PDA

View Full Version : finish line glitch

nwrlchargerl
07-11-2015, 12:11
It's happened on every racing game I've played. Why is that if I finish first in a close race where the opponent is anywhere between 1 to 5 tenths behind me they always seem to finish in first even though I cross the line first? Bullshit. Extremely off putting if you ask me. Is there any work around for this?

Neil Bateman
07-11-2015, 12:16
Never happened to me in any race so not sure what that could be, is it already a known issue for xbox1?

TheReaper GT
07-11-2015, 12:27
Online? Career? Quick race weekend? If online it can be lag in it's finest moment

Sankyo
07-11-2015, 13:47
If you have a video of it happening, please post a link.

nwrlchargerl
07-11-2015, 14:43
I will get a friend to play it out with me. I will get back to you. I didn't record it stupidly. I have a video where it happens but you can't see the leader board as I recorded to soon

nwrlchargerl
07-11-2015, 14:44
Also, this is online

Fyllpen
07-11-2015, 16:46
I can confirm this also. Online, private lobby with 12-14 racers. If a driver finishes ahead with only tenths to a second the score board shows the other way around.

TAAT GUNA
07-11-2015, 17:08
It's happened on every racing game I've played. Why is that if I finish first in a close race where the opponent is anywhere between 1 to 5 tenths behind me they always seem to finish in first even though I cross the line first? Bullshit. Extremely off putting if you ask me. Is there any work around for this?

That hapen to me too, public lobby, clio cup and 3 of us finished very close, 1 guy in first, me in 2 and another guy in 3 with like 1 meter betwen us all three but in the end the one o came 1st got second place, me in third and de third one in first..lol i got video and ill upload once i get home

nwrlchargerl
07-11-2015, 18:00
It's not a project cars glitch in such, like I said I have had it on every racing game I've played lol. I have an good connection. Always have. Just annoys the life outta me that you put the time into qualifying and the race and you just get robbed like that lol.

Plato99
08-11-2015, 08:57
I can confirm this too. Crossed the line in fourth and got promoted to third. Literally neck and neck over the line but the other guy definitely had a nose ahead. This was in MP.

BCFCBristolRed
08-11-2015, 11:47
Could this be an online lag problem? I have very close finishes in single player quite often and haven't experienced this at all.

I have a pretty amazing internet connection but can still suffer lag issues if I play games like GTA online.

Mattyd
08-11-2015, 11:52
Just out of curiosity, did the person who finished just behind you, start a few places behind you? I am wondering whether this is down to the fact that their actual distance travelled over the time posted works out faster than you.

nwrlchargerl
08-11-2015, 13:20
I started the race 1 position ahead of the guy.

Fyllpen
08-11-2015, 15:36
Just out of curiosity, did the person who finished just behind you, start a few places behind you? I am wondering whether this is down to the fact that their actual distance travelled over the time posted works out faster than you.

No! Have experienced this two times. In one race the person behind was starting further up in the starting grid. And in the other race the person behind was starting behind in the starting grid.

Ugh.. hard to explain. I'm trying this instead:

Race one:
Qualifying: A - B
Race: B - A (close)
Scoreboard: A - B

Race two:
Qualifying: A - B
Race: A - B (close)
Scoreboard: B - A

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-11-2015, 08:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trG-wFsPEsA&feature=youtu.be

I started in 2nd, and finished in 2nd, but the moment I cross the line, its given me 1st for some reason.

chig88
11-11-2015, 10:53
Have seen this a lot in online races. Finish behind but get classified ahead.

I thought this was a known issue? Seem to remember it being mentioned a lot just after release.

nwrlchargerl
11-11-2015, 18:52
I think it's literally just connection. I remember racing against other guys and it would be a neck and neck finish and the results have been right. My friend storm usually beats me on the line if I'm in front of him, I'm in Britain, he's in Sweden.