PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec CSW V2 Issue after Patch 6.0

Hotty
16-11-2015, 19:01
Hallo!
After install the new Patch on my PS 4 the FFB is so bad,I take in Game Settings from Gruzzlebeard and
Car Settings from JS Fy+Sop,befor Update to 6.0 it works fantastic,now when I Drive the Wheel draw
alone to the left or right Side with heavy Grinnding and Oscilation.I have reset the Ingame Whell Settings
but it don't help.Now i have delete the Game and make a fresh Install,i hope it helps.Anyone with similar
Issues? Gredding Hotty:apologetic::apologetic::apologetic::apologetic:

vahagn_hayk
16-11-2015, 20:02
yes i can confirm, same here with tests of gruzzlebeard and grimeydog, on my CSW V2+CSP V2 latest firmware (updated on PC) and on PS4 with patch 6.0 of pCARS, have massive oscillation/ left and right, out of pits slow driving and on straights fast driving:no:

PS: the oscillation massive! has only come or appeared with complete fresh install, before/ prior to this had updated continuesly to 5.0 and no issues, did fresh instAll, deleted saves, also in cloud and instAll pCARS to 5.0 and massive oscillation...same did again with 6.0 and massive oscillation

AND: no ISSUES at all on PC other games! all is good on PC with wheel and pedals!

Hotty
16-11-2015, 20:05
Ok,thank you,,,

Sankyo
16-11-2015, 20:35
Did you guys try and reset your wheel settings and try default FFB?

vahagn_hayk
16-11-2015, 20:42
i will reset all again and try again on default and report back.

Hotty
16-11-2015, 20:47
Yes,i did reset wheel settings but it don't help,Issues the same...

vahagn_hayk
16-11-2015, 21:44
Did you guys try and reset your wheel settings and try default FFB?

Remco, reset done with all settings in game, all back to default and issue remains. (on the PC i have no issues at all.)
important maybe: CSW V2 is connected directly to PS4 via front USB and CSP V2 are connected to CSW V2 via PS2 cable.

Hotty
16-11-2015, 22:44
Hallo!
After fresh install PC,Wheel Calibrating the great FFB is back,no issue with Settings in my first Post,i am happy
:welcoming::D:chuncky:

vahagn_hayk
16-11-2015, 23:07
will do fresh install too! (find it annoying to be doing this with every patch so far!)

SUBGTRACER
17-11-2015, 00:53
will do fresh install too! (find it annoying to be doing this with every patch so far!)

If I have to do this , I think I will be done somehow :( .............Its not acceptable to expect people do this every time a patch is out !

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 03:36
so I did delete game, saves local and cloud, reinstall, update 6.0 and all DLC downloads.
1) game started and X pressed with wheel
2) went into game calibrated wheel and pedals
3) edit assignments (buttons blabla)
4) went into watkins glen GP track with Ruf GT3

all works no oscillation with Default settings, did NOT change any values in global, in FFB and in per vehicle FFB and tune/ setup. ZERO oscillation! but car feels like sh*t driving on watkins glen gp, off by around 4-5seconds (normal since not tuned nor setup) and car feels like it is hovering over the road and watkins glen gp is one of the bumpiest tracks!!!!

so yes i can confirm FFB back, works, and no oscillation BUT on default settings all feels like a hover craft steering like a ship over a road which has no bumps and curbs.

connected as a test to my PC same wheel and pedals on Assetto Corsa, rF2, R3E and GSCE and all works great and can actually feel what is happening. yes FFB is tuned per game on my PC!

but I am shocked how bad it is on PS4 console with Project CARS!

so i do have to tune/ tweak for the CSW V2+CSP V2 to provide proper feedback of road, vehiclea and etc. but NOT create osciallation at low and high speed and not have issues from session to session with FFB glitch and twitches. so no clue how will accomplish this since there are zero settings or suggestions for on wheel CSW V2 settings and zero recommendations on global settings and FFB settings from SMS for this wheel. but might be only my wheel???? lol

(gruzzlebeard and GrimeyDogs tweaks now since 6.0 cause my wheel to oscillate at low and high speeds!)

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 09:10
We had no changes to the FFB on the CSW V2, most likely the tweaks that they had were to address some of the issues we fixed (quote below), so they no longer have the desired effect:

• Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.

In terms of SMS recommended settings we cannot provide something which fits all, since FFB is a subjective matter, each user will have his own taste and way of interpreting how things should feel. What we can give is the wheel settings settings:
Wheel settings: SEn aut, FF 100, SHo off, AbS 65*, LIn off, dEA off, drI off, For 100, SPr 100, dPr 100

*- Affects only users with CSP V2/3 and it's subjective.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 10:24
thank you Bruno will try, appreciate and grateful for your reply/ post here!

Sum Dixon-Ear
17-11-2015, 10:29
We had no changes to the FFB on the CSW V2, most likely the tweaks that they had were to address some of the issues we fixed (quote below), so they no longer have the desired effect:

In terms of SMS recommended settings we cannot provide something which fits all, since FFB is a subjective matter, each user will have his own taste and way of interpreting how things should feel. What we can give is the wheel settings settings:
Wheel settings: SEn aut, FF 100, SHo off, AbS 65*, LIn off, dEA off, drI off, For 100, SPr 100, dPr 100

Thanks for the CSW V2 firmware settings Bruno, can you please post the recommended onboard settings for the CSR Elite Wheel as well... I'm especially interested in the spring and damper settings.

Sankyo
17-11-2015, 10:34
Thanks for the CSW V2 firmware settings Bruno, can you please post the recommended onboard settings for the CSR Elite Wheel as well... I'm especially interested in the spring and damper settings.
Spring is only used in the menus, I recommend a value around 50 to make it self-center in the menus but not in a way to cut your hand if it happens to be in the way :)

As for damper, just as with any other effect set on the wheel it's only a 'volume knob' for the effects sent from the game, i.e. it's not doing anything by itself. Hence, if the game doesn't use any damper effects, setting the on-wheel value to 0, 10 or 100 does not make any difference. I'm not sure whether the damper effect is still available in the game, but if it's set to zero then you can leave the on-wheel value to 100. Maybe you would like to experiment with it later if available.

GrimeyDog
17-11-2015, 11:09
yes i can confirm, same here with tests of gruzzlebeard and grimeydog, on my CSW V2+CSP V2 latest firmware (updated on PC) and on PS4 with patch 6.0 of pCARS, have massive oscillation/ left and right, out of pits slow driving and on straights fast driving:no:

PS: the oscillation massive! has only come or appeared with complete fresh install, before/ prior to this had updated continuesly to 5.0 and no issues, did fresh instAll, deleted saves, also in cloud and instAll pCARS to 5.0 and massive oscillation...same did again with 6.0 and massive oscillation

AND: no ISSUES at all on PC other games! all is good on PC with wheel and pedals!

Strange... i Deleted my Game Save and Cloud save and FFB is Normal again... This time i was lazy and didn't delete the whole game.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 11:10

I have to say that i do like the GAME but i think the FFB is wrong in the way we are having to setup each car. FFB should not be a subjective matter at all and if a car feels a particular way that it should feel like that in the GAME not to be able to tweek to what you feel the car should be like. most have never driven these cars before so would never know. that is for you to get as close to real life and not for us to guess and spend hours guessing to what a car should drive like. the only FFB adjustment should be for overall strength for the different wheels.

GrimeyDog
17-11-2015, 11:17
so I did delete game, saves local and cloud, reinstall, update 6.0 and all DLC downloads.
1) game started and X pressed with wheel
2) went into game calibrated wheel and pedals
3) edit assignments (buttons blabla)
4) went into watkins glen GP track with Ruf GT3

all works no oscillation with Default settings, did NOT change any values in global, in FFB and in per vehicle FFB and tune/ setup. ZERO oscillation! but car feels like sh*t driving on watkins glen gp, off by around 4-5seconds (normal since not tuned nor setup) and car feels like it is hovering over the road and watkins glen gp is one of the bumpiest tracks!!!!

so yes i can confirm FFB back, works, and no oscillation BUT on default settings all feels like a hover craft steering like a ship over a road which has no bumps and curbs.

connected as a test to my PC same wheel and pedals on Assetto Corsa, rF2, R3E and GSCE and all works great and can actually feel what is happening. yes FFB is tuned per game on my PC!

but I am shocked how bad it is on PS4 console with Project CARS!

so i do have to tune/ tweak for the CSW V2+CSP V2 to provide proper feedback of road, vehiclea and etc. but NOT create osciallation at low and high speed and not have issues from session to session with FFB glitch and twitches. so no clue how will accomplish this since there are zero settings or suggestions for on wheel CSW V2 settings and zero recommendations on global settings and FFB settings from SMS for this wheel. but might be only my wheel???? lol

(gruzzlebeard and GrimeyDogs tweaks now since 6.0 cause my wheel to oscillate at low and high speeds!)

if using my Tweek Make Sure you have the Global Settings Right.... Especially the Dead Zone Removal Fall Of ... Move Full left then 5 clicks to the Right.

once i did a Profile Delete Hard Drive and Cloud game save.... My FFB was back to the Norm with 6.0

RomKnight
17-11-2015, 11:23
FFB is the most subjective thing precisely because everyone has his/her expectations on how a car should behave at any given situation.

Then, there's some who just like to feel lateral forces, others want to feel just what comes through the steering column, others want more subtleties of the tyres on the track, others want to feel more understeer... so... subjective :)

And unlike other games, where you can feel the character of a car, in pCARS if the feedback from the real car is crap, it'll also be in pCARS so the ffb is not the same for every car because the car is different too. One of the beauties of pCARS in comparison to say, AC. You know the car handles well or not but the ffb is the same no matter what tyre you use or car or setup. Well, maybe if you're paying close attention but most likely one will mistake the handling with ffb if you ask me.

Sankyo
17-11-2015, 11:25
I have to say that i do like the GAME but i think the FFB is wrong in the way we are having to setup each car. FFB should not be a subjective matter at all and if a car feels a particular way that it should feel like that in the GAME not to be able to tweek to what you feel the car should be like. most have never driven these cars before so would never know. that is for you to get as close to real life and not for us to guess and spend hours guessing to what a car should drive like. the only FFB adjustment should be for overall strength for the different wheels.
FFB in games doesn't feel like how cars feel in real life anyway (because of the lack of g-forces, and the fact that a real car's steering rack and wheel are physically very different than a piece of gaming hardware), so for sure it's a matter of taste of what information people want to be conveyed through FFB, and how much. There is still a default FFB that will give you the car's FFB as is, and when using defaults for all cars you'll feel the differences between cars. Just make sure that the FFB doesn't clip, which is something that isn't properly tuned for all wheels (at least not for the CSW v2).

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 11:36
Spring is only used in the menus, I recommend a value around 50 to make it self-center in the menus but not in a way to cut your hand if it happens to be in the way :)
(...)
An alternative is to leave the spring at 100 in the wheel and reduce the Menu Spring Strenght on the Calibrate Force Feedback option (in-game) to 0.15, this will cause the wheel to move slowly back to center without "cutting your hand off".

Each vehicle is set up in a unique way and you shouldn't mess with their settings. The overall FFB settings, which were the ones i was referring to, are subjective to each user and thus why i say we cannot offer one which works for all.
For example, my personal settings on the PS4 might not work for all users and if you pay attention to the graph in the telemtry screen it's clipping from time to time, but to me it feels great as i get a lot of feedback from the road and the wheel feels heavy which is something i like to have. (attached below).

Note: These are personal settings and in no way the recommended ones by SMS. The images are in Portuguese but you can figure out which settings they are pointing towards easily due to the divisions/highlighted tabs on screen.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 11:41
no FFB doesn't feel like real life as yes you are missing the real G-forces but you are wrong it shouldn't be a matter of "taste to what people want to feel" or "expectations on how a car should behave" it should be down to the developer to get this right. and get the feeling in the wheel as close to real life as can and not for us to decide how this should feel.

look i drive other sim's who don't have all of the FFB setting Pcars does and just a strength and steering rotation and you can feel more ffb with what the car is doing then Pcars and each car feels different and correct without me having to spend hours to get some sort of feeling out of my wheel. it like when i use my wheel i don't feel bumps in the track or the curbs they are vague at the best.

SUBGTRACER
17-11-2015, 12:09
After installing patch 6.0 my t500 felt nothing like it did in 5.0 it was heavy and very springy

Before I went to the extreams of changing settings or re installing I simply rebooted my system and everything was as it was in 5.0 " exactly the same feeling ...

My advice is simply reboot after 6.0 install before you do anything .

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 13:11
if using my Tweek Make Sure you have the Global Settings Right.... Especially the Dead Zone Removal Fall Of ... Move Full left then 5 clicks to the Right.

once i did a Profile Delete Hard Drive and Cloud game save.... My FFB was back to the Norm with 6.0
@GrimeyDog: see my posts here and in Fanatec support, have tried your settings gruzzlebeards settings, with 5.0 had little oscillation, manageable, with 6.0 at slow and high speed with both settings massive oscillation.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 13:16
After installing patch 6.0 my t500 felt nothing like it did in 5.0 it was heavy and very springy

Before I went to the extreams of changing settings or re installing I simply rebooted my system and everything was as it was in 5.0 " exactly the same feeling ...

My advice is simply reboot after 6.0 install before you do anything .
good point and good advice! the question is though:
WHY does the PS4 go crazy or black or blue screen when you try to dial in/ tweak FFB settings global and per car??? in all the patches, when u try to do FFB stuff over an hour or two, always had a system crash and always glitches and twitches...maybe just my system, but I certainly can't mess around too long with FFB otherwise BlSOD or BSOD!!! for me it has been like that since release! never was able to do much or long term tweaking with FFB.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 13:18
An alternative is to leave the spring at 100 in the wheel and reduce the Menu Spring Strenght on the Calibrate Force Feedback option (in-game) to 0.15, this will cause the wheel to move slowly back to center without "cutting your hand off".

Each vehicle is set up in a unique way and you shouldn't mess with their settings. The overall FFB settings, which were the ones i was referring to, are subjective to each user and thus why i say we cannot offer one which works for all.
For example, my personal settings on the PS4 might not work for all users and if you pay attention to the graph in the telemtry screen it's clipping from time to time, but to me it feels great as i get a lot of feedback from the road and the wheel feels heavy which is something i like to have. (attached below).

Note: These are personal settings and in no way the recommended ones by SMS. The images are in Portuguese but you can figure out which settings they are pointing towards easily due to the divisions/highlighted tabs on screen.

will certainly give your settings a try! more important or additionally would be very curious or interested what car/ per car FFB you use? just an example car. even if it NOT SMS but your personal preference.

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 13:22
no FFB doesn't feel like real life as yes you are missing the real G-forces but you are wrong it shouldn't be a matter of "taste to what people want to feel" or "expectations on how a car should behave" it should be down to the developer to get this right. and get the feeling in the wheel as close to real life as can and not for us to decide how this should feel.

look i drive other sim's who don't have all of the FFB setting Pcars does and just a strength and steering rotation and you can feel more ffb with what the car is doing then Pcars and each car feels different and correct without me having to spend hours to get some sort of feeling out of my wheel. it like when i use my wheel i don't feel bumps in the track or the curbs they are vague at the best.

You're still misinterpreting what i am saying or not reading it carefully, so let's try this in a different way.

You have 2 types of FFB settings:
- Vehicle FFB: Set within the car setup
- Overall FFB: Set within the Options > Controls

The Vehicle FFB are values which were set according to the info we've acquired for each vehicle, it's what makes each vehicle unique in terms of behaviour, these should not be changed unless you specifically know what you're doing.
The Overall FFB are the settings which i referred previously as something subjective to each user, we cannot provide a single set of values which will work to all users taste or even on all wheels. Each user will have their own settings, preferences and idea of how the vehicle behaves in real life.

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 13:25
will certainly give your settings a try! more important or additionally would be very curious or interested what car/ per car FFB you use? just an example car. even if it NOT SMS but your personal preference.

Only change i make is the one described above, i do not make changes to the Vehicle FFB. My favorite car is the Atom V8, doesn't matter the track i use as long i have some corners.

GrimeyDog
17-11-2015, 13:42
The FFB in PCars is Great!!! Its the Best FFB that ive felt on Console to date and Just as Good as any PC FFB IMO.
IMO i think if the FFB system was/ Needs to be explained in Greater detail that there would not be sooo many still struggling to find a good feel...Some seem to believe the in car Masters are FFB multipiers But i see them as Passive Volume controls/Pass throughs with No Multiplying effect ....so i just set them to 100 and adjust settings within them Low or according to what i want to feel most and it Feels great.... I also agree that the FFB is Only ment to Give you a Feel of what the Road Feels like and what the Car is doing.... I see some trying to Change the way a Car Handles using the FFB but IMO thats wrong thats what Suspension tuning is for.

I agree that there us No FFB Blue print that will fit all but there atleast Needs to be Clarity on the how the in Car Master Sliders should be used... Ex: are they Passive Volume control/Pass through with No Multiplier Effect or do they Multiply the Settings that pass through them.... This is very important because it will Give Clarity and Light and will Change the way people tune their in Car settings.

also a Clear understanding of the Global settings is Needed because IMO Good Global settings are Most important of all because they determine the Feel you will get from your in Car settings.

IMO the FFB is not that Hard to Tweek... well thats after 350+Hours of Tweeking at it... LOL... But once you get it you got it and its very simple... Problem is there are Gpaphs and linearity programs tbat are being used to tweek but at the end of the Day the Final Feel Has to be Tweeked by Feel.

But Each update PCars Gets Better and Better... Kudos to the SMS Team!!!

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 13:51
You're still misinterpreting what i am saying or not reading it carefully, so let's try this in a different way.

You have 2 types of FFB settings:
- Vehicle FFB: Set within the car setup
- Overall FFB: Set within the Options > Controls

The Vehicle FFB are values which were set according to the info we've acquired for each vehicle, it's what makes each vehicle unique in terms of behaviour, these should not be changed unless you specifically know what you're doing.
The Overall FFB are the settings which i referred previously as something subjective to each user, we cannot provide a single set of values which will work to all users taste or even on all wheels. Each user will have their own settings, preferences and idea of how the vehicle behaves in real life.

i know what you said that is why i didn't quote your last post i was replying to two other who had posted. i had been typing my post to them two when you posted.

i do not change each car but if you read old jacks and others post they are changing each car to get the right feeling. with the standard setting the ffb is worthless. on this comment though "we cannot provide a single set of values which will work to all users taste or even on all wheels" is wrong! you go and download R3E (Raceroom) and use that then tell me how comes other developers can cover all different wheels and it shouldn't be down to a users taste. my experience should be no different from yours on FFB every user should be getting the same feeling from each car.

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 14:12
i know what you said that is why i didn't quote your last post i was replying to two other who had posted. i had been typing my post to them two when you posted.

i do not change each car but if you read old jacks and others post they are changing each car to get the right feeling. with the standard setting the ffb is worthless. on this comment though "we cannot provide a single set of values which will work to all users taste or even on all wheels" is wrong! you go and download R3E (Raceroom) and use that then tell me how comes other developers can cover all different wheels and it shouldn't be down to a users taste. my experience should be no different from yours on FFB every user should be getting the same feeling from each car.

That's the same of assuming that all users play games with the default graphic settings or never use the custom ones.
Just because your initial experience with R3E was perfect and you didn't need any changes it doesn't mean all the other users find it the same and are not trying to obtain more by doing adjustments and changes, just search for FFB Tweaks for R3E and you will see.
We're also comparing different games, which have different technology (read physics tech) being used, we for once do not add any "faked effects" to the vehicles to increase the feel, everything you get comes straight from our physics engine. Our vehicles all behave and feel different to one another, it's not just a matter of adding more or less power/grip like some do which make their cars feel identical to one another and easy to setup and adapt to.

Note: My last comments above are not directed to R3E, it's a general observation to some of the games out there and the reason why they can get a easy to get feel across their vehicles.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 14:36
That's the same of assuming that all users play games with the default graphic settings or never use the custom ones.
Just because your initial experience with R3E was perfect and you didn't need any changes it doesn't mean all the other users find it the same and are not trying to obtain more by doing adjustments and changes, just search for FFB Tweaks for R3E and you will see.
We're also comparing different games, which have different technology (read physics tech) being used, we for once do not add any "faked effects" to the vehicles to increase the feel, everything you get comes straight from our physics engine. Our vehicles all behave and feel different to one another, it's not just a matter of adding more or less power/grip like some do which make their cars feel identical to one another and easy to setup and adapt to.

Note: My last comments above are not directed to R3E, it's a general observation to some of the games out there and the reason why they can get a easy to get feel across their vehicles.

okay that is a fair point you are using different technology and you don't add "faked Effects". but using your default setting are poor. you can not feel track bumps or curbs with this. i have spent hours trying to get this feeling. i had a trustmaster t500 wheel and now a fanatec wheel which is better but still you do not get the feeling that one should get from the track. i have tried to match this by playing around with the FFB but have not to this day been able to get this right. i just very frustrated that i'm having to mess around with FFB to get it right or close. maybe if you had a manual the explained how to get the best out of your wheel. i don't have time to work out what setting does what. yes you have a brief explanation but this leaves the mind boggling with What the hell does that mean.

Frustrated.com

Sorry to rant but it is just frustrating and after each patch i then have to reset and i'm still losing FFB in races like this can be every other online race on a bad night.

Fong74
17-11-2015, 14:51
I really held my breath when I found this thread and read through it. But I have to admit that I feel no difference in FFB since the update. We ran a 2h race at Brno last Sunday (v5.0) and the first thing I tried after the v6.0 patch was installed, was a lap at Brno with my GT3 R8. I did not change any of the options in-game, I did not re-set anything as I expect those things to work throughout the patch process. Same car setup used of course.

What can I say? The FFb feels great as always. Maybe even a better feel for what the tires do, but could be placebo as well. So I do not have any issues with FFb at all, same as some of my racing mates who also own a CSWv2. Are we just lucky or is there any technical basis for the reports found here?

@Bruno:
Does an update process touch/change any of our settings in the FFB section (global and car setup)?
Does it make sence to re-set FFB to default after a patch has been applied?

Those questions exist since release and no one from SMS really answered them.....IMHO thats one of the reasons why so many rumors exist about that topic and why so many ppl keep re-installing their games (I never did this btw, same as deleting my savegame, and Im an all happy racer) :o

Would be great if you could bring some light into this...

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 14:53
okay that is a fair point you are using different technology and you don't add "faked Effects". but using your default setting are poor. you can not feel track bumps or curbs with this. i have spent hours trying to get this feeling. i had a trustmaster t500 wheel and now a fanatec wheel which is better but still you do not get the feeling that one should get from the track. i have tried to match this by playing around with the FFB but have not to this day been able to get this right. i just very frustrated that i'm having to mess around with FFB to get it right or close. maybe if you had a manual the explained how to get the best out of your wheel. i don't have time to work out what setting does what. yes you have a brief explanation but this leaves the mind boggling with What the hell does that mean.

Frustrated.com

Sorry to rant but it is just frustrating and after each patch i then have to reset and i'm still losing FFB in races like this can be every other online race on a bad night.

I understand and yes we could probably have offered a more detailed description of the FFB functionalities in order help out those who do not feel satisfied with the default settings. Luckly we have an amazing community which has been helping us a lot in this matter and we've been learning and taking notes on how to avoid this mistakes in this future.

The losing FFB you mention is it the issue where the FFB goes "numb" between sessions ? If so it's an issue we're still investigating, we've found a way to make it happen but finding the origin of the issue is being harder than expected.

Sankyo
17-11-2015, 14:54
I really held my breath when I found this thread and read through it. But I have to admit that I feel no difference in FFB since the update. We ran a 2h race at Brno last Sunday (v5.0) and the first thing I tried after the v6.0 patch was installed, was a lap at Brno with my GT3 R8. I did not change any of the options in-game, I did not re-set anything as I expect those things to work throughout the patch process. Same car setup used of course.

What can I say? The FFb feels great as always. Maybe even a better feel for what the tires do, but could be placebo as well. So I do not have any issues with FFb at all, same as some of my racing mates who also own a CSWv2. Are we just lucky or is there any technical basis for the reports found here?

@Bruno:
Does an update process touch/change any of our settings in the FFB section (global and car setup)?

Those questions exist since release and no one from SMS really answered them.....IMHO thats one of the reasons why so many rumors exist about that topic and why so many ppl keep re-installing their games (I never did this btw, same as deleting my savegame) :o

I think the thing is that no changes are expected at all, as none of this has been touched by the patch. The devs also didn't see any of this themselves during testing, so each time that such reports appear on the forum they are stumped.

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 14:54

@Bruno:

Those questions exist since release and no one from SMS really answered them.....IMHO thats one of the reasons why so many rumors exist about that topic and why so many ppl keep re-installing their games (I never did this btw, same as deleting my savegame) :o

An update can touch or change the settings in the FFB section if specific changes are applied to it, in the case of 6.0 the only change made was physics wise to some tire model which doesn't alter any FFB values but it might provide a different feeling due to the way the tire behaves.

Fong74
17-11-2015, 15:05
I think the thing is that no changes are expected at all, as none of this has been touched by the patch. The devs also didn't see any of this themselves during testing, so each time that such reports appear on the forum they are stumped.

An update can touch or change the settings in the FFB section if specific changes are applied to it, in the case of 6.0 the only change made was physics wise to some tire model which doesn't alter any FFB values but it might provide a different feeling due to the way the tire behaves.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys! Much appreciated. What me and my mates experienced matches exactly with your statements, so Im all good now.

Small suggestion for the future if I may:
If FFB settings are changed/altered/optimized in futute patches it would be great if this info could be part of the patch notes, too. This would make life easier for the users, mods and the devs as well, as this would reduce the rumor level for that area quite significantly IMO. And as we (almost) all aggree, with FFB being a very subjective matter, it is very senitive to changes and therefore update-information could help out very good.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 15:05
I understand and yes we could probably have offered a more detailed description of the FFB functionalities in order help out those who do not feel satisfied with the default settings. Luckly we have an amazing community which has been helping us a lot in this matter and we've been learning and taking notes on how to avoid this mistakes in this future.

The losing FFB you mention is it the issue where the FFB goes "numb" between sessions ? If so it's an issue we're still investigating, we've found a way to make it happen but finding the origin of the issue is being harder than expected.

yes this issue with FFB loss does happen between sessions.

BTW i'm glad you are listening to the community but apart from the few they are all changing the FFB per car which in my eyes you shouldn't be doing to get the XYZ right to feel what is going on. you are changing the way a car should be feeling if what you say is correct. why have them posts fixed if you shouldn't be changing FFB per car?
post like this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24055-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-Spreadsheet.

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 15:15
yes this issue with FFB loss does happen between sessions.

BTW i'm glad you are listening to the community but apart from the few they are all changing the FFB per car which in my eyes you shouldn't be doing to get the XYZ right to feel what is going on. you are changing the way a car should be feeling if what you say is correct. why have them posts fixed if you shouldn't be changing FFB per car?
post like this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24055-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-PS4-XB1-Spreadsheet.

Even thou we do not answer on a constant basis it doesn't mean we are not paying attention, the mods and community keep alerting us to all the issues raised and we're aware of them. It's just a bit time consuming to be answering to all plus doing the tasks we also have at hands. (we're a small team)

We recommend not to change them but we do not forbid, users should be free to customize the game to their own taste, so if they feel their settings are better nothing like sharing and see others opinion.
What would be nice is if the users kept their recommendations up to date, for example the link you pointed out hasn't been updated since the end of August and we've release 2 patches already since then. Or at least alert that some might not work or give different results with new patches.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 15:20
Even thou we do not answer on a constant basis it doesn't mean we are not paying attention, the mods and community keep alerting us to all the issues raised and we're aware of them. It's just a bit time consuming to be answering to all plus doing the tasks we also have at hands. (we're a small team)

We recommend not to change them but we do not forbid, users should be free to customize the game to their own taste, so if they feel their settings are better nothing like sharing and see others opinion.
What would be nice is if the users kept their recommendations up to date, for example the link you pointed out hasn't been updated since the end of August and we've release 2 patches already since then. Or at least alert that some might not work or give different results with new patches.

i understand you are a small team and can't answer everyone. i'll just say thanks for talking with me i got some frustrations off my chest and i'll just keep plugging away with trying to get that feeling right.

Bruno Alexandre
17-11-2015, 15:23
Maybe if you could explain us your expectation in terms of FFB we can help out finding a proper setting or at least give you a base you can from then on work with.

RomKnight
17-11-2015, 15:28
i understand you are a small team and can't answer everyone. i'll just say thanks for talking with me i got some frustrations off my chest and i'll just keep plugging away with trying to get that feeling right.

Have tried only Mz to 100 and other at 0 (IIRC rF2 uses just Mz or at least it is the main force on their FFB which btw I also like)

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 15:31
Maybe if you could explain us your expectation in terms of FFB we can help out finding a proper setting or at least give you a base you can from then on work with.

right it things like road bump you can't feel. driving over curbs that feeling is missing or very weak.. feeling from front to back is missing. so can't feel back of car stepping out or going over bumps.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 15:37
right it things like road bump you can't feel. driving over curbs that feeling is missing or very weak.. feeling from front to back is missing. so can't feel back of car stepping out or going over bumps.

Fz is for kerbs/ bumps and etc. try to adjust that value.

GrimeyDog
17-11-2015, 15:41

@Bruno:

Those questions exist since release and no one from SMS really answered them.....IMHO thats one of the reasons why so many rumors exist about that topic and why so many ppl keep re-installing their games (I never did this btw, same as deleting my savegame, and Im an all happy racer) :o

Yes Same Here my Ruf RGT8 ran Great at Watkins Glen... But Try the LMP1cars.. i used the Marek thats when i felt a Difference and Had to do a Reset.But overal PCars gets Better every update.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 15:49
Fz is for kerbs/ bumps and etc. try to adjust that value.

I will give this a go but if all Car FFB are set default value of 100 then upping this i then get risk of clipping.?

Fong74
17-11-2015, 15:55
I will give this a go but if all Car FFB are set default value of 100 then upping this i then get risk of clipping.?

If that happens try reducing Master Scale in car setup FFb section or lower the FFB slider in the global settings.

KillerFox1978
17-11-2015, 16:09
If that happens try reducing Master Scale in car setup FFb section or lower the FFB slider in the global settings.

okay thanks will try this too.

Sum Dixon-Ear
17-11-2015, 16:12

As for damper, just as with any other effect set on the wheel it's only a 'volume knob' for the effects sent from the game, i.e. it's not doing anything by itself. Hence, if the game doesn't use any damper effects, setting the on-wheel value to 0, 10 or 100 does not make any difference. I'm not sure whether the damper effect is still available in the game, but if it's set to zero then you can leave the on-wheel value to 100. Maybe you would like to experiment with it later if available.

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought considering that the spring and damper settings only had effect when in (X360 or PS3) console modes on the Porsche and CSR wheels and we use PC mode on the PS4. However, seeing as the game utilises the wheel's spring function in the menus, I was wondering whether there were any spring or damper functions in game also.

The thought had crossed my mind as to the possibility of the spring function having an impact on why FFB completely disappears sometimes after it has been disabled in the transition from the menus to actually driving?

Sankyo
17-11-2015, 16:35
You mean Tyre Force in the global FFB settings :)

Sankyo
17-11-2015, 16:38
Thanks, that's exactly what I thought considering that the spring and damper settings only had effect when in (X360 or PS3) console modes on the Porsche and CSR wheels and we use PC mode on the PS4. However, seeing as the game utilises the wheel's spring function in the menus, I was wondering whether there were any spring or damper functions in game also.
As said, there was the dampening FFB function that used to be in the game during development which I think is now now there anymore (?). There was also a time when spring was used in a smart way for low-speed resistance where all FFB models break down, but I cannot remember whether this was changed again at some point. Easy to test by turning the wheel with a car at stand-still, and changing SPr on the wheel to see if that changes the FFB in any way.

The thought had crossed my mind as to the possibility of the spring function having an impact on why FFB completely disappears sometimes after it has been disabled in the transition from the menus to actually driving?
It could be related, but that's something for the devs to look at. I'll throw it up in the Staff section.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 17:04
i will be testing various settings, but has anyone tried DRI=003? according o FANATEC it is the neutral/

RomKnight
17-11-2015, 17:45
I use it... except for pCARS as you can see on my .sig.

I use Per wheel movement settings in FFB with the reason being DRI 3 not feeling "neutral" enough to me. It seems to have a bit of acceleration remaining and Dri 2 seems to have too much drag an not as linear either IIRC from wheelcheck when I tested. On top of that, why have another "layer" of "stuff" in the FFB when I can have it directly from pCARS?

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 18:15
this is what i tested with WHEELCHECK and FCM, but not smart enough to know what to do with it :(

1) 222228 (CSW_V2_CSP_V2_SEn-aut_FF-100_SHo-100_AbS-65_LIn-off_dEA-off_drI-003_For-100_SPr-0ff_dPr-off)
2) 222229 (CSW_V2_CSP_V2_SEn-aut_FF-100_SHo-off_AbS-65_LIn-off_dEA-off_drI-off_For-100_SPr-100_dPr-100)

thanks to anyone who can help me out for this in advance.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 18:58
if i have DRR=0.03 or 0.04 what value do input for DRF=???

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 21:35
started testing FFB, and started practice, then solo and then multiplayer, in each of these (3-5 sessions) i had to backput, close the game and restart game, multiple times to start a session with correct FFB feeling, awkward steering feeling and in sessions i tried changing steering ratio with no effects...???? am i missing something or this glitches completelt??? and this is after fresh install, fresh update, deleted local and cloud saves!
(1) FFB and config only tweaked (google sheet, FCM tool and posts from users)
(2) in car FFB completely default, except for wanting to change Steering Ratio (but no matter what i put it on nothing changes...?????!!!)

+++so even joining public lobbies, 4 out of 9 times my FFB has been out of whack, basically no FFB feel at all, had to go out, close app and restart app. (game!) then join and all okay, next session again glitches out...

Titzon Toast
17-11-2015, 22:11

Not necessarily, all of those values go to 200. The default setting is 100, or 50% of the total.

gruzzlebeard
18-11-2015, 07:55

• Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.

Thanks Bruno for highlighting this. I've had also very strong oscillations and the overall FFB felt significantly heavier after P6.0. It seems that the new tire physics impacts the original settings especially if you're already on the edge with FFB forces for TF & Master Spindle Scale in your personal settings. Maybe RA and/or Scoop are boosting some tire forces now which will lead to too much FFB feel. Especially the line in the telemetry data looked strange with lots of small peaks on top of the regular amplitudes. I assume that RA was heavily interfering.

However it was not easy to get the "old" FFB feeling back. Here my experience for the other CSW V2 users which discovered the same issues.

Before the P 6.0 I used JS car ffb values but with Master Scale multiplier x 2 (Ruf GT3 MSc 32 x2 = 64). Now I reduced MasterScale with a multiplier of 1,5 (from MSc 32->48). This helped for the decent strength on the wheel as I was used to it before. But I didn't get rid of the wheel oscillation even after I fiddled about DRR/DRF (osc. was less but still there).

Then I loaded back my old game profile with exactly the same settings (MSc 64). The FFB was stronger but not that strong as before but still heavy oscillation. So I reduced MasterScale just to 56 instead of 64. I've got the same strength then before with 48 (also proofed with the HUD). Additionaly the amplitudes where more cleaner so it was clearly to see that RA was not interfering too much. But I was not confident anymore due to this differences and I deleted my game profile and switched off and on PS4.

I calibrated the wheel and dialed in my settings and ended up with MasterScale of 48 again but still oscillation. I changed the DRR/DRF from 0.02/0.004 up and down without any changes in behavior. After I changed it in minimum the 10th time suddenly the oscillations where gone with exactly the same settings which I used at the starting point. Now I can use the settings again like earlier between DRR 0.02-0.03 & DRF 0.001-0.004. Too me it looks like the settings has not been correctly saved in my game profile.

Unfortunately I didn't recorded videos but next time I will provide a screen shot again with the differences in the telemetry data.

Bruno Alexandre
18-11-2015, 08:06
As said, there was the dampening FFB function that used to be in the game during development which I think is now now there anymore (?). There was also a time when spring was used in a smart way for low-speed resistance where all FFB models break down, but I cannot remember whether this was changed again at some point. Easy to test by turning the wheel with a car at stand-still, and changing SPr on the wheel to see if that changes the FFB in any way.

It could be related, but that's something for the devs to look at. I'll throw it up in the Staff section.

The spring is still active when the FFB goes "numb"/disappear, it's one of the things that alerts right away for the FFB going numb issue. When the FFB is working properly and you're standing in the grid, if you turn the wheel left or right it stays there, but as soon as the issue triggers you will notice that the wheel will return to center on it's own. What we've found so far is that the issue is not within the pause invoke, but in the transition from race central > race and vice-versa.

MRSpeed
18-11-2015, 10:34
Guys i have read this Thread carefully...but i cant recognize a uniform solution proposal... same things are more effectively than others... so there is no workaround thats solve the Problem safely.. is it right?

and assumed it helps to install the game new... what happens when i load patch 6.0 again? Still i have the same problems?

Sum Dixon-Ear
18-11-2015, 11:47
The spring is still active when the FFB goes "numb"/disappear, it's one of the things that alerts right away for the FFB going numb issue. When the FFB is working properly and you're standing in the grid, if you turn the wheel left or right it stays there, but as soon as the issue triggers you will notice that the wheel will return to center on it's own. What we've found so far is that the issue is not within the pause invoke, but in the transition from race central > race and vice-versa.

What happens to me with the Elite (as it just has at Sakitto GP - Lotus 98T) is that there are no effects being sent to the wheel whatsoever, no centre spring weight, nothing. The wheel feels as it does before it's even powered on, smooth as silk with absolutely no resistance, inherent motor cog or FFB.

As far as I can tell, this behaviour is identical whether on the grid or exiting the pits at the start of a session. Park the car, reboot the wheel and 99% of the time the issue is solved. For whatever reason, when I start a race at California Highway, more often than not there is total loss of FFB when I load the track which is invariably followed by a crash to PS4 dashboard as well.

GrimeyDog
18-11-2015, 13:27

Question... the in Car Master FFB Sliders are they Passive or Multipliers???

Do the in Car Master FFB sliders multiply the settings within them or do they just let the Raw Fx,Fy,Fz, Mz signals pass through them according to how it the Master is set???

Ex: Master 100 , Fy 35 = 35 Fy pass through or is it Master 35, Fy 100 = Fy cut to Master or Multiplied by in Car Master Slider ?.

If this can be answered it will make a Big Difference in how i approach setting the in Car FFB . thanx

Bruno Alexandre
18-11-2015, 15:29
Question... the in Car Master FFB Sliders are they Passive or Multipliers???

Do the in Car Master FFB sliders multiply the settings within them or do they just let the Raw Fx,Fy,Fz, Mz signals pass through them according to how it the Master is set???

Ex: Master 100 , Fy 35 = 35 Fy pass through or is it Master 35, Fy 100 = Fy cut to Master or Multiplied by in Car Master Slider ?.

If this can be answered it will make a Big Difference in how i approach setting the in Car FFB . thanx

I'm not able to provide you a proper answer in that matter, but if i recall that's one of the things which is covered by the FFB Guide that the community made: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29907-Force-Feedback-Guide-for-Project-CARS

vahagn_hayk
19-11-2015, 02:52
another issue i have, is every time i start the PS4, i have to re-calibrate the wheel and pedals, otherwise if I don't and go into a session, single, practice or multiplayer, wheels and pedals are way off! and tested the same on my cousins G29, same thing! ??? is this a bug, wanted feature or what is it exactly and why?

Bruno Alexandre
19-11-2015, 08:08
I havn't seen that happening with the CSW V2, do you have a G29 or Logitech wheel also ?

Fong74
19-11-2015, 08:29
I aggree. Never happened to me with a CSWv2, too.

vahagn_hayk
19-11-2015, 11:34
hi guys, alright some more tests done, FFB loss happening with CSW V2, G29 and T100. (have cousin and racer friends, happened online session and practice, solo too)
random tracks, just happens, have o close game pCARS and start up again, calibrate wheel and pedals then is back normal. all is good until new session, in new session FFB loss, then start again at close game and so on. reproduced on all 3x wheels

Edit1: friend in Germany also has it on his CSW V2!!!

Fong74
19-11-2015, 13:19
To be more precise:

1. I do experience FFB losses almost every day when using pCars with my CSWv2; mostly the first time I exit the pits after booting up and launching the game
2. All of my racing mates with CSWv2s experience FFB losses
3. To 90% a return to pits, restart the wheel base solves the problem; remaining 9% is resolved by restarting the game (PS-button, close application); the last 1% is resolved by closing the game and rebooting the PS4

Me and all of my mates never had to re-calibrate anything, except after deleting the savegames, which gives you a naked pCars.

Bruno Alexandre
19-11-2015, 13:43
To be more precise:

1. I do experience FFB losses almost every day when using pCars with my CSWv2; mostly the first time I exit the pits after booting up and launching the game
3. To 90% a return to pits, restart the wheel base solves the problem; remaining 9% is resolved by restarting the game (PS-button, close application); the last 1% is resolved by closing the game and rebooting the PS4

Me and all of my mates never had to re-calibrate anything, except after deleting the savegames, which gives you a naked pCars.

We're aware of them and still working in order to find the source of the issue.

Fong74
19-11-2015, 13:49
Very good to know that, Bruno. Thanks for the info.

If we can support you guys in any kind of testing to narrow the issue down, please just let us know. Im sure there are quite some dedicated pCars users that will love to help.

Bruno Alexandre
19-11-2015, 13:57
We know how to repro it on a constant basis, so that part is covered. Now it's just a matter of finding the needle in the haystack.

Fong74
19-11-2015, 14:15
Oh, thats good to hear! The repro part is an important one for sure.

Could you share some info what the user can possibly omit doing or how he could behave in general to be able to reduce the frequency of the FFB loss happening?

GrimeyDog
19-11-2015, 14:34
To be more precise:

Very Strange... I Have Not Had these Issues....I Lose FFB every now and Then but its usually after i let the wheel sit for 5 to 10 Min while in the Pits and im using the controler to Tweek the Car settings...also i make sure that when i back out of the Pit that i use the buttons on the wheel to exit the pits and go to the Track.

I been getting FFB loss after 6.0 at Oulton Park GP same section of track same 2 corneer every Lap!!!...Very Strange but i need to Check to Make sure that all the screws inside the V2 wheel & Hub are Tight before i Report it as a issue... I will test this when i get off work then Report back.

vahagn_hayk
19-11-2015, 14:52
thank you Bruno that is great news and great news to be able to repro it! thx again and also @Fong74!! great news!

Fong74
19-11-2015, 14:53
To be even more precise:

If I loose FFB (which is every second day I would say), it most likely happens going out of the pits for the very first time after turning the PS4 on and starting pCars. After the wheel restart all works perfectly throughout the whole evening.

So its not an big issue to me tbh. Of course I will be very glad if it gets resolved, as sometimes the loss occurs while changing the session in an online lobby. Its always a thrill before a race starts, if the FFB is still there....which is no good. We all test our FFB before the league races start, too.

I got the loss some times after changing a car/track combination, too. But that was very few times. Some of those particular losses could only be removed by restarting the game and once only by restarting the PS4 (that was back with v4.0 afair).

And because the behaviour feels somehow inconsistent, I was asking Bruno if he possibly could give us some hints how we could reduce the chances of the loss to occur.....e.g. press the pedals and turn the wheel while heading out the pits; or do the opposite and dont touch anything etc etc

I do not use the controller at all or at least try not to use it as I had the gut feeling this could make the FFB loss issue worse. Now after your hint, Grimey, Ill will do it, just to see what happens over time.

vahagn_hayk
19-11-2015, 14:54
Oh, thats good to hear! The repro part is an important one for sure.

Could you share some info what the user can possibly omit doing or how he could behave in general to be able to reduce the frequency of the FFB loss happening?
@Fong74, since i did not why i had the FFB loss, it was part of the procedure for me and i thought thats the correct way to calibrate it and what not...thx for clarifying it though, that i don't have to do it!

GrimeyDog
20-11-2015, 01:49
i checked my csrews in my hub and rim made sure all were tight snapped rim back on and no loss of FFB tonight at all 4+ hours of racing... FFB feels great with the New Tire Model.

vahagn_hayk
20-11-2015, 14:48
@GrimeyDog, thx for your post, got me excited and tried the same, unfortunately did not help. still have FFB loss, from session to session...

RomKnight
20-11-2015, 15:38
Only time I've seen/hear about FFB loss doesn't matter the wheel, it was caused by overheating (constantly clipping FFB) but since there are here who knows how to tweak properly and this is the first thing to take care of, i'm curious to know the answer and if it is in anyway related to the wheels getting VERY hard to turn like spring at 200% or something. Bruno might remember the calibration days with spring at 100% ;) - it is the same symptom and cured with ALT-TAB on PC (ofc).

I know this is not PS4 directly related but little reports sometimes help all.

PS: never had such issue on my CSWv2 on PC or PS3 in GT5/6 or shift and s2:u

Bruno Alexandre
20-11-2015, 16:31
Only time I've seen/hear about FFB loss doesn't matter the wheel, it was caused by overheating (constantly clipping FFB) but since there are here who knows how to tweak properly and this is the first thing to take care of, i'm curious to know the answer and if it is in anyway related to the wheels getting VERY hard to turn like spring at 200% or something. Bruno might remember the calibration days with spring at 100% ;) - it is the same symptom and cured with ALT-TAB on PC (ofc).

I know this is not PS4 directly related but little reports sometimes help all.

PS: never had such issue on my CSWv2 on PC or PS3 in GT5/6 or shift and s2:u

Currently it's just on the PS4 that this is felt.

vahagn_hayk
20-11-2015, 18:27
@Tiago Fortuna, even if you dial everything down and test it session to session on (G29, CSW V2 and TM T100) , same thing happens, loss of FFB (has nothing to do with overheating) I know the overheating issue was there for TM T300 users, but this is completely different issue. I am sure SMS (@Bruno) they know what this is about, since they can also repro it and seems that is confirmed. we can now relax, sit back enjoy the races until it is patched along with steering ratio and camber :))) but would be nice to have this fixed, so don't have to constantly close the game (app) and start up again for sessions...becomes such a waste of time and especially when the evening is short already :))

RomKnight
20-11-2015, 19:05
I noticed and even mentioned that.

Another thing I recall with the same symptoms are not enough power on the USB ports (actually, connecting the CSPv2 on usb3 ports, a.e., may also cause issues like this one and it is even not recommended.

But this is just the same type of symptom and I don't own a PS4 or XBone.

Gsrhybrid
02-12-2015, 21:13

Fantastic. It'd be great for a simple stickied thread in this forum that describes what each does. Both In-Vehicle FFB and Overall FFB. :)