversight or ill derived decision by someone in a conference room. Either way, this needs to be fixed by the developer. If you are here out of frustration, at least take solace in the fact that you are NOT crazy. My coping mechanism has been to shelf the game until I see there has been a patch update then I check again to see if this has been fixed.

I would like to re-iterate... this is not a nature of the beast type of issue. IT IS BROKEN AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED. This game has been out for far too long for this to still be the case.

Sum Dixon-Ear
04-11-2015, 15:34
The DualShock 4 doesn't have analogue, pressure sensitive buttons... just digital... on or off...

BostonSpeed
04-11-2015, 15:41
Thanks for the speedy reply. Contemplated deleting my post but I think it serves a better purpose by being here to address this for other people who weren't aware of this!!! Dag Nabbit! Sony removed it for "lack of interested"!? Seriously!? This explains why its works on my PS3 games like GT.