PDA

View Full Version : Chief engineer "add-on" for consoles ?

BulletEyeDK
16-11-2015, 07:34
Hi all...

I've recently discovered the user created "Crew Chief engineer" application for the PC users, which takes advantage of the shared memory available for PC.
Find that thread here -> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users

Since all this stuff is possible to add-on via shared memory, I reckon it's also possible for SMS to "upgrade" the existing engineer for the console users that don't have this choice ? this would be really awesome and make an allready great game even greater :D

Im not asking for the "interaction" thing that also works with this application, just the very cool updated voice comments on opponent cars where they are, damage, weather conditions, tires, position updates, and so on.

SMS please take note of this, i'll cross my fingers and hope other would find this very usefull too? :cool:

Bealdor
16-11-2015, 07:50
You should check out this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming). ;)

BulletEyeDK
16-11-2015, 07:58
@Bealdor - i've noted that thread before, but I must admit i've not read that many posts in that thread.

Is this somehow covered in that upcomming App ? I really can't seem to find a overview of what this companion app covers ? It's not mentioned in the first couple of posts

EDIT: As I understand it, SMS will provide the posibillity to make apps for console, as datastream packets will be sent via network? And then rely on anyone making a similar app ?

But as for the "Chief Crew Engineer" on PC, you'll get these updates spoken in-game as you race (as app runs in the same OS) - if that (for console users) is only available through an App running on external device people racing with headsets connected to the console will not get these spoken updates unless its in-game... I hope you and SMS can see that this unfortunally is a problem.

Still I praise the work SMS does for the community, and the possibility for an companion App is pretty awesome indeed, I'll look forward to that ;)

jerry555
16-11-2015, 09:53
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming&p=1169547&viewfull=1#post1169547

KkDrummer
16-11-2015, 10:01
APPS which use data from consoles will be available after patch 7.0. The app itself will not run on the console, it will have to run on Windows, iOS or Android (app/developer dependent).

BulletEyeDK
16-11-2015, 10:12
APPS which use data from consoles will be available after patch 7.0. The app itself will not run on the console, it will have to run on Windows, iOS or Android (app/developer dependent).

Exactly, it's great that this becomes even possible, really great indeed, but how on earth will we (console users) get the "chief crew engineer" to speak through our headsets while these are connected to the console ?

BulletEyeDK
16-11-2015, 10:13
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming&p=1169547&viewfull=1#post1169547

Thanks ;)

KkDrummer
16-11-2015, 14:28
I don't use a headset myself. I am planning to use my 8 inch tablet, hopefully it is loud enough!

ashasha
16-11-2015, 20:17
Exactly, it's great that this becomes even possible, really great indeed, but how on earth will we (console users) get the "chief crew engineer" to speak through our headsets while these are connected to the console ?It won't run directly like that, but if you are clever I'm sure that there are several ways to do it depending on what you are using to run the app. If it's on a laptop or tablet with line input you could send the audio from the xBox one to the line input of the machine and then use the headphone output of the computer; basically mix it on the device running the app. Another way would be to buy a small mixer ($20-50) and then take the outputs of both the xBox and the device running the app and then sending that to the headphones.

Of course there may be some bluetooth or even streaming options available, but I haven't done any investigating on that part.

Tomcul
16-11-2015, 20:46
Or just make the pit engineer we already have a bit more useful.
He doesn't need to tell us little tricks or that this guy is filling your mirrors.
He need's to tell us what lap we're on and how much gap between car infront/behind, bit of tyre wear info and maybe engine temps on some of the cars where that info would be available to pit crew..

BulletEyeDK
16-11-2015, 21:27
Or just make the pit engineer we already have a bit more useful.
He doesn't need to tell us little tricks or that this guy is filling your mirrors.
He need's to tell us what lap we're on and how much gap between car infront/behind, bit of tyre wear info and maybe engine temps on some of the cars where that info would be available to pit crew..

exactly...but spotter would be awesome

ElectricBlues85
17-11-2015, 00:01
The only way I can think of getting both the game sound and crew chief sound through the same headset is to use a mixer.

You could export the audio out from the PS4 into one channel on the mixer and then the output from the device running crew chief into a second channel and then then plug your headphones into the mixer. Massively overkill and you wouldn't be able to use your microphone but it's an option if it suits your needs.

I don't even have a windows device to run Crew chief but if I did I might put use ear buds for crew chief and put them on under my headset. I can't imagine this would be too comfortable for long stints but it would allow you to use the microphone.