PDA

View Full Version : Chase cam

Brummy15
07-11-2015, 23:59
Seem to do better with chase cam. But I wanna use cockpit view for realism. Use a wheel asweel. Any advice? Should I use chase cam

Dan77 DESTROYER
08-11-2015, 00:37
The more you use cockpit view you'll get used to it, it feels a bit weird at first but the more cars you drive using it the easier it will become, can feel more of what the car is doing aswell.

ElectricBlues85
08-11-2015, 00:45
Cockpit view is great once you get the hang of. You're probably going to want to find buttons you can use for look left / look right.

Also, if you're on PC, you can press ctrl + k and then the arrow buttons to move the camera around. Also worth playing with the FOV settings.

Good luck!

STEELJOCKEY
08-11-2015, 00:55
Just stick with it till you get used to it, or start with bumper cam and move from there to cockpit cam. So much more satisfying, though I have found bumper cam easier to drive quick with.

Cheekiecharlie
09-11-2015, 12:57
i was on cockpit view ,but found it hard to see wing mirrors on some cars ,so i started using helmet cam ,i now find this best for me personally ,when i use cockpit cam now ,it just doesnt feel right ,but as said,give them all a fair go ,try for a couple of races in each ,there are pro's and cons to all views ,its just finding what suits your gaming/racing style.......it will become easier the more you use a certain camera

TheReaper GT
09-11-2015, 13:12
i was on cockpit view ,but found it hard to see wing mirrors on some cars ,so i started using helmet cam ,i now find this best for me personally ,when i use cockpit cam now ,it just doesnt feel right ,but as said,give them all a fair go ,try for a couple of races in each ,there are pro's and cons to all views ,its just finding what suits your gaming/racing style.......it will become easier the more you use a certain camera

That can be solved with FOV adjustments. I use 100 fov in cockpit view and I can see the mirrors in almost every car.

Cheekiecharlie
09-11-2015, 14:15
That can be solved with FOV adjustments. I use 100 fov in cockpit view and I can see the mirrors in almost every car.

thanks yes i know,i like the dash closer without the visual wheel ,i'll have another play around with it ,as the blur can be a bit off putting in helmet cam sometimes

TheReaper GT
09-11-2015, 14:51
thanks yes i know,i like the dash closer without the visual wheel ,i'll have another play around with it ,as the blur can be a bit off putting in helmet cam sometimes

The helmet can is highly customizable, you can turn the blur off...

Cheekiecharlie
10-11-2015, 00:27
thanks,didnt know about that,i'll have a play around :o

Innerspace_HQ
10-11-2015, 00:37
Try starting with bumper as suggested, or even 't-cam' (roof cam?). Personally I prefer the roof cam, I find cockpit views not particularly great. I shouldn't see a wheel in my hand and another on screen. Roof cam gives you a little more spacial awareness than bumper but chase cam is not connected to the car, you'll never be as accurate with it.

TheReaper GT
10-11-2015, 00:49
Try starting with bumper as suggested, or even 't-cam' (roof cam?). Personally I prefer the roof cam, I find cockpit views not particularly great. I shouldn't see a wheel in my hand and another on screen. Roof cam gives you a little more spacial awareness than bumper but chase cam is not connected to the car, you'll never be as accurate with it.

Have you tried turn the wheel off?

Innerspace_HQ
10-11-2015, 00:50
Have you tried turn the wheel off?

News to me haha. I've not really played it much last couple of months. Has that option always been there??

TheReaper GT
10-11-2015, 00:54
News to me haha. I've not really played it much last couple of months. Has that option always been there??

Yep, you disable the visual wheel and the pilot inside the car. Only wheels with data like formula or prototype cars are shown but without pilot and they are static. My guess is that after the companion apps start to spread among console users they could offer an option to disable those too. And the options was always there :P

Innerspace_HQ
10-11-2015, 00:55
Yep, you disable the visual wheel and the pilot inside the car. Only wheels with data like formula or prototype cars are shown but without pilot and they are static. My guess is that after the companion apps start to spread among console users they could offer an option to disable those too. And the options was always there :P

Ahhh I see. Given 99% of the time I spend in the FA that might not be much use to me but thanks kindly for alerting me to that feature!

SUBGTRACER
10-11-2015, 01:31
With a wheel in car or bonnet cam is the way to go !

Myself in car all the way everyday.

Innerspace_HQ
10-11-2015, 01:59
With a wheel in car or bonnet cam is the way to go !

Myself in car all the way everyday.

I find it's gotta be roof in the FA (I live in that car), bumper cam is just too low to race effectively if you're chasing somebody down in close quarters. I call it T-Cam but I think it's labeled as roof cam in this? That's my favourite, just above the drivers head so it's almost bang on but just a little higher to allow more view of the road if you've got a car blocking your path. Although I may go play about with the options a little more now I know there's some I didn't see first time out. Got 4 days off starting in 4 hours, that's as good an excuse as any :)

Cheekiecharlie
10-11-2015, 20:25
what setting turns the blur off mate ,do you know off hand :)

Ixoye56
11-11-2015, 06:54
what setting turns the blur off mate ,do you know off hand :)

Helmet Depth Of Field = No

Play around with the helmet settings until you get satisfied, here is my personal settings right now....

Helmet Camera = 75
Field Of View Speed Sensitivity = Yes
Minimum Speed Sensitivity = 90
Maximum Speed Sensitivity = 110
Minimum Speed Sensitivity Speed = 60 mph
Maximum Speed Sensitivity Speed = 150 mph
High Speed Shake = On
World movement = 85
G-Force Effect = 100
Show Helmet = No
Helmet Depth Of Field = No
Helmet Look To Apex = 50
Helmet Leaning = 95

Cheekiecharlie
11-11-2015, 11:51
great thankyou ,i'll give those a go

Dynomight Motorsports
11-11-2015, 23:40
I love the Helmet cam, you can turn the Helmet off, but I leave it on for realism when in open cockpit. Other than that I run with Look to Apex at 50, Camera Lean 50 Its really nice when the view pans to the Apex, you hardly notice. Also there is a big mirror if you cycle through the HUD, I save my Look-Left and Right for more important things.