PDA

View Full Version : AI Opponent Issues

Caspian_Tiger70
06-11-2015, 16:00
Hello this is my first time posting and I am not sure were this should go. I have a question about the AI opponents, I have been playing this game for a while now and have been adjusting the difficulty level, and have been have issues with the opponents just flying past me when I am at top speed; is there something I am doing wrong or is that haw the opponents increased their difficulty? I really like to drive but it has become very disheartening because I can not win because my opponents are so much faster than me. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I am playing on the PS4. Thank you for your time and have a great race.

Schnizz58
06-11-2015, 16:16
Most of us here have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the AI. For some, it's more of a hate/hate but most people acknowledge that the AI are probably better than any other game. That said, there's still a lot of room for improvement. The difficulty slider seems to adjust how fast they are in corners and also how aggressively they try to pass you. If they're passing you in the straights, then you might need to look to see if you're putting all the power down that you think you should. Bring up the telemetry HUD and see if you can figure out what's going on. I am almost always faster than them in the straights but they can brake later than I can at the higher settings so they make the time up in the corners. One thing you might look for is if you're using traction control and if the slip setting is too low (in the car setup), TC could be kicking in on the straights and cause you to lose power.

Also be aware that they want to try to own the racing line. They will cling to it like life itself. If you clearly establish yourself on the line coming into a turn, they will yield but if you go into a corner even with them, they will turn in on you. They are also quite willing to go off track to get around you, even through gravel.