PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Car Bug

webuserjonny
07-11-2015, 14:31
Cars sitting on the grid during replays is nothing new I know. It's something we just live with until a fix is found. But, and this is the first time this has happened to me, it seems these cars can also affect the race itself. Obviously you don't see anything during the actual race. I hope the following can be of some help to the dev team.

Private lobby multi player 26 lap Clio Cup race at Snetterton 200.
Weather was rain.
Start of the 2nd lap my car hits something invisible and instantly goes from 159kph to 120kph.
Only when I watched the replay did I see that what I hit was a car just sitting on the grid. There weren't any cars sitting during the actual race, everyone was moving and I was leading the race at that point. Nobody had left the race or got disconnected until over half way through the 26 lap race.

In Car Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbHh3rpy7Sg&feature=youtu.be

Replay Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpwQ3FcxaVc&feature=youtu.be

Sankyo
07-11-2015, 14:42
Thanks for the report!

Mike Laskey
09-11-2015, 12:13
Interesting one. Were you able to identify the vehicles ? Did their liveries match players who were racing?

Were there any pre-race sessions?

Did anybody join in progress during pre-race?

Did anybody leave, become DQ'd or disconnected in pre-race sessions?

Is there a replay of the game session leading up to the events?

webuserjonny
09-11-2015, 16:57
1. I'm asking all the drivers to tell me about this.

2. There was a 60 minute practice 1.
15 minute qualifying.
10 warm up.

3. I think one or two people did leave and return during practice 1. I don't think there any DQ's or disconnects. Again I'm asking the players about this.

4. There aren't any videos of the pre race sessions, but I do have my recording of the race and the full replay of the race. I will get these videos uploaded as soon as I can for you.

I'll report back as soon as I have the additional info.

Mike Laskey
09-11-2015, 17:37
I've now repro'd the duplicate vehicle on the track appearing in the replay, so potentially the collision issue mayexist, though I've not proven that part yet.

Simply,
1. Host create a lobby (I used Brands Hatch Indy, GT3, identical cars, up to 8 humans, 16 grid size, fill with AI, 2 x PS4's)
2. Client join the lobby
3. Load into 5 min practice
4. As soon as loaded, client choose Exit
5. Client rejoin via browse and load in (both just sit in pits, no need to drive)
6. Just prior to the 5 min practice expiry, I rebooted the client
7. Host advances to race
8. At end of the race, save the replay
9. Return to menu, view the replay

Replay attached showing the car spawned on the grid, of the participant who left the game during practice.221685

If anyone has time (Bruno/Tom/WMD) to try the above, have a play and see if it helps repro the phantom collision.

cluck
09-11-2015, 17:42
Some time back I hit lollygag's invisible car in a public lobby race. He had qualified first but disconnected (I can't remember if that was a deliberate or accidental action!) before the race started. There was a gap on P1 where his car should have been, but I hit his invisible car and the replay showed that there was a car there.

The qualifying session was definitely a JIP session and some people had come and gone whilst it was running.

I will check whether or not I still have the replay - I suspect it is long gone now, but if it's there then I will find some way of uploading it (not easy on my connection). I know the log files will have long since been cleared out - it was months ago now.

EDIT : ninja'd by Mike :o.

EDIT : Ooops, missed that this was in the PS4 section, sorry :o. I hit 'SMS posts' and saw this and thought it sounded familiar.

Djuvinile
09-11-2015, 18:16
In my replay it shows 2 cars not starting off the grid. and i got in-out and in the session during practice. doesn't show the car you are hitting though in my replay.

webuserjonny
09-11-2015, 18:38
From my replay:

The #3 Car

Video stays with this #3 car until after I have come round and gone past/ through it. No car spawns from it at race start, but I do know that 1 driver left about half way through race distance, so it might be him in that car. He was the only player to leave the race. Another person left during either practice 1 or qualifying, I can't remember which sorry. 13 cars started the race and 12 finished and those 12 players all stayed until the game returned to the lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qOu-wWsiUo&feature=youtu.be

TV Camera Replay of Angry Ant Clio (My Car)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfNqvyFggug&feature=youtu.be

On-board Recording Race Start

The car on pole is clearly using the wrong livery in the replay compared to my live on-board recording. Cars in 2nd and 3rd on the grid have correct liveries, as does my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjXGDweFpPg&feature=youtu.be

Cycle Through Grid Attempt

I'm trying to cycle through the cars on the grid to check liveries are correct. I start with my car which was starting from 4th and I right press to each car until I get back to my car. As you can see it seems to jump around the grid somewhat and I'm confused. :-/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_4FWVDjLtU

Trying to be as helpful as I can for you. If there's anything else I can do I will.

AndrexUK
10-11-2015, 13:08
Had this a couple of times over the last week. (On PC)
Post I made on our league forum (before I read this)
======
Only happens somewhere on the grid, and does not happen that often (4 times this week (twice in Le-Mans test run)).
But driving along the grid, I will hit a static invisible car (at least, I assume it's a car....it's invisible...!).
With damage on, I picked up about 48 aero damage + 58 engine damage! Although I guess this depends on where I hit the car (since I don't know...).
On the Le-mans session, I mentioned this in chat, and another driver said he had the same, and then he said, stick to the left, as that seems clear > So I did, and I hit something again (felt more of a glancing hit, rather than a full on hit).
I had damage = off on that run, so carried on ok, and it didn't happen on any other of the 10 laps (twice is twice too often anyway).
I tend to stick to the same line on each run, so don't know why it took to lap 4/5 before I had the smash.. maybe a solid ghost car of someone that left the lobby? (The reply doesn't show the text for ppl leaving, so difficult to tell).

Happened to me at Monza on a Public race a couple of days ago.
I saved the replay, but I don't have a clue how to use that to show you guys :(
======

I hadn't looked at the replay, but I suspect it was the same issue (although considerably more violent - with the front end of my car lifting up into the air - The 2nd hit at Le-mans in the same race didn't feel as bad).

AndrexUK
10-11-2015, 13:18
Raised the point on PC tech support forum:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41903-Invisible-(but-very-solid)-cars-on-grid&p=1167989#post1167989

webuserjonny
10-11-2015, 13:53
I saved the replay, but I don't have a clue how to use that to show you guys :(

Play the replay as you normally would but pause it. Using the Share button start recording and resume the replay. You will then be able to upload your video to Youtube and link to it.

AndrexUK
11-11-2015, 09:29
Thanks, I'll try this!

Mike Laskey
11-11-2015, 09:40
Looks like the collision and vehicle appearing in the replay are coincidence. I've asked the track team to check the Snetterton 200 grid straight for any anomalies since whilst I could repro the orphaned cars in the replay, they didn't seem to correlate to any unusual in-race behaviour.

webuserjonny
11-11-2015, 13:43
That's good to hear. :)

Thanks for the continued hard work on what is by far the best racing game/sim consoles have seen.

fresquito
11-11-2015, 14:53
I had this happen to me this weekend in Zolder. I saw the car in front of me moving, but I crashed into his invisible self. I didn't know what was happening. When I saw the replay, the car just never moved from its place. I can't make much of the replay though, since there're a lot of cars missing or positioned in the wrong place and having other cars starting off them.

hHre's the link to the replay: https://mega.nz/#!x982lCDB!RFlIkv15D6PfW_Qu9YTlhGz54WmfKBL18fAEeo37zJs