PDA

View Full Version : Edit assignments resolved?

inthebagbud
07-11-2015, 08:24
Running the new xbox dashboard seems to have resolved the edit assignments issue ....... any others users of dashboard noticed this?

STEELJOCKEY
07-11-2015, 20:58
Not yet, but I always back out of the edit assignments window via the options window as this was the on,y way out with non default assignments. May also have been a fix in patch 5.0?

inthebagbud
08-11-2015, 04:54
Strange as by using B to back out I now do not get the error message anymore and I have changed all button assignments

Anybody know which button assignment causes the error so I can double check

Don't think it was patch 5 as only noticed this last week or so

Dan77 DESTROYER
08-11-2015, 05:05
I've recently changed my button assignments and it's working fine, before it was causing problems if you didn't assign the handbrake to a button but that seems to have gone.

STEELJOCKEY
08-11-2015, 05:44
Just checked and not resolved for me with the assignments I've selected, no handbrake assigned. Have to back out via menu and options still

inthebagbud
08-11-2015, 07:08
Just double checked and it is fixed for me , with no assignment for handbrake.

I reset my settings a couple of days ago , so maybe you have to reassign again for it to work

jbjs40
08-11-2015, 08:24
May not be related but this issue doesn't seem to go away. When checking set up before race I see that somehow the amount of fuel is the same number for liters and laps. That's not right. Then I restart session and it goes back to normal. Now for instance it says 60 liters= 14 laps. Before it says 60 ltrs = 60 laps. ITS A GOOD THING I CHECKED.....Erm. Does anyone know if this is being fixed anytime soon. BTW fantastic job on the updates! The handling in this game is way better and now it is much more realistic as in I can make changes and FEEL the differences. And is the steering ratio backwards? Can someone explain that to me?

STEELJOCKEY
08-11-2015, 21:39
Depends on the car and track, some will do less than a litre per lap.

STEELJOCKEY
08-11-2015, 21:43
Just double checked and it is fixed for me , with no assignment for handbrake.

I reset my settings a couple of days ago , so maybe you have to reassign again for it to work

Interesting, just got my new Xbox, new dashboard updated, may be I'm a patch or 2 behind you, because not working for me yet.

inthebagbud
09-11-2015, 16:01
Interesting, just got my new Xbox, new dashboard updated, may be I'm a patch or 2 behind you, because not working for me yet.

If your feeling brave you could do the wheel reset and input again to test if it needs this to work :eek:

STEELJOCKEY
10-11-2015, 07:31
I did a wheel reset with the new console, and the game had a completely fresh install including 4.5gb of patches. Hasn't fixed it for me......yet

inthebagbud
10-11-2015, 08:07
I did a wheel reset with the new console, and the game had a completely fresh install including 4.5gb of patches. Hasn't fixed it for me......yet

Strange that

Currently getting an update a day at present and now have keyboard support for navigating dashboard and also in pcars with wheel attached, but no button assignments to keyboard yet.

Need more feedback from other preview members on edit assignment but the xbox side of forum has been pretty dead over last few days, not sure if it's holiday season somewhere or all the new releases are taking people away but it is very quiet

Dynomight Motorsports
12-11-2015, 00:34
Can anyone with new Dash confirm or deny, that there are duplicate buttons on the TX? I have the GTE Rim and the 2 bottom Left buttons are also the "Back" and "Start" button. I'm hoping with the new update the TX will have more mappable buttons.

BTW Keyboard support was already available for PCars in the menu, but you couldn't map buttons to do anything. I've had a USB Keyboard hooked up for a while now. :yes:

STEELJOCKEY
12-11-2015, 03:14
Not as yet, still waiting on M$ to open up the number of mapable buttons

inthebagbud
19-11-2015, 14:19
@steeljockey

Just so you don't think you are going mad or being left out I can confirm that the edit assignments issue is not resolved, I must have had a different mapping and that's why it was working as I have made changes and the issue is back

andybell
19-11-2015, 14:45
Not fixed for me, I tried to map gear up and down to match Forza 6 last night and I was still getting the unassigned buttons message, going to have to try the work-a-round later on I think.