PDA

View Full Version : Random buttons being pushed (just not by me) BUG

CobMcCool
09-11-2015, 13:36
This has been going on for a few weeks now and it's starting to diversify into different things being activated.
Firstly, I use a T300 gte with helmet cam view in a downloaded version of the game and a few weeks back it started with;
During heavy braking, like a fast approach to a hairpin, the game reacts briefly like I have pushed the LOOK LEFT button, this has happened many times on at least two tracks (Dubai and Watkins glen) and continues to occur and is somewhat disorientating especially in traffic.
Now, in the last 2 days the game has reacted as if I have pushed the pause button mid race (and I can 100% say that I have not accidentally pushed or bumped it) and when I hit resume to go back to the race it either has automatically activated a PIT REQUEST or activated the WINDSCREEN WIPERS. These glitches have occurred both online and offline, are starting to become more frequent and extremely bloody annoying.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so is there a fix or if not this is probably something the devs may need to look into.
Cheers

alegunner68
09-11-2015, 21:49
This has been going on for a few weeks now and it's starting to diversify into different things being activated.
Firstly, I use a T300 gte with helmet cam view in a downloaded version of the game and a few weeks back it started with;
During heavy braking, like a fast approach to a hairpin, the game reacts briefly like I have pushed the LOOK LEFT button, this has happened many times on at least two tracks (Dubai and Watkins glen) and continues to occur and is somewhat disorientating especially in traffic.
Now, in the last 2 days the game has reacted as if I have pushed the pause button mid race (and I can 100% say that I have not accidentally pushed or bumped it) and when I hit resume to go back to the race it either has automatically activated a PIT REQUEST or activated the WINDSCREEN WIPERS. These glitches have occurred both online and offline, are starting to become more frequent and extremely bloody annoying.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so is there a fix or if not this is probably something the devs may need to look into.
Cheers

My headlights randomly turn on and once or twice the share screen has appeared which was a bit of a shock. Not sure if it's a thrustmaster thing (t300rs here), or the game.

Spitfire77
09-11-2015, 22:36
My headlights randomly turn on and once or twice the share screen has appeared which was a bit of a shock. Not sure if it's a thrustmaster thing (t300rs here), or the game.

Random button presses have been reported by people using the T300 on different games as well - ps3 and ps4

RomKnight
09-11-2015, 22:43
I had that last month... My CSWv2 went to be repaired and that's it.

SUBGTRACER
10-11-2015, 00:06
Ok I may be wrong but I would suggest you check all the screws on that wheel , I have had this problem it sounds like something is lose and when the wheel flexes it is touching a button in turn you are getting the button press .......

Check the screws and or alan key bolts on the back of the wheel ..... and the front .

I previously had my paddle knocking down 2 gears instead of one and some random button pushing it was the screws at the end of the day.

graveltrap
10-11-2015, 00:18
My T300RS does random button presses from time to time, I also think that flexing the wheel is the cause!

CobMcCool
10-11-2015, 00:51
Fair point, however it has done it exiting the pits at spa just after I get manual control with no pressure on the wheel at all.

SUBGTRACER
10-11-2015, 01:48
Have you got the latest firmware. are you using a usb hub ?

CobMcCool
10-11-2015, 08:05
Yes and no

ElectricBlues85
10-11-2015, 12:45
I'be had similar issues. It doesn't bother me too much vs AI because the game pauses when the share/PS button gets random presses. When online the i've wrecked my race (and others) on a few occasions.

I've tried tightening all screws here and it didn't make any difference at the time but It has been a while since it's happened now I think about it (probably shouldn't have said that).

avijan
10-11-2015, 16:29
I'm experiencing the same issues with my t300rs. First time was post patch 3.0 I think. Headlights (most of the times) and pause/share button would randomly register a press. It has happened under 10 times in all since I got the wheel a couple of months ago - and only in PCars.

chig88
11-11-2015, 13:51
Yup, have had this every now & again. Mostly seems to react as if I've pressed the PS button & kicks me to the PS4 menu, but last night it paused the game (not a big deal).

As ElectricBlues said - it's not much of a problem in single player (unless you're in the middle of a corner), but it can be a race-killer in multiplayer :(.

EDIT: Actually now I think of it, I've been having a problem with the HUD turning itself off randomly. Possibly due to this bug?

I've got the F1 wheel & the HUD selection button is mapped to one of the rotary switches, so it would maybe be less likely to be caused by wheel flexing?

webuserjonny
11-11-2015, 14:50
I had this problem with my T300RS. I found that the hex head bolts on the wheel hub needed pinching up. Did that and haven't had the problem since. Don't go OTT though, just pinch up a little tighter.

CobMcCool
11-11-2015, 23:50
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have tightened everything up and so far, so good.
Cheers

JonZ
04-01-2016, 18:36
Got my T300 few weeks ago. Just ran into the exact problem (but with Driveclub) and a friend of mine confirm that his wheel did the same thing in pCARS one time or two. It so random. One day it doesn't happen at all then the next day it could happen 20 times in an hour.

The great news is I sit in the same building of a Thrustmaster servicing center and I contacted the main manager (but he told me that their branch is currently very busy so there's no garanties to prioritize me without opening a ticket).

JonZ
06-01-2016, 21:12
Ok I am in contact with TM support and so far, I don't like the way they are processing it. After the usual run down this diagnostic here, unplug and replug low level checklist, now they ask me to unscrew the wheel from the base and check if the wheel is tight enough to not leave gaps from the buttons inside, then ask me to unscrew it to see how it is inside, if everything is tight. Sounds like they got it backward, and it a bit illogical to me. Unscrewing the wheel construction to check the circuit board is likely the worst procedure to make to a customer. Especially that is that kind of operation that made my G27 useless just as recently.

cmch15
06-01-2016, 22:42
Got my T300 few weeks ago. Just ran into the exact problem (but with Driveclub) and a friend of mine confirm that his wheel did the same thing in pCARS one time or two. It so random. One day it doesn't happen at all then the next day it could happen 20 times in an hour.

The great news is I sit in the same building of a Thrustmaster servicing center and I contacted the main manager (but he told me that their branch is currently very busy so there's no garanties to prioritize me without opening a ticket).

Assuming it is new, if I was getting issues only a few weeks after buying it, it would be going back to where I purchased it. My friend had an issue with his T150 and went back to PCworld and got it replaced.

RomKnight
07-01-2016, 01:09
T500 today on our last endurance race (friend of mine not me) He was constantly saying the view has changed again. So for him it was the button that's mapped to that that kept being pressed.

It seems to be a TM problem. Anything changed on SMS side in patch 7 wrt to TM wheels? Did anyone tried to revert to prior fw and see if it happens?

JonZ
07-01-2016, 13:32
little off topic guys from me guys but do you know how to get the regular controller works as the primary during a game? I run a couple of replays and with the wheel it a bit awkward. I prefer much with a controller but it doesn't do anything except going into the PS menu.

Liquid7394
09-01-2016, 22:27
I get this on very rare occasions. I've never had it happen in Driveclub or The Crew, and it always either pauses or brings up the homescreen. It's definitely a Pcars problem because it turns my lights and wipers on at the exact same time. I'm uploading a video showcasing it since it happened twice in the span of a few minutes.