PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 6.0 Release Notes

Pages : 1 [2]

Puffpirat
14-11-2015, 18:33
For some reason Watkins heats up tires more than any track.

But yeah, I had to raise my tire pressures to avoid overcooking them. It seems that even a minor variation from the "setup default" causes quite a bit of heating. What's odd is, if a tire has (for example) 2.10 front and 2.05 rear, lowering the front tire pressure to 2.05 (to match the rears) causes them to heat quite a bit more. If that's too low a pressure for the front, why isn't it too low for the rear? if the tires have e.g. different widths they carry a different volume of air. Besides to probably different structure of the tires this leads to different air pressures needed for the same temps. In Monzas F1 race Pirelli set the min pressure to 21 psi for the fronts and 19.5 for the rears.

Well, this is a GIF showing 18 minutes of 10x time progression, sync to race weather, starting at 06:00 - each frame is taken 1 minute after the previous one.

that is beautiful :)

RetroNooB
14-11-2015, 19:27
any update on xb1 release of the patch?

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 19:29
any update on xb1 release of the patch?

Is with Microsoft for certification. Must be released soon...

sbradl
14-11-2015, 19:49
Who decided to make the race end timer 50% of the lap times? It makes leagues nearly impractical... everyone who is more than half a lap behind the first gets DNF... did I mention that I wanted to start a multiclass league in two weeks? Bad luck if you are s driver in the slower class...

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 20:05
Who decided to make the race end timer 50% of the lap times? It makes leagues nearly impractical... everyone who is more than half a lap behind the first gets DNF... did I mention that I wanted to start a multiclass league in two weeks? Bad luck if you are s driver in the slower class...

League races are usually private, so it's 75%

sbradl
14-11-2015, 20:06
But that does not solve the problem. It has to be over 100%

The timer make sense for public hobbies but for private ones or password protected ones it is an absolute game breaker for our leagues which should start in the next days

Krus Control
14-11-2015, 22:08
I can't find the host kick option. Does host just need to vote to kick? Or is there a separate option I'm not seeing?

F1Aussie
14-11-2015, 22:33
Hopefully it was just a one off issue for me without time progression!

Neil Bateman
14-11-2015, 23:15
But that does not solve the problem. It has to be over 100%

The timer make sense for public hobbies but for private ones or password protected ones it is an absolute game breaker for our leagues which should start in the next days

This race end timer has not been thought through very well, because if your in a multiclass race and your in the gt3 class car just in front of the race winner in an lmp1 as he crosses the line you cant possibly complete your last lap.

Once again something that may help one aspect of the game but screws up a different part of the game.

Umer Ahmad
14-11-2015, 23:44
I can't find the host kick option. Does host just need to vote to kick? Or is there a separate option I'm not seeing?

Just vote to kick him if you're host. There's no extra option.

STEELJOCKEY
15-11-2015, 01:23
While I like the idea of a shorter Race need timer, this should be set at 100% of the slowest driver, so if the last driver crosses the line just before the leader/winner, everyone including the last place driver should be able to finish their last lap.

Either that, or better still, quickest lap + 25-50% in case someone is stuck on the track broken and can't get back.

Stocky
15-11-2015, 03:05
Holy cow, we just finished our League race, and me another driver crossed the line just before the leader/winner (noonotreally), and we raced to the finish for 6th place and then poooooof, race over, and we both got DNF's.

It was going to be an exciting finish for us, and ?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF is that?????????????????????????????????????

Do you call that a fix??????????????????????????????

Just when I thought we finally got a good patch.

Omg, that is ridiculous.

STEELJOCKEY
15-11-2015, 04:13
From one extreme to the next. Oh well, getting closer to perfection takes a few hit and misses I guess

Stocky
15-11-2015, 04:42
Seriously, what have you guys done?

30 laps at Imola, 7x tire wear, we all have different pit strategies and it all comes down to the last lap, and one person with better tires is catching another driver for 6th at the end of the lead lap, and the game just ends, literally about 5-10 seconds from the finish line!?!?!?

Did you guys know that the race isn't over until the last person crosses the line??????

So lets see, it calculated the slowest drivers time, which was probably around 1:24, it calculated 75% of that to be 1:03, and we were just entering turn 1-2 when the leader crossed the line, and Imola it takes us 1:20-1:21 to get around.
Really? This is the math you guys chose, to decide when the race ends???????
And to top it off, it DNF's us both, in a League race. Insult to injury.
This is the best you guys could come up with?

75% isn't enough and you can't make it 100% of the slowest drivers time either, because some of us on the tail end of a last lap, usually have bad tires and are nursing it to the end of the race, or..... they are not battling anyone for position so baby it to the finish line. That last finishing lap, may be slower than the slowest drivers slowest lap time.

You need to revert your changes and come up with a new system, because this new system doesn't work for the above reason, and it doesn't work at tracks like Calif Coast or Azure Coast either. Probably not Le Mans or Nordshlief I bet.
The system is faulty.

Do you guys know how racing works? Have you ever raced seriously?

You guys need to go race, so you understand how it works, so you can apply that to the game.

sbradl
15-11-2015, 05:09
Next week some of our leagues in germany start. We need an immediate hotfix for this.
Just disable the timer or set it to a high enough value for private and password protected games!

EpilepticToast
15-11-2015, 05:18
does this only happen with timed races or is it lap races as well? if it's both that's a really big problem that has to be changed ASAP for leagues

Stocky
15-11-2015, 05:30
It was a set 30 lap race at Imola.

Not a timed race.

Stocky
15-11-2015, 06:02
So lets see, it calculated the slowest drivers time, which was probably around 1:24, it calculated 75% of that to be 1:03, and we were just entering turn 1-2 when the leader crossed the line, and Imola it takes us 1:20-1:21 to get around.

Wait a second, I have another twist. We all pitted at least once, so add another 30-45 seconds to the slowest time.

We must have been calculated at the 50% rate, which wasn't enough.

It was a public server password protected.

Either way, it needs to be fixed.

inthebagbud
15-11-2015, 07:58

It needs to be slowest lap plus 50 or 75 , not 50/75 OF the slowest time.

Even 100 OF the slowest time wouldn't work in some instances as the slowest lap may actually be the drivers fastest lap , so they would have to equal it or better it to be able to finish

cluck
15-11-2015, 08:10
....in some instances as the slowest lap may actually be the drivers fastest lap , so they would have to equal it or better it to be able to finishThat makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Let's say you manage to run a completely clean race, never going on the grass for a second and maintaining race pace throughout, your slowest lap will be your first lap - invariably, these are about 5-6 seconds slower than a flying lap.

I don't know the reasoning behind it but I guess it might be to try and prevent some people having to sit around for 4 or 5 minutes at the end of a race?

Fong74
15-11-2015, 08:19
I don't know the reasoning behind it but I guess it might be to try and prevent some people having to sit around for 4 or 5 minutes at the end of a race?

I also think that was the intention. But honestly....is that worth destroying the most tense section of some peoples races, namely the last lap? Leagues will now have to determine which DNF on the filal standings is a real one and which is one is due to the new timer...

Please change this in the next patch. The v6.0 solution is a setback for almost all serious racers, be it leagues or ppl racing each other in private or pw protected lobbies.

inthebagbud
15-11-2015, 08:27
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Let's say you manage to run a completely clean race, never going on the grass for a second and maintaining race pace throughout, your slowest lap will be your first lap - invariably, these are about 5-6 seconds slower than a flying lap.

Yep your right brain gear action comes to mind !!!

Think I will leave it up and regularly come back and read it to remind myself of how some things in your head are complete rubbish when writen down :)

Neil Bateman
15-11-2015, 09:42
Dont forget that PCars1 will be supported for 2 years, thats 24 patches in total so we have 18 left, dont panic guys and gals because we will all still be playing this 2 years from now wont we?:stupid:

cluck
15-11-2015, 09:44
Dont forget that PCars1 will be supported for 2 years, thats 24 patches in total so we have 18 left, dont panic guys and gals because we will all still be playing this 2 years from now wont we?:stupid:Well I'm still playing it after 4 years and a month, so yeah, I probably will be :eagerness:

Neil Bateman
15-11-2015, 10:16
Well I'm still playing it after 4 years and a month, so yeah, I probably will be :eagerness:

So have i cluck but when decisions like this race end timer being added into the game when it will only be beneficial to quick pick up races in public lobbies but totaly screw up league racing its a bit worrying.

Its desperation to me when patches are released with fixes that either dont fix or create other issues, and features that are introduced that simply dont work in all aspects of the game, IMHO there were just too many problems at release and they are having a hard time fixing them all, your still playing like me and everyone else because we all still believe and hope all will be fixed.

Its what things that end up not being fixed or introduced that will determine if people stay or move on.

webuserjonny
15-11-2015, 10:52
I would much rather the race end timer be left as it was. League races will be ruined when half the field get a DNF in a multi class race. Until this is resolved we've got a choice between many headaches or suspending series which is damaging.

I've found, in the vast majority of races we have in our series, that the wait has only been a couple of minutes at most. After a long race a couple of minutes to just relax is nice.

Skanda-Five
15-11-2015, 11:13
I have to agree that this race timer is a terrible mistake. I race in a league and I'm a midfield runner but I love the competition. All leagues have aliens who bang in lap records at will. For us mortals who also are in the race, DNF is now a serious possibility.

Serious question for the devs - Have you ever raced online in this game?

Some of your choices say that you haven't.
At a stroke you have suspended racing leagues and turned the serious racers amongst us off.

Please review this implementation urgently. We buy the product and you support us. That's how this should work. Please don't force us to choose another title for our adrenaline fix.

Pamellaaa
15-11-2015, 11:16
The 300 second rule wasn't ideal but this new implementation is much much worse, there are very few scenarios where it works at all as almost all events that go beyond a few laps result in a very spread-out field which means that 50 or 75% will often result in DNFs ruining peoples races.

cluck
15-11-2015, 11:22
So have i cluck but when decisions like this race end timer being added into the game when it will only be beneficial to quick pick up races in public lobbies but totaly screw up league racing its a bit worrying.

Its desperation to me when patches are released with fixes that either dont fix or create other issues, and features that are introduced that simply dont work in all aspects of the game, IMHO there were just too many problems at release and they are having a hard time fixing them all, your still playing like me and everyone else because we all still believe and hope all will be fixed.

Its what things that end up not being fixed or introduced that will determine if people stay or move on.I'm still playing because I'm still having fun ;).

I think the biggest problem with both the introduction of this end-of-race timer and the DQ on jump starts in timed races is a lack of communication :). There are 2 ways I can see of potentially solving a lot of the backlash :-

1. Maybe a thread from the devs discussing a new idea, if it is going to be controversial (of course, what is controversial for one person is the icing on the cake for another). Of course, the other downside is that it ruins the surprise of a nice new feature.
2. Accompany the patch notes with a brief description of why some changes were made

The DQ for a jump start on timed races could potentially have been headed off at the pass or, at the very least, debated the pros and cons like adults (yeah, I know, but I'm an eternal optimist ;)). For me, I think it's that lack of clear communication that has caused more harm than good in these two instances.

That aside, I am prepared to give SMS a lot of leeway when it comes to mistakes. This is their first major product on their own. In the past, they would have had other people dealing with this stuff, the communication etc etc. They are having to learn as they go along and, like any learning process, mistakes will happen. In an ideal world, mistakes wouldn't happen, there wouldn't be any bugs, new features could be added without ANY potential knock-on effects. But this is far from an ideal world. I hate to say "it'll be fine come pCARS2" but that's the reality, pCARS2 will be a better product as a result of any mistakes learnt whilst developing, releasing and supporting pCARS1. This is true of every single game out there that has produced a sequel. Nobody ever gets things 100% right first time around.

As you said in your previous post though, we still have another 18 months of support for pCARS1. More cars. More tracks. More features. Hopefully all with fewer bugs :).

t0daY
15-11-2015, 11:23
I have to agree that this race timer is a terrible mistake. I race in a league and I'm a midfield runner but I love the competition. All leagues have aliens who bang in lap records at will. For us mortals who also are in the race, DNF is now a serious possibility.

Serious question for the devs - Have you ever raced online in this game?

Some of your choices say that you haven't.
At a stroke you have suspended racing leagues and turned the serious racers amongst us off.

Please review this implementation urgently. We buy the product and you support us. That's how this should work. Please don't force us to choose another title for our adrenaline fix.

This whole patch is a terrible mistake :D They did not think 1 second about their features... they just implemented it that it looks nicer... First patch which defenitly made the game worse than before...

Pamellaaa
15-11-2015, 11:28
I'm still playing because I'm still having fun ;).

I think the biggest problem with both the introduction of this end-of-race timer and the DQ on jump starts in timed races is a lack of communication :). There are 2 ways I can see of potentially solving a lot of the backlash :-

1. Maybe a thread from the devs discussing a new idea, if it is going to be controversial (of course, what is controversial for one person is the icing on the cake for another). Of course, the other downside is that it ruins the surprise of a nice new feature.
2. Accompany the patch notes with a brief description of why some changes were made

The DQ for a jump start on timed races could potentially have been headed off at the pass or, at the very least, debated the pros and cons like adults (yeah, I know, but I'm an eternal optimist ;)). For me, I think it's that lack of clear communication that has caused more harm than good in these two instances.

That aside, I am prepared to give SMS a lot of leeway when it comes to mistakes. This is their first major product on their own. In the past, they would have had other people dealing with this stuff, the communication etc etc. They are having to learn as they go along and, like any learning process, mistakes will happen. In an ideal world, mistakes wouldn't happen, there wouldn't be any bugs, new features could be added without ANY potential knock-on effects. But this is far from an ideal world. I hate to say "it'll be fine come pCARS2" but that's the reality, pCARS2 will be a better product as a result of any mistakes learnt whilst developing, releasing and supporting pCARS1.

As you said in your previous post though, we still have another 18 months of support for pCARS1. More cars. More tracks. More features. Hopefully all with fewer bugs :).

I agree with a lot of what you have written up there and the majority of the changes that SMS implement are for the best but I would like to add another option:

3. Talk to members of community who are playing the game regularly, testing out and tracking down bugs and running regular events privately to discuss any changes like this in advance before a final implementation is decided upon.

There are people on all 3 platforms putting a lot of time into the game and into hosting events that would have been able to provide invaluable information on both of the current contentious changes even without access to test builds of the game and could very well have prevented this happening. I mean the end race timer one is really as simple as saying use 150% or 175% over 50% and 75% and everyone would be in here praising another change for the better.

Bealdor
15-11-2015, 11:29
This whole patch is a terrible mistake :D They did not think 1 second about their features... they just implemented it that it looks nicer... First patch which defenitly made the game worse than before...

Oh please cut the dramatic hyperboles mate.
I agree that the race end timer is not implemented well but apart from that I see nothing but improvements in this patch.
I know that the timed races feature lacks options (DQs on false start, no mandatory pit stops) but it's an additional feature and nobody forces you to use it.

t0daY
15-11-2015, 11:38
Oh please cut the dramatic hyperboles mate.
I agree that the race end timer is not implemented well but apart from that I see nothing but improvements in this patch.
I know that the timed races feature lacks options (DQs on false start, no mandatory pit stops) but it's an additional feature and nobody forces you to use it.

Mandatory pitstops where you can just select "Yes/No" instead of how many mandatory pitstops and in which laps between? Jump start - you will DQ instantly? Race end timer is rubbish?
Also we got major bugs which are existing for month now with no fixes at all... Even simple things like the end result screen works not 100% correctly... The replay got now names which refreshs only when the last car driving through the S/F line... The camber is still not working correctly, 0/0 camber is the fastest way on every track with every car...

Sorry that I am disappointed after patch 6 because for me things went more worse than before...

Skanda-Five
15-11-2015, 11:49
Why not take a look at Battlefield 4 and the Community Test Environment or CTE.
Using this tool DICE have made some seriously useful updates to their game. 2 years on and still supporting what is now a superb title.

Bealdor
15-11-2015, 11:50
Mandatory pitstops where you can just select "Yes/No" instead of how many mandatory pitstops and in which laps between?

How is that worse than not having this feature at all?

Jump start - you will DQ instantly?

Again (since this is tied to timed races) how is having this feature with such a limitation worse than not having it at all?

Also we got major bugs which are existing for month now with no fixes at all... Even simple things like the end result screen works not 100% correctly... The replay got now names which refreshs only when the last car driving through the S/F line... The camber is still not working correctly, 0/0 camber is the fastest way on every track with every car...

If those major bugs were easy to fix they would've been fixed already. I agree that not fixing them doesn't improve the game but strictly spoken, it doesn't make the game worse than before the patch.
On the other hand I see lots of bugfixes and improvements in the notes that are indeed making the game better. Sorry if those are not of interest for you.

t0daY
15-11-2015, 11:56
How is that worse than not having this feature at all?

In my opinion I would rather leave the unfinished feature out of the game than implement it 50% done. Another example is the "default setup" thing. When it was introduced it did not work at all. The next patch fixed it. Why would I implement a feature which is not working at all?? I thought the patches are tested and approved?? Just those things...

And do you not think that the camber should be priority number 1? Its a crucial game changer and its out their since release... That destroys the setup completly because you are just going stupidly for 0/0...

Do not get me wrong, I nearly get to 1000 hours playtime in project cars... I love this game and in my eyes it got the best potential of all the sim games... but sometimes with the patches and decisions over features and how things get handled its kinda hard to stay with the game...

Bealdor
15-11-2015, 12:06
In my opinion I would rather leave the unfinished feature out of the game than implement it 50% done. Another example is the "default setup" thing. When it was introduced it did not work at all. The next patch fixed it. Why would I implement a feature which is not working at all?? I thought the patches are tested and approved?? Just those things...

That's quite a different case because the issues with the default setups are considered bugs. The limitations on the new features aren't. They're just that, limitations. So yes, I much prefer to have a feature with such a limitation than not having it at all.

And do you not think that the camber should be priority number 1? Its a crucial game changer and its out their since release... That destroys the setup completly because you are just going stupidly for 0/0...

The problem is those camber issues can only be fixed by the physics gurus and not by those who are working on the other features/bug fixes.
You can't just throw ten people to fix an issue faster if the required knowledge to do it is very specific.

RTA nOsKiLlS
15-11-2015, 12:26
As long as the kick function works perfectly, patch 6.0 will be improving this game 150%. I cannot wait make full use of this feature. ;)

Laggy people gone, idiots gone, and nothing but racing to be had.

Dont jump the start and you wont get DQ'd. Dont finish so far behind everyone else and the end race timer wont be an issue. ;)

MABlosfeld
15-11-2015, 12:33
The Oreca LMP2 did not show any helmet in cockpit view

FORD CAPRI also

Pamellaaa
15-11-2015, 12:35
Dont finish so far behind everyone else and the end race timer wont be an issue. ;)

Don't forget don't run a mutliclass race, another important thing you need to do to not have an issue.

MABlosfeld
15-11-2015, 12:37
GT3

in qualifying the temperature progressively lowered according to the turns
in the race temperatures returned to normal
Toyota GT4

MABlosfeld
15-11-2015, 12:41
Cockpit view shouldn't show helmet.

There are three view modes from within the cockpit, one of which shows the helmet, right?

webuserjonny
15-11-2015, 12:49
Dont finish so far behind everyone else and the end race timer wont be an issue. ;)

Not if you are at the same level of skill racing in the same class. But, in a multi class team series where one team member races a LMP1 or 2 and the other team member races GT3 then there's an issue. For example experienced and fast drivers racing at Silverstone GP over 32 laps the LMP2 cars will complete the race and the GT3 cars will be 2 laps down. Only the LMP2 drivers will get a result and all GT3 drivers will get a DNF.

hkraft300
15-11-2015, 12:52
There are three view modes from within the cockpit, one of which shows the helmet, right?

Unless you have the "display helmet" turned off.
Each patch turned on/off random options for me in settings screen. Eg patch 5 turned on driving line for me. Maybe check your options?
Cockpit cam shouldn't show helmet, only helmet cam and again only if the helmet is set to display on.

cluck
15-11-2015, 12:59
(ignore me)

MABlosfeld
15-11-2015, 13:02
Unless you have the "display helmet" turned off.
Each patch turned on/off random options for me in settings screen. Eg patch 5 turned on driving line for me. Maybe check your options?
Cockpit cam shouldn't show helmet, only helmet cam and again only if the helmet is set to display on.

is on every other car show the helmet least FORD CAPRI for me

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 13:32
As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.

^^^^^^^

t0daY
15-11-2015, 13:50
(ignore me)

ok :D

diesel97
15-11-2015, 13:57
Holy cow, we just finished our League race, and me another driver crossed the line just before the leader/winner (noonotreally), and we raced to the finish for 6th place and then poooooof, race over, and we both got DNF's.

It was going to be an exciting finish for us, and ?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF is that?????????????????????????????????????

Do you call that a fix??????????????????????????????

Just when I thought we finally got a good patch.

Omg, that is ridiculous.

I didn't know it was broke ?

cluck
15-11-2015, 14:10
Confirmed helmet cam bug in following cars :-

BMW M1 Procar
BMW 320 Turbo Group 5
Ford Zakspeed Capri Group 5
Lotus Type 72D Cosworth
Lotus Type 78 Cosworth
Lotus Type 98T Renault Turbo

In all of the above cars, the helmet cam should draw the helmet overlay, but doesn't. I have gone through every single car in the game and the only other cars not to draw the helmet are the classic cars that have open-faced helmets.

EDIT : As a side-note, damn, we have a LOT of cars in the game these days :o.

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 14:21
Confirmed helmet cam bug in following cars :-

I've notified the devs.. We'll see what they say.

diesel97
15-11-2015, 14:23
Dont forget that PCars1 will be supported for 2 years, thats 24 patches in total so we have 18 left, dont panic guys and gals because we will all still be playing this 2 years from now wont we?:stupid:

your kidding right ? As the game gets older the less stuff will be "added or changed " and will just be pushed to Pcars 2 . They have all ready started with triple screen support.

MABlosfeld
15-11-2015, 15:14
General
* Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.

list of cars without helmet camera:
ASTON MARTIN DBR1/300
BMW 2002 TURBO
BMW 320 TURBO GROUP 5
BMW M1 PROCAR
FORD ESCORT MK1RS1600
FORD MKIV
FORD MUSTANG 2_2 FASTBACK
FORD CAPRI
LOTUS TYPE 49 COSWORTH
LOTUS TYPE 72D COSWORTH
LOTUS TYPE 78 COSWORTH
LOTUS TYPE 98T REANULT TURBO
MERCEDES-BENZ 300SEL 6.8 AMG
MERCEDES-BENZ 300SL W194

may be purposeful or not?

Charger
15-11-2015, 15:22
Anyone found how to enable driver tags in replays?

Giovtec
15-11-2015, 15:27

Make sure you have set Drivers name option turn "On" not multiplayer only or off :>

Ronnie Peterson
15-11-2015, 16:11
^^^^^^^

Message understood but if this issue is being ignored on all other threads by the developers, you cannot blame me or anyone else for raising the issue every time a new patch omitting this feature is released.

STATIC13
15-11-2015, 16:27
There is really no point in arguing over why or how a feature get's implemented. In the case of the timer it's obvious that people were getting sick of waiting 3 minutes even after everyone has finished the race so people were complaining.

Personally I find the timer to be a really bad idea in general. That's my opinion. The real problem is that the implementation of this particular change has just broken the game for all leagues.

The behavior of the clock is just to vague for me. Sure nobody want's to sit around waiting for nothing but on the other hand you can't just end the race before people have crossed the line.

For me the quick solution needs to be an option that allows you to designate the behavior of the clock for pub races or to turn it off completely. If somebody would like to enlighten me about what the purpose of having a countdown clock is in the first place I'm all ears.

I think nobody would miss it if they just got rid of it. Even in a public races I'm sure the admin can handle moving the session along when the time comes.

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 16:28
Message understood but if this issue is being ignored on all other threads by the developers, you cannot blame me or anyone else for raising the issue every time a new patch omitting this feature is released.

Something not implemented doesn't equal ignored. Even still, here's the best place to keep bumping:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35783-Your-top-3-suggestions-rankings-in-OP

Stocky
15-11-2015, 16:28

They are useless in this game. We've been asking for 6 months to make them more legible and no scaling (and a contrast background), but to no avail, they haven't listened.

cluck
15-11-2015, 16:35
It needs to be slowest lap plus 50 or 75 , not 50/75 OF the slowest time.

Even 100 OF the slowest time wouldn't work in some instances as the slowest lap may actually be the drivers fastest lap , so they would have to equal it or better it to be able to finish

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! Let's say you manage to run a completely clean race, never going on the grass for a second and maintaining race pace throughout, your slowest lap will be your first lap - invariably, these are about 5-6 seconds slower than a flying lap.

Yep your right brain gear action comes to mind !!!

Think I will leave it up and regularly come back and read it to remind myself of how some things in your head are complete rubbish when writen down :)I somewhat owe you an apology :). It does appear that the timer sets to 50% (public) or 75% (private) of the slowest remaining driver's fastest lap.

I just ran a few 5-lap private lobby races with AI at Brands Indy, deliberately driving VERY slowly, and if I ran one lap at 1m30 with the rest at 1m20, the countdown timer set itself to 60 seconds, which equates to 75% of 80 seconds.

Riccardo De Rosa
15-11-2015, 17:08
Something not implemented doesn't equal ignored. Even still, here's the best place to keep bumping:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35783-Your-top-3-suggestions-rankings-in-OP

Something not implemented doesn't equal ignored.
certainly it means not just implemented. From your link:

- Ability to save multiple setups for each car at each track: 26

- IROC races (races with forced same default car set ups for all): 3 = ADDED WITH PATCH 4.0

developers implement what they want. it's just a coincidence that it coincides with what users want.
and now also clears this. eraser!

optimalspieler
15-11-2015, 17:09
I started a feature suggestion about the new timeout settings:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?42068-Remove-timeout-for-private-races-OR-increase-the-value-to-175&p=1171400#post1171400

It should be an easy change, so the devs have no excuse if enough people post in that thread ;)

Charger
15-11-2015, 17:52
Make sure you have set Drivers name option turn "On" not multiplayer only or off :>

Ah, is that in the options somewhere I didn't see it?

FR-Alan
15-11-2015, 18:18
I've notified the devs.. We'll see what they say.

Hi, you have notified the devs...good :D

Rygel
15-11-2015, 18:32
Ah, is that in the options somewhere I didn't see it?

It's in the Gameplay section of the options.. Mine was set to Multiplayer only so I changed it to 'ON'.. and yes, it does appear to work retrospectively ;)

Neil Bateman
15-11-2015, 18:36
your kidding right ? As the game gets older the less stuff will be "added or changed " and will just be pushed to Pcars 2 . They have all ready started with triple screen support.

I was being a little sarcastic as the smiley i added suggested, i will be long gone if it takes more than 12 months to implement or have working the most important features needed for any sort of serious racing, as of yet we dont have them but i am willing to bet another 6 patches will do the trick, its getting there, slowly but surely its getting there.

My problem is i am now enjoying other games more and the longer that goes on the less i want to play this.

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 19:53
so the devs have no excuse if enough people post in that thread ;)

It doesn't work that way...

diesel97
15-11-2015, 20:02
It doesn't work that way...

You would think the devs would follow or check in on thread that shows the public opinion about some thing they just put in like Patch 6.0

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 20:08
You would think the devs would follow or check in on thread that shows the public opinion about some thing they just put in like Patch 6.0

They do.. However, just because a bunch of people +1 something doesn't mean it can or will happen. Everyone on the forum could +1 for getting Porsche's, but that doesn't automatically make it happen.

diesel97
15-11-2015, 21:01
They do.. However, just because a bunch of people +1 something doesn't mean it can or will happen. Everyone on the forum could +1 for getting Porsche's, but that doesn't automatically make it happen.

I'm not sure what Porsche has to do with it , but if the devs are reading a thread on a patch (like they should ) to see if it works or it breaks anything they would read other issues or wishes

Pamellaaa
15-11-2015, 21:01
We has a big event tonight, 23 cars got to the end and although many were affected by the DNF issue the results screen does seem to keep the correct positions for the drivers who have DNFd now. We have about 4 cars DNF and then a car which did cross the line, followed by some more DNFs but they did appear to remain in the right order so it is not as bad as we first feared. Still not ideal but not totally gamebreaking, at least for our usage.

cluck
15-11-2015, 21:04
We has a big event tonight, 23 cars got to the end and although many were affected by the DNF issue the results screen does seem to keep the correct positions for the drivers who have DNFd now. We have about 4 cars DNF and then a car which did cross the line, followed by some more DNFs but they did appear to remain in the right order so it is as bad as we first feared. Still not ideal but not totally gamebreaking, at least for our usage.not as bad, surely? ;)

RetroNooB
15-11-2015, 21:04
still no xb1 patch 0.6 :(

diesel97
15-11-2015, 21:05
We has a big event tonight, 23 cars got to the end and although many were affected by the DNF issue the results screen does seem to keep the correct positions for the drivers who have DNFd now. We have about 4 cars DNF and then a car which did cross the line, followed by some more DNFs but they did appear to remain in the right order so it is as bad as we first feared. Still not ideal but not totally gamebreaking, at least for our usage.

It will just mess with player stats and player rep oh wait their is no player rep just hot air

Pamellaaa
15-11-2015, 21:06
not as bad, surely? ;)

Woops, now corrected.

t0daY
15-11-2015, 21:40
We has a big event tonight, 23 cars got to the end and although many were affected by the DNF issue the results screen does seem to keep the correct positions for the drivers who have DNFd now. We have about 4 cars DNF and then a car which did cross the line, followed by some more DNFs but they did appear to remain in the right order so it is not as bad as we first feared. Still not ideal but not totally gamebreaking, at least for our usage.

Its not that baaaad but in this way I dont get the logic of this... well well the race went good (p2p because the DS again just refused to work the proper way :()

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 22:51
I'm not sure what Porsche has to do with it

It's called an example.

but if the devs are reading a thread on a patch (like they should ) to see if it works or it breaks anything they would read other issues or wishes

As mentioned, there may be various reasons why certain things aren't possible or worth the risk. With that, certain things users want may not happen with pCARS1. We've already seen how small changes in targeted areas can unexpectedly affect other areas of gameplay negatively.

Stocky
16-11-2015, 03:49

Wait until a couple of cars are racing for position at the tail end of the lead lap, when it stops before they get to the line. Then see if it's not as bad as you feared.

Mr Schumacher
16-11-2015, 07:10
This sim in many ways come second to none.. I really want the game to stay this way.. However, lately the updates we are reciving are making the game less fun to play.. Fixing issues are always great for updates.. But adding "features" like force stock tune or NURFING the GT3 bently just kuts the fun in half.. 9 out of 10 times I get into public lobbies that force stock tunes.. Please ADD NO MORE FETURES like those..

cluck
16-11-2015, 09:31
Wait until a couple of cars are racing for position at the tail end of the lead lap, when it stops before they get to the line. Then see if it's not as bad as you feared.I think what Pamellaaa is referring to is that for a league, they are able to see the positions that those cars WOULD have finished, so points can still be allocated. Hence why it's not as bad as they feared. No, far from ideal, but not a disaster, since the points for the league can still be allocated.

EDIT : And that is possible to do accurately because it shows on the results screen how many laps the driver completed. Somebody who has, for example, run out of fuel will also have been spotted by other drivers so they won't be able to get away with it. The point is, though, that if you're running a league, it is still perfectly possible to do so with this timer in place. Yes, it might rob you of an overtake in your final lap but it might also save you from being overtaken at the next race. Swings and roundabouts.

Fong74
16-11-2015, 09:48
PS4 Patch v6.0 is out.... Im curious about the corresponding patch notes and possible deltas to the PC version.

Pamellaaa
16-11-2015, 11:37
I think what Pamellaaa is referring to is that for a league, they are able to see the positions that those cars WOULD have finished, so points can still be allocated. Hence why it's not as bad as they feared. No, far from ideal, but not a disaster, since the points for the league can still be allocated.

EDIT : And that is possible to do accurately because it shows on the results screen how many laps the driver completed. Somebody who has, for example, run out of fuel will also have been spotted by other drivers so they won't be able to get away with it. The point is, though, that if you're running a league, it is still perfectly possible to do so with this timer in place. Yes, it might rob you of an overtake in your final lap but it might also save you from being overtaken at the next race. Swings and roundabouts.

Exactly that, it looks like this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=222115&d=1447629928&thumb=1

As mentioned, still not ideal but far better than we first feared, it shouldn't really affect many races negatively although it does rob you of an accurate end race time (although I think there is another bug that exists there anyway)

Thanks to Miagi for the screenshot.

mau92
16-11-2015, 11:59
So far I haven't had any major issues with the patch except for one thing. When in an online race, whenever I try to write in the chatbox while on track my message doesn't appear. Any ideas?

Scott Coffey
16-11-2015, 12:17
That bug has been there since the beginning (if it's what I think it is). It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when you type something it seems to go into a "queue", and the only way to get it to pop up on the screen is to type something else. I usually just type periods until what I typed eventually shows on the screen. Other people's typing can also cause your entry in the "queue" to eventually be displayed.

Stocky
16-11-2015, 12:25
Exactly that, it looks like this:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=222115&d=1447629928&thumb=1

As mentioned, still not ideal but far better than we first feared, it shouldn't really affect many races negatively although it does rob you of an accurate end race time (although I think there is another bug that exists there anyway)

Thanks to Miagi for the screenshot.

And, those lap amounts for those DNF'd, all need to have 1 lap added them, with the exception of the real DNF's.

Yes, it's easy to figure out. The main complaint I have, is when 2 or more are racing for position on that tail end of the lead lap, and it just ends. And that happens often with us because of the 7X tire wear, pits, and long races.

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 13:30
Rolling Starts are an option. It won't give control until the green which means it will avoid jump starts (as well as stalled cars on the grid). I definitely don't drive every track pCARS offers, but the ones I have behave well for pCARS' rolling start implementation which was not always so..

^^^, Mmmm I thinking you may need to drive more tracks :/

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 13:47
I don't get it. Why would it be impossible for people not to jump start, how would this 'destroy a whole league'? Just hold your foot off the throttle before you see a green light? Doesn't need an ace sim racer do achieve that.

Ahhh, because! SmS is claiming Pcars to be a "Simulator". To come out with statements like..."just don't jump start", is imho averting the problem and arrogant answer. In the real racing world...there would be drive through penalties assessed. If SmS assertions are that they've provided a racing "simulator", then when real world related issues arise they should have better answers prepared other than...just don't do this or just don't so that, as it contaminates what they're telling the customer's what they've produced.....tbh some of their replies do not make sense and have been contradictory since day one...but hey that's just my opinion.

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 14:13
Lots of ideas and suggestions re jumping the start and drive throughs. TBH I like the drive through idea the best but can see how it would be an issue for a race on Nordschleife where you're doing one lap. Others are concerned about accessing time penalties of 5 sec or more...as it would lead to carnage. However if they ghost the car then that would alleviate any of those concerns...now its just, what is an appropriate amount of time for a false or jump start? 5 secs is not enough imho, BUT 30 sec is too much, so needs to be some happy medium in between.

Sankyo
16-11-2015, 14:20
Ahhh, because! SmS is claiming Pcars to be a "Simulator". To come out with statements like..."just don't jump start", is imho averting the problem and arrogant answer. In the real racing world...there would be drive through penalties assessed. If SmS assertions are that they've provided a racing "simulator", then when real world related issues arise they should have better answers prepared other than...just don't do this or just don't so that, as it contaminates what they're telling the customer's what they've produced.....tbh some of their replies do not make sense and have been contradictory since day one...but hey that's just my opinion.
SMS has produced a great game in which they tried to provide realism as well as possible given development constraints. It's obvious though that the solution for this particular case is not optimal.

However, your answer is not a proper answer to my argument. I'm asking how it is 'detroying a whole league' if the simple solution is to wait with pressing the throttle until you're sure that the light is green (especially given that also in real racing a false start + drivethrough effectively will render your chance on a good result in the race destroyed anyway). The answer to that question is not 'because SMS should make a 100% simulation of real-life racing'. Not everything is always possible, and when there is a simple workaround to a particular issue, you shouldn't be refusing to use the workaround just because the workaround is not 'realistic'.

Stocky
16-11-2015, 14:32
I'm sick of people that think a sim game has to be just like real life. Sorry, that will never be. There will always be differences to accommodate the sim.

Next thing you know, people will be asking that when they crash, some sort of car lands on your head. Then they'll complain that they broke an arm, but in real life it was suppose to be a leg.
Or if it's raining out, spray will hit you in the face. And then they'll complain it doesn't get you wet enough.

Comon folks, a sim is not, and will never be real. There's has to be new rules and guidelines to accommodate that.

I loved it when a guy said that something wasn't realistic in Elite Dangerous. What is wrong with these people? Elite Dangerous is fantasy in the first place, how can anything be truly realistic, lol.

Go get in a real car, if you want real. If you are sitting back in your desk chair, stop complaining that a sim is not real enough. You're sitting at home for cryin out loud.

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 14:42
SMS has produced a great game in which they tried to provide realism as well as possible given development constraints. It's obvious though that the solution for this particular case is not optimal.

However, your answer is not a proper answer to my argument. I'm asking how it is 'detroying a whole league' if the simple solution is to wait with pressing the throttle until you're sure that the light is green (especially given that also in real racing a false start + drivethrough effectively will render your chance on a good result in the race destroyed anyway). The answer to that question is not 'because SMS should make a 100% simulation of real-life racing'. Not everything is always possible, and when there is a simple workaround to a particular issue, you shouldn't be refusing to use the workaround just because the workaround is not 'realistic'.

Fair enough, however then why not just take that approach to all aspects of this game/sim? Tire probelms?? Just don't change the tires? Etc etc..the answer is..we do it for the sim not arcade...by not fixing the issue and coming out with answers like discussed..it might as well be NFS or Forza...no offense to those who play those "games" However I got, like most I assume, Pcars because it was marketed like a "sim" not a game or arcade racer?? Yes??

So imo, we need tobfix these issues...as a proper sim dev should be striving for...if trying to replicate real world...which SMS has gone through great pains to try and achieve...my guess is in the real world they don't tell the drivers to just don't jump the start lol..its monitored and penalized. ...I am not buying they can't make it work either. ..if they can manage warnings and 5 sec penalties for off track or cutting they can implement penalties for false start

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 14:45
I'm sick of people that think a sim game has to be just like real life. Sorry, that will never be. There will always be differences to accommodate the sim.

Next thing you know, people will be asking that when they crash, some sort of car lands on your head. Then they'll complain that they broke an arm, but in real life it was suppose to be a leg.
Or if it's raining out, spray will hit you in the face. And then they'll complain it doesn't get you wet enough.

Comon folks, a sim is not, and will never be real. There's has to be new rules and guidelines to accommodate that.

I loved it when a guy said that something wasn't realistic in Elite Dangerous. What is wrong with these people? Elite Dangerous is fantasy in the first place, how can anything be truly realistic, lol.

Go get in a real car, if you want real. If you are sitting back in your desk chair, stop complaining that a sim is not real enough. You're sitting at home for cryin out loud.

Like I suggested as well as many others. ..drive throughs may not be appropriate. ..so as compromise because its not real world..ghosting penalty for 5-30 secs??

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 14:48
Broken arms...lmao now that would be realism...with vr moving the way it is..no broken arms...but I betcha the smells of the track is not far off ;)

SwiftyOne
16-11-2015, 15:02
Broken arms...lmao now that would be realism...with vr moving the way it is..no broken arms...but I betcha the smells of the track is not far off ;)

IIRC, did not Gran Turismo either 2 or 3 do just that? I remember having to rub the CD to get the smell of the track and garage ;)

Stocky
16-11-2015, 15:08
Lol, scratch and sniff.

Stocky
16-11-2015, 15:12
I can vision the bug reports for scratch and sniff already.....

1) Why can't we get different smells from scratching different parts.
2) When I scratch it, it smells like soap.
3) Why do I have to scratch it, that's not realistic. It should just happen at the right times. You call this a sim?
4) Can we get different smells, for different tracks, to simulate the country the track is in.
5) How come there's no scratch and sniff for left handers?

And so on.....

SwiftyOne
16-11-2015, 15:27
The funniest part was at Lan parties watching people with CD's stuck to their face's snorting it like it was coke or something ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080359

F1_Racer68
16-11-2015, 15:49

That's what windshields are for. But ya gotta admit, for open wheeler's it would be pretty cool to have a misting system in your rig hooked up to the sim, much like a butt-kicker or motion rig..... and why stop there? A vaporizer nozzle that fills your room with a hint of exhaust and tire smoke...... It's all possible with the right amount of funds.

Jokes aside, yes I agree with your overall message. There are limitations to how much realism can go into a video game, no matter how much it is called a "sim". The simple truth is a simulation is exactly that. An artificial facsimile of the real world. It will never be 100% and compromises need to be made.

Adapt and overcome! It's as applicable here as it is in the real world. If it's not perfect for you, figure out a way to work around it. My work around may not be to your liking, but there are many ways to address minor flaws. For league racing, the manual rolling start/parade lap approach works very well to avoid the Jump Start DQ. Other issues can also be minimized by simply adjusting your approach to accommodate.

There will always be a need to compromise. Life just works that way.

Nomad06
16-11-2015, 15:52

3) Why do I have to scratch it, that's not realistic. It should just happen at the right times. You call this a sim?
4) Can we get different smells, for different tracks, to simulate the country the track is in.

And so on.....

Too funny, I am having flash backs of an old Cheech and Chong skit

Smellivision!, coming soon to a game near you :)

RetroNooB
16-11-2015, 16:25

And so on.....

"i wanted 1 that smells like pu$$y, but this disc smells like sh!t"

"turn the disc around n sniff the other side"

EvilM0nk3y
16-11-2015, 18:41
The timed ending will never appease everyone; it seems to be catering to the 3 lapers now.

That being the case, these settings should be added as changeable server settings, leave the default settings to appease the masses, but this will let league races turn this off or increase the time % before auto-ending.

Sankyo
16-11-2015, 20:33
Fair enough, however then why not just take that approach to all aspects of this game/sim? Tire probelms?? Just don't change the tires? Etc etc..the answer is..we do it for the sim not arcade...by not fixing the issue and coming out with answers like discussed..it might as well be NFS or Forza...no offense to those who play those "games" However I got, like most I assume, Pcars because it was marketed like a "sim" not a game or arcade racer?? Yes??

So imo, we need tobfix these issues...as a proper sim dev should be striving for...if trying to replicate real world...which SMS has gone through great pains to try and achieve...my guess is in the real world they don't tell the drivers to just don't jump the start lol..its monitored and penalized. ...I am not buying they can't make it work either. ..if they can manage warnings and 5 sec penalties for off track or cutting they can implement penalties for false start
Just to repeat myself: I'm not fond of the current solution either, but given the easy workaround I don't agree with how big of a problem some people make out of it. I'd rather have 'race ends when the last car passes S/F' yesterday than today, but if there's stuff that keeps such a solution from being implemented in the game then I'll be content with an easy workaround. Doesn't mean I like it, but not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

diesel97
16-11-2015, 20:52
I wonder why things get changed that nobody ask for

mcooley9891
16-11-2015, 21:03
The 6.00 patch dose not work for the PS4 I reset my modem and it can't be downloaded. I contacted Playstation network support and they say there's no problem on there end my Internet connection is at 100% and it still can't be downloaded

tonaz
16-11-2015, 21:05
Oculus Rift

For God's sake, please work more on the standard camera management and setup (which really sucks), not oculus!!!

Stocky
16-11-2015, 21:15
Just to repeat myself: I'm not fond of the current solution either, but given the easy workaround I don't agree with how big of a problem some people make out of it. I'd rather have 'race ends when the last car passes S/F' yesterday than today, but if there's stuff that keeps such a solution from being implemented in the game then I'll be content with an easy workaround. Doesn't mean I like it, but not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I understand your point, that you don't care for it, but it's not that big of a deal.

The reason this was placed into effect, was because people were too impatient to wait 2-3 mins.

I think waiting 2-3 mins is no big deal, versus, you thinking the race ending before people cross the line is no big deal.

Seriously, which is truly no big deal? People spend hundreds of hours playing games, practicing, racing, etc...

I have almost 800 hours on Project Cars myself. Do you think I care about 2 minutes?

This was a not well thought out feature designed to save us time, when all gaming is, is a waste of time anyway?

The REAL truth here is, big deal that they have to wait a couple mins.

The only issue this new feature solved, was a couple of minutes at the end of a race, if and only if, someone didn't cross the line.

So a patch to help reduce peoples time, had priority over real game fixes?

Stocky
16-11-2015, 21:18
I say we end all football games when it gets to the 2 minute warning.

It takes too long with time outs, the clock stopping, commercials, etc. The final 2 minutes can end up being 15 minutes.

Let's just eliminate it, to save time.

It's not really that big of a deal.

Stocky
16-11-2015, 21:29
This new feature is a solution to a problem.

The only problem it solves, is game time.

Think about that a second.

Break a feature like finishing a race, to save game time.

It boggles my mind.

ONT
16-11-2015, 22:23
I proposed during development that the race would end matching F1 TV broadcast style with smaller text in one of upper corner displaying finished cars as they cross the line....and give slower drivers all the time they need to finish :)

And give server admin right to set a time limit 1- 5 minutes if they want to keep a session going over multiple race events.

bluesky0870
16-11-2015, 22:27

If that was the only workaround I even could agree with you. But there is a workaround for every little thing in this game. It would maybe better to work on the grand scheme of things that needs a fix instead of working on a very important new feature like this...

Stocky
16-11-2015, 22:32
SMS could of had all their problems solved, if they just allowed MODS from day one.

diesel97
16-11-2015, 22:39
why fix something that wasnt broke ?

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-11-2015, 11:04
League/Club Races in Private rooms - dealing with the reduced race end issue in non timed races.

Here's an idea from one of my group's members (CRAP pCARS on GTPlanet) for dealing with the end of race countdown issue in private rooms until someone from SMS realises it's implementation was a mistake (percentage option selectable by host please)

Add an extra lap to the race.

The winner could announce they've finished both verbally and then by stopping at the end of the straight following the finish line. As others finish they form a stationary queue behind the winner. All can press the option button for the race order/fastest lap info and once everyone has crossed the line do a screen capture of the result. Then everyone can follow him/her home for the last lap at the winners desired pace for a victory lap. If everyone finishes in that order and keeps their car from exploding all is good with the results screen too along with in game podium stats etc.

Any close finishes where the drivers aren't sure of position can still be dealt with by reviewing the replay (if you're able to save the replay).

Of course it's not ideal and doesn't work in timed races but it's a workaround for now.

Also below is a solution from the PS4 thread.

We had the same idea yesterday but encountered some possible issues from an organizer point of view (e.g. two cars crossing the finish line very close to each other before the down lap) which makes checking the replay necessary. One can do that, but there is an other way to overcome the 75% timeout issue. Basically you put the additional lap at the beginning of the race....a classic out lap.

Pre-condition:
Your league racers are willing to start races using a self-imposed flying start (we do this anyway as we have qualifying sessions during the week to determine which racer is participating in which lobby and taking which place in the grid; so we have to sort ourselves into the correct starting position somehow anyway; as pCars does not offer any option to do that, we needed to find a solution for that)

Solution:
- Start the online race session with all cars in the grid
- Do an out lap and do it fairly slow (we run 80-120 kmh but will reduce that if needed)
- Define a suitable starting procedure (we use the moment when the pole car accelerates; it can do so shortly before crossing the start/finish line at the end of the out lap)
- Race until all cars get the checkered flag; the final standings page shows all necessary infos as expected

What you get is a slowest time of ca. 3 minutes in Brno for example. 75% of that is ca 135 seconds, which is enough for every one to finish the race before the timer runs out.

You can manipulate the race end timer by altering the out lap speed/time.

Bealdor
17-11-2015, 12:06
As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.

^^^^

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-11-2015, 13:59
^^^^

I understand that mate. I'm discussing what is in the patch and how to deal with it. There are so many people who have complained about the change I'm just trying to help by giving people a work around.

Edit - not addressed to me. Move along ;)

Bealdor
17-11-2015, 14:01
I understand that mate. I'm discussing what is in the patch and how to deal with it. There are so many people who have complained about the change I'm just trying to help by giving people a work around.

I didn't respond to you mate, you did nothing wrong. I deleted a post that was made after your response. Sorry that I didn't make this clear. :o

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-11-2015, 14:10
I didn't respond to you mate, you did nothing wrong. I deleted a post that was made after your response. Sorry that I didn't make this clear. :o

No worries. Thanks.

Nomad06
18-11-2015, 05:09

With all due respect you're one voice...one opinion...what's important to a lot of us many not be important to you and what's important to you may not be important to us. ..doesn't make our level of importance and less or more important.

I am not entirely sure whats the hold up on implementation of such a penalizing system for jump starts but I hardly beleive it would hold back anything else from being fixed...this is not a how to thing...as more of...this is what we're doing. ..take it or leave it.....hopefully the devs are listening/reading and understand the importance of imposing such a penalty system.

Cheers

Sankyo
18-11-2015, 11:02
With all due respect you're one voice...one opinion...what's important to a lot of us many not be important to you and what's important to you may not be important to us. ..doesn't make our level of importance and less or more important.
I wasn't making any claims about importance for sure. Just offering my opinion as a different take at this particular issue.

Mahjik
18-11-2015, 13:16

^^^^^^^

Dmitry Afanasyev
18-11-2015, 14:01
6.1 released

RapidAmplifier
18-11-2015, 17:33
i prefer oculus work the rest works just fine

erw1n
19-11-2015, 14:30
There is still a bug with fixed setup in online lobby, cars with previously own saved setup, get always a fixed amount of fuel.

Thanks for your great work..

jep if you had create a setup for a car you and join a online session with fixed setup, you always got 50l of fuel in quali and race.
the only way we found to fix this problem is to delete the profile and keep the setup untouched.

Selcuk
21-11-2015, 18:05
cANt DOWNLOAD THE PATCH WHERE CAN SOME ONE HELP PLEASE..

Sankyo
21-11-2015, 18:12
cANt DOWNLOAD THE PATCH WHERE CAN SOME ONE HELP PLEASE..

It downloads automatically through Steam.

smartin13
21-11-2015, 18:29
cockpit view in the aston martin gte is to bright since 5.0 if i change to helmet it is ok

Selcuk
21-11-2015, 18:48
It downloads automatically through Steam.

So I think that is already happened.. I just Install project cars today.. after the Install was finished, project cars make a update before the game starts. So that was probely the patch..

Thank you!

MABlosfeld
22-11-2015, 17:53
What's this UDP?

Bealdor
22-11-2015, 19:29
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-COMPLETE-Companion-app-UDP-streaming

MABlosfeld
22-11-2015, 20:24
I was looking to force stop single player mode and found UDP
now I know what it does, thank you.

Sea Skimmer
01-12-2015, 18:49
No more ghost cars YES YES YES !

cheddle
02-12-2015, 22:57
I cant wait for shadows to work correctly in VR - so far the work that has been put into VR is amazing - please continue to improve this :-)

Is there any way I can use some kind of DSR (super sampling) with the rift? I feel the overall fidelity would benefit massively for example - currently some vehicles brake lights are quite hard to see