PDA

View Full Version : Lack of attention to detail (seriously!)

FerrariStuWon
12-11-2015, 23:16
Flying 'round Oulton Park at breakneck speed (well...sprainneck speed at the very least) earlier today in a Ginetta Junior, imagine my shock as I thwacked the tyre wall (with only myself to blame) to be faced with the following sight...

...and No, I'm not talking about the picture quality... this is a pic of my screen at the time... taken with my phone...

As I came to a dead stop, having been pushing at least 70mph before I over-egged it and hit the tyre wall, I couldn't help noticing an obvious faux pas and glaring omission by the game developers.

As I sat there, not moving and the race lost to me, taking time (as you do in Project Cars) to look at my beautiful surroundings now I was out of the race, I was enjoying the glare of the sun and its radiant, crepuscular rays casting a shadow across the wee daisies that I so carelessly failed to annihilate on my way to the aforementioned tyre wall, when I thought... 'Hang on...'

...those tyres look waaaay too unauthentic!

Yes, they are beautifully rendered, way beyond the detail of all other modern racing sims... but WHERE THE HELL DO THEY GET THESE TYRES FROM?

I mean, who chucks out a tyre with THAT MUCH TREAD STILL LEFT ON IT?

I wish to complain :D

(Obviously, I don't. I love the game. It's wonderful.)

Tim Mann
13-11-2015, 11:14
The tyres have a 'must be fitted by date'. If you manage to get the camera in such a position that you can just see under the rim of the tyre you'll clearly be able to see this date and indeed confirm that they are expired.

cluck
13-11-2015, 11:20
The tyres have a 'must be fitted by date'. If you manage to get the camera in such a position that you can just see under the rim of the tyre you'll clearly be able to see this date and indeed confirm that they are expired.Now that is what I call "attention to detail" :D.

I have to say, I was slightly apprehensive when I read the thread title last night but soon twigged that the thread wasn't heading where most might have been expecting it to. Well played OP :yes:.