PDA

View Full Version : Even worse after the new dash

wOoDsTeR16
15-11-2015, 03:27
If you remember I posted about my game crashing as soon as the sound glitch kicked in a few weeks ago but following a few steps as advised on here got rid of that problem for me. Well the first say the new Dash came out I didn't have any problems at all but since then its happening pretty much every race I try to enter both on and off line. But now its not the sound glitch that seems to start it, there is no warning signs. First video is off line and it freezes the game up and the 2nd video is on line and it crashes it back to race central

OFF LINE - https://youtu.be/T0zpTNCCU3Y

ON LINE - https://youtu.be/DikgIRLQaKo

Something really needs sorting with this problem, its making it un-playable for me now

STEELJOCKEY
15-11-2015, 03:34
I had the same screen freezing issue yesterday, in the Ginetta GT4 at Zolder.

First time I have seen it since the NXOE since I updated back in the beginning of October. Latest update 4 days ago, and first time I have played since then, so may be something with the latest update?

Otherwise I have had a good run on the new OS

Fractured Life
15-11-2015, 05:54
Have had a good run myself, also running the new dash for a few weeks. Only issue this week was our league race was abandoned as the host invites weren't getting through to anyone, no notifications were coming through for anyone. But that was the day of the launch for new dash so xbl probably took a hammering.

Hope you get it sorted.

wOoDsTeR16
15-11-2015, 06:42
I don't get it. The day the new dash came out everything was running as smooth as a baby's backside but now its pretty much every race!

Pcars Driver 44
15-11-2015, 09:34
Don't have a clue what causes it because it not all the time for me! But I'm pretty sure it's when the Xbox is trying to connect to the Internet? Like you say doesn't matter if on or off line. I did a little test and came to this conclusion! I've no answer to a solution like but this is where the fault is. This is why not every one is effected people's boxes must be different in some way when connecting to the Internet.

wOoDsTeR16
15-11-2015, 09:44
Its got me beat as well mate, I just hope SMS work out what it is soon :(

Dynomight Motorsports
15-11-2015, 15:02
First League race yesterday for us since NXOE update, and it was horrible. Party kept going in and out for several players, because Game Chat still doesn't work. Invites weren't being received and thus Players couldn't get into lobby, because SMS took away the ability to join on another Players Profile. And I got disconnected to Race Central after only 6 laps. SMS isn't to blame for the new issues created by the NXOE update, but just having the ability to join a Private Lobby on a friends profile would make things a bit easier. I don't know why it was done away with???

Flat_out
15-11-2015, 15:28
I've found patch 5.0 was the beginning of a few of these issues for me.

wOoDsTeR16
15-11-2015, 15:51
I've found patch 5.0 was the beginning of a few of these issues for me.

I don't think its that, well not for me anyway, its this new Dash. And this was something that people have been raving about because it made the game better for them, give me the old dash back!.

Flat_out
15-11-2015, 16:03
I don't think its that, well not for me anyway, its this new Dash. And this was something that people have been raving about because it made the game better for them, give me the old dash back!.

As I said before the dash didn't change the game in any way for me at any time on preview.Just wish this game would work bug free,it would be amazing!

STEELJOCKEY
15-11-2015, 22:23
OK so last night, didn't get the screen freeze issue which was good, but the sound glitch came back with a vengeance for quite a while, then went away. Must be something to do with connection, as generally the NXOE seems to have fixed these. Strange

Dynomight Motorsports
16-11-2015, 00:54
Yeah, but on the other side of things, I can't sign into individual devices anymore like I could with the old Dashboard, ie my wheel and controller. It even effects my Rock Band 4 game as it doesn't know who is signed into what instrument, and causes the game to freeze and crash when changing profiles. If I don't start my wheel up before my console, I can't get it to work until I do a hard reset now. I just want to punch an MS employee right in its freaking mouth right now.

nissan4ever
16-11-2015, 01:12
Yeah, but on the other side of things, I can't sign into individual devices anymore like I could with the old Dashboard, ie my wheel and controller. It even effects my Rock Band 4 game as it doesn't know who is signed into what instrument, and causes the game to freeze and crash when changing profiles. If I don't start my wheel up before my console, I can't get it to work until I do a hard reset now. I just want to punch an MS employee right in its freaking mouth right now.

That's interesting. Nothing has changed for me. I still do the same routine. Cut on my Xbox One console. Then turn on my Thrustmaster TX. Calibrate my TX pedals. Load up Project CARS. Play the game.

STEELJOCKEY
16-11-2015, 03:41
I'm having no dramas with controllers, in the settings area, you can sign all your controllers in to your profile.

As for the wheel, this morning I signed in to pCars with a controller, wheel turned off. Turned on the wheel, quit the game, restarted game and signed in with the wheel, easy as can be now.

bigdaddyx2005
16-11-2015, 04:43
yeah our league race had the same problems today man....we resheduled it I got disconnect as did everyone else on like lap 6 or 8....so yeah somthing is up......

odemode
16-11-2015, 05:53
One thing I have noticed with the new dash is that my NAT has gone from open to moderate causing party chat to disconnect. Once I hard reset both router and console is was back to open. Just to note also, I did before the new dash have my console on a static ip with all the xbox ports open. I haven't checked to see if this still is the case becuase I can't see how a software update will change my router settings.

Ixoye56
16-11-2015, 06:37
That's interesting. Nothing has changed for me. I still do the same routine. Cut on my Xbox One console. Then turn on my Thrustmaster TX. Calibrate my TX pedals. Load up Project CARS. Play the game.

Same routine for me, only positive impressions so far, I run the game from an external usb 3 disk if it would make any difference.

KkDrummer
16-11-2015, 14:34
Same routine for me, only positive impressions so far, I run the game from an external usb 3 disk if it would make any difference.

I use an external hard disk as well...does a notification pop up every time you turn your console on saying that external drive has been successfully connected?

Flat_out
16-11-2015, 14:48
I use an external hard disk as well...does a notification pop up every time you turn your console on saying that external drive has been successfully connected?

Yes.

Ixoye56
17-11-2015, 08:53

Not for me, i have set my disc to start and shutdown automatic with xbox, but my USB disc (Seagate) has its own power supply if it makes any difference.

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 10:43
Not for me, i have set my disc to start and shutdown automatic with xbox, but my USB disc (Seagate) has its own power supply if it makes any difference.

weird...I have a seagate with its own power supply as well, but that notification pops up at power on...

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 12:38
weird...I have a seagate with its own power supply as well, but that notification pops up at power on...

I have a Seagate also and always get the notification if Xbox is shut down properly.

TAAT GUNA
17-11-2015, 13:07
I started a thread few days ago with the title "bugs are alive in this game" and my point was the bugs with new dash, im a preview and ive got the new dash for about 1 month now, and at the begining i never had problems and even the bug sound dissapear, but now its even worst, keep disconnecting, bug sound came back and stronger (4 or 5 secs) lobby information doesnt load and so on...
Ive never said nothing wrong about this game becouse i love it só mutch even with all the bugs, but in one night and after you disconnect a few times to dash or game menu you give up...

inthebagbud
17-11-2015, 13:10

For me every time yes

How do you set it to "start & shutdown automatic" to see if the message goes away

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 13:21
I have a Seagate also and always get the notification if Xbox is shut down properly.

so this could be it! on instant power mode the hard disk remains on stand by and it does not prompt the notification to pop up...

Ixoye56
17-11-2015, 14:34
For me every time yes

How do you set it to "start & shutdown automatic" to see if the message goes away

Settings > Power & startup > TV & A/V power options: I have my TV set to start and shot down with Xbox, my USB disc is not listed but work the same way, i have my Xbox in energy-saving mode mode and I have never seen any pop ups, but I have Swedish menu version if it makes any difference.