PDA

View Full Version : Chrashing to xbone dashboard when selecting a car

Jeffrey1808
09-11-2015, 21:38
Hello guys,

I'm having te following problem when i play p.cars:
Almost every time i select a car in multiplayer the game crashes to dashboard.
I go in multiplayer lobby to the car selection menu, then i press y to go to my garage after that
I select a car, and when i change the livery the game crashes to xb dashboard.
This happens almost every time when i am in online multiplayer, and 2 times in the last 3 days in career mode.
What i've already tried is:
#uninstall and reinstall the game (keeping savefile)
#uninstall and reinstall the game ( savefile removed from cloud and xbox)
# evertime after un/reinstall a hard reset
#hard reset when it has crashed
#delete mac adres
# clear permanent memory of blue ray player (every time i start p.cars)

I have the disc version
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Greets jeffrey

Umer Ahmad
09-11-2015, 22:46
so far which cars have caused this problem?

I would say you have pretty much tried everything i can think of to resolve it unfortunately.

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-11-2015, 11:41
Its been doing this to me for the last few nights. If I pick the M3 GT and try to cycle through the paintjobs, its just exits the game, back to the dashboard.

It happened to me last night trying to select the paint for the Z4 GT3.

I think its paintjob related.

Jeffrey1808
11-11-2015, 12:00
It happens to every car i choose but mostly the ruff rgt8 gt3. I also noticed that the game is running real slow when i select a livery ( loading the livery takes longer than normal) and just as the livery applies, the game crashes.

Plato99
11-11-2015, 20:01
Its been doing this to me for the last few nights. If I pick the M3 GT and try to cycle through the paintjobs, its just exits the game, back to the dashboard.

It happened to me last night trying to select the paint for the Z4 GT3.

I think its paintjob related.

Same here. Same car. Same result.

Flat_out
11-11-2015, 20:08
Had this happen too!
Put it down to random crashes but now I think of it,I was going through the liveries I think of Z4.

Jezza819
11-11-2015, 22:54
It's been happening to me for the first ever since patch 5.0. It's only happened a couple of times so I can't see any pattern yet but I do think it's odd that it just started happening recently.

Flat_out
11-11-2015, 23:09
It's been happening to me for the first ever since patch 5.0. It's only happened a couple of times so I can't see any pattern yet but I do think it's odd that it just started happening recently.

Same for me.Right after 5.0 update.

inthebagbud
12-11-2015, 06:05

And me .....never had any crashes to dashboard before 5 but probably have one a session now, thought it maybe preview dashboard related but will keep my out for a pattern

Jeffrey1808
13-11-2015, 09:15
Forgot to mention; ik also is happening to me sinds patch 5.0. last night played 4 hours and had 5 crashes to xb1 dash...

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-11-2015, 12:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA25550ytEg

Jeffrey1808
14-11-2015, 17:16
I had the new xbox 1 experience downloaded and the new dash was beautiful... right until p.cars crashed in to it 3 times:mad:

Jeffrey1808
14-11-2015, 17:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA25550ytEg

Yep thats it! It happens the most wit the RUF GT3 when i select (my favorite) bold livery

Ixoye56
14-11-2015, 17:45
Same for me.Right after 5.0 update.

Same for me, but only one time right after 5.0 update .

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 19:15
This is still happening when going through BMW liveries.Just been kicked back to dash wile trying to select M3 GT from MY GARAGE.

chrisff87
18-11-2015, 20:07
Same for me, but only one time right after 5.0 update .

Same for me, since patch 5.0
Hopefully it has been acknowledged already and we get a fix soon

inthebagbud
18-11-2015, 23:46
This is now a regular occurrence when selecting cars whether in FP or TT experienced it 5 times night with various cars GT3, Formula Rookie, Atom 300 and different tracks.

Definitely only since patch 5 for me

wOoDsTeR16
19-11-2015, 07:39
This happened to me last night while selecting the Longtail, but its only happened the once

RoccoTTS
19-11-2015, 08:10
Yesterday it happened for me the first time when selecting the Mercedes SLS GT3 in My Garage. I never had a crash when selecting cars in My Garage before patch 6.0.

inthebagbud
19-11-2015, 17:29
OK this is not just related to selecting cars just had it going from garage to options & help using the menu button

Wonder whether its a length of time thing as been playing about 3 hours plus today and probably more yesterday when it happened numerous times

EDIT

Ok just crashed again exiting a career practice after another 2hr 10min of continuous play

Jeffrey1808
21-11-2015, 17:36
the last 2 days it crashed every 3 times i select a car in multiplayer. Its not fun anymore, its so annoying i'd rather play a shitty game like forza 6 with its crappy steering and stupid sounds but at least it doesn't crash to xbox dashboard

Dynomight Motorsports
22-11-2015, 01:36
I can vouch for this.. been doing this since patch 5.0. It happens to me every other time I create a Lobby. Meaning I can create one lobby and it works fine, then the second one, while selecting the car it crashes to dashboard.

Jeffrey1808
26-12-2015, 19:41
Hey there!

I've been away for a while, but this week i finally had some time to play pcars.
I installed patch 7.0, hard reset, started p.cars. and first thing i tried was; does it crash after 3 times selecting a car in multiplayer...
well unfortunately yes it still does that:( exact every third time i select a car in multiplayer it crashes to xbone dash. This is very annoying because often when i have rebooted the game and select MP, the race i wanted to join has already started.

In case a dev. Is reading this; here's a step by step.
Like i said it ALWAYS happens EXACT every 3rd time i select a car model and livery in MP so there's a pattern.

#First i select a race in the "browse" screen.
#Second i select the "vehicle" button
# in "quick vehicle selection" screen i press Y to go to "my garage",
#in "my garage" i press select car.
#then i select raceclass
#then the car brand i want.
#and when i select the model and livery it crashes to xbox dash.

BCFCBristolRed
31-12-2015, 09:16
Is there any word on fixes for this? This happens to me also, seems to be every 3rd or 4th time I want to select a different livery. :/

Flat_out
31-12-2015, 11:25
As I've posted many times.This urgently needs looked at.Keeps getting worse and worse.If it can't be fixed in pcars1 how do we know it will not rear its ugly head in pcars2?

Blunt RS
31-12-2015, 12:55
Am also crashing in the other title which I don't want to say. Imo its the xbox one new dashboard causeing a lot of issues.

OpticalHercules
03-01-2016, 19:02
I haven't been able to play since patch 7.0 released because of hardware problems, but finally got my xbox back 3 days ago and got to start playing around with patch 7.0.

Prior to 7.0 I would crash to dashboard not very often and usually when loading a race session of any kind, as soon as the loading screen darkened to bring up the actual race session screen. No other real crash issues.

Since 7.0 I crash to dashboard 50% of the time I click "Select Car" while in the career calendar. When I go to pick my car for any of the multi-car invitationals, it is literally every other time that the game crashes. This happened while I was in GT3 career and tried to select car for both the 25hr panorama madness events (road car and race car versions), the 24hr le mans, then I switched to a Formula Rookie career and had crashes on all of the first few invitational screens when selecting cars there; the BMW M-1 Eifelwald event, the Road TC1 UK cup, and the Historic GT5 UK (or euro? forgot which, whichever happens in February) Cup. I assume from this it doesn't matter what career i'm actually set on as with the Rookie I hadn't yet done any Formula Rookie races nor entered that car.

For me, the crash happens after you select "Select Car", you then get the screen with the Infinite sign and the choice of Classes. It is when I make my selection here, no matter if I choose the class or the infinite, the game will crash every other time. Whichever option I pick, I then briefly see the car brand list, but then screen goes black and that's it.

I should also note that I have all 4 livery packs installed, all Free Car packs. I also have the Modified, Premium, Racing Icons, Audi Ruapuna, and Aston Martin DLC car packs installed. I DO NOT have the New for Old, Red Bull, Lotus Classic, Renault Sport, Toyota/Mitsubishi, or Ford Oval packs installed.

I hope this information helps isolate whatever is causing this issue. Sooner or later one of these crashes is going to wipe out my 7th game save file, and I think I'm now further along on my current one than I was on my first and most advanced save...

kevin kirk
04-01-2016, 20:56
same here.

Bincenzo
06-01-2016, 19:55
Silly question chaps, how do I know how up to date my game is? I've just bought and installed it so I'd hope it's automatically applied the latest patch. I too have had the game return to dashboard.

nissan4ever
06-01-2016, 20:20
Silly question chaps, how do I know how up to date my game is? I've just bought and installed it so I'd hope it's automatically applied the latest patch. I too have had the game return to dashboard.

At the main screen where you can select career or free practice or etc. The bottom left corner will show you the build #. Should say V7.0...........

Schnizz58
06-01-2016, 20:24
Am also crashing in the other title which I don't want to say. Imo its the xbox one new dashboard causeing a lot of issues.
Could be. It started at about that time.

bluesky0870
07-01-2016, 01:58
Could be. It started at about that time.

Ctds started one or two weeks earlier than the release of the new dashboard with patch 5.0 at the end of October, beginning of November.
The new dash arrived at 12th of November afair.

Blunt RS
07-01-2016, 13:18
Yea officially it was the 12th but a lot myself inc had the dashboard before with the preview program.

Spiny Anteater
07-01-2016, 19:06
I know that people were experiencing crashes to dashboard before the update, but from my own point of view the first crash I had was on the day the new dashboard came out. I have had crashes since, but the total number is still in single figures.

I can't comment on whether other games are affected though since I haven't played any non-PCars games in a long while - since about June I think :)

Bincenzo
07-01-2016, 19:21
At the main screen where you can select career or free practice or etc. The bottom left corner will show you the build #. Should say V7.0...........

Top man, thank you, I'll have a look at the weekend.