PDA

View Full Version : Fan noise too high

Falconeye
12-11-2015, 10:18
Hi,

Project cars is making a lot of fan noise, even when I am just in the menu and not running, like if the CPU was always at 100 %. Is it normal for you ? Even Destiny after 3 hours of game is not doing so much noise.

Thanks.

Fre.Mo
12-11-2015, 13:08
my ps4 doesn t have this problem with the digital version of the game.

webuserjonny
12-11-2015, 15:23
Are all the vents clear of dust? If it's not getting enough cool air through it the fan will work overtime trying to cool it down. My machine, although only being a few weeks old is silent all the time. My sons machine, that we got the day the PS4 was released, does start to use the fan more once the vents start getting dust build up. As soon as we hear the fan being used more we give it a good clean out.

Liquid7394
16-11-2015, 11:20
Project Cars is really heavy on CPU usage I believe. The fans speed up for me on multiple games like The Witcher 3, Project Cars, and Rocket League, so it's perfectly normal.

Flat_out
16-11-2015, 13:47
Same for me on Xbox.Sounds like its going to take off sometimes.
But that's what it's there for.

cabman45
16-11-2015, 18:37
I'll just to say that the writers of the two posts above are completely wrong to say that its "perfectly normal" for their Ps4's fan to speed up during certain games or for their Xbox one to sound like "its taking off", sounds like both of these consoles will be being returned to where they brought them soon.

Why, because after playing Project cars one night for about six hours, the fan on my Ps4 was still at the same level it was when first turned on (ie almost silent), the same thing on a different night when playing a game on my Xbox one for about 4 hours, the only sound coming from it was the fan in the power supply brick.

As long as any console you own is placed on its own shelf or on top of any other equipment, then everything will be okay and you can get on with playing games without worrying if somethings going to go bang soon.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
16-11-2015, 19:28
Why, because after playing Project cars one night for about six hours, the fan on my Ps4 was still at the same level it was when first turned on (ie almost silent)...
How fast were you going exactly.

ports
16-11-2015, 19:35
My fan is also silent never hear it on pcars only game it kicks in on is bf4 and only on full 64 player servers.

Liquid7394
16-11-2015, 19:42
I'll just to say that the writers of the two posts above are completely wrong to say that its "perfectly normal" for their Ps4's fan to speed up during certain games or for their Xbox one to sound like "its taking off", sounds like both of these consoles will be being returned to where they brought them soon.

Why, because after playing Project cars one night for about six hours, the fan on my Ps4 was still at the same level it was when first turned on (ie almost silent), the same thing on a different night when playing a game on my Xbox one for about 4 hours, the only sound coming from it was the fan in the power supply brick.

As long as any console you own is placed on its own shelf or on top of any other equipment, then everything will be okay and you can get on with playing games without worrying if somethings going to go bang soon.
It is perfectly normal for the fan to speed up during certain circumstances, the fan is there to cool the device down.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
16-11-2015, 19:45
Ambient temperature could explain fan speed differences.

I recently cleaned the dust from my PS4 after almost 2 years of regular use, and there was less than I thought there would be.

2stains
16-11-2015, 23:03

As long as any console you own is placed on its own shelf or on top of any other equipment, then everything will be okay and you can get on with playing games without worrying if somethings going to go bang soon.Hey man where do you live ?in a cold part of the world ? Because in QLD Australia its hot and my fan kicks in and out as it needs , thats what a fan is supposed to do.