PDA

View Full Version : Credit where it's due

Bigsteviet
13-11-2015, 19:51
Fair play, SMS - your depiction of racetrack car racing is head and shoulders above F6 and GT!

I bailed on PCars when F6 came out - I guess like a lot of folk - and didn't look back. Sure, it's more arcade, but hella fun - and I've not had one single problem since release. No reinstalls, no freezes, no glitches, just solidly entertaining racing action! Something I'd been sorely missing with PCars.

But I've 'finished' the career (tho I do have lots I can redo in different classes) and had some time on my hands this week, so I thought I'd check in on PCars and see where it's at.

And I remembered just how thrilling the actual racing is! Just a fantastic sense of speed, grip and traction, and wheel-to-wheel action that's missing in F6. (With my TX 458). The tracks feel more alive and I learn more about them in PCars than in any console game I can remember.

When PCars gets it right, it gets it so right that the problems really hurt. If I was reviewing this game, it would simultaneously get a 90% and 20%. Coming back to it, tThe game seemed to update OK, but in my single session, I had to twiddle with settings to get it playable again and my liveries pack keeps stalling installation (when I thought it was already installed!?!?) and now tells me this fact EVERY TIME I TURN MY XB1 ON! There's no getting away from the game's problems even when you'd not engaging with the game! How's that for negative brand enforcement? I gather the forum has continued to simmer with unrest while I've been away? With so many flaws, I can't take the career seriously, but individual races are fantastic!

It seems things haven've changed that much...

So yeah, PCars is brilliant! Really; brilliant! And yet not.

For PCars 2, may I suggest spending 20% of resources on innovation and 80% on just making a stable game? I know that's a lot less exciting for you guys as devs, but I'd guess you'd make a lot of people happy. PLEASE stop overreaching and just deliver ONE good game that delivers on your potential! I know you can do it; I just wonder whether you ever will.

I imagine I'll get flamed for posting this (and maybe some solidarity too), but I'm just checking in after some time out. The fact I'm still here means the game's doing something right...

Yours sincerely,

Me

PFalcon
13-11-2015, 19:58
Not flaming you but just curious... What are the issues (other than the re-installing liveries that I have never experienced) that keep you from enjoying Project Cars? I am not arguing with your premise that the Devs should spend more resources on stability and less on added content. To be honest, if Project Cars 2 was nothing more than a (virtually) bug free Project Cars with oval racing and custom races/championships, I would buy it in a heartbeat and be more than satisfied.

Haiden
16-11-2015, 21:55
Not flaming you but just curious... What are the issues (other than the re-installing liveries that I have never experienced) that keep you from enjoying Project Cars? I am not arguing with your premise that the Devs should spend more resources on stability and less on added content. To be honest, if Project Cars 2 was nothing more than a (virtually) bug free Project Cars with oval racing and custom races/championships, I would buy it in a heartbeat and be more than satisfied.

I'm also curious. Personally, I haven't come across a bug bad enough to make me switch to F6. I sometimes switch to F1 2015 for a few days, but only because it captures the overall feel of F1 better than any other racer. But for sim-style racing, the other titles are just too far behind PCars.

Dynomight Motorsports
17-11-2015, 15:21
I think he has a point.. I love driving this game way more than FM6 the physics and wheel feel just blow everything else out of the water. But with that said I use this game primarily only online in League racing, and it's so frustrating to deal with issues
- the like sound glitch (Console issue probably)
-game chat (which may have been fixed with 6.0)
-Loss of FFB entering a Race Session with no warning
-Screen freezing and crashing me in a League race
-Being disconnected and sent back to Race Central during a League race. (doesn't happen often but never in practice always while doing a league race)
I know some of those issues may be related more towards Xbox Live, but this is the ONLY game I have connections issues with, and it really sucks when it only happens to YOU after spending an extra $50/mo to get the best Internet available. I'm not going to stop playing because FM6 just doesn't compare, but I sympathize with his frustrations. I applaud SMS for sticking with it though and working out most of the bugs.