PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to reset seat position etc

Napalmhardcore
17-11-2015, 02:31
Hi,

I have a feeling that at some point I've fiddled with the seating position of a car or two. Is there a way to reset to default? I've spent pretty much all my time tweaking force feedback and hotlapping (not even started the career), so it wouldn't be a huge deal if I have to delete my profile (if that would acually do it). I'd just prefer not to if there is an easier way to do it.

vahagn_hayk
17-11-2015, 04:50
sadly no same problem here, asked but no answer so i am guessing there is no way

Fre.Mo
17-11-2015, 09:18
Using a keyboard you can hit Ctrl+k to acces to freecam mode and then push 5 key to reset view, unfortunately I think this setting will not be saved between sessions...

John Hargreaves
17-11-2015, 23:32
I think anything done with ctrl-k doesn't save anyway, so the only things that will be carried over to your next session will be movements you made with WASD (or whatever you have assigned them to) which are more limited range of movements and won't be that far from default. Pretty sure that the only way to reset all the changes made at once would be a profile delete, and that does no harm every now and then.
I often change the seat positions in most cars, and once you get used to it, it's pretty quick to change them again the same way as you altered them in the first place.
Hope this helps a bit.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
17-11-2015, 23:47
If you're OCD about using "factory" settings, I would say some of the seat positions seem incorrect, so setting it to what looks right to you is probably just as good. In the Palmer Jaguar prototype, It was low enough that I couldn't see the track sometimes at Imola. I've seen others say the Toyota 86 was off-center.

Napalmhardcore
18-11-2015, 01:32
If you're OCD about using "factory" settings, I would say some of the seat positions seem incorrect, so setting it to what looks right to you is probably just as good. In the Palmer Jaguar prototype, It was low enough that I couldn't see the track sometimes at Imola. I've seen others say the Toyota 86 was off-center.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'd describe myself as being borderline on the OCD front. I nearly drove myself insane once trying to alter the camera files in RFactor because the way cockpits had been modelled in some mods meant that the proportions of FOV for the cockpit and the outside world seemed to differ from other mods. I abandoned RFactor all-together after that (though I intend to return to it at some point). It's also one of the reasons that the decision to go with premium/standard cars in Gran Turismo annoyed me so much. I ended up using the first person (or bumper camera as some describe it, though it is at the drivers height) for all cars because of that. Mind you, I didn't like the hand animations in Gran Turismo anyway. The next best solution would have been bonnet/hood cam, but annoyingly Gran Turismo doesn't have one, only a roof cam (GRRR!!!).

It's good to know then that the factory settings can be taken with a pinch of salt. In fact, on reflection it is likely I didn't alter the settings (knowing that I'm a bit OCD) and I've simply encountered one of cockpits that is a bit off.