PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating T3PA with conical mod & info about general FFB settings with TX

AMarchesini92
10-11-2015, 08:44
I guys, i really love play Project Cars on my Xbox one with my Tx so recently i decided to buy T3PA or T3PA-PRO (still have to decide) and the TH8A sequential shifter, i already have TM leather 28 GT add-on.
I will mount everything on my playseat challenge and now my questions are:
1) how to calibrate properly T3PA pedals with conical mod? Is it better to use with strong or medium resistance? Is it necessary to use conical mod on all three pedals or just on the brake for a real feeling? I think i'll go for the normal T3PA, thanks for the price (i found it used with just 70) and for space issues (i have playseat challenge).
2) second issue is about ffb general settings. Now i play with everythink default apart from TF (I set it to 60) and per car 66% jack spade settings. It already feels great? Which settings are u using? I want to try different ones.
See you on the track!
Thanks
Marche777: xbox live name

Robhd
10-11-2015, 08:53
Calibrating the pedals is exactly the same with the mod fitted... Push the pedal as far as you can.

There is only the mod adaptor which is for the brake pedal... Have you ever heard of a car where you can't push the throttle or clutch pedals down to the maximum position... Be more than a bit weird!

AMarchesini92
10-11-2015, 10:30
Of course! No my questions came from the fact that in my mind, with the conical mod mounted, you can't push the brake completely to get a 100 during calibration. So do you think that normal T3PA is a good purchase? And what about your ffb settings?

D3L8OY
10-11-2015, 11:08
[QUOTE=AMarchesini92;1167827]I guys, i really love play Project Cars on my Xbox one with my Tx so recently i decided to buy T3PA or T3PA-PRO (still have to decide) and the TH8A sequential shifter, i already have TM leather 28 GT add-on.
I will mount everything on my playseat challenge and now my questions are:
1) how to calibrate properly T3PA pedals with conical mod? Is it better to use with strong or medium resistance? Is it necessary to use conical mod on all three pedals or just on the brake for a real feeling? I think i'll go for the normal T3PA, thanks for the price (i found it used with just 70€) and for space issues (i have playseat challenge).
2) second issue is about ffb general settings. Now i play with everythink default apart from TF (I set it to 60) and per car 66% jack spade settings. It already feels great? Which settings are u using? I want to try different ones.
See you on the track!
Thanks
Marche777: xbox live name[/QUOTE
I have the 3TPA Pro pedals and tried the Ricmotech Mod, I found this just to hard to depress and just did not work for me on the XBOX ONE. I went back to the Conical mod and am much happier now. I just push the pedal all the way to 100% and all is good.
I also found that 67% tyre force and 100% FFB works really well for me with the TX wheel

Robhd
10-11-2015, 12:50
Standard T3pa pedals are a vast improvement over the stock pedals and i love them... Haven't tried the pro pedals so can't comment on those... But they are a bit pricey!

I personally love the conical brake mod... I have had fanatec pedals wity a load cell in the past and think the brake mod works pretty much as well as a cell when you adapt to it... Maybe i just have wooden feet...lol!

I have been more than happy using Jack Spades feedback set ups... I loved the bumps plus set ups as it is really exciting but have settled on the Classic version as i think it may be a bit kinder to my TX in the long run.

I have read lots of technical discussions on the forum about ffb but a lot of it sailed over my head... I decided months ago i was happy finding some settings that made the game fun and realistic enough for me... Jacks work for me!

Setting the cars up is enough of a challenge... Throwing in the ffb variance just ended up confusing the matter for me..

Haiden
10-11-2015, 17:24
Of course! No my questions came from the fact that in my mind, with the conical mod mounted, you can't push the brake completely to get a 100 during calibration. So do you think that normal T3PA is a good purchase? And what about your ffb settings?

The point of calibration isn't to get the pedal to register 100. The point is to let the game know what your actual range is. If you can only get it to 65, then fine. That's what the game needs to know, so it can adjust and scale it's 0-100 range to match your 0-65 range.