PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 6.0 Release Notes

Pages : [1] 2

Stephen Viljoen
12-11-2015, 13:02
Hi all,

The PC version is about to go live on Steam, and with that, here are the full release notes. Enjoy :)

Project CARS – PC Patch 6.0 – Release notes

* NEW – Host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session.
* NEW – Mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
* NEW – Option to set race length by time (also available in Quick Race).
* NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
* NEW – Dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.
* Fixed an exploit where a player could be awarded a win by jumping the start.
* Fixed an issue where, if the host is forcing realistic driving assists, the player wasn’t able to toggle the allowed assists on or off while in-race.
* Fixed a game crash issue if the client is kicked while typing in the chat box.
* Fixed an issue where, if Forced Default Setup is used, the pit crew would not change tyres until they’re completely worn. The tyres will now be changed when at least one tyre is worn down by 25% or more.

Career
* Fixed a bug where drivers in a simulated series can all end up with ‘INVALID NAME!’
* Fixed a bug where AI opponents would attempt to use DLC cars that are not installed.
* The player will no longer be offered a contract renewal for a DLC contract, if they've since uninstalled that DLC.
* DLC Career contract emails earned while a DLC was installed, are no longer shown if DLC is then uninstalled.
* If the player’s current contract is a DLC contract and the player uninstalls this DLC, the career season using this DLC contract will finish for the player when entering Dashboard and they will have to pick from valid contract offers to continue (or reinstall the uninstalled DLC).
* Fixed an issue where the Modified Cars Pack and Limited Edition DLC Invitationals and Accolades were visible for players who do not own these DLC packs. Entering these invitational events would cause the player and AI to be in non-matching vehicles.
* Fixed an issue where at times the pit crew wouldn’t change the tyre set to the one selected in pit-strategy.

Controls
* Fixed an issue where remapping KERS would stop it working.
* Fixed an issue where changes made to Gamepad Advanced Options were not saved.
* Added Thrustmaster T150 support.

Tracks
* Zolder – fixed a potential ‘landmine’ issue.
* Le Mans – adjusted the 55th garage spot to correct an issue where the cars would hit the pit wall on exiting this spot.
* Donington – all layouts – fixed an issue where cars would make contact with the left side wall when exiting some garages.
* Road America – pre-race camera tweaked to prevent the camera from clipping with the ground.
* Ruapuna Park – all layouts – fixed an issue with the last garage spot being outside garage area.
* Mojave – all layouts – fixed an issue with floating tyre skid marks, fixed an issue with rain being visible inside tunnels, and placed visible barriers in areas where the player is not allowed to drive.

Vehicles
* Bentley Continental GT3 – fixed DLC livery windscreen banners.
* Ruf CTR3 SMS-R – increased default tire pressure to work better with tire warmers.
* Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny – fixed an issue with the windscreen banner.

Physics & AI
* AI – improved awareness and look-ahead to help with situations in multi-class races, where AI in a fast car would fail to avoid the player and AI in much slower cars.
* Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
* Implemented support to remove detached wheels from the track after a certain amount of time.

GUI & HUD
* Vehicle selection – manufacturer page now orders icons alphabetically.
* Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.
* Minor updates to Career Dashboard – motorsports & DN Profile buttons are now tiles consistent with other tabs, Inbox is now full screen with clearer indication of highlighted mail, and initial Accept Contract Offer screen now has improved layout and clearer indication of signature button.
* Improved Race Central screen – better balanced background image, removed gradient in top-right corner.
* Track layout map images are now displayed on the quick track selection screens.
* Fixed an issue where ‘Invert Camera Y Axis’ text was being displayed as ‘Automatic Clutch’.
* Updated the Xbox One controller image to the new Elite Controller.
* Fixed an issue where the UI stops responding on ghost selection when player enters the My Garage option.

General
* Fixed an issue during pit stops where the pit crew mistakes ratio was too high.
* Driver name tags above cars can now be turned on for replays.
* Entering the pits during a Time Trial will now invalidate that lap’s time.
* Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.

Oculus Rift
This update is primarily to improve the HUD position/rotation/scaling editor and the custom VR settings system.
* All movement and rotation is now relative to the HUD’s local axis instead of world axis.
* The HUD controls are now all located on the numeric keypad. Toggling between position and rotation modes are done by pressing the NUM-0 key.
* HUD movement speeds are now reduced and we added controls for slow scale control. The movement speed will now also accelerate if you press and hold a key, limited to maximum 10x speed.
* The movement amount per click of the HUD editing controls for placement and rotation are now scaled when you scale the HUD size up or down. This helps a lot as it gives much finer controls when positioning/rotating while the HUD is scaled down.
* Changes to the HUD position/rotation/scale will now only be saved when you confirm to save the edited HUD settings; otherwise it restores the previous settings.

New and improved Oculus HUD movement keys layout

The HUD adjustment now runs in one of two modes - movement and rotation / scale. Num-Pad 0 toggles between these modes.

In movement mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: move left and right
1 & 3: move left and right slowly
8 & 2: move up and down
7 & 9: move up and down slowly
+ & -: move back and forth
/ & *: move back and forth slowly
5: resets position to the default

In rotation / scale mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: rotate left and right
8 & 2: rotate up and down
1 & 3: rotate anti-clockwise / clockwise
+ & -: scale the HUD bigger and smaller
/ & *: scale the HUD bigger and smaller slowly
5: resets rotation and scale to the default

Custom VR settings system
This file is located in your ‘My Documents\Project CARS’ folder, and is called ‘oculussettings.xml’
There are entries to control the position, rotation and scale for each of the following:
* HUD (HUDSettings)
* Main Menus (FrontEndSettings)
* In-game Menus (InGameSettings)
The format for each is identical and the data can be copied between them. While we currently only allow you to edit the HUD in-game using the system documented above, you can freely copy the saved values to the entries for the front-end and in-game menus settings, and these will then also appear at the repositioned placement/rotation/scale settings.
FYI – the rotation part is a quaternion, if anyone wants to try and make sense of it (the names are intuitive, offsetX offsetY, offsetZ, scale, and rotation[WXYZ]).
The other 3 entries are:
* FullScreen – sets the full screen mirror mode. Default is ‘true’. Set to ‘false’ to disable full screen mirror mode.
* HideCrowds – used to hide crowds (performance gain). Default is ‘true’. Set to ‘false’ to enable crowds again.
* LimitCars – not yet used, future addition

Scuderia Paul
12-11-2015, 13:05
Timed races and AI improvements in multi-class races are 2 of my most wanted updates. I am on PS4 but I have been dying to see these. Great stuff!

Seeing as this is the full list it is a shame that the glitch where if we put the game off while having a DLC car selected we will see it reset to the RWD P30 LMP1 when we start again has not been sorted. Also happens with a DLC track and resets to Dubai Autodrome.

Can we have the option to have selected liveries not being reset to Random when we select a different car? It is a huge pain.

Either way there are plenty of nice bits in v6.0. Keep it up guys.

:yes:

Photonmonkey
12-11-2015, 13:08
Will be interested to see if there is anything specific for consoles in 6.0?

Razocharovaniye
12-11-2015, 13:08
I was waiting for this. Finally :D

noobkill
12-11-2015, 13:17
Another amazing patch. Thank you SMS :)

Felipe Becker
12-11-2015, 13:27
2.3gb on steam, donwloading!!!!

Scuderia Paul
12-11-2015, 13:33
2.3gb on steam, donwloading!!!!
Those classic circuits will be worth the 2.3GB.

Invincible
12-11-2015, 13:34
Another awesome patch! Timed races, finally! Looks like I gotta ditch fallout 4 today...

Eddie.PND
12-11-2015, 13:38
Well done guys.

How about locked cockpit view?

cluck
12-11-2015, 13:40
Fantastic stuff, as always, team blue :yes:.

biancazzurro
12-11-2015, 13:44
Still no custom championship... i am a little disappointed

MABlosfeld
12-11-2015, 13:45
implementations and corrections in online mode is the best for me, thank you SMS, great job.

Sessionerror
12-11-2015, 13:47
Great Patchnotes! And it really makes me happy to see how you're listening to suggestions. I asked if it wouldn't be possible to make the ghosting of cars optional...and there it is! In general, great new online feautures, these will make our league races even more fun :)

wOoDsTeR16
12-11-2015, 13:48
If these are close to the xbox patch notes then this by far is the best patch to date!, wicked work guys!!!

Biffdiver
12-11-2015, 13:51
Great Job SMS! Great sim and continuing support. AI is best I've seen, and is continually getting better IMO. Thanks for all the hard work!

Razocharovaniye
12-11-2015, 13:54
Still no custom championship... i am a little disappointed

Still no save mid races, but we'll have timed races.

NemethR
12-11-2015, 14:00
Project CARS – PC Patch 6.0 – Release notes

* NEW – Host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session.
* NEW – Mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
* NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
* NEW – Dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.

* Track layout map images are now displayed on the quick track selection screens.

General
* Entering the pits during a Time Trial will now invalidate that lap’s time.
* Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.

All these wonderful new features!

Thank you guys so much, this patch and the Upcomung DLC really brought my trust in SMS back. :)

baza4173
12-11-2015, 14:12
Still no option to force off racing line

N0body Of The Goat
12-11-2015, 14:16
Did counter-measures for running low/minimum camber make it into patch 6.0?

As in, where drivers were choosing 0/0 cambers for example on the Formula A, for higher top speed and still having plenty of grip in the corners (instead of a trade-off).

Good mix of fixes and new features. :)

Giovtec
12-11-2015, 14:20
I like this better, no advice days before but just announcement right before going live.

IJerichoI
12-11-2015, 14:30

That makes me think that it might not be possible if cars that nearly got lapped in the race (assume league race P3+4 are battling on the main straight when winner crosses the line, private) to complete the last lap? :confused: Would have been better IMO to up this to 100 or 125% and end the race when all participants are over the line.

Or is this feature optional?

Mahjik
12-11-2015, 14:34
As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.

Loki C346
12-11-2015, 14:35
I know this is a PC patch but.... game chat fix for PS4? please? pleeeeease? :'C

Real question - what happens if there is a Mandatory Pit Stop and a player does not pit before the finish? Can we set it to a tire change is also mandatory?

Umer Ahmad
12-11-2015, 14:38
Goodbye Amik.

"* NEW – Host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session. "

Great patch and continued support for this title. Never lost faith in this team.

crowtrobot
12-11-2015, 14:46
Do the Force Pit and Timed Races options extend to Quick Race, or are they Multiplayer only?

GUI & HUD
Thank god for the layout images.

Mahjik
12-11-2015, 14:58
Do the Force Pit and Timed Races options extend to Quick Race, or are they Multiplayer only?

At least the "Timed Race" option says on it (also available in Quick Race). ;)

E_Luckow
12-11-2015, 14:59
Amazing job!:D

Benjamin Benichou
12-11-2015, 15:19
Oh Yeah blue guys ! Tks a lot.

crowtrobot
12-11-2015, 15:27
At least the "Timed Race" option says on it (also available in Quick Race). ;)
Lol, my bad.

Tastakrad
12-11-2015, 15:38
What will not be mentioned in the notes is that the Nordschleife got more thents and viewers outside the track :)

slider916
12-11-2015, 15:45
2 Questions Please:

1. Are timed races an option offline?
2. Are forced pitstops offline?

Thanks

Mascot
12-11-2015, 15:46
Thank god for the layout images.

Agreed, but you have to question why something so bleedin' obvious too six patches to appear.

Yorkie065
12-11-2015, 15:48
2 Questions Please:

1. Are timed races an option offline?
2. Are forced pitstops offline?

Thanks

Answer to question 1 is in a magical mystical place? Can you guess perhaps where it might be?!? :P

Cheesenium
12-11-2015, 15:49
Thanks for the patch. Timed race is really something that I wanted since day 1 as I had been surprised numerous times for putting way too many laps in a race.

Can we get mandatory pitstop function for single player races too?

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 16:06
How do timed races work? After the time is up what happens? complete the current lap? One more lap? Two more laps?

Rodrigoef
12-11-2015, 16:07
The races improved a lot in Endurance Series. No more unnecessary crashes with slower classes. But the engineer still can't differentiate the cattegories.

kimjensen
12-11-2015, 16:08
When is this update available? I got the steam version

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 16:08
The races improved a lot in Endurance Series. No more unnecessary crashes with slower classes. But the engineer still can't differentiate the cattegories.

Use Crew Chief and be happy :D

Cheesenium
12-11-2015, 16:13

Hmm, I always forget to give Crew Chief a go. Especially I have both pcars and R3E where Crew Chief works for both games.

Thanks for reminding me. :)

Beltoon
12-11-2015, 16:15
Some great new functions guys, great work! Mandatory pitstop, names on replay, host kick, race length by time. Great addition to the game!

How do timed races work? After the time is up what happens? complete the current lap? One more lap? Two more laps?

Interested in this too. I hope the race doesn't end right when it hits the time marker like it does in qualification.

Roger Prynne
12-11-2015, 16:17

Try a quick 10 min stint and see what happens.

N0body Of The Goat
When is this update available? I got the steam version

It has been available for over two hours.

If you start up pCARS, the build info in the bottom left corner should now read 1125.

If it shows something different, exit pCARS, see if you then get "update paused" in your Steam library. If still nothing, exit Steam (by Windows clock) and then restart Steam.

mr_belowski
Don't expect crew chief to differentiate the classes either - that data isn't in the shared memory block

falcon2081
12-11-2015, 16:19

Just to give you guys a heads up that this new thing is broken. Name tags do not update during a lap but when the last car crosses the finish line and even then it doesn't update properly. There's also a short draw distance on the name tags themselves. It would have been fine to just have it "on" entirely or "off". Also replay's are still messed up with missing cars, wrong liveries, car's stuck on the grid etc.

Schumi-
12-11-2015, 16:29
Great update, especially timed races offline, would have been nice to have mandatory pit stops during a race weekend offline, but hopefully that will follow.

Game gets better and better.

Thanks

Cheesenium
12-11-2015, 16:30

I guess after the set amount of time, ie: 1 hour, all driver have to complete their current lap and the race ends.

KkDrummer
12-11-2015, 16:32
Some great new functions guys, great work! Mandatory pitstop, names on replay, host kick, race length by time. Great addition to the game!

Interested in this too. I hope the race doesn't end right when it hits the time marker like it does in qualification.

I believe it will work the same way as career....

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 16:33
Try a quick 10 min stint and see what happens.
Smarty pants :p

I guess after the set amount of time, ie: 1 hour, all driver have to complete their current lap and the race ends.
Thanks...

F1_Racer68
12-11-2015, 16:46
- Timed Races
- Host Kick/Ban
- Names in replay

Those are three of the main things I have wanted to see in this game since day 1. THANK YOU SMS!!!!

This is another fantastic patch. Please keep up the great work.

Dmitry Afanasyev
12-11-2015, 16:47
Time limited races is a great addition! Now the only thing I miss is to be able to finish my flying lap in MP Qualify after chequered flag

MAARTEN
12-11-2015, 17:13
Great work as usual SMS :) Especially thanks for the added function with host kick. Been awaited by many i think.

Omarlop
12-11-2015, 17:22
Why when u play against IA there is just one Mclaren and one Bentley??

Roger Prynne
12-11-2015, 17:25

Yeah that's how it works... just did a 20 min race and I could finish the last lap and it timed it at 21:11 mins.

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 17:27
Yeah that's how it works... just did a 20 min race and I could finish the last lap and it timed it at 21:11 mins.

Nice. The reason I've asked is because some categories have this time +1 or time + 2 laps. Finish the current lap sounds good to me :D

tyl3r99
12-11-2015, 17:27
can someone help me and explain the dynamic end race timer thing?
im not sure what they mean by 50% of slowest lap time / 75% so on?

isnt it simply a count down timer or does it work differently?
TIA

t0daY
12-11-2015, 17:29
Timing races wuhuu... well the jump from 1hours to 2hours is too big... what about 1.5 hour races... Or 2:24:00 hour races (24h race with 10x time progression)... Or 1:48:00 hour races (18h race with 10x time progression)... Really nice feature but still things are missing :(

Although the replay names seems to be also buggy... not showing correctly the names... this patch seems to be more than it is actually... well lets wait for the patch 6.1 xDD

tyl3r99
12-11-2015, 17:31
Timing races wuhuu... well the jump from 1hours to 2hours is too big... what about 1.5 hour races... Or 2:24:00 hour races (24h race with 10x time progression)... Or 1:48:00 hour races (18h race with 10x time progression)... Really nice feature but still things are missing :(

Although the replay names seems to be also buggy... not showing correctly the names... this patch seems to be more than it is actually... well lets wait for the patch 6.1 xDD

oh is there big jumps from times? oh thought you would be able to enter your own specific time you wanted?? (hopefully that will come in 6.1) however its looking good :)

C6ckneyGeezer
12-11-2015, 17:31
Cheers lads!

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 17:33
can someone help me and explain the dynamic end race timer thing?
im not sure what they mean by 50% of slowest lap time / 75% so on?

isnt it simply a count down timer or does it work differently?
TIA

It's a simple timer but sometimes if the last guy is broken somewhere on the track all players have to wait a lot to get back to the lobby. Now the end of race timer will always be 50% of the slowest lap time in the previous lap (I assume that bit). 75% if it's a private lobby.

Giovtec
12-11-2015, 17:34

Edit: Also on the REPLAY the places don't get updated until the last car cross the finish line, so for every lap to display the right place need to wait for last car to cross it.
i noticed that on my Telemetry app map.

Roger Prynne
12-11-2015, 17:38

Didn't realize that and just confirmed.

Nico Herrmann
12-11-2015, 17:40
I can see on my HDD new cars. Alpine A442B, Lotus 25, Lotus 38, Lotus 40, Lotus 49C, Lotus 51, Renault Megan Trophy Renault RS01 and Formula Renault 3.5. Cant wait

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 17:41
Renault RS 01? HOLLY CRAP :D

Scuderia Paul
12-11-2015, 17:55
The Renault R.S. 01 will be a riot but it appears the Laguna TC ain't part of the Renault pack. Hopefully it hasn't been replaced as I am sooo looking forward to it. Perhaps it will be in a Touring Car pack?

Mangoat
12-11-2015, 18:01

indeed :)

riqy86
12-11-2015, 18:09
Wondering what especially has changes on the GT3/LMP tyre wear, anyone has more info?

Sankyo
12-11-2015, 18:15
Agreed, but you have to question why something so bleedin' obvious too six patches to appear.

Priorities.

Chin
12-11-2015, 18:16

Why can't they just give us more resolution on the timers?! I am currently very frustrated with the Qualifying/Practice options as well. 15min doesn't give enough time to get a qualy lap in at the Ring in many cars, while 30min is excessive to get that lap in and everyone sits around waiting. I don't see why it is so difficult to give us control of the timers. :mad:

Knightfall
12-11-2015, 18:24
Why can't they just give us more resolution on the timers?! I am currently very frustrated with the Qualifying/Practice options as well. 15min doesn't give enough time to get a qualy lap in at the Ring in many cars, while 30min is excessive to get that lap in and everyone sits around waiting. I don't see why it is so difficult to give us control of the timers. :mad:

Can't you set it to 30, and when everyone is done at the 21st minute just "Skip to end of session"?

EliteK29
12-11-2015, 18:28
So for time races what's the options? Can we do 10 minute races or 30 minutes? Or is 1 hour the lowest option we have?

Scott1904
12-11-2015, 18:29
Great and very thanks to the Mandatory pit stop option.

Razocharovaniye
12-11-2015, 18:35
For time races what's the highest and lowest time to play?

MAARTEN
12-11-2015, 18:37
Come on folks, there will always be room for improvements but can't you see what we get for every patch instead of complain about whats missing? This game gets better for every patch and i am sure that SMS take note of what people want in future updates. But for now this is what we get till next update. I have never seen any other game that has this frequent updates so you should thank SMS instead of complain.

Rodrigoef
12-11-2015, 18:38

Crewchief doesn't work with multiple categories either.

TheReaper GT
12-11-2015, 18:42
Crewchief doesn't work with multiple categories either.

Talk with the dev, he is a good guy and always open to requests...

-IGN- Spinster
12-11-2015, 18:48
NEW – Host kick function.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59432138.jpg

c172fccc
12-11-2015, 18:59
For time races what's the highest and lowest time to play?

5 minutes to 24 hours.

Fanapryde
12-11-2015, 19:04
WHAT ? WHAT ?
Is that true ?
:smiley_simmons::highly_amused::eagerness:

Not near my rig now, can't check.
The RS1 would be awesome... Thanks SMS !!!

liamnielsen
12-11-2015, 19:22
Timed races and AI improvements in multi-class races are 2 of my most wanted updates. I am on PS4 but I have been dying to see these. Great stuff!

Seeing as this is the full list it is a shame that the glitch where if we put the game off while having a DLC car selected we will see it reset to the RWD P30 LMP1 when we start again has not been sorted. Also happens with a DLC track and resets to Dubai Autodrome.

Can we have the option to have selected liveries not being reset to Random when we select a different car? It is a huge pain.

Either way there are plenty of nice bits in v6.0. Keep it up guys.

:yes:

Yes! its not just me that finds Liveries being reset a major pain in the butt. i'd love to see an actual "Selection button for liveries" so you can keep what you love, on the cars that you love!

But other than that. a great patch once again SMS... keep working hard and we keep racing hard

Slowsley
12-11-2015, 19:25
5 minutes to 24 hours.

24?! Heck yeah and whew! One thing down, just choosing classes to go. Well done fellers!

LigierJSP2
12-11-2015, 19:35
Very happy to have timed races available!

EliteK29
12-11-2015, 19:36
5 minutes to 24 hours.

Yes! That's excellent

c172fccc
12-11-2015, 19:42
5 minutes to 24 hours.

So here are the choices: 5min, 10 min, 15min, 20min, 30min, 45 min, 1h, 2h, 3h, 4h, 6h, 8h, 12h or 1 day.

Mahjik
12-11-2015, 19:51
As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.

^^^^^^

RomKnight
12-11-2015, 20:52
Does the work on the heat and tyres in general work around the camber issue? No? Another fix but omitted somehow?

RS01... WOW :D

Razocharovaniye
12-11-2015, 20:55
So here are the choices: 5min, 10 min, 15min, 20min, 30min, 45 min, 1h, 2h, 3h, 4h, 6h, 8h, 12h or 1 day.

Now, it's time to wait for save mid races! and custom championship. I have the hope

lifeofbrian
12-11-2015, 20:59
Why is mandatory pit stop greyed out and locked?

Neil Bateman
12-11-2015, 21:02
Why is mandatory pit stop greyed out and locked?

Not sure, is there a minimum race length or only races with lap count and not timed for this to become available?

Fendar
12-11-2015, 21:19
absolutely brilliant!

looking forward to a next dlc, too!

:D

KANETAKER
12-11-2015, 21:23

Forgot include 90 minutes for those just looking to run races of one hour and a half.

As for the obligatory pit stops, should implement the option of increasing fuel consumption by 2X, 3X or 4X to make sense of the stop pits even 1 time in sprint races, because for now only exists as alternatively increase tire wear but it directly affects the performance, speed, grip and maneuverability of the car on track.

DusterBuster
12-11-2015, 21:44
Good to see that the toogle of the "Real Driving Aids" in MP is fixed.
But the "Real Driving Aids" for SP are still bugged, basically they overwrite the MP Settings for the client. --> If the host allows all of them you can only activate the ones that your car has, and if the host allows none of the driving aids you can still activate them. For example if the host sets up a gt3 race with no driving aids allowed you can get all of them by taking the z4 gt3 and set your driving aids to real in gameplay.

MABlosfeld
12-11-2015, 21:45
Just to give you guys a heads up that this new thing is broken. Name tags do not update during a lap but when the last car crosses the finish line and even then it doesn't update properly. There's also a short draw distance on the name tags themselves. It would have been fine to just have it "on" entirely or "off". Also replay's are still messed up with missing cars, wrong liveries, car's stuck on the grid etc.

may fix in the next patch 7.0

DJBALLISTIC
12-11-2015, 23:34
so how does the kick feature work? i was host of server earlier but still only same option vote to kick not kick player. maybe im missing something!!

M4MKey
12-11-2015, 23:40
Okay, so here is an important issue. Races that are set in length and not laps will call disqualification on any false start player. No drive through. So avoid it until patch 7.0 or 8.0...

Mahjik
12-11-2015, 23:44
Okay, so here is an important issue. Races that are set in length and not laps will call disqualification on any false start player. No drive through. So avoid it until patch 7.0 or 8.0...

Or just don't false start... Simple enough..

ryandtw
12-11-2015, 23:45
YES! RACE LENGTH BY TIME!!!

DJBALLISTIC
12-11-2015, 23:54
still no answer to ? kick player, not vote kick player
new feature kick player
where is it if u host?

GenBrien
13-11-2015, 00:08
I'm sorry but I dont see where I put mandatory pit stop?
is it only in MP or in SP too?

Just ice
13-11-2015, 00:14
Is it necessary to delete profile

t0daY
13-11-2015, 00:16

It is not worth to be found xD You can select between "Yes" and "No". Do not know the intention behind it^^

How many mandatory pitstops, in which windows of laps they have to be done seemed to be not important enough... Or also the fact that the mandatory pitstops are not available in timed races (at least I could not select it...)
Again like the "default setup" feature in the past patch (which did not work at all and had to be fixed in another patch):

Idea = very nice :) ... execution = not so good :(

DJBALLISTIC
13-11-2015, 00:21
its only in mp, but where is kick player?
i repeat where is kick player
new feature my arse.
answer please as is important ,vote kick means all need vote
patch notes say new feature kick player if host, i dont see such function only same as before patch.
come on i cant be only player wondering this new kick player , amik the bitch , if only we could get him out before vote

AOD_WeDGE
13-11-2015, 01:01
testing it out, as host "vote to kick player" works the same as kick player, just use that

SwiftyOne
13-11-2015, 02:07
Is it necessary to delete profile

I would say Re-name your profile, if you don't like the deletion of everything, you can always go back with the old profile ;)

M4MKey
13-11-2015, 02:09

You really mean it ? I'm representing a league of 50+ pilots..., with people of different skill. Not like I want to jump start or I'd do it. But things can happen and people could jump start. Hence the drive through thing. But yet a moderator comes and just say "don't do it, so it won't break". Are you really serious about this kind of answer as a moderator ?...

TheReaper GT
13-11-2015, 02:25
You really mean it ? I'm representing a league of 50+ pilots..., with people of different skill. Not like I want to jump start or I'd do it. But things can happen and people could jump start. Hence the drive through thing. But yet a moderator comes and just say "don't do it, so it won't break". Are you really serious about this kind of answer as a moderator ?...

I agree with you on the Jump Start thing but a moderator is just a user/racer and have the right of his own opinion. It's not like a dev said it to you...

Mahjik
13-11-2015, 02:30
Are you really serious about this kind of answer as a moderator ?...

As a moderator? Yes! ;)

But to be serious now, you should restructure your comments such as "Just a warning, it seems to disqualify a racer if he jumps the start. Use with caution for now.". Saying things like "Don't use until the next patch" is not helping anything. You've been involved with this project long enough to know how you should be responding.

M4MKey
13-11-2015, 02:31
Removed my post because I don't want to continue this discussion.

erickgoldner
13-11-2015, 02:40
I thought a moderator should at least have the intelligence to not answer such stupid ( and in a certain way, offensive ) words without even thinking about what he is saying. Maybe it's different here. I think Remco or the other real modos would never have made such a comment.

So to close this debate. We have a 2h race this saturday with our league and we'll not use this splendid new feature as it's already flawed before the lights go green. I don't want to have a mess about pitstops or other things.

It's nice to implement such features as they are so much awaited. But at least, testing them could be nice... This is something we found after less than an hour testing it with someone from my league.
And my message at the start was to warn people about it.

But oh well... Don't make jump start and everything might be ok... No need for a fix. Just be better skilled...

It doesn't seem to disqualify... It does.. and Apart from the end of my first post. Everything was right and was a warning.

Don't forget the Mandatory Pit stop option, which seems to only work with Laps, not Time!
Oh boy...

optimalspieler
13-11-2015, 03:08
Names in replays, mandatory stops, race length by time - love it! :)

But what does "mandatory pit stop" exactly mean? Do I have to change tires? If so: How many? Is refueling enough? Or can I just drive through the pits without stopping?

I'm away until Tuesday, so I cannot test it myself.

Mahjik
13-11-2015, 03:15
So to close this debate. We have a 2h race this saturday with our league and we'll not use this splendid new feature as it's already flawed before the lights go green.

Rolling Starts are an option. It won't give control until the green which means it will avoid jump starts (as well as stalled cars on the grid). I definitely don't drive every track pCARS offers, but the ones I have behave well for pCARS' rolling start implementation which was not always so..

Umer Ahmad
13-11-2015, 03:24
Or just do a formation lap and have someone call out "green green green" to signal start of the race.

Worked fine for 3 years in the TGC races.

(No, i am not denying there is an issue. Just giving a workaround.)

Raven403
13-11-2015, 03:39
Or just do a formation lap and have someone call out "green green green" to signal start of the race.

Worked fine for 3 years in the TGC races.

(No, i am not denying there is an issue. Just giving a workaround.)

That's how we do it too

GT_Racing
13-11-2015, 03:52
Hosts can now kick. Thank you!!!

damadmoneyman
13-11-2015, 05:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0AP48vUevk

Whao..cant believe this is coming

gotdirt410sprintcar
13-11-2015, 05:27
FFB instructions on how to make it feel alive in my hands on the next patch lol this is a joke not really. But thanks for the kick your butt out the show button long over do. And thanks for all the free updates that you have done to keep this the best game possible . Key word to the complainer's is FREE UPDATES HEHE:D

Slowsley
13-11-2015, 05:51
]221974

Mascot
13-11-2015, 07:22
Priorities.

I think you might have missed my point Remco, which was that track maps should have been overtly displayed on the selection screen right from day one, and not have needed patching in at all.

Man, I really hope the UI in PC2 has functionality as a priority. PCars can be a real chore to navigate at times.

Fanapryde
13-11-2015, 07:28
Man, I really hope the UI in PC2 has functionality as a priority. PCars can be a real chore to navigate at times.

Happy to say that I discovered this is a lot easier on PC, compared to PS4.

Azure Flare
13-11-2015, 08:35
Whao..cant believe this is coming

I saw Renault RS01 in the files and though it was the first turbocharged F1 car, but sadly not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm_qrmTBAgE

DragonSyr
13-11-2015, 08:39
well done !!!

henki
13-11-2015, 08:41
There is still a bug with fixed setup in online lobby, cars with previously own saved setup, get always a fixed amount of fuel.

Thanks for your great work..

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 10:13
I think you might have missed my point Remco, which was that track maps should have been overtly displayed on the selection screen right from day one, and not have needed patching in at all.

I agree, but also during development there are priorities :)

IJerichoI
13-11-2015, 10:45

This is a known issue, I think (hope) PC2 will be a huge step up.

However, the quick selection was intended for those who know the tracks to quickly select it by name, unfortunately it is placed as the first selection screen, with the "normal" track selection somewhat hidden on the right. Pretty disadvantageous position, as this way the secondary quick selection becomes the main selection for almost all people. This first intention lead to the fact that there were no images planned initially.

Same goes for the car selection too, although there pictures were made.

pigsy
13-11-2015, 11:00
I'm unable to see driver names in replays. I have driver names set to the letter 'n' key but nothing happens when pressed. I don't normally run with driver names on in races. What am I doing wrong?

Rosberger
13-11-2015, 11:03
Great patch - your guys are doing a terrific job.

My special Christmas wish - mid game save option. I would loooove to complete a 24 hours race, but with two small kids and a dog I will not be able to do it the next 18 years unless mid game save is possible :-) Just love this game!!

Stephen Viljoen
13-11-2015, 11:16

That is by design, as there is no way to know how long the player is going to take to finish a lap. If we say 'go drive through' and the player takes all the available race time to complete only one lap, then it all breaks. There are more complex ways that we could do threshold length checks etc, but that is way beyond the scope of what we could do at this stage. Best advice as others suggested, don't jump the start. :)

Stephen Viljoen
13-11-2015, 11:19
I'm unable to see driver names in replays. I have driver names set to the letter 'n' key but nothing happens when pressed. I don't normally run with driver names on in races. What am I doing wrong?

The toggle only works if you've set the option to allow the tags in the first place.

t0daY
13-11-2015, 11:51
That is by design, as there is no way to know how long the player is going to take to finish a lap. If we say 'go drive through' and the player takes all the available race time to complete only one lap, then it all breaks. There are more complex ways that we could do threshold length checks etc, but that is way beyond the scope of what we could do at this stage. Best advice as others suggested, don't jump the start. :)

So thats the solving of this problem?? Just "avoid jumping starts"? - A drive through would be okay, a 10-20-30sec penalty in the end of the race would be okay but just saying "do not jump start"... Wow... Why implementing half done features where over 50% is missing and/or unfinished. It was the case with the default setup, its now the case with the mandatory pitstop and the timed races... Why not think about the idea and execution twice instead of throwing it straight into the next patch because Project Cars needs new features that people staying with the game? I am really disappointed of this patch...

I really don't get it...

MABlosfeld
13-11-2015, 12:01
pcars will be good for leagues or championships in the future, not now.
obs: Helmet movement stopped working after patch 6.0 ////////edit: helmet movement returned to work

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 12:02
So thats the solving of this problem?? Just "avoid jumping starts"? - A drive through would be okay, a 10-20-30sec penalty in the end of the race would be okay but just saying "do not jump start"... Wow... Why implementing half done features where over 50% is missing and/or unfinished. It was the case with the default setup, its now the case with the mandatory pitstop and the timed races... Why not think about the idea and execution twice instead of throwing it straight into the next patch because Project Cars needs new features that people staying with the game? I am really disappointed of this patch...

I really don't get it...
Stephen explained that they thought about it and why a drive-through wasn't implemented.

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 12:03
obs: Helmet movement stopped working after patch 6.0
Can you post a video or repro steps? Are you sure that the option hasn't reverted to 'off' by default or something like that?

t0daY
13-11-2015, 12:05
Stephen explained why a drive-through wasn't implemented.

Its for me just a bad excuse to be honest... If you do a jump start on a time race you will get instantly DQ. Thats not realistic at all... It will be just another negative aspect to NOT run timed races at all. Not to mention that something like that could destroy a whole league. And the simple answer to that is just "dont do jump starts" ... Well done really...

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 12:08
Its for me just a bad excuse to be honest... If you do a jump start on a time race you will get instantly DQ. Thats not realistic at all... It will be just another negative aspect to NOT run timed races at all. Not to mention that something like that could destroy a whole league. And the simple answer to that is just "dont do jump starts" ... Well done really...
I don't get it. Why would it be impossible for people not to jump start, how would this 'destroy a whole league'? Just hold your foot off the throttle before you see a green light? Doesn't need an ace sim racer do achieve that.

hkraft300
13-11-2015, 12:09
Timed races
Mandatory pitstops
Host kick

I play a lot of MP and this will be a bit of a game changer. Top stuff :)

DinkLv
13-11-2015, 12:23
Fantastic handling since this patch!

Th3Pr0ph3cy
13-11-2015, 12:40
For sure it's hard work to do such a game... but I wonder how it is possible that the developer fixes 5 bugs and adding 10 new to the game? I can't get it. Lobby chat during sessions not working any longer since the 6.0 patch. Targeting the best own time at time trial list not working any longer... new ghostery blue flags, means there are no other Cars on Track and Box says BlueFlags faster Cars are coming ... LOL ...Warning for cutting the track after a session...and so on...

M4MKey
13-11-2015, 12:50
I don't get it. Why would it be impossible for people not to jump start, how would this 'destroy a whole league'? Just hold your foot off the throttle before you see a green light? Doesn't need an ace sim racer do achieve that.

What you don't get Remco. Is that it shouldn't be up to the client to do the right thing to avoid issues. It should be up to the software to avoid issue that client could trigger. That just how any patch on software should works.

As Stephen told about a "decision choice"... It looks more like this feature is a more a tweak than a feature. Clearly, my league won't use this tweak. We are already full of how the replays aren't working properly when we need them for investigations post-race...

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 12:52
I also have to agree the jump start DQ with the times races is too excessive. Was it not viable to just add a 2-3 second slow down penalty for the jump start? Surely that could be implemented and would be a better alternative to the DQ. The penalty would not seem excessive and still punish the jump starter enough instead of DQ'ing him for what sometimes is a simple mistake.

I also have to agree that saying "just stay off the throttle at the lights" really should not be seen as a solution to an underlying problem. It's a cop out answer and while this could work for the casual racer it's an issue for us people who are in leagues fighting for a championship. The life blood of this game is dependent on communities that set up leagues and will keep the game alive post patch support. But you guys are making it incredibly hard.

I love this game I really do. Except for iRacing pCars has the next best "complete" multiplayer experience. But with every patch my frustrations just keep growing deeper as I feel that some of these "issues" with the game can be avoided if we just knew about them before hand. I seriously think you guys need to consult with people who organize leagues because some of these design decisions just don't make sense from our perspective. I don't expect for you guys to defend your decisions either. There's no need to but I just hope you guys take a better consideration with future implementations.

t0daY
13-11-2015, 12:54
What you don't get Remco. Is that it shouldn't be up to the client to do the right thing to avoid issues. It should be up to the software to avoid issue that client could trigger. That just how any patch on software should works.

As Stephen told about a "decision choice"... It looks more like this feature is a more a tweak than a feature. Clearly, my league won't use this tweak. We are already full of how the replays aren't working properly when we need them for investigations post-race...

Yep can't agree more with you. It's like "there is a problem with changing tires" and then the solution would be "just don't change tires"... Pcars claims to be realistic but then we have crazy things like that xd

NoBrakes
13-11-2015, 12:56

I really don't get the problem and why it's connected to jump start only - it should mean we never get any real world racing penalties in pCARS like other games could handle?

I don't want to stress this, but what is the problem if you have lap based or timed races and one does break a racing rule and has to get punished to send him to the pit lane to do a stop&go or drive through penalty?

Issue:
Jump start, going off track to often, crashing massively on each other etc. -> penalty: drive through or stop&go or add x seconds to race result (and/or maybe change position at the end for +x places) - or if it's a massive jump start like before or after the first red lights then automatically start a formation lap and make a restart with the jump-starting car either be disqualified or placed as last in the grid etc. The rules and possible penalties could be easily taken from several public available racing rule documents.

Scenario 1 - lap based race:

Let's say race has to be minimum more than 1 lap in length (in 1lap "hotlap" races it doesn't make any sense to give penalties other than disqualification), then the player could enter box after 1st lap or not - if not -> disqualification. Depending on the amount auf given laps (>1) you could easily do the math to set a maximum number of laps one has to take his penalty or get disqualified - in normal races you have maximum 2..3 laps to do so before you get black flagged.

Scenario 2 - time based race:

Minimum time for the length of such a race should be the typical time to do one lap within a certain car class or take something else on the save side to complete a normal lap. Again on has x laps time to take his penalty (starting from the current lap the penalty is given and calculated from the crossing the line the next time). Now, if he takes more time than the race endures you have the race over timer that is just implemented and then you could end the race for him and all the others - disqualification is the result in that case anyway. It doesn't matter how long it takes for him to finish his lap.

In both scenarios: if one doesn't take his penalty within a certain amount of time and/or laps then disqualification and removing him from the track is the normal result. That's the way it works in R3E as well as in rF2 and others that still have normal race penalties.

The math to calculate this shouldn't be voodoo - or what am i missing?

desertdbz
13-11-2015, 12:59
ust would a very stupid question, it possible of be integrated the aquaplaning in the games?

Raven403
13-11-2015, 13:05
May sound like an Ignorant question, but why wouldnt it have been just as easy to have a 5 Second penalty like the one you get for almost everything else instead of an Instant DQ?

Giovtec
13-11-2015, 13:05
Just hold your foot off the throttle before you see a green light?

You will be a sitting duck cuz that will be the slowest start ever in racing history :(

cluck
13-11-2015, 13:06
Yep can't agree more with you. It's like "there is a problem with changing tires" and then the solution would be "just don't change tires"... Pcars claims to be realistic but then we have crazy things like that xdOr just maybe the "design choice" Stepan talks about is simply a choice between "including the timed race feature with the DQ limitation" or "not including timed races at all". He has said it is beyond the scope of what is possible right now so really, there is no need for any further discussion on it. They (SMS) will now be aware that it is not popular with some people so let's leave it at that :).

RomKnight
13-11-2015, 13:17
We are already full of how the replays aren't working properly when we need them for investigations post-race...

Same everywhere it seems :\

IJerichoI
13-11-2015, 13:18
I want to add that the problem still exists that your car can roll in the grid while the starting animation cameras are still active. (happened to me yesterday during this configuration, after I restarted the session: click (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41985-Lotus-49-race-AI-pits-without-need-for-pitting&p=1169895&viewfull=1#post1169895))

Although I don't understand it either, why not saying the drive-trough-penalty in a timed race has to be done before it ends, otherwise DQ. But apparently the system behind it is not flexible enough to do this with a sensible amount of effort.

On the other hand mostly timed races are endurance ones, and therefor you have a flying start. Also in leagues there are mostly flying starts used.

M4MKey
13-11-2015, 13:21
Well yeah. Endu races trend to use rolling start. Rolling start with AI isn't working nicely ( 2nd place can accel faster than 1st in certain track for example, and thus overtake him without any possibility of defensive move ). So we're gonna use a manual start after a manual formation lap as the game is all about workarounds.

RomKnight
13-11-2015, 13:24
the flying starts were a proposal to avoid this as well where I race. lets see.

BTW, anyone feels that it would be better to delete the profile? I can't quite put my finger in it but i seem to have a load/save setup problem (which I didn't for so long...).

Only quick test yesterday so, no better input from me, sorry.

But I did noticed a difference in the Oreca, also when going off-road. Theres this sense of "rouding" the turns instead of "going on rails" when throw it to the corner on turn-in.

You could already feel the slip angles which was cool but now it feels really good as if one could feel it with the body not via ffb. Way more natural.

crowtrobot
13-11-2015, 13:25
That is by design, as there is no way to know how long the player is going to take to finish a lap. If we say 'go drive through' and the player takes all the available race time to complete only one lap, then it all breaks.
Not quite sure I understand why this mechanism would break the end of race logic. If they take the remaining time to complete only a lap, they are still N-1 laps behind the leader, and should be at the bottom, regardless of un-served penalty. You could conceivably have a 5m race on Nords or something, but I don't see how that'd be any different than how penalties on a 1 lap race would be handled there. Isn't there already logic in place for DQ'ing on un-served penalties anyway?

It sounds like the failure is probably more of an edge case than people jumping the start - it's incredibly frustrating to go through 10-20 min of Qualifying only to be immediately removed at the onset of the race, particularly since there are still bugs with the race start.

Saigneur
13-11-2015, 13:27
Lol the answer "this is normal, huh, do not false start, we wanted to like that." Seriously ? For one, it's not professional. On the other hand, if you have no correct answer to give, say nothing, or only "we will look into the problem, thank you for your report" it would be better.

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 13:28
Or just maybe the "design choice" Stepan talks about is simply a choice between "including the timed race feature with the DQ limitation" or "not including timed races at all". He has said it is beyond the scope of what is possible right now so really, there is no need for any further discussion on it. They (SMS) will now be aware that it is not popular with some people so let's leave it at that :).

Design choice or not it's not implemented well. It would of better been off to not include this and work on it more than putting it like it is now. We all want this game to succeed and do well but I will guarantee you that this game will be a ghost town unless these pesky bugs get ironed out soon.

MABlosfeld
13-11-2015, 13:32
Can you post a video or repro steps? Are you sure that the option hasn't reverted to 'off' by default or something like that?

note: Helmet movement returned to work

cluck
13-11-2015, 13:39
Design choice or not it's not implemented well. It would of better been off to not include this and work on it more than putting it like it is now. We all want this game to succeed and do well but I will guarantee you that this game will be a ghost town unless these pesky bugs get ironed out soon.True but then the thread would have been full of "why are timed races still not available" instead ;). It's not ideal, no, but if it can't be fixed then there are 2 choices. 1) completely remove it at the next patch or 2) work around the limitation it imposes.

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 13:39
You will be a sitting duck cuz that will be the slowest start ever in racing history :(
Just for my info: this seems to suggest that people are trying to win 0.1-0.2 seconds at the start in such a way that false starts are very common? I can't understand that, because if you make a false start and have to do a drive-through, your chances of winning are shot anyway so I would expect people to be very cautious of doing a false start anyhow. Yes it's not the greatest solution you could think of, but since I expect that people will try and avoid having a false start anyway, I don't see this as the huge issue that people are now making out of it?

MABlosfeld
13-11-2015, 13:41
I also have to agree the jump start DQ with the times races is too excessive. Was it not viable to just add a 2-3 second slow down penalty for the jump start? Surely that could be implemented and would be a better alternative to the DQ. The penalty would not seem excessive and still punish the jump starter enough instead of DQ'ing him for what sometimes is a simple mistake.

I also have to agree that saying "just stay off the throttle at the lights" really should not be seen as a solution to an underlying problem. It's a cop out answer and while this could work for the casual racer it's an issue for us people who are in leagues fighting for a championship. The life blood of this game is dependent on communities that set up leagues and will keep the game alive post patch support. But you guys are making it incredibly hard.

I love this game I really do. Except for iRacing pCars has the next best "complete" multiplayer experience. But with every patch my frustrations just keep growing deeper as I feel that some of these "issues" with the game can be avoided if we just knew about them before hand. I seriously think you guys need to consult with people who organize leagues because some of these design decisions just don't make sense from our perspective. I don't expect for you guys to defend your decisions either. There's no need to but I just hope you guys take a better consideration with future implementations.

drive through is a good punishment for those who jumped start

Schadows
13-11-2015, 13:47
It's unfortunate that the race by length is punishing false start that severly.
The "design" is flawed in my opinion. It should have forced a player to make a drive-through within a couple of laps before disqualification, or add a penalty to his race time if the race ended before he could serve his penalty (I don't know how does it work when a player gets a penalty for cutting the track but reach the finish line before serving it? It never happend to me so close to the end of the race).

The players are not doing false stars on purpose (generally ^^). They just try to be as quick as possible, always on the edge (the very definition of a racing driver), and sometimes make a mistake.
Asking to avoid false starting at all cost is a good workaround while waiting for a fix (was also my first though after reading M4MKey's post), but not if this is the expected behavior which will be kept as is it.

ust would a very stupid question, it possible of be integrated the aquaplaning in the games?I'm afraid it is not possible, at least for pcars 1.
The visual puddle mask is not linked to the physics, so the physic engine doesn't know where the puddles are (it only know how slippery the track is depending on the quantity of rain).

Forza has made something very interesting with this, but there is a drawback, no dynamic weather (and only one rain weather ... so no dynamic puddle size nor drying track).

Puffpirat
13-11-2015, 13:54
You guys should really join one of our races, with all the preparation beforehand, live through the endurance lobby stress, because the DS lags or host migration fails, finally race for half an hour, fight for the lead, just to get robbed by the game because your car gets stuck in pit limiter mode after a pitstop, see your chances of a good race fade, feel the frustration.

But also feel our enthusiasm. We love this game, the driving experience is sensational! But you really make it hard to love this game, with how flawed the online experience is for serious competitive racing. Your like a hot chick with a cruel heart. Teasing us with great riding, just to flip us off and not let us finish the job.

Seriously please consider consulting a few of the league admins. Why implement a feature like timed races if it's not finished or let's say limited in it's capabilities and won't be used anyway until it's fixed. That's just waisting resources.

Sincerely, your lover, and sometimes hater :)

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 13:56
Just for my info: this seems to suggest that people are trying to win 0.1-0.2 seconds at the start in such a way that false starts are very common? I can't understand that, because if you make a false start and have to do a drive-through, your chances of winning are shot anyway so I would expect people to be very cautious of doing a false start anyhow. Yes it's not the greatest solution you could think of, but since I expect that people will try and avoid having a false start anyway, I don't see this as the huge issue that people are now making out of it?

Except that's flawed because if it was an endurance race which that's what these timed races would be used for someone that is quick can easily reduce the deficit to get back into the action and heck possible even win the race. You need to think from the perspective from a competitive person who's in a league. This thing for casual lobbies doesn't matter because they can just quit and find something else. While people in leagues heavily invest more time into the game. So DQ'ing for something so stupid doesn't cut it out for us.

optimalspieler
13-11-2015, 14:00
Just for my info: this seems to suggest that people are trying to win 0.1-0.2 seconds at the start in such a way that false starts are very common?

I'm using manual clutch and if the main straight is not exactly level my car sometimes rolls a little when I forget to press the brake pedal.
Had two penalties for this in the past, so a DQ could happen even without bad intention.

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 14:05
Except that's flawed because if it was an endurance race which that's what these timed races would be used for someone that is quick can easily reduce the deficit to get back into the action and heck possible even win the race.
But then winning 0.2 seconds at the start with a big risk of losing 15 seconds because of a drive-through penalty makes even less sense? Why risk having to win back 15 seconds when you can play safe and only having to win back less than a second?

Again, not saying that there cannot be a better solution, just argumenting that I cannot see the logic in people being so upset.

TrevorAustin
13-11-2015, 14:12

Everything is a huge issue if it isn't how every single individual wants it to work exactly the way they want it, surely you've realised that by now:)

Olegg
13-11-2015, 14:13
After this update when i close the game, i think Superfetch (windows program) starts working like crazy 1-2 min. Is this normal? win 8.1 64

Mahjik
13-11-2015, 14:17

^^^^^

Saigneur
13-11-2015, 14:18
Yes but why end the race of someone who can make a mistake at the start ? Because it is not necessarily intentional taking a jump start. At least the drivethrough can continue the race and finish it.

Flihp
13-11-2015, 14:23
But then winning 0.2 seconds at the start with a big risk of losing 15 seconds because of a drive-through penalty makes even less sense? Why risk having to win back 15 seconds when you can play safe and only having to win back less than a second?.

Tell that to Rosberg and Hamilton and prepare for their answer. :p. Mind you ,they probably wouldn't risk it if it was instant DQ

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 14:26
Tell that to Rosberg and Hamilton and prepare for their answer. :p. Mind you ,they probably wouldn't risk it if it was instant DQ
Hold on, we were specifically talking about endurance racing :)

Umer Ahmad
13-11-2015, 14:41
drive through is a good punishment for those who jumped start

That will not work for a 1lap race at Nords.

You guys gotta think about extreme scenarios when suggesting ideas.

Best/easiest alrernative i've seen so far is the 5-sec slowdown, since that penalty already exists in the game.

cluck
13-11-2015, 14:47

Best/easiest alrernative i've seen so far is the 5-sec slowdown, since that penalty already exists in the game.How's this for a solution... ghost the jump start driver until they are in last place :). Give them, say, 30 seconds to take up that position or get a DQ.

RomKnight
13-11-2015, 14:51

Best/easiest alrernative i've seen so far is the 5-sec slowdown, since that penalty already exists in the game.

Funny, it is one of those things that should never even be in a race game (unless given the option to not use it which pCARS don't)

NoBrakes
13-11-2015, 14:52

as I suggested here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41957-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-6-0-Release-Notes&p=1170103&viewfull=1#post1170103) for 1-lap "Hotlap" Races, if Nords or other, a DQ or time penalty (automatic slow down is the worst penalty to have in a race because it could have significant side effects on other drivers, too - I'll never get,how serious sim racing titles even could think about something like that) added to the race result would be the best choice, IMHO.

And I still don't get, why this seems ways too complicated to add this real world penalty system into pCARS at all

Sankyo
13-11-2015, 14:54

A car getting a sudden forced slow-down during race start will result in carnage IMO. How about a 15-20 sec time penalty at the end? Bad thing about that is that it won't affect the driver's position during the race as a drive-through would, which might lead to an advantage.

MABlosfeld
13-11-2015, 15:02
A car getting a sudden forced slow-down during race start will result in carnage IMO. How about a 15-20 sec time penalty at the end? Bad thing about that is that it won't affect the driver's position during the race as a drive-through would, which might lead to an advantage.

Suggested for those who jumped start
remove car from track is to start the box

Sampo
13-11-2015, 15:19
Why not just add (1+jump time) seconds of slow down. That will cut the advantage and won't cause so much carnage hopefully. Might be getting too complicated though. :)

cluck
13-11-2015, 15:25
Why not just add (1+jump time) seconds of slow down. That will cut the advantage and won't cause so much carnage hopefully. Might be getting too complicated though. :)Race starts can be carnage at the best of times, slowing anybody down on the grid is just asking for trouble. Hence why I wonder if it is possible to ghost them with a warning that they need to take up last place within a certain time frame or get DQ. That way they don't actually interfere with the start of the race and there's no need to serve a drive-through. It may not be possible to implement but it strikes me as the best way of getting that person out of harm's way and forcing them to take up last place, which they'd be in if they served a drive-through anyway :).

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 15:35
Why can't we do both? Give them a 5 sec penalty AND ghost their car. The person could then move his car away from the start/racing line. This could work more for the leagues than casual racers though.

cluck
13-11-2015, 15:38
Why can't we do both? Give them a 5 sec penalty AND ghost their car. The person could then move his car away from the start/racing line. This could work more for the leagues than casual racers though.That's the thing, they've got to cater for everybody, league races and the more casual type of race :).

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 15:42
That's the thing, they've got to cater for everybody, league races and the more casual type of race :).

They could be extra nice and include a set of options to make it happen ;) Wishful thinking at least....

Umer Ahmad
13-11-2015, 15:44
I prefer your solution but it is more costly as the game currently does not have this "add time to the end" logic. (Correct me if i'm wrong, havent played in a while tbh)

It's much easier & preferable to re-use existing code/logic, this is for all of us (players+SMS). i believe the 5-sec engine cut + ghost is the optimal (hint:cheapest) solution which adequatelty penalizes the jump-starter without the fatal insta-DQ of the current implementation.

cluck
13-11-2015, 15:50
5 seconds isn't enough if you have a large grid and the jump-start being quite early. Needs to be at least 15 seconds IMHO.

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 16:02
5 seconds isn't enough if you have a large grid and the jump-start being quite early. Needs to be at least 15 seconds IMHO.

Depends on the severity. It would be nice if the game could actually measure the distance of the jump start and asses the penalty from there. Sometimes people may lunge forward on accident and not actually take off but sill have the penalty. Something like that can be 5s penalty. Now if Billy Bob decided to leave on the second light then put in a more harsher penalty.

cluck
13-11-2015, 16:06
Depends on the severity. It would be nice if the game could actually measure the distance of the jump start and asses the penalty from there. Sometimes people may lunge forward on accident and not actually take off but sill have the penalty. Something like that can be 5s penalty. Now if Billy Bob decided to leave on the second light then put in a more harsher penalty.Yes, but a jump start (no matter how small) in a 'lap' race means a drive-through, which is what we're trying to find a substitute for here. 5 seconds really isn't enough to serve as a similar deterrent :).

Fong74
13-11-2015, 16:11
Good patch! Thanks SMS for the continued support. Im looking very much forward to the DLCs (classic Lotus and Renault stuff) also :cool:

Timed races/Fals start discusion (which I feel is very important as we also would like to use that option in our leagues):
If adding time at the end of the race (and showing that permanently to the affected driver on the edge of the screen) is not an option for whatever reasons, the slowdown/ghost car option for at least 10 seconds (should be enough for all validly started drivers to pass) would ba a good work-around solution for the time being imho.

Just curious:
Why cant we configure timed races in lets say 10 minutes resolution throughout the available 24h? This setting is done once for a quite long time as it would affect races longer than 60 minutes. So if the slider had even no acceleration logic in it, it still would be ok for those who want to set such endurance races imo. Is there any technical limitation to doing this?

RomKnight
13-11-2015, 16:12
If you could serve those 5s where it would be SAFE... (like AC) the slowdown in pCARS is a mess and causes more trouble than not.

Imagine at the start where a car that starts faster suddenly slows down.

I HATE this slowdown thing PERIOD. It is not a solution for anything if you ask me.

Gopher04
13-11-2015, 16:12
It would be nice if the game could actually measure the distance of the jump start and asses the penalty from there

Yeh that isn't going to happen, look at some of the track penalties, you run slightly wide sometimes and get a 25sec penalty..

As for having ghost and penalties for jump starts for me is not the road to go down, it would be far easier to have a blocker so no car can move until the green is lit.

I can understand it it in SP I guess, but for MP we need a option to turn of the penalty system but keep the flags, the penalty system is not worth the paper it's written on in MP it just causes frustration/anger and carnage sometimes.

Pamellaaa
13-11-2015, 16:15
As others have said the instant DQ does seem to be based on flawed logic, with organised races people may have spent many hours practicing (I know myself and many others do for our races) and its not uncommon in the heat of the moment of a start for you to forget to hold the brake on a hill and start to roll, when this leads to a drive through its far from ideal but an instant DQ is massively too harsh a punishment for a momentary lack of judgement/dexterity/awareness/whatever.

For me a drivethrough would be fine, surely any car completing a race with a penalty un-served gets DQd anyway, so why not just give a drivethrough. This will mean that in a really weird circumstance (like a timed race with a time short enough to allow less than 1 lap although I am not quite sure why you would set this up rather than just choosing 1 lap) we have the same scenario we have now except that drivers who are getting DQd at least get to enjoy the race. In all other circumstances you have a fair penalty for someone jumping a start and no-one gets their race ruined. I may be missing a reason why this can't work, but it would seem logical to me.

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 16:23
Gopher we do need to separate flags and penalties that is for sure. As we ourselves can asses the penalties at the start and what not. Whether SMS considers a option like this is up to them but it would no doubt help us immensely as the current way is flawed.

Pam they did mention a few pages back that it was some sort of limitation. While the ghosting/time penalty isn't perfect it's far better than a straight DQ honestly.

Pamellaaa
13-11-2015, 16:27
Pam they did mention a few pages back that it was some sort of limitation. While the ghosting/time penalty isn't perfect it's far better than a straight DQ honestly.

I thought the limitations were related to forcing people to do a drivethrough within a certain time frame of the start, why not just abandon that and say that if you haven't taken it by the end you get DQ?

RomKnight
13-11-2015, 16:30
As final entry here because this is getting frustrating for me again, I recall Al Pacino's speech in Devil's Advocate about opposite God rulz.

Seriously. Having al this beautiful 24/day cycle, timed races, and then... rendered useless because the basic driver swap, proper rules enforcement, worse ideia ever in sim racing (read slowdown time penalties on the act), no working replays, no proper multiclass and STILL no proper way to maintain a league without having too much trouble and constant updates that only a handful are willing to maintain (huge appreciation to them again, BTW), and no JIP at least during races...

By the time it'll be hopefully useful for races with more than 2h (and many would argue about the save game function even if for 2h) Even I' won't be playing it anymore.

Rather test pC2 then.

Puffpirat
13-11-2015, 16:32
yeah that should be fairly easy. Normal case 3 laps to do the drive through, if race shorter than 3 laps or x minutes DQ if penalty not served before the end of the race.

So you have to take the drive through before the end of the race and at max 3 laps after you got the penalty. Else you get DQed

Gopher04
13-11-2015, 16:33
While the ghosting/time penalty isn't perfect it's far better than a straight DQ honestly.

Im guessing you are still on about jump starts, if so why would you get a straight DQ, and if you put a timed penalty on a jump start, then as Cluck said, even with 32 on the grid it would be along penalty, then if we even see 64 grid (holding breath) how long is that going to last, if there is a limitation on what they can do, just throw it away..

erickgoldner
13-11-2015, 16:34

Does this explanation works the same for the force mandatory pit stop option not available when timed race is selected?

If so, maybe it could check to be available only for races with 30 minutes or more?

N0body Of The Goat
13-11-2015, 16:34
Throwing this idea out there...

Minimum timed race length is 5 minutes?

Besides Nordschleife, how many other tracks would a 5 minute race mean a single lap race?

Solution: Nordschleife (and any others listed from above answer) are excluded from the choice of tracks with 5 or 10 minute timed races, for everywhere else the jump starter gets a drive through (because they will have to complete at least two laps and should pit towards end of lap 1)? ;)

Pamellaaa
13-11-2015, 16:39
Throwing this idea out there...

Minimum timed race length is 5 minutes?

Besides Nordschleife, how many other tracks would a 5 minute race mean a single lap race?

Solution: Nordschleife (and any others listed from above answer) are excluded from the choice of tracks with 5 or 10 minute timed races, for everywhere else the jump starter gets a drive through (because they will have to complete at least two laps and should pit towards end of lap 1)? ;)

Doesn't work because you would have to account for the slowest car and the slowest driver and its impossible to know which drive is going to be slowest.

if the issue is this:

Surely it would make sense for it not to all break if a race ends when a car has an unserved penalty and for that car to just be DQd instead. I assume there is already some form of logic in the game for handling a 1 lap race where a car gets a drive through so why can't this apply here?

N0body Of The Goat
13-11-2015, 16:44
In a 1 lap race, jump starting is also currently instant disqualification.

Another possible solution is to change the penalties logic: Penalty must be served within 3 laps, but if race ends before 3 laps are completed, "x" (30 seconds?) of time is added to final race time and might well change final position of jump starter.

t0daY
13-11-2015, 16:47
The only thing which I am reading all the time is "limitations" "limitations" "limitations"...
If I have the limitation to just DQ people if they are doing are jump start I would rather cancel the idea of timed races than let this stay in the game... Especially on league races where you prepare so many hours for one single race and then get instant DQ is too harsh. It's not right. It's rubbish... (of course jump starts needs to be penalized but definitely not with a DQ...)
I heard limitations in the proper triple screen support, I hear now limitations on the starting procedure and there is supposed to be no other way to just DQ people.
Even simple things like the end result screen after each race is not showing to 100% the right results.
Always "limitations"... ATM it rlly feels like we are testing only for Pcars2...

Pamellaaa
13-11-2015, 16:48
In a 1 lap race, jump starting is also currently instant disqualification.

Another possible solution is to change the penalties logic: Penalty must be served within 3 laps, but if race ends before 3 laps are completed, "x" (30 seconds?) of time is added to final race time and might well change final position of jump starter.

Didn't know that, what happens in a 2 lap race where you would get 3 laps to take your penalty?

Just a DQ if penalty not served by the end would be easier you would assume and would solve all of this.

MABlosfeld
13-11-2015, 16:50
jump start:
- Driver turn ghost and stand still
downtime:
- Start timer + 1 sec punishment

edit: disappeared view helmet on FORD CAPRI, can anyone confirm if it is purposeful or bug

Giovtec
13-11-2015, 17:01
Or in the mean time all this Penalties and stuff gets figure it out, why don't we try this as for now.

falcon2081
13-11-2015, 17:03
They have the space to do it in the UI that's for sure.

cluck
13-11-2015, 17:03
I posted this earlier, but it seems to disappeared :confused:, as we are talking about Patch 6.0, Congrats on the update, however I see the load/save setup is still not present. As its a "known issue", I guess I look forward to patch 7.0 in hopeIt has disappeared for the same reason that this post will also disappear.

As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.:)

crowtrobot
13-11-2015, 18:12
They have the space to do it in the UI that's for sure.
No room for interactive things in the UI, they need 50% of the screen real-estate to display a static picture of a car (but not the one you selected).

Lukas Macedo
13-11-2015, 18:22
I am wondering if anyone already made a youtube video showing patch 6? There is one from MotoGamesTV (a perf. test), but it really shows more bugs than features.

EliteK29
13-11-2015, 18:53
Besides this... Is there any other issues that was made with this patch or is everything else is good?

Joeri Blootacker
13-11-2015, 18:54
i'm so happy with SMS, the continued support and updating of our baby is nothing more than superb.

nice patch with a whole array of updates and new features.

RomKnight
13-11-2015, 19:13
The toggle only works if you've set the option to allow the tags in the first place.

sometimes they do flash on one opponent only. just tested on a 2 week replay.

Vittorio Rapa
13-11-2015, 19:18
I am wondering if anyone already made a youtube video showing patch 6? There is one from MotoGamesTV (a perf. test), but it really shows more bugs than features.

They used a old replay on the new version, that is causing those issues. Those bugs (because they still bugs, even if they are related to the old replay) won't affect the actual racing, they are due to the saved game. Sadly it's not specified in the video.

Sheeeeeep
13-11-2015, 20:11
Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.

Thanks for this great update, but i got a great problem with the tire heat. I can´t drive a GT3-Vehicle over 2-3rounds without getting Degrees over 110°C on Watkins Glen. I tested pressure from 1,7bar to 2,2bar - nearly the same degree. Same at other Tracks with different Setups. That´s unplayable!

KANETAKER
13-11-2015, 20:34
Thanks for this great update, but i got a great problem with the tire heat. I can´t drive a GT3-Vehicle over 2-3rounds without getting Degrees over 110°C on Watkins Glen. I tested pressure from 1,7bar to 2,2bar - nearly the same degree. Same at other Tracks with different Setups. That´s unplayable!

I have a problem related to the change of feeling in the tire that has affected me a lot in the LeMans circuit to drive the RWD P30. It seems that the LMP1 now has less traction out of some corners and is more unstable bend, braking and try to take certain curves (the Indianapolis curve, 1st chicane before the Dunlop bridge, or the fast curve entering the Tertre Rouge before the 3 long straights), so in general I have lost about 1 second per lap compared to my best time in LeMans with RWD P30 before Update 6.0.

Until the Update 5.0 I could get 3:19.2 in LeMans with the RWD P30, but now (after the Update 6.0) it is very difficult (for me) to achieve 3:20 - 3:21.... Why did these changes without verifying that adversely affect the performance and speed of the car? Is it a "nerf" directed at faster cars and players? who generally we focus more on speed and power of the car, rather than the ability to deal with an uncontrollable car (which means having to run slower).

desertdbz
13-11-2015, 20:50
Schadows : this damage its would return the games even more realistic ^^
for forza the idea is good but the realization clearly less these same limit of large anything the aquaplaning in games ^^

Strattos
13-11-2015, 21:05
Anyone else had issues with getting tyres up to temp in the Radical SR3 since Patch 6.0?

Myself and a few others have had issues trying to get the tyres into the green and then keep them there. Wasn't an issue before the patch.

Slowsley
13-11-2015, 21:35
Moaning about taking out timed races because YOU don't like the implementation sure is UNselfish of you. In case you didn't realize, your lap option is still available. Meanwhile, I'm gearing up for the Dubai 24 in January, so mind your own business and leave my features that I'm thrilled to have alone 'cause I ain't giving them up.

Puffpirat
13-11-2015, 21:38
Oh and calling it your feature isn't selfish at all ;) no one wants to give anything up, that's why we are still here. We only made suggestions to make the feature better.

Slowsley
13-11-2015, 21:57
If it's in my version of the game, it's mine. I bought it.

Call it capitalism, call it selfish...most of the world can't differentiate between the two anymore anyway.

Umer Ahmad
13-11-2015, 21:58
Lets move on now please

Slowsley
13-11-2015, 22:04
Lets move on now please

Yes but I did want to say something for those of us that are very happy with this patch, whatever infancy state race time is currently in...its been a few pages.

bmanic
13-11-2015, 22:20
Anyone else had issues with getting tyres up to temp in the Radical SR3 since Patch 6.0?

Myself and a few others have had issues trying to get the tyres into the green and then keep them there. Wasn't an issue before the patch.

Have you tried lowering the tire pressures?

Neil Bateman
13-11-2015, 22:42

He wasn't asking how to get the tyres up to and to keep temps, i'm sure he knows the answer to that, he was asking if anyone had experienced it after installing patch 6.0 since it wasn't an issue before.

OPPYLOCK333
13-11-2015, 23:41
Issue appears to be across all similar cars, not just the SR3.
We were just about to start a series in our league with these cars, and even with tyre pressures at minimum we are not able to get above 80 degrees on a 43 degree clear day at Zuhai International (Was struggling to keep them above 70 actually). Pre update with the same setup, tyres were at optimal temp after 2.5 laps, and held around the 100 degree mark.
I've tried across other tracks, and not matter what I do I can't keep temp in the tyres. I've tried raising (Yes I know that is not normally what you do) pressures, suspension settings and I'm still unable to get temps up.
I even put a set of wets on, and even those took 3 laps to get to an operable temp on a dry track!!!!!

I love all the updates SMS, just this one change is frustrating me!!!
Is it something I'm missing in my setups that doesn't work with the updated tyre model, or is it an error with the new tyre model?

Schmiggz
13-11-2015, 23:51
HOST KICK FUNCTION... YAAAAAAYE! Thank you, thank you, thank you SMS. Everything else is also good :o

satco1066
14-11-2015, 00:03
German translation issue.
Since patch4 you use the same wrong german translation for "custom" in FFB calibration.

please use "benutzerdefiniert" instead of "Brauch".
This cannot last months. I'm shure it's just a small edit in a definition file, XML or something else.

mapflores
14-11-2015, 00:59
Issue appears to be across all similar cars, not just the SR3.
We were just about to start a series in our league with these cars, and even with tyre pressures at minimum we are not able to get above 80 degrees on a 43 degree clear day at Zuhai International (Was struggling to keep them above 70 actually). Pre update with the same setup, tyres were at optimal temp after 2.5 laps, and held around the 100 degree mark.
I've tried across other tracks, and not matter what I do I can't keep temp in the tyres. I've tried raising (Yes I know that is not normally what you do) pressures, suspension settings and I'm still unable to get temps up.
I even put a set of wets on, and even those took 3 laps to get to an operable temp on a dry track!!!!!

I love all the updates SMS, just this one change is frustrating me!!!
Is it something I'm missing in my setups that doesn't work with the updated tyre model, or is it an error with the new tyre model?

I'm having a similar problem. At some tracks, some tires are reaching very higher temperatures for the same setup before patch 6.0. In some cases, nothing that i do take temperature down (tire pressure, camber, dampers, springs, antiroll bars, impact level...). Nothing. And it is affecting lap times for worst, of course. Since the patch, i'm so far away to my personal records in those tracks. Like OPPYLOCK333, I'm very frustrated. :grumpy:

Sorry for bad english.

forhaud
14-11-2015, 01:10
Something has changed in the physics of the cars as they are in the air, in the middle of a jump ( in azure coast ) . Now it feels better sense of gravity.
They have also enhancing the feeling with the steering wheel, and the reactions of the wheels.
That good patch !

mapflores
14-11-2015, 01:33
I'm having a similar problem. At some tracks, some tires are reaching very higher temperatures for the same setup before patch 6.0. In some cases, nothing that i do take temperature down (tire pressure, camber, dampers, springs, antiroll bars, impact level...). Nothing. And it is affecting lap times for worst, of course. Since the patch, i'm so far away to my personal records in those tracks. Like OPPYLOCK333, I'm very frustrated. :grumpy:

Sorry for bad english.

GT3

pigsy
14-11-2015, 08:59
Historic Career. The Mustang 2+2 AI brake temperatures at Brands Hatch are reading 1300 degrees + and are glowing red hot. The AI Merc 6.3 on the other hand (heavier car) are showing temps in normal range. Thankfully the player car doesn't show the same temperatures. Not a game breaker but thought I'd mention it as it looks really odd.

Mascot
14-11-2015, 09:32
I agree, but also during development there are priorities :)

That's a ridiculous defence, Remco (if you are indeed being serious). Displaying a track map on the track selection screen is an obvious and fundamental component in providing a seamless, intuitive, informative and logical racing game UI. It should be front and centre in the UI designer's thoughts from the earliest stages of development. To claim it wasn't a priority during development harms your credibility I'm afraid, and rather begs the question: just what were the priorities for the UI designer? Ease of use, speed of execution and logical flow were obviously way, way down the list.

NoBrakes
14-11-2015, 11:19
Is it just a matter of driving style or did something fundamentally change the cars behaviour. I did only some tests with the LMP1 class @ LeMans, with the Ruf RT12R @ Barcelona and with the Rocket Bunny @ Nords and the cars seem to be far more twitchy with default setups. Even riding straight along the RB e.g. tries to sway around with its back as if I am riding on ice. Also I can't get any significant temperature into the tyres - they just don't heat up the way they did before patch 6. Must the default setups be changed to get a "normal" behaviour back?

Edit: Did now some rounds in the Z4GT3 and this one seems to not be affected so much by this behaviour. Even if I have to struggle to get the tyres above 80°C the driving seems much less twitchy then e.g. in the GT4 class cars...

MrTulip
14-11-2015, 11:22
Historic Career. The Mustang 2+2 AI brake temperatures at Brands Hatch are reading 1300 degrees + and are glowing red hot. The AI Merc 6.3 on the other hand (heavier car) are showing temps in normal range. Thankfully the player car doesn't show the same temperatures. Not a game breaker but thought I'd mention it as it looks really odd.

I can confirm this too. I've seen this plenty of times in single races (noticed that in patch 5.0 too). If you do a lot of looking around in races there is almost always at least one Mustang 2+2 with red hot front wheel brakes. Usually couple of laps from the start. When it starts, they keep glowing on straights too. Didn't know if it is just graphical bug or physics too, but considering that you don't see them immediately in the start of the race, it can be AI physics issue with that car.

fresquito
14-11-2015, 12:07
One sometimes has to wonder what's in the minds of SMS when they include some features in the way they do.

You finally include names in replays, yet the name for the car you're seeing the replay for is not shown. So, if I want to see the race from racer C perspective, I need to look for racers around him to find him? Don't sound too intuitive. I would suggest opening your mind a bit for what uses people give to some things before setting them in stone.

optimalspieler
14-11-2015, 13:08
You finally include names in replays, yet the name for the car you're seeing the replay for is not shown. So, if I want to see the race from racer C perspective, I need to look for racers around him to find him? Don't sound too intuitive. I would suggest opening your mind a bit for what uses people give to some things before setting them in stone.

It's certainly not perfect but I'd rather have the current implementation than no names at all. At least you can finally identify drivers using a replay file.

F1Aussie
14-11-2015, 13:18
Had a game tonight at nurburgring GP, Mercedes clk lm, real weather, 6am start, 45 minute timed race and the time never progressed it stayed dark for the entire race, I had 10 x time and weather progression. Anyone else had issues similar?

fresquito
14-11-2015, 13:29
Had a game tonight at nurburgring GP, Mercedes clk lm, real weather, 6am start, 45 minute timed race and the time never progressed it stayed dark for the entire race, I had 10 x time and weather progression. Anyone else had issues similar?
Same here. Real Weather, 5x, no progression.

F1Aussie
14-11-2015, 13:37
Same here. Real Weather, 5x, no progression.

My weather progressed but not time.

Roger Prynne
14-11-2015, 14:31
Anyone found a way to turn on/off names in replays?

Answer's on a post card.

Sankyo
14-11-2015, 14:37
Anyone found a way to turn on/off names in replays?

Answer's on a post card.

Same button as turning names on/off when driving?

Neil Bateman
14-11-2015, 14:52
6 patches in and I think i'll still be sticking to single races with real time and fixed weather, tyre wear off, and no pit stops, this way i always have a chance of completing races where only my own driving can mess my race up and not the game messing it up for me.

I'm sure one day everything will work ok.

Roger Prynne
14-11-2015, 14:55
Same button as turning names on/off when driving?

Na... tried all sorts.... only way is to use the Gameplay menu options at the mo.

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 15:29
It's not in the patch notes but seems like the Bentley gt3 has new liveries and new headlight color consistent with GTLM.

fresquito
14-11-2015, 16:53
My weather progressed but not time.
I meant no time progression. I can't be sure about weather, as it was clear.

Jens Schmitt
14-11-2015, 17:02
The Oreca LMP2 did not show any helmet in cockpit view

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 17:04
The Oreca LMP2 did not show any helmet in cockpit view

Cockpit view shouldn't show helmet.

t0daY
14-11-2015, 17:12
I meant no time progression. I can't be sure about weather, as it was clear.

I tried it out in SP. Start time 12:00 at Nürburgring GP, Time Progression 60x, laptimes around 1:50:xxx...
Beginning of lap 5 it went darker and darker. Begin of lap 6 it was completly night. Seems to working right in SP.
Anybody tested it in MP so far?

Nada
14-11-2015, 17:44
GUI & HUD
* Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.

Thank you

cluck
14-11-2015, 17:45
I tried it out in SP. Start time 12:00 at Nürburgring GP, Time Progression 60x, laptimes around 1:50:xxx...
Beginning of lap 5 it went darker and darker. Begin of lap 6 it was completly night. Seems to working right in SP.
Anybody tested it in MP so far?Yep, definitely working in FP and QRW for me :yes:.

fresquito
14-11-2015, 17:46
Anybody tested it in MP so far?
Yeah, sorry, I'm slow today. this session I'm talking about was MP, Donington National. 21h.

cluck
14-11-2015, 17:53
Just tried it at Sakitto and the time progressed as expected. I'll try Donington now with various time accelerations :).

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 17:53
As I said, you have to set a time progression to have sync to race weather progression :D

Scott Coffey
14-11-2015, 18:14

For some reason Watkins heats up tires more than any track.

But yeah, I had to raise my tire pressures to avoid overcooking them. It seems that even a minor variation from the "setup default" causes quite a bit of heating. What's odd is, if a tire has (for example) 2.10 front and 2.05 rear, lowering the front tire pressure to 2.05 (to match the rears) causes them to heat quite a bit more. If that's too low a pressure for the front, why isn't it too low for the rear?

cluck
14-11-2015, 18:16
Well, during practice the time progressed as normal and likewise in the race itself :) . Tried Donington National, 9pm start, 60x time progression. It gradually got darker and I saw the moon moving through the sky as expected.

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 18:20
Well, during practice the time progressed as normal and likewise in the race itself :) . Tried Donington National, 9pm start, 60x time progression. It gradually got darker and I saw the moon moving through the sky as expected.

Exactly as it should be. My sugestion for the devs is rename the Sync to Race option to Sync to Time Progression

cluck
14-11-2015, 19:04
Well, this is a GIF showing 18 minutes of 10x time progression, sync to race weather, starting at 06:00 - each frame is taken 1 minute after the previous one.

EDIT : Now tried the same but with a race set by "time" rather than "by laps" and it progresses as expected aswell. I can't replicate the problem myself, sorry.

the following anim is 60x time accel, again starting at 06:00, with the race length set to 20 minutes, rather than 5 laps and each frame taken approx. 30 seconds apart (~30 minutes realtime)

To re-iterate, these are both multiplayer sessions, not single-player.