PDA

View Full Version : Any leagues running retro cars? My clutch and h-shifter are getting antsy....

guybo
09-11-2015, 02:28
Hi everyone. After racing GT3 cars for a couple years, I'd love to dust off my clutch and lightning SST and race some older cars. Are there any groups running regular PC races that fit the bill? I really like longer races (any tracks) as I race in another AC league now and we do 1 hour sprint races.

Gt3 is afun and all, but there's a certain physical skill those old cars need that lacks in modern cars with dual clutches and flappy paddles. I want to heel and toe!

Ralph B
10-11-2015, 12:49
Would be definitifely in, if there's something like a vintage-league - unfortunately I'm looking for that since a long time, too. There are not much public servers running historical touring cars and good old group A. And when you find a lobby, it's often full of crashkids and chaots, that ruin your race within the first meters.
For me a race doesn't need to last one hour or longer (but haven't a problem with that either), but those ususal 5 lappers on public servers are a bit to less for my taste. Apart from my personal preferrence longer races don't make much sense on public servers, as lately after 2 laps about 2/3 of the participants have left the server after having crashed their cars in the first lap or 'cause they can't accept anything elses than being the leader. So I would definitively support a vintage league.

guybo
16-11-2015, 06:30
I was in a HistoriX league with rF1 a few years ago and we did 45 min races. That league was fun because we used all kinds of cars from that mod. I am in a league and I'm trying to gauge interest in a series like this with pCars. If we find the people, we can give it a go

www.virtualsportscarracing.com

Mahjik
16-11-2015, 18:39
I was in a HistoriX league with rF1 a few years ago and we did 45 min races. That league was fun because we used all kinds of cars from that mod. I am in a league and I'm trying to gauge interest in a series like this with pCars. If we find the people, we can give it a go

www.virtualsportscarracing.com

Which cars are you looking to use?

guybo
16-11-2015, 23:17
Not sure, it depends on what everyone wants to use. I'm very partial to the BMW M1 cars though. Also, I like the 90's Mustang Cobra TransAm and that'd fit perfectly into this idea as well. That said, there's a lot of cars in pCars that use manual clutch and h-shifting.

Mahjik
19-11-2015, 18:01
Joined the forum... Looking for some more drivers... ;)