PDA

View Full Version : lap records for each car?

kurja
09-11-2015, 08:54
In time trial mode I can see what my best lap time is on that track and I can 'race' against that ghost, but I can't find anywhere what my fastest lap is with any other cars on that track? Is that information kept anywhere? As it is, if I ever run a formula A car on a track that's what I'll have as my personal quickest from there on, but I'd like to know what my fastest time is/was on other cars too. Can't I?? It would be great if there were leader boards for other vehicles too, as now it's just formula A. Unless I just can't find it??

wOoDsTeR16
09-11-2015, 10:22
Thats because you don't get single car ranking on the xbox/ps4, its on PC only

Psychomatrix
09-11-2015, 10:52
Yes that would be great and the argument it cost to much server space is ridiculous. Thats maybe 1 mb more. Replays cost million times more cloud space. And they don't must be saved in the online leaderboards. It could be saved in the gamesave so only the players see that laptimes.

inthebagbud
09-11-2015, 12:27
I I remember from previous discussions on this it is down to the limitations on the number of tables you can have with consoles - maybe a mod can find the post which was from SMS

Didd31
09-11-2015, 16:31
what limitation of tables that we can have with console ??? have you never seen the power of the rank system for Forza ?

the limitation is on the server side not on the local unit, a simple smart phone can do the job !

it's sure that it's more expensive to a studio to rent as data base space for console than for PC, while Microsoft with Forza has their own enormous xBox dedicated databases.

SUBGTRACER
09-11-2015, 16:48
It really is badly implamented ...... I don't even bother to do time trials because of the way it's set up ....

TheReaper GT
09-11-2015, 16:54
what limitation of tables that we can have with console ??? have you never seen the power of the rank system for Forza ?

the limitation is on the server side not on the local unit, a simple smart phone can do the job !

it's sure that it's more expensive to a studio to rent as data base space for console than for PC, while Microsoft with Forza has their own enormous xBox dedicated databases.

Forza has the same limitations as other games. Leaderboards are stored on xbox live servers as a maner to feed xbox live leaderboards and rankings (which are poor implemented by the way). Forza don't have leaderboards by car because of the stupid PI system, so they have class leaderboards (which are another joke because of the PI system) where you have GT and hypercars together for example..

inthebagbud
09-11-2015, 16:55

Hey I was only the messenger......:confused:....... this is the original thread with explanation http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40310-ANSWERED-Leaderboard-No-details&p=1139551&viewfull=1#post1139551

STEELJOCKEY
10-11-2015, 06:28
M$ has a limit of 1000 leaderboards. Multiply the number of classes by the number of tracks and we have too many for M$ limits. Shame, as we don't need too many more to see all the board classes.

kurja
10-11-2015, 07:19
I (op) would have been happy with a locally stored record of fastest time on each track with each car... Ghosts for those, and maybe records for lap times achieved in races would have been a cherry on top.

Funny that the previous console racing game I played was Gran Turismo on PS2, 15 years ago a machine that used external 8Mb memory cards and I could save ghosts as I wanted and now it's somehow too much for the xb1 system to handle to remember what my quickest lap time was on each car :applause: