PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS + PS4 + Sony Gold Wireless Headset + Buttkicker?

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-11-2015, 02:19
Does anybody know if the Buttkicker Gamer 2 can be used fully in conjunction with the Sony Gold Wireless Headset on the PS4?

As far as I can tell, the Gold Headset (when in game + chat mode) shuts off the HDMI audio signal from the PS4 as it outputs everything from the USB port via the Bluetooth dongle. Is there any way to have the Buttkicker G2 power amp receive a signal from the PS4/PCARS with these headphones in full audio mode?

Thanks.

wyldanimal
06-11-2015, 05:01
Does anybody know if the Buttkicker Gamer 2 can be used fully in conjunction with the Sony Gold Wireless Headset on the PS4?

As far as I can tell, the Gold Headset (when in game + chat mode) shuts off the HDMI audio signal from the PS4 as it outputs everything from the USB port via the Bluetooth dongle. Is there any way to have the Buttkicker G2 power amp receive a signal from the PS4/PCARS with these headphones in full audio mode?

Thanks.

I have the same Issue: when ever I use my Sony Bluetooth Headset, all the audio goes to the headset and my Subwoofer and tactile transducers get cut off.

the PS4 has an Optical output. I believe it's Always Live.
I just haven't tried it yet..

Anyone know if you can hook up the Optical output while use a Bluetooth headset?

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-11-2015, 12:39
Tried the optical out direct from the PS4 to my receiver with the headset on... nothing, optical signal is cut, just like HDMI.

Bugger.

rotorrian
06-11-2015, 13:27
Have you tried output to both headset and speakers?

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-11-2015, 13:40
Do you mean, chat only to headset? I've not seen an option to switch full audio to multiple outputs.

notanuva
06-11-2015, 13:42
Hold down the ps button until it brings up a menu click on Audio control and you will find different setting you can change it might help you out.

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-11-2015, 15:52
Unfortunately there are no options under the sub-menu that I can see which might help this situation, so far I'm pretty much stumped and rather pessimistic about there being any way to enable the two devices to work in tandem.
I have contacted PS4 support and the retail outlet that sold me the Buttkicker system, I've not heard back from Sony as yet, but did receive this reply from The Shaker Centre (UK) earlier today -

"I don't have a PS4 but doing a little research seems to suggest it is not
currently possible to output audio to another device simultaneously whilst
using USB headphones.
I will have a nose around to see what I can find out on the subject, but at
this point I don't have a solution I'm afraid."

It's not looking too promising at the moment... oh well.

P.S. Thanks all for trying to help, I appreciate it!

kingfuzz
06-11-2015, 21:33
1. Settings
2. Devices
3. Audio Devices
4. Output Devices

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-11-2015, 01:43
1. Settings
2. Devices
3. Audio Devices
4. Output Devices

So, how do you enable the wireless headset and output to the Buttkicker simultaneously via that menu?

Fight-Test
07-11-2015, 12:54
I have never been able to figure out to do this either with gold headset.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-11-2015, 14:49
Well... I got an 'answer' from Sony support, they didn't even read my question and just replied with some drivel about the PS4 not supporting third party Bluetooth headsets. Marvelous, that helped.

Andrescastaned
11-12-2015, 15:37
I have the same Issue: when ever I use my Sony Bluetooth Headset, all the audio goes to the headset and my Subwoofer and tactile transducers get cut off.

the PS4 has an Optical output. I believe it's Always Live.
I just haven't tried it yet..

Anyone know if you can hook up the Optical output while use a Bluetooth headset?

Did anyone try to connect both, headset and buttkicker directly to the Dual shock controller audio output using a 3.5mm Y Adapter ?

Victorqn
21-06-2016, 07:13
Does it have a solution?

Goresh
21-06-2016, 11:01
I use my televisions output jacks for both my Turtle Beach headset and buttkicker, is this a possibility for you?

Madwak55
21-06-2016, 21:00
Did anyone try to connect both, headset and buttkicker directly to the Dual shock controller audio output using a 3.5mm Y Adapter ?
Yes, I do that and it works fine :-)