PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS Xbox One Patch 6.0 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
17-11-2015, 08:06
Hi all,

Good news, the Xbox One version of the patch has been approved and should be rolling out later today. :)

Here are the release notes for the Xbox One version...

Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 6.0 – Release notes

• NEW – host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session.
• NEW – mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
• NEW – option to set race length by time (also available in Quick Race).
• NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
• NEW – dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.
• Fixed an exploit where a player could be awarded a win by jumping the start.
• Fixed an issue where, if the host is forcing realistic driving assists, the player wasn’t able to toggle the allowed assists on or off while in-race.
• Fixed an issue where, if Forced Default Setup is used, the pit crew would not change tyres until they’re completely worn. The tyres will now be changed when at least one tyre is worn down by 25% or more.
• Improved VOIP quality for the in-game chat system.

Career
• Fixed a bug where drivers in a simulated series can all end up with ‘INVALID NAME!’.
• Fixed a bug where AI opponents would attempt to use DLC cars that are not installed.
• The player will no longer be offered a contract renewal for a DLC contract, if they've since uninstalled that DLC.
• DLC Career contract emails earned while a DLC was installed, are no longer shown if DLC is then uninstalled.
• If the player’s current contract is a DLC contract and the player uninstalls this DLC, the career season using this DLC contract will finish for the player when entering Dashboard and they will have to pick from valid contract offers to continue (or reinstall the uninstalled DLC).
• Fixed an issue where the Modified Cars Pack and Limited Edition DLC Invitationals and Accolades were visible for players who do not own these DLC packs. Entering these invitational events would cause the player and AI to be in non-matching vehicles.
• Fixed an issue where at times the pit crew wouldn’t change the tyre set to the one selected in pit-strategy.

Controls
• Fixed an issue where remapping KERS would stop it working.
• Fixed an issue where changes made to Gamepad Advanced Options were not saved.

Tracks
• Zolder – fixed a potential ‘landmine’ issue.
• Le Mans – adjusted the 55th garage spot to correct an issue where the cars would hit the pit wall on exiting this spot.
• Donington – all layouts – fixed an issue where cars would make contact with the left side wall when exiting some garages.
• Road America – pre-race camera tweaked to prevent the camera from clipping with the ground.
• Ruapuna Park – all layouts – fixed an issue with the last garage spot being outside garage area.
• Mojave – all layouts – fixed an issue with floating tyre skid marks, fixed an issue with rain being visible inside tunnels, and placed visible barriers in areas where the player is not allowed to drive.

Vehicles
• Bentley Continental GT3 – fixed DLC livery windscreen banners.
• Ruf CTR3 SMS-R – increased default tire pressure to work better with tire warmers.
• Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny – fixed an issue with the windscreen banner.

Physics & AI
• AI – improved awareness and look-ahead to help with situations in multi-class races, where AI in a fast car would fail to avoid the player and AI in much slower cars.
• Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
• Implemented support to remove detached wheels from the track after a certain amount of time.

GUI & HUD
• Vehicle selection – manufacturer page now orders icons alphabetically.
• Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.
• Minor updates to Career Dashboard – motorsports & DN Profile buttons are now tiles consistent with other tabs, Inbox is now full screen with clearer indication of highlighted mail, and initial Accept Contract Offer screen now has improved layout and clearer indication of signature button.
• Improved Race Central screen – better balanced background image, removed gradient in top-right corner.
• Track layout map images are now displayed on the quick track selection screens.
• Fixed an issue where ‘Invert Camera Y Axis’ text was being displayed as ‘Automatic Clutch’.
• Updated the Xbox One controller image to the new Elite Controller.

General
• Fixed an issue during pit stops where the pit crew mistakes ratio was too high.
• Driver name tags above cars can now be turned on for replays.
• Entering the pits during a Time Trial will now invalidate that lap’s time.
• Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.
• Fixed a power-down timing related save data corruption issue.
• Fixed an issue where the game failed to display the account picker if the user resumed the game without signing into a profile after instant-on.

STEELJOCKEY
17-11-2015, 08:10
Awesome news, though not sure about the race timer issue. Enough said in other threads, so....enough said from me

Otherwise, cant wait for the download to start

Bealdor
17-11-2015, 08:12
Just a little heads up:

As with all Patch Notes threads, we are NOT discussing what is NOT in the patch. There are other places for that. Future comments of the same will be removed.

mauriziocima
17-11-2015, 08:52

Many thanks for this - I will try this out.

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 08:58
• Fixed an issue where the game failed to display the account picker if the user resumed the game without signing into a profile after instant-on.

really interesting fixes here...hopefully it helps as intended and also with dashboard crashes!

Thanks for the update! =]

Beltoon
17-11-2015, 09:28
Great job guys! Awesome to see the patch this quick!

Can't wait to try the improved game chat. Racing a cup with 2 seperate party chats is such a hassle.

wOoDsTeR16
17-11-2015, 09:30
Wicked news!, keep up the good work guys!

odemode
17-11-2015, 09:37
Where is this stated?

Great job guys! Awesome to see the patch this quick!

Can't wait to try the improved game chat. Racing a cup with 2 seperate party chats is such a hassle.

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 09:40
Where is this stated?

here: • Improved VOIP quality for the in-game chat system.

odemode
17-11-2015, 09:41
here: • Improved VOIP quality for the in-game chat system.

That excited I missed it, thanks

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 09:49
That excited I missed it, thanks

not a problem. Not sure how much this will fix chat, but it is great to see SMS still working on it.

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-11-2015, 09:55
Nice! I cannot wait to kick all the idiots who have been joining the lobby to cause trouble, and to kick out people who join and make the game lag so badly its un-driveable.

Nice work SMS. ;)

Robhd
17-11-2015, 10:28
Great job... Nice surprise when i powered up Xbone today and patch was here already!

wOoDsTeR16
17-11-2015, 10:29
I've just had a proper read through the notes and I have to say that's one impressive list guys, sms are sticking 2 fingers up at the people who thought the 2 year support for this game was all talk!. Keep it coming guys, remember you have another 2 fingers on the other hand :P

RoccoTTS
17-11-2015, 10:33
This game is going from a "good" game to a "brilliant" game !!!
Many thanks for all the updates and patches !!!

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-11-2015, 10:36
Great job... Nice surprise when i powered up Xbone today and patch was here already!

You have the patch?

Robhd
17-11-2015, 10:41
Yes..3.5gb downloading now, i am in uk

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-11-2015, 10:46
Yes..3.5gb downloading now, i am in uk

Ahh, 1 hard reset later.....patch downloading ;)

Polishing my kick boots................... ;)

HenTheKing
17-11-2015, 10:54
Stuck this on after plugging away at forza for a month or so, it's just better lol.

Is the data save thing something to do with setups not saving? Please say yes!

HenTheKing
17-11-2015, 11:00
Wut :confused:

HenTheKing
17-11-2015, 11:03
Whut

JohnSchoonsBeard
17-11-2015, 11:07
League/Club Races in Private rooms - dealing with the reduced race end issue in non timed races.

Here's an idea from one of my group's members (CRAP pCARS on GTPlanet) for dealing with the end of race countdown issue in private rooms until someone from SMS realises it's implementation was a mistake (percentage option selectable by host please)

Add an extra lap to the race.

The winner could announce they've finished both verbally and then by stopping at the end of the straight following the finish line. As others finish they form a stationary queue behind the winner. All can press the option button for the race order/fastest lap info and once everyone has crossed the line do a screen capture of the result. Then everyone can follow him/her home for the last lap at the winners desired pace for a victory lap. If everyone finishes in that order and keeps their car from exploding all is good with the results screen too along with in game podium stats etc.

Any close finishes where the drivers aren't sure of position can still be dealt with by reviewing the replay (if you're able to save the replay).

Of course it's not ideal and doesn't work in timed races but it's a workaround for now.

Also below is a solution from the PS4 thread.

We had the same idea yesterday but encountered some possible issues from an organizer point of view (e.g. two cars crossing the finish line very close to each other before the down lap) which makes checking the replay necessary. One can do that, but there is an other way to overcome the 75% timeout issue. Basically you put the additional lap at the beginning of the race....a classic out lap.

Pre-condition:
Your league racers are willing to start races using a self-imposed flying start (we do this anyway as we have qualifying sessions during the week to determine which racer is participating in which lobby and taking which place in the grid; so we have to sort ourselves into the correct starting position somehow anyway; as pCars does not offer any option to do that, we needed to find a solution for that)

Solution:
- Start the online race session with all cars in the grid
- Do an out lap and do it fairly slow (we run 80-120 kmh but will reduce that if needed)
- Define a suitable starting procedure (we use the moment when the pole car accelerates; it can do so shortly before crossing the start/finish line at the end of the out lap)
- Race until all cars get the checkered flag; the final standings page shows all necessary infos as expected

What you get is a slowest time of ca. 3 minutes in Brno for example. 75% of that is ca 135 seconds, which is enough for every one to finish the race before the timer runs out.

You can manipulate the race end timer by altering the out lap speed/time.

odemode
17-11-2015, 11:42
Please tell me the bug thats cooking the tyres after this patch will get fixed before patch 7.0!!

Don't these things get tested???

Bealdor
17-11-2015, 11:44
Please tell me the bug thats cooking the tyres after this patch will get fixed before patch 7.0!!

What bug? If you mean to heating behaviour adjustments, that's not a bug (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1171959#post1171959).

odemode
17-11-2015, 11:47
What bug? If you mean to heating behaviour adjustments, that's not a bug (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1171959#post1171959).

I'm praying I'm wrong. Will read uo, my apologies if I am

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-11-2015, 12:12

No, I think you will find there is a bug.

The tyres used to heat up too quickly anyway, 4-5 laps, tyres could be so hot they just dont have grip. Now it can be done on your outlap.

I've just done a 6 lap race on Hockenheim National, and had 3 red tyres after 2 laps. I used to only really get a red front left, but this is just stupid.

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 12:20

The tyres used to heat up too quickly anyway, 4-5 laps, tyres could be so hot they just dont have grip. Now it can be done on your outlap.

I've just done a 6 lap race on Hockenheim National, and had 3 red tyres after 2 laps. I used to only really get a red front left, but this is just stupid.

Just done the same with the Merc SLS GT3.Totally killed the rear left in 3 laps.Front left wasn't much better :confused:

Fractured Life
17-11-2015, 12:21

Don't be saying that, I already cook the front left on EVERY track lol

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 12:23
Don't be saying that, I already cook the front left on EVERY track lol

It's that x5 lol

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 12:26
in case you are too lazy on to click on the link =p

From Casey(SMS):

"Nailed it. What we've learned is that the rubber can get hotter than we thought before certain compounds phase change and do other weird stuff. A loaded tyre surface might be closer to 200°C when sliding now rather than 165°C. That means more heat energy building up in the tread, so if you abuse the tyres by scrubbing them excessively or using a compound too soft for the track-weather combination, they are more likely to overheat now. Greater long term penalty for short term mistakes. As Tiago noted, the performance is still in there, but you have to work harder/smarter to get it without killing your rubber. For one quick lap, manage the starting temps and burn them up. If you want to run quick over a full race distance, think more about tyre management and not just turning fastest laps one after another for an hour."

It isn't a bug...but I can see a lot of people struggling with it lol....This game is a sim, innit? =]

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-11-2015, 12:29
I have tyre wear set to off. The game is just cooking tyres.

Whatever the tweak to the heating up was, its needs to be put back how it was, then do the opposite of whatever this patch has done. Then tyres might last more than 5 laps.

Its like someone have moved the heating slider the wrong way.

HenTheKing
17-11-2015, 12:31
Just noticed the tyre heat. 2 laps of the glen and my two fronts are red.

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 12:32
in case you are too lazy on to click on the link =p

From Casey(SMS):

"Nailed it. What we've learned is that the rubber can get hotter than we thought before certain compounds phase change and do other weird stuff. A loaded tyre surface might be closer to 200°C when sliding now rather than 165°C. That means more heat energy building up in the tread, so if you abuse the tyres by scrubbing them excessively or using a compound too soft for the track-weather combination, they are more likely to overheat now. Greater long term penalty for short term mistakes. As Tiago noted, the performance is still in there, but you have to work harder/smarter to get it without killing your rubber. For one quick lap, manage the starting temps and burn them up. If you want to run quick over a full race distance, think more about tyre management and not just turning fastest laps one after another for an hour."

It isn't a bug...but I can see a lot of people struggling with it lol....This game is a sim, innit? =]

A GT3 tire should last more than 2-3 laps of hard racing!

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-11-2015, 12:39
I just want to run quickly for 5 laps with soft tyres. Cars in real life can run fast for 5 laps without the tyres melting. My temps were all around 265-270 degrees.

Also, its racing, if your not running quickly or atleast trying to, whats the point? How will someone catch the cars infront if they cant go flatout?

It probably a great tweak for steering wheel users, but its a complete shaft for controller users.

SMS, I would like an option to turn off tyre heat, and just have the car with optimal heat in the tyres, regardless of the scrubbing. Yes its a sim, but I'm using a controller, I can already turn damage, and fuel, and tyre wear off, so can you add heat to that list please. It wont change the game in the slightest for the wheel users or flame proof racing suit wearers.

I've reported the bug. Flame on.

Thanks for the KICK function, that part is greatly appreciated.

Slawek_9
17-11-2015, 12:46
Great job with this patch 6.0 !!

But when we will be able to use the keyboard in the game ?

Thank you :)

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 12:47

That's up to Microsoft!

beetes_juice
17-11-2015, 12:47
Great patch guys. Finally have to worry about the tires; no more quali laps for 20+laps.

Edit: To everyone freaking over the tires: Why not go take a read on the linked thread on the first page and here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page71) and then take a look at your tune.

wOoDsTeR16
17-11-2015, 12:48
I have tyre wear set to off. The game is just cooking tyres.

Same here, 4 laps and there cooked!

SpeedFreakDTM
17-11-2015, 12:49

I think the keyboard is the last thing on most peoples minds. How about we have a perfect game, then add things like keyboards.

Sounds like there is a new "hotter" issue than keyboards.

wOoDsTeR16
17-11-2015, 12:52
there is a new "hotter" issue than keyboards.

lol Lame!

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 13:02
I am still to try the new tire model, but this seems like an interesting read: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/patch-release-notes-and-discussion-thread.328663/page-18#post-11092861

I guess if you want to do short races like Forza and go hot lapping 5 laps in a row you better turn tire deg off....

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 13:42
I am still to try the new tire model, but this seems like an interesting read: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/patch-release-notes-and-discussion-thread.328663/page-18#post-11092861

I guess if you want to do short races like Forza and go hot lapping 5 laps in a row you better turn tire deg off....

Not sure what the heating issue has to do with Forza?

Mahjik
17-11-2015, 13:46
I have tyre wear set to off.

Just FYI, while I'm sure you know this but the tire wear setting has nothing to do with the heating model of the tires.

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 13:53
I'm fully aware this change was made for the correct reasons(Temp),but for me it seems it has been over done.
In GT3 spec anyway.I just don't get when settings are tweaked that things become so far away from where they were.

beetes_juice
17-11-2015, 14:02
This post sums it up flat-out: This is from F1_Racer68 here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page63)

Can I just ask one simple question?

Why does everyone seem to immediately assume that just because something no longer works the way it used to, that it is now broken? Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe it was broken before and is now in fact fixed?

As an example, let's look at NuNu2's post

Ok so this patch broke tyre temps. I take soft tyres and 2 laps out of the pits on Dubai in a BMW z4 GT3 and my front left is red hot, ive done over 200 laps here over the past month and never had this issue, so i spent the last 2 hours trying to fix it with setups, I tried the following. Track temp is 102f

Maxed out pressure in front left (nothing happens)
Minimum pressure in front left (nothing happens)
max toe out in fronts ( same temps but i get under-steer)
minimum toe out in fronts (same temps but over-steer)

I tried altering the cambers to every extent and i still overheat after 1 lap.
I tried hard tyres and the same happens.

You see where im going with this........
I can run a 1:55:2 consistently before this patch and now its 1:56:3

Please if im missing something here or are others having issues with tyre heat issues?
First, let me say that this is not directed at NuNu2 in any way. I am only using his post as an example since it has detailed data that we can compare to.

While I will not argue the temperatures question, I will make an argument regarding the slower lap times. NuNu2 commented above that he used to run a 1:55.2 consistently at Dubai GP.

When looking at laptimes for the REAL world, let's look at this year's 24 Hours of Dubai:

"DUBAI (8 January, 2015) – With a lap time of 1:57.562 minutes, Austrian driver, Martin Ragginger, was fastest in qualifying for the tenth running of the Hankook 24H DUBAI."

Source: http://www.motorsport.com/endurance/...ours-of-dubai/

Also, the fastest RACE lap in this year's 24 Hours of Dubai was a 2:00.323 set by the Black Falcon 2 SLS AMG GT3.

Source: http://www.creventic.com/uploads/fil...e-laptimes.pdf

To me, this looks like the performance of the tires has been too high all along and things are being brought back in line with reality.

Congratulations to NuNu2 for an impressive GT3 laptime around Dubai, but let's remember that that laptime was unrealistic. Correcting something that was flawed is FIXING, not breaking.

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 14:12
This post sums it up flat-out: This is from F1_Racer68 here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page63)

I totally get that.I'm not saying its broken,its just a world away from what it was.
I just feel you need to learn the game all over again.

toffee
17-11-2015, 14:26
I drove about 10 laps on the Zolder McLaren GT3, the tire temperature was about 80-90 degrees. Yes, if you will often slide and opened early, then you will quickly overheat tires. I think it teaches many to protect the tires.
Prior to patch 6.0, I often saw many drivers do not drive carefully, and they got away with it.

Do not forget a this is simulator! Thank SMS, very good update!

KkDrummer
17-11-2015, 14:35
I totally get that.I'm not saying its broken,its just a world away from what it was.
I just feel you need to learn the game all over again.

This may be the case. Try slowing your laps down a sec. and think where the race line is and stay there in a nice and consistently manner...it should be fine!

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 15:46
Any 'tips' would be appreciated for rear Tyre pressures on Merc SLS Gt3.
Can control the heat in the fronts but the left rear in particular is causing me real problems with the patch.

bluesky0870
17-11-2015, 17:32
Does the new tyre (over)heat management affect the AI too? Especially when the AI goes through grass or gravel to overtake? Does the AI have to go slower to prevent the tires from overheating?

bluesky0870
17-11-2015, 17:35
Any 'tips' would be appreciated for rear Tyre pressures on Merc SLS Gt3.
Can control the heat in the fronts but the left rear in particular is causing me real problems with the patch.

You can try to decrease downforce, to increase tyre pressure and/or to set camber nearer to 0.0.

Flat_out
17-11-2015, 18:04
You can try to decrease downforce, to increase tyre pressure and/or to set camber nearer to 0.0.

Thanks.Tried this but to no avail.
Will keep plugging away.

PTG Baby Cow
17-11-2015, 20:16
very exciting. Just fired this up again last night to try my replacement wheel, felt amazing. Getting better with every update.

odemode
17-11-2015, 20:50
My RUF GT3 time on Monza GP before update was a 1:45:462, after update I can not get any where near it and my best is a 1:46:648. Will the boards get reset now because this clearly is unfair

Dynomight Motorsports
17-11-2015, 21:13
Has the WEATHER and TIME resetting every session been fixed?

BulletEyeDK
17-11-2015, 21:20
Thanks SMS for continous support for this great game :D

nissan4ever
17-11-2015, 22:21
I'm fixing to hop on & try out the patch. Good work SMS.

BulletEyeDK
17-11-2015, 23:35
cant figure out how to enable player names in replay, i've mapped a button for 'player names', but that doesnt help

Mahjik
18-11-2015, 00:00
cant figure out how to enable player names in replay, i've mapped a button for 'player names', but that doesnt help

In the game options, Opponent Names must be set to "ON", not Single Player only or Multiplayer only, but ON.

BulletEyeDK
18-11-2015, 00:19
In the game options, Opponent Names must be set to "ON", not Single Player only or Multiplayer only, but ON.
ahh thanks that did the job ;)

NeonFlux
18-11-2015, 07:38
I'm fully aware this change was made for the correct reasons(Temp),but for me it seems it has been over done.
In GT3 spec anyway.I just don't get when settings are tweaked that things become so far away from where they were.

I'm really pleased the host kick function has been implemented... thanks SMS, very much appreciated.

But I agree with the above. I use a controller which probably doesn't help but I do drive fairly smoothly and have never had a problem before. As someone who has raced GT3 almost every night since patch 1.0 I am now struggling to do 2/3 laps before my tyres go red.

I agree with another of Flat_Out's comments - every time these changes are made I feel like I have to learn the game all over again. Someone has also mentioned the time trial leaderboards - changing the cars like this removes any notion of a level playing field as most of the times that have already been posted have been set under very different conditions.

I get that some people like this as it makes it more "sim" but for me it's just a bit too much. I just want to come home from work at night and race, not spend forever retuning cars I've already spent an age on. I know tyre management forms a part of racing but tbh it isn't something I want to worry about - even F1 drivers complain about it !

There are fair few people like me who want a more "relaxed" version of this great sim - my lobbies have assists on, visual damage only, tyre wear and fuel off and most nights I have a full room with a fair few people joining me on a regular basis, a good indicator that people enjoy my approach! It would be fantastic if tyre temps could be turned off and we have an option to run races with optimal tyre temps. That way we get the best of both worlds. Those who want the full blown sim experience can play at tyre management and the rest of us can carry on racing :)

baznitch
18-11-2015, 07:44
Must admit it does make a massive difference using a wheel, lastnight I started with a pad and after 3 laps I had overheating issues where as the wheel no problem at all. It's alot easier to be smooth with a wheel.

odemode
18-11-2015, 07:44
There is definately something not quite right about the tyres after this patch.

Mittsy555
18-11-2015, 07:45
I'm really pleased the host kick function has been implemented... thanks SMS, very much appreciated.

But I agree with the above. I use a controller which probably doesn't help but I do drive fairly smoothly and have never had a problem before. As someone who has raced GT3 almost every night since patch 1.0 I am now struggling to do 2/3 laps before my tyres go red.

I agree with another of Flat_Out's comments - every time these changes are made I feel like I have to learn the game all over again. Someone has also mentioned the time trial leaderboards - changing the cars like this removes any notion of a level playing field as most of the times that have already been posted have been set under very different conditions.

I get that some people like this as it makes it more "sim" but for me it's just a bit too much. I just want to come home from work at night and race, not spend forever retuning cars I've already spent an age on. I know tyre management forms a part of racing but tbh it isn't something I want to worry about - even F1 drivers complain about it !

There are fair few people like me who want a more "relaxed" version of this great sim - my lobbies have assists on, visual damage only, tyre wear and fuel off and most nights I have a full room with a fair few people joining me on a regular basis, a good indicator that people enjoy my approach! It would be fantastic if tyre temps could be turned off and we have an option to run races with optimal tyre temps. That way we get the best of both worlds. Those who want the full blown sim experience can play at tyre management and the rest of us can carry on racing :)
+1 neonflux agree entirely with what you say

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-11-2015, 08:13
SMS, have you played this game with a controller? This patch was not tested with one, that's for sure.

There are lots of us who use controllers, and If the game is going to keep this new tyre heating system then I wont be bothering with the next game. You seem to think the changes you've made are a good thing, but for controller users its not.

Play the game with a controller for yourselves, please. You will get red tyres on your outlap, and definitely within 3 laps.

Try calibrating your wheels so that 10 degrees of steering equates to full lock, you might understand the problems that ALOT of people are now having.

Red hot tyres and the lack of grip that comes with them adds up to not much fun.

Fun is what makes people play the game over and over, its also what will make them buy the next one, or not.

Flat_out
18-11-2015, 08:31
SMS, have you played this game with a controller? This patch was not tested with one, that's for sure.

There are lots of us who use controllers, and If the game is going to keep this new tyre heating system then I wont be bothering with the next game. You seem to think the changes you've made are a good thing, but for controller users its not.

Play the game with a controller for yourselves, please. You will get red tyres on your outlap, and definitely within 3 laps.

Try calibrating your wheels so that 10 degrees of steering equates to full lock, you might understand the problems that ALOT of people are now having.

Red hot tyres and the lack of grip that comes with them adds up to not much fun.

Fun is what makes people play the game over and over, its also what will make them buy the next one, or not.

I tried the whole night to perfect my driving with the new GT3 tyre model.Impossible to push using a controller as once the tyres overheat that's them!
It has taken a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me ,and if this is how the Tyre model is going to stay in afraid I will probably play less and less.
I hope SMS might reign it back slightly,as I feel killing a Tyre in 2-3 laps is just too much.

And before the wheel snobs pipe up,I also have a wheel but play with a controller most of the time for convenience!

NeonFlux
18-11-2015, 08:36
I tried the whole night to perfect my driving with the new GT3 tyre model.Impossible to push using a controller as once the tyres overheat that's them!
It has taken a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me ,and if this is how the Tyre model is going to stay in afraid I will probably play less and less.
I hope SMS might reign it back slightly,as I feel killing a Tyre in 2-3 laps is just too much.

And before the wheel snobs pipe up,I also have a wheel but play with a controller most of the time for convenience!

Completely with you on this Flat_Out. It's taken a lot of enjoyment out of the game for me, I feel pretty deflated right now (no pun intended!)

LADY GEMMA JANE
18-11-2015, 08:44
great !

wOoDsTeR16
18-11-2015, 09:13

I use a wheel and have the same problems, and a lot of my friends are wheel users, where all getting reds on the out lap

Flat_out
18-11-2015, 09:18
I use a wheel and have the same problems, and a lot of my friends are wheel users, where all getting reds on the out lap

Going to give it a bash with my wheel tonight.See if it makes any difference.

P1ckN1cker2406
18-11-2015, 09:41

Yep me too. It´s a bit too much.

KkDrummer
18-11-2015, 09:45
I did a 10 lap race on single player at Spa last night. Aston GTE, AI 70%. Assists: real, tire ware: real, clear weather at 1pm. I did not have to change my driving style at all. I did push hard, like hot lapping, for 2 laps in a row, but the tires we were overheating too much so I had to switch back into racing mode again to cool them down and kept it like that for the rest of the race. I started last (20th) and finished the race on 6th place (made a mistake otherwise I would have fought for 5th)...the speed is still there! I was able to push hard when overtaking, but being fully aware that I had to manage my tires made the race even more fun. I also did a career race on an old Formula car, I think that is the 72 car, same story...could push hard, but had to manage my tires. If the purpose of Project Cars is to be a SIM, SMS should keep it as is.

Dynomight Motorsports
18-11-2015, 10:38

That's just it.. all of these Patches/Updates are done on PC with a Wheel, so any changes are pretty much hand-me downs to the consoles. I'd be really surprised if they truthfully and in good conscious test these patches on each console.

BTW also on a TX wheel with FFB tires still going red for first few laps. After that there is a point the Tires fall off a cliff in Grip.. Try driving a bit longer and you will see what I mean.

bigdaddyx2005
18-11-2015, 11:12
I drive with a tx wheel no problem here but I dont push my car to the limit every lap either. Soooo dont know I say it more like real racing if you push a car and tires to far they heat up if not then ok. in racing you hear it all the time save your tires so you think they are running there cars hard for the first part of a race dont think so. anyways each his own i like it maybe now it will slow down some of the guys that just go out and do hot lapping every lap instead of thinking about tire management..

bigdaddyx2005
18-11-2015, 11:15
That's just it.. all of these Patches/Updates are done on PC with a Wheel, so any changes are pretty much hand-me downs to the consoles. I'd be really surprised if they truthfully and in good conscious test these patches on each console.

BTW also on a TX wheel with FFB tires still going red for first few laps. After that there is a point the Tires fall off a cliff in Grip.. Try driving a bit longer and you will see what I mean.

this game was built for pc to begin with. and ported over to console I would say yeah they prob. dont test them on consoles. But in the end this game was made for pc and wheels. mostly anyway...which is fine by me cause console people for the most part dont know what true sim is..( and forza aint it).....

Miker
18-11-2015, 11:19
I'm not the best so read into this what you want, but I did some practice around spain last night with a GT3 z4, three 10 lap sessions,

1st Stint, - soft tyres, driving hard, I overheated them by lap 2, got the temp of the front left up to 136 degrees by about lap 5. The odd thing though was I did not notice any real drop off in performance as they wore/overheated, my fastest lap was a low 1.48 on lap 8

2nd Stint - hard tyres - again I managed to overheat these within a couple laps, temps not so high but still red, performance wise was a struggle and I barely managed to touch the 1.50s

3rd Stint - back to softs, increased tyre pressure a little and concentrated on smooth driving, managed to (just) keep my tyres in the green for the whole stint, and ran pretty much high 1.49s the whole time.

My conclusion is I like the change, it makes it a new challenge but unless I am running a long race, I'm better off just saying to hell with it and shredding my soft tyes!

Will try again tonight with some longer stints to see at what point it really becomes beneficial to manage my tyre temp....

beetes_juice
18-11-2015, 13:33
No issues with the wheel.

10+ laps around Silverstone in FA:

Started at 11am (10x), assists off, light cloud-medium-clear, on softs. Not once did my tires turn red during those laps. Closet they got were coming out of maggots becketts chapel complex and the front left cooled down on the hangar straight. I slowed my steering ratio a few clicks prior to running those laps.

Look we have to look after our tires now. Its not the end of the world. Just have to take a look at your tunes and driving style. Still stand by what F1_Racer68 said:

Correcting something that was flawed is FIXING, not breaking.

Edit: This is from Casey on the Tire Discussion Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page84) today:

FWIW, the bulk of testing for these latest updates was done on a Dualshock 4 controller. It rewards smoothness of input no matter what your controller type. We had conditioned a lot of players to poor driving habits because the tires were too forgiving. Very sorry about that, but those bad habits must be unlearned now.

Flat_out
18-11-2015, 13:44
No issues with the wheel.

10+ laps around Silverstone in FA:

Started at 11am (10x), assists off, light cloud-medium-clear, on softs. Not once did my tires turn red during those laps. Closet they got were coming out of maggots becketts chapel complex and the front left cooled down on the hangar straight. I slowed my steering ratio a few clicks prior to running those laps.

Look we have to look after our tires now. Its not the end of the world. Just have to take a look at your tunes and driving style. Still stand by what F1_Racer68 said:

Edit: This is from the Tire Discussion Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION/page84) today:

Gt3 is where most are finding heating issues.Merc and BMW's are pretty bad from my own perspective.

RoccoTTS
18-11-2015, 14:40
I also did a few test races. Did 4 10 lap races with different GT3 cars on different tracks without assists (except abs) with ai on 70. Sure you feel the difference, but every race i could keep my tires in green.
Only the left front tire was a little hotter, but i could keep the pace high enough.

beetes_juice
18-11-2015, 14:47
Gt3 is where most are finding heating issues.Merc and BMW's are pretty bad from my own perspective.

Good point. Started to realize that after reading more through the tire discussion thread. Will have to look at them tonight.

wOoDsTeR16
18-11-2015, 15:00

LMP1, the P30 ain't much better

beetes_juice
18-11-2015, 15:04
TS040 (seems to be good on tires) was manageable on softs around Dubai for 10+ laps but that's expected.

KkDrummer
18-11-2015, 15:13
I raced 10 laps at Spa in the GTE, no problems with overheating...I had to manage but totally doable, and most importantly fun! I think because GT3 cars are easy to drive people have been abusing them, now you gotta be aware of your tires and know when to push hard, or not.

Julien V10R
18-11-2015, 15:32
Hello,
We are many players encountered the same problem, tire temperatures rise much more than before and it is hard driving, but even more to the pad. The ideal would be to relax as you did on the track boundaries.
thank you
Julien V10R

Flat_out
18-11-2015, 15:43
Good point. Started to realize that after reading more through the tire discussion thread. Will have to look at them tonight.

Try Merc SLS GT3 on Hockenheim GP.Quite a handful!

NeonFlux
18-11-2015, 16:19
I also did a few test races. Did 4 10 lap races with different GT3 cars on different tracks without assists (except abs) with ai on 70. Sure you feel the difference, but every race i could keep my tires in green.
Only the left front tire was a little hotter, but i could keep the pace high enough.

Are you using a wheel or a controller?

RoccoTTS
18-11-2015, 16:55
Are you using a wheel or a controller?

TX wheel

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-11-2015, 17:10
TX wheel

Are you serious?

Have you actually read any of the comments from people complaining of over heating tyres?

There is 1 major difference between you and the people complaining.

If your using a wheel, and don't have a problem, why are you even in here? Go play the game, with your wheel, and tyres that don't melt after 3 laps. Enjoy.

RoccoTTS
18-11-2015, 17:15
Are you serious?

Have you actually read any of the comments from people complaining of over heating tyres?

There is 1 major difference between you and the people complaining.

If your using a wheel, and don't have a problem, why are you even in here? Go play the game, with your wheel, and tyres that don't melt after 3 laps. Enjoy.

Yes i read all the comments and yes i know most of the problems are with a controller.
Am i not allowed to give my experience with a wheel ? Or am i missing something ?

edit : why so hostile ? I just gave my opinion !

Jezza819
18-11-2015, 17:25
I have a TX wheel and the Bentley GT3 I drove last night didn't have a problem but both the Mustang GT4 and the Aston GT4 sure did. Both left fronts glowing red after 2 laps or so. Those were the only 3 cars I tried.

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-11-2015, 17:30
Yes i read all the comments and yes i know most of the problems are with a controller.
Am i not allowed to give my experience with a wheel ? Or am i missing something ?

edit : why so hostile ? I just gave my opinion !

Where is the hostility? I asked if you were serious? Its mainly a controller issue, not a wheel issue. You have no issues, others do, so you saying everything is ok, is an insult to all the people who clearly are having issues.

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-11-2015, 17:34
I have a TX wheel and the Bentley GT3 I drove last night didn't have a problem but both the Mustang GT4 and the Aston GT4 sure did. Both left fronts glowing red after 2 laps or so. Those were the only 3 cars I tried.

I take it, pre patch 6.0 you had no such issues with the tyres?

If someone were to tell you, its you, and you have to re-learn how to drive, or maybe sims aren't for you, would you find that helpful at all? That seems to be what SMS are saying.

I guess we all have to invent a new way of steering, not sure thats going to work..........

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-11-2015, 17:47
Here is the solution to the RED tyres. 1 outlap and 1 qualifying lap. No red tyres. McLaren 12c GT3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUK05qIqjmA

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-11-2015, 17:49
Here is what happens when you actually qualify/race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPn2UeO57DA

STEELJOCKEY
18-11-2015, 18:39
I don't see a problem with it, it is a sim after all, simulating what happens in the real world.

Most qualifiers only do a hot lap or 2 before slowing down and resetting themselves and the tyres, before having another go, or putting on new tyres.

The outlap is used to warm the tyres also, not as a qualifying lap itself and not taken at flat out speed until usually the last couple of corners to get up to qualifying pace.

Race times are considerably slower due to tyre management over many more than just 1 lap.

beetes_juice
18-11-2015, 18:45
Race times are considerably slower due to tyre management over many more than just 1 lap.

F1 for example

Brazilian GP fastest Qualifying Lap: Rosberg 01:11.282

Brazilian GP fastest Race Lap: Hamilton 1:14.832

odemode
18-11-2015, 20:26
I've tried low pressures, medium and high pressures all of which produce red tires after 2 laps

https://youtu.be/lCEdzKqlAOk

Jezza819
18-11-2015, 21:03

If someone were to tell you, its you, and you have to re-learn how to drive, or maybe sims aren't for you, would you find that helpful at all? That seems to be what SMS are saying.

I guess we all have to invent a new way of steering, not sure thats going to work..........

I didn't have any issues pre 6.0 patch.

I'll have to look at my settings. If I had tire wear set to NO and it's doing this then I won't be happy at all. I have a feeling though that it's set to REAL. Still not too happy with them going red that quick.

bluesky0870
18-11-2015, 21:23
F1 for example

Brazilian GP fastest Qualifying Lap: Rosberg 01:11.282

Brazilian GP fastest Race Lap: Hamilton 1:14.832

Completely the same circumstances? Or were there differences in track temperature, choice of tyre compound and tyre wear, amount of fuel, weather conditions between qualifying and race?

Schnizz58
18-11-2015, 21:25
I didn't have any issues pre 6.0 patch.

I'll have to look at my settings. If I had tire wear set to NO and it's doing this then I won't be happy at all. I have a feeling though that it's set to REAL. Still not too happy with them going red that quick.
The tire wear setting has no affect on tire temperature.

NavyFlipper HUN
18-11-2015, 23:09
Awesome patch SMS! Thanks again!

Tires ok! Just have to drive the car carefuly just when You drive a race car :D
Thats the true...should be reconsidered the cars setups!

Mahjik
19-11-2015, 00:25
Completely the same circumstances? Or were there differences in track temperature, choice of tyre compound and tyre wear, amount of fuel, weather conditions between qualifying and race?

The only time there will be a large difference between days on a track (or one day in this case) would be if the track wet (and it wasn't). Even if one day was sunny and the next cloudy, the difference in lap times would be at most 1 second or so. It wouldn't 4-5 seconds difference.

GLR Viper58
19-11-2015, 01:06
Ran the battle bunny event again post 6.0. Default set up. Fanatec wheel. Not pushing particularly hard, in fact 1 sec slower than my best time. Front tires running 258 front left and 242 front right at 1:58 pace at lap 3 at the glen. To get under 1:57 the temps rose to 264 in the left front. To keep the fronts under 230 my lap times needed to be right around 2:01. I don't believe I am a particularly unskilled driver nor am I hard on tires as a rule. Note the top times are about 1:52 in this event. At that pace I suspect I would be shedding quite a bit of molten rubber.

Sankyo
19-11-2015, 06:05

You don't need to re-invent steering, you need to learn tyre management.

odemode
19-11-2015, 06:54

I ran three quite different tyre pressures on the same track last night. I was hitting very simular lap times on all three pressures yet the tyres were overheating after 2 laps on all three setups.

May I add I couldn't get within a second to my time pre patch

Sankyo
19-11-2015, 06:56
I ran three quite different tyre pressures on the same track last night. I was hitting very simular lap times on all three pressures yet the tyres were overheating after 2 laps on all three setups.

May I add I couldn't get within a second to my time pre patch
Was that RUF GT3 on Monza GP?

odemode
19-11-2015, 07:04
Was that RUF GT3 on Monza GP?

Nurburgring

Sankyo
19-11-2015, 07:13
Nurburgring
I'll try and do some laps with the RUF GT at Nurburgring (GP layout I guess?) and see what happens for me. What's your lap times now?

odemode
19-11-2015, 07:24
I'll try and do some laps with the RUF GT at Nurburgring (GP layout I guess?) and see what happens for me. What's your lap times now?

Pre patch I hit a 1:44:508 and now I'm lapping at around 1:45/1:46 but my tyres are wrecked. I posted a video further back in this thread

NeonFlux
19-11-2015, 07:41

Will you be using a wheel? The vast majority of people who have a problem are using a controller. Flat_Out has already tested both a wheel and controller and confirmed that the tyre heating is much less pronounced with a wheel.

We're not a bunch of noobs who have no idea how to race - many of us have been racing for a decade or more. It feels like we're being treated like clueless idiots :(

We've shown a considerable amount of loyalty to this game and now it's basically like it or lump it :(

As would be expected the problem is far more pronounced on some tracks like Bruno and Sakitto. Tracks like Zuhai, Monza and Road American aren't really a problem but it seems impossible to manage tyres on some of the other tracks without severely compromising race pace.

I've tried Casey's controller settings which actually felt better than the ones I was using but it's not helped.

odemode
19-11-2015, 07:46
Will you be using a wheel? The vast majority of people who have a problem are using a controller. Flat_Out has already tested both a wheel and controller and confirmed that the tyre heating is much less pronounced with a wheel.

We're not a bunch of noobs who have no idea how to race - many of us have been racing for a decade or more. It feels like we're being treated like clueless idiots :(

We've shown a considerable amount of loyalty to this game and now it's basically like it or lump it :(

As would be expected the problem is far more pronounced on some tracks like Bruno and Sakitto. Tracks like Zuhai, Monza and Road American aren't really a problem but it seems impossible to manage tyres on some of the other tracks without severely compromising race pace.

I've tried Casey's controller settings which actually felt better than the ones I was using but it's not helped.

I've tried a controller and I could not use it since the update. Totally agree with your post, I too have been one of the few who has committed to this game.

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-11-2015, 07:47

No I don't need to learn tyre management. That has no place in a racing GAME.

You and SMS need to learn, controllers and wheels are different. With my controller I have about 20 degrees of movement. To your 270 degrees from your wheel. You try and manage your tyres with a controller. Lets see how you do it.

The majority of controller users are saying there is a problem. even some people with wheels are reporting the over heating. All you can say is, you need to learn tyre management. I've got a reply for that, but you'd just ban me.

If full lock is 10 degrees, and I only need to turn by 6-7 degrees to make the turn, Its not really gonna be possible to hold it at 7 degrees, its a quick thumb movement.

If you had any skill with a controller what so ever, you wouldn't have made the statement you did.

Its not tyre management I need , its a different racing game. One where the cars aren't changed on a monthly basis. One where the developers understand how controllers work. Which part of constantly changing the handling of the cars is SIM?

If you've got nothing helpful to say, be quiet and stick to moderating. Your one liners don't help either side.

Keep the tyre change and ignore the controller users - enjoy not many people buying the sequel. I mean, why would I buy Pcars2? I cant drive fast anymore on Pcars1 without melting tyres off the car in less than 4 laps. Thats just crap!

I've been on this game since release, I've discovered a few bugs, I even kept quiet about a game braking bug where anyone could win the race by jumping the start at the right time, Im honestly beginning to wonder why I bothered. We stuck it out and waited for the kick function, to start enjoying the game, now its been ruined,. The fun has gone. The game was already struggling for players.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 07:53
The only time there will be a large difference between days on a track (or one day in this case) would be if the track wet (and it wasn't). Even if one day was sunny and the next cloudy, the difference in lap times would be at most 1 second or so. It wouldn't 4-5 seconds difference.

The difference between new and used tires and/or tyre compound is unimportant than. As well as a possible different setup for quali and race.
I learn something new everyday.

Just for fun I did some research.
The fastest lap time in q was done with soft tires, the one in the race with mediums.
Qualifying track conditions: q: medium to heavy clouds, track temperature between 46°C and 48°C race: sunny, track temperature between 51°C and 57°C...

Is the difference of 3 1/2 seconds still explainable only or with a huge percentage by tyre saving driving? Or is it more due to different circumstances?
I was not able to find anything about different setups, but I could bet that the qualifying setup is adjusted more risky and to speed with less downforce e.g. while the race setup is adjusted more to consistence.

NeonFlux
19-11-2015, 08:01
I've tried a controller and I could not use it since the update. Totally agree with your post, I too have been one of the few who has committed to this game.

Thanks Odemode :) It's nice to have someone re-affirm what is being said.

P1ckN1cker2406
19-11-2015, 08:11
Tires overheat like hell also with a wheel. I tested the Aston Martin vantage gt3 at watkins glen and the tires are gone within 2 laps. Thats a absolute joke. Only way to stop tires from overheating is to drive like my granny with her opel Corsa. That has nothing to do with tire Management.

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-11-2015, 08:12
[Duplicate post] - Ignore

NeonFlux
19-11-2015, 08:20
Tires overheat like hell also with a wheel. I tested the Aston Martin vantage gt3 at watkins glen and the tires are gone within 2 laps. Thats a absolute joke. Only way to stop tires from overheating is to drive like my granny with her opel Corsa. That has nothing to do with tire Management.

You're spot on.... the only way to stop the overheating on tracks like that is by severely compromising your race pace. F1 tyres last considerably longer than 2 laps but the majority of drivers in that series don't like having to manage the tyres and many of the fans don't like it. There's talk of change so drivers can push more.... they want to race.... just like us !

wOoDsTeR16
19-11-2015, 08:21
I have to say, this idea of wanting us to "Slow down" cracks me up, go tell that to a REAL racing driver and you would get laughed at and start looking for another team!. I use a wheel and they still overheat. You finally get this game to round about where it should of been when it was released and then you go and make a whole new problem that was never there. In this case, I think you really should listen to your users after all the crash test dummy work we've done over the last 6 months.

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-11-2015, 08:25
I have to say, this idea of wanting us to "Slow down" cracks me up, go tell that to a REAL racing driver and you would get laughed at and start looking for another team!. I use a wheel and they still overheat. You finally get this game to round about where it should of been when it was released and then you go and make a whole new problem that was never there. In this case, I think you really should listen to your users after all the crash test dummy work we've done over the last 6 months.

WELL SAID!!!

+10

+100

The only time a racing driver will be slowing down, is when the gap between them and the car behind is too big for the car behind to close up. Or when they are pulling into the pits.

NeonFlux
19-11-2015, 08:32

Completely agree. It feels like an archaic version of the FIA is trying to screw us over... what's next? Water sprinklers on the track perhaps? lol

odemode
19-11-2015, 08:36
Me and Woodster both run a league side by side, both very successful. We both over the last 2 months have put a lot of time in to websites, facebook groups and general chit chat to keep everyone who takes part interested and up to date with this game. We have had players purchasing FFB wheels becuase they're so excited about "race night". The morale and friendship between previously strangers is immense. Every week that goes by we are all competing in TT to set the fastest lap ready for race night.

I do honestly feel though that this new tyre model will destroy everything we have worked for as I believe people are severely going to lose interest even more so than before. Expecting players to slow down when they have previously been tearing round setting world record times is just stupid in my book. We have our last race of our current season this Friday. We have two players who will be fighting for the championship, both who are very very fast, one on a pad and one on his new Logitech. Its only a game I know but in our group it means a lot to win (bragging rights)

Your game is very good, please patch it for the better not the worse

Sankyo
19-11-2015, 08:41
odemode has a TX wheel shown in his signature, so I take it that it is valid for me to use a wheel as well and compare results.

Race pace has to be compromised if race pace equals qualifying pace as is the case when tyre abuse isn't punished properly. I don't get it how people refuse to acknowledge that tyre management means not being able to got flat-out all the time. It's how real-life racing works as well. If it's severely compromising race pace, there has to be a large contribution of improper steering control when using a controller. I'll leave it open whether the game should then cater for the limitations of controllers by improving controller response or that people need to improve controller usage (maybe both), but when striving for realism then we should not compromise the game by going back to incorrect tyre heating behaviour.

Yet Casey reported no issue with preserving tyre temperatures when driving with a controller.

I fully understand that using a controller makes it more difficult to drive smoothly without scrubbing the tyres all the time. Maybe controller input filtering could be improved. Still, what's going on now is that realistic tyre behaviour has been introduced in the game that is aiming to be a full-on simulation, and people complain that when using a poor control method that makes the car's front wheels scrub all the time when cornering the game shows the consequences. This is a simulation, and if it properly shows the consequences of not being able to control a car then it's achieving its goal of being a simulation.

odemode
19-11-2015, 08:47
odemode has a TX wheel shown in his signature, so I take it that it is valid for me to use a wheel as well and compare results.

Please upload your laps after?

NeonFlux
19-11-2015, 09:02

Race pace has to be compromised if race pace equals qualifying pace as is the case when tyre abuse isn't punished properly. I don't get it how people refuse to acknowledge that tyre management means not being able to got flat-out all the time. It's how real-life racing works as well. If it's severely compromising race pace, there has to be a large contribution of improper steering control when using a controller. I'll leave it open whether the game should then cater for the limitations of controllers by improving controller response or that people need to improve controller usage (maybe both), but when striving for realism then we should not compromise the game by going back to incorrect tyre heating behaviour.

Yet Casey reported no issue with preserving tyre temperatures when driving with a controller.

I fully understand that using a controller makes it more difficult to drive smoothly without scrubbing the tyres all the time. Maybe controller input filtering could be improved. Still, what's going on now is that realistic tyre behaviour has been introduced in the game that is aiming to be a full-on simulation, and people complain that when using a poor control method that makes the car's front wheels scrub all the time when cornering the game shows the consequences. This is a simulation, and if it properly shows the consequences of not being able to control a car then it's achieving its goal of being a simulation.

Then the game should have been like it from the off.... not changed 6 months in. Believe me, I get the whole sim thing but it seems one of the worst parts of racing (a part that real life drivers are constantly complaining about) has been implemented to satisfy a small group of hardcore sim racers with a big FU to the rest of us. Talk about elitism.

For the record on the majority of tracks I can and have been managing tyres.... I got more wins last night than usual with a couple of fastest laps thrown in for good measure but this isn't how many of us want to race. It isn't how the majority of real life drivers want to race. Even Lewis Hamilton has complained about "tyre management".

At no point have I suggested the new model be removed, I've suggested that the ability to run races with tyre temps at optimal be implemented to provide a good fun experience for everyone but all of this appears to be falling on deaf ears.

odemode
19-11-2015, 09:07
For me I like the idea but they just seem to overheat way to quickly

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-11-2015, 09:23

No offence to Casey, but he's not going as fast and not getting hot tyres.
Maybe he cannot go any faster with a controller, but I can, and It melts the tyres. Its not just the front tyres. So its not just tyre scrubbing the fronts. The rear tyres melt too, with little to no wheel spin happening.

Im sorry for using a "poor" control method, and being able to get faster times that alot of wheel users, thats my bad. But the game was not sold stating a steering wheel would be required. The game was sold for a console. The primary input device for a console, is a controller. Every console comes complete with at least one shiny new controller. Not a steering wheel.

Maybe the input filtering does need some work, but right now, the tyres heat up too quickly.

You can keep on slating controller users abilities all you want, its the game's new tyre update thats the problem. But your wheel snobbery is coming out and your just trying to dismiss us as 12 year old kids who have not even driven a car in real life.

Go play it with an Xbox one controller. I reckon you will melt your tyres off even more than the people who have been using a controller for the last couple of decades every day.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 09:24
Then the game should have been like it from the off.... not changed 6 months in. Believe me, I get the whole sim thing but it seems one of the worst parts of racing (a part that real life drivers are constantly complaining about) has been implemented to satisfy a small group of hardcore sim racers with a big FU to the rest of us. Talk about elitism.

For the record on the majority of tracks I can and have been managing tyres.... I got more wins last night than usual with a couple of fastest laps thrown in for good measure but this isn't how many of us want to race. It isn't how the majority of real life drivers want to race. Even Lewis Hamilton has complained about "tyre management".

At no point have I suggested the new model be removed, I've suggested that the ability to run races with tyre temps at optimal be implemented to provide a good fun experience for everyone but all of this appears to be falling on deaf ears.

You have to accept that this game is a full sim. You are not able to drive clean in relation to tyre management. /sarcasm
Penalties and flags are really sim-like in this game too for example. As well as a fact that you can drive modern race cars without any assists and vintage race cars with tcs and abs. Do that in real life and see where you end or if your lap times still would be atop the leaderboard. Why not removing all options of driving aids then and only allow to use assists as in real life, because it is a sim? Can you imagine all the yelling?

odemode
19-11-2015, 09:32
Maybe an option to enable/diable tyre heat should be implemented. For me all assists in TT should be set to one standard to make it fair to everyone.

odemode
19-11-2015, 09:56
After some research I've found this but this is based on reality:

Tyres need to be scrubbed in properly or hot out the tyre warmers. If you go hard too soon you will only heat the outer part of the tyre and not the carcus meaning you'll wreck them.

Does this apply in game too?

Sankyo
19-11-2015, 10:47
No offence to Casey, but he's not going as fast and not getting hot tyres.
Maybe he cannot go any faster with a controller, but I can, and It melts the tyres. Its not just the front tyres. So its not just tyre scrubbing the fronts. The rear tyres melt too, with little to no wheel spin happening.
I think you're mistaken that rear tyres only roll and don't scrub when pushing it :) They will scrub, and hence overheat just as well eventually.

Anyway, what you're saying here is exactly the problem. You can go faster than Casey, and it melts the tyres. Hence, you're pushing too much. You need to manage your tyres, and go slower. The fact that you can go faster doesn't mean you should, and your tyres are telling you exactly why.

That's what racing with realistic tyres is all about. It's not a problem or a bug, it's a challenge intimately linked to racing.

Im sorry for using a "poor" control method, and being able to get faster times that alot of wheel users, thats my bad.
You're taking this the wrong way. I'm not saying that people using controllers are bad, stupid or poor games players in any way. I'm stating that a controller with limited analog resolution and range is a poor way to control a realistically modelled car. Nothing more, nothing less.

But the game was not sold stating a steering wheel would be required. The game was sold for a console. The primary input device for a console, is a controller. Every console comes complete with at least one shiny new controller. Not a steering wheel.
You're 100% correct. But that doesn't mean that people can just mash the controller around (purposely exaggerating here) and expect it all to work without consequences. We are simulating here what bad steering does on the tyres, so when not able to control the front wheels (either due to skill or due limitations of the control method) it will show in the abuse of the tyres.

You can keep on slating controller users abilities all you want,
As stated above, that is exactly what I'm not doing. Yes, people need to adapt and hence maybe learn new skills, but it's the controller that inherently is the main problem.

its the game's new tyre update thats the problem.
It's not a problem, since it has only introduced what real life does. With that, it only exposes the problem of what happens when the front wheels are not controlled properly, which until now went unpunished.

But your wheel snobbery is coming out and your just trying to dismiss us as 12 year old kids who have not even driven a car in real life.
You're way out of your league here. I didn't say nor hint on anything like that. Please keep personal insults to yourself when disagreeing and discussing with someone.

Go play it with an Xbox one controller. I reckon you will melt your tyres off even more than the people who have been using a controller for the last couple of decades every day.
Very probably, but that would only tell me that I'm not doing it right and I need to first try and improve myself. In the end, a wheel is a better way to control a car, so expecting to obtain the same amount of car control with a controller is unjustified unless you're very skilled or prepared to put effort into improving your controller skills.

Sankyo
19-11-2015, 10:49
After some research I've found this but this is based on reality:

Tyres need to be scrubbed in properly or hot out the tyre warmers. If you go hard too soon you will only heat the outer part of the tyre and not the carcus meaning you'll wreck them.

Does this apply in game too?
I think what's meant here is flash heating of the outer layer, which is exactly what we're talking about. I don't know, however, what the 'wreck them' part means. If it means a too high temperature difference between outer layer and carcass causing the rubber to break, I don't think that that's in the game yet.

odemode
19-11-2015, 11:15
I think what's meant here is flash heating of the outer layer, which is exactly what we're talking about. I don't know, however, what the 'wreck them' part means. If it means a too high temperature difference between outer layer and carcass causing the rubber to break, I don't think that that's in the game yet.

Baiscally if I push too hard too fast I'll lose grip where as if I take my time and heat them properly I'll maintain grip

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-11-2015, 11:16
Very probably, but that would only tell me that I'm not doing it right and I need to first try and improve myself. In the end, a wheel is a better way to control a car, so expecting to obtain the same amount of car control with a controller is unjustified unless you're very skilled or prepared to put effort into improving your controller skills.

LMFAO

So I have no issue in Formula Gulf, Group 5, DTM, Group A, but I do with GT3 since the update. And somehow its my lack of skill with a controller.

And thats not wheel snobbery?

Ive been using a PS2 dual shock of 2 years, an Xbox 360 pad for the next 7-8 years, and now Xbox one pad, and I need to improve my skills with a pad. Dude, the pad is an extension of my hands. Its part of me. I am at one with the pad.

Its the game.

Me and ALL the other people, wheel users and pad users saying GT3 tyres heat up too quickly, must just be a bunch of nooby kids then.

We're not! You and the game are wrong. Too many people are complaining for it to just be bad technique.

Don't worry about it, just ignore it/me/us. The community needed to be thinned out didn't it.

GrimeyDog
19-11-2015, 11:33
I did a Total Reset...Deleted Game and all Content, HD Game save and Cloud Game save...My Tire Temps are Much Much Better Now!!!
Before the Total Reset My Tires were Fried in 2 Laps!!! after Reset i Ran 7 Fast Laps Really Pushing it with No Tire Melt down.... I do get more Wear on them though.

odemode
19-11-2015, 11:44
I did a Total Reset...Deleted Game and all Content, HD Game save and Cloud Game save...My Tire Temps are Much Much Better Now!!!
Before the Total Reset My Tires were Fried in 2 Laps!!! after Reset i Ran 7 Fast Laps Really Pushing it with No Tire Melt down.... I do get more Wear on them though.

Not that I'm calling you a fibber but I don't believe this in the slightest

PPPMAT
19-11-2015, 12:17
A realistic simulation does not necessarily make for a good game - at the end of the day which is more important?

For my part - tires do heat up quickly and I can deal with that as long as the AI have to deal with that. HAs anyone answered whether that is the case?

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 12:21
A realistic simulation does not necessarily make for a good game - at the end of the day which is more important?

For my part - tires do heat up quickly and I can deal with that as long as the AI have to deal with that. Has anyone answered whether that is the case?

I asked that two 2 days ago, still no answer. I can imagine why...

wOoDsTeR16
19-11-2015, 13:20
This is getting beyond a joke!. No REAL racing car tiers are done in 4 laps, I'm all up for sim racing but this is getting more like dancing on ice for god sake!. Why fix something that was not broken?. The tiers need to go back to how they we're or this could well be the game breaker, how about a 6.1 fix for us xbox/ps4 users?.

beetes_juice
19-11-2015, 13:20
Test it yourself?

wOoDsTeR16
19-11-2015, 13:25
Test it yourself?

Is that aimed at me?

beetes_juice
19-11-2015, 13:39
Is that aimed at me?

negative. blue and ppmt.

This is though:

This is getting beyond a joke!. No REAL racing car tiers are done in 4 laps, I'm all up for sim racing but this is getting more like dancing on ice for god sake!. Why fix something that was not broken?. The tiers need to go back to how they we're or this could well be the game breaker, how about a 6.1 fix for us xbox/ps4 users?.

There not "done" after 4 laps. Back off the pace for a few corners and your golden. Do you expect to do qualifying laps for entire races? If there "done" after 4 laps then setup or driving style. Slowing down the steering ratio a few clicks helped me out on Silverstone in FA. Put a 28.9 down in FP last night.

Anyway, GT3 is what everyone is talking about and from my tests last night (GT3 hock/Brno) I don't see the problem. I'm on a wheel (kill me) but members doing controller tests are not finding issues in the Tire Discussion Thread. A few are still complaining but from videos posted over there they are going full lock and scrubbing. Take a look at bmanic's/jussis post over there.

I agree we should have an optional tire temp option in race/room setups but to say its broken is just wrong.

Correcting something that was flawed is FIXING, not breaking.

EDIT: Has anyone for a second thought to use the med/hard compounds? Everyone is soft,soft,soft. We have other tires.

F1 drivers were pitting as early as lap 5 in last years Brazilian GP. Softs arn't meant to last in any racing series.

wOoDsTeR16
19-11-2015, 13:45
negative. blue and ppmt.

This is though:

There not "done" after 4 laps. Back off the pace for a few corners and your golden. .

And when your backing off your losing time. If they wanted to make this game "More sim like" then they should of done it when it first came out, not 6 months down the line once we've all got use to it!.

Bealdor
19-11-2015, 13:51
And when your backing off your losing time. If they wanted to make this game "More sim like" then they should of done it when it first came out, not 6 months down the line once we've all got use to it!.

I don't know mate, AC pushed out a big tire update a few weeks ago and nobody is complaining about that.
All sims are constantly updated after release. iRacing was first released in 2008(!) and they're still updating the tire physics.

cluck
19-11-2015, 13:53
And when your backing off your losing time. If they wanted to make this game "More sim like" then they should of done it when it first came out, not 6 months down the line once we've all got use to it!.Sims change over time as tyre models are refined, errors in code found and adjusted. As players we have to adapt, just as any real life racing driver will have to adapt to changing rules and regulations over time. A tyre model is never "just done", it is always being refined as new information comes to light, along with new ways of thinking.

Take any of the major sims out there and I will guarantee that not one of them has been released and had zero work done to the tyre modelling subseqeuently. iRacing's new tyre model being a classic example :).

EDIT : Dammit, I got eel'd :o.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 13:59
Test it yourself?

there's no need to test it. The AI doesn't have the same tyre model than we have. It was given a way easier calculated one to save a lot of CPU power.

beetes_juice
19-11-2015, 14:01
And when your backing off your losing time.

Yep that's how it works. Adds an element to the sim that it was missing...tire management.

If they wanted to make this game "More sim like" then they should of done it when it first came out, not 6 months down the line once we've all got use to it!.

Understandable, but I dk I see it as they are striving for the most authentic sim experience. We were on training wheels prior to the latest patch in regards to tires. Time to learn. Not directed at you but to everyone. We all need to take a look at our driving style.

Again, tires are apart of the car. We need to take care of them now....like in the real world.

beetes_juice
19-11-2015, 14:05
there's no need to test it. The AI doesn't have the same tyre model than we have. It was given a way easier calculated one to save a lot of CPU power.

Don't see the problem in running a 15-20 lap race against the AI with tire wear x3-x6 to find out for yourself.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 14:11
Don't see the problem in running a 15-20 lap race against the AI with tire wear x3-x6 to find out for yourself.

Again, there is no need to test it. If you wanna test it do so.

SpeedFreakDTM
19-11-2015, 14:51
Im slow at this game and gt3 was my favourite. But now it's just no fun, yeah I'm scrubbing my wheels, I'm not very smooth and since this patch I'm just not enjoying it any more. It was easily the best racer on the xbox, but it's just not now. I had got used to gt3 and I don't really have the time to start learning new cars or classes. Please fix it for your pad players Sms.

wOoDsTeR16
19-11-2015, 15:03
Im slow at this game and gt3 was my favourite. But now it's just no fun, yeah I'm scrubbing my wheels, I'm not very smooth and since this patch I'm just not enjoying it any more. It was easily the best racer on the xbox, but it's just not now. I had got used to gt3 and I don't really have the time to start learning new cars or classes. Please fix it for your pad players Sms.

Well now you have to learn to drive even slower mate, yours along with a lot of others views don't count, its a sim racer so get use to it :)

beetes_juice
19-11-2015, 15:07

Casey posted his pad settings over on the Tire discussion thread here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1174087#post1174087) if you haven't tried them out. Few guys have thanked him over there for that. Saved the game for them.

Slowing the steering ratio has helped pad users also.

EDIT: LOL.....just trying to help out here.

Neg: Game is wheel focused admit it..

The game is representing a simulation of driving. I'd say its safe to assume that a driving sim will cater to someone with a wheel.

odemode
19-11-2015, 17:10

Has this happened yet?

NeonFlux
19-11-2015, 17:38

I agree but a 6.1 isn't going to happen. There'll be no fix or solution until it's acknowledged that there is a problem.

It's clear people think the problem lies with the way we are driving (although I don't understand why this is only happening to me in GT3?) and that we need to learn to drive. But it's OK, eventually we'll all shut and go away. I've even been told that maybe sims aren't for me.... I've been playing the game for 6 months with no issues and loving every minute of it, guess that means this game wasn't a real sim until patch 6.0.

I was planning on playing this game until Project cars 2 was released and then move on to that, needless to say those plans have changed rather rapidly. I've tried Casey's controller configuration and already have my steering set to slow... I suppose I could spend the next few weeks re-tweaking my set ups but tbh right now the whole process just seems tedious.

I found this earlier - it's from a review The Telegraph did on 2 September 2014: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-previews/11070572/Project-Cars-hands-on-preview.html

"You can ignore whichever elements you want, including the simulation handling model. Part of the way Slightly Mad is trying to have the game appeal to everyone is by including all of the assists associated with the famous console 'simulators' like Forza. Turning these on makes things rather straightforward, with even rain and minor collisions having little effect on your ability to get the car safely and quickly around the track."

It seems the "appeal to everyone" bit is out the window now. I didn't see this article prior to release but I wish I had as it goes on to say:

"In fact, delicacy is so important that a control pad feels woefully insufficient for the task at hand once you've experienced what is possible with a racing wheel. Racing game veterans will already be well aware of this as a reality that rings true for most examples of this genre, but rarely has a racing wheel felt so essential for a game coming to consoles. I've now played the game on a PS4 pad and a 360 pad (on a PC) and in both cases there just isn't enough sensitivity or range of motion to you allow to make those subtle inputs, particularly when racing in wet conditions."

I guess the lesson learnt is to do some in-depth research before investing time, effort and money into a game.

mkstatto
19-11-2015, 20:32
I was getting this issue before the patch, but considering its listed as a fix in these notes it might be the best place for it.

I seem to be getting a lot of wheel motion (i.e. side to side) through the force feedback when my tires are quite worn on GUI. I'll add that i'm using the TX.

Mahjik
19-11-2015, 20:39
Is the difference of 3 1/2 seconds still explainable only or with a huge percentage by tyre saving driving? Or is it more due to different circumstances?

3.5 seconds would be due to tire/engine saving. They likely have fuel/engine maps for qualifying and race (but I don't follow F1 close enough to know the rules around fuel/engine maps but I know other professional level racing series do have different maps for the different scenarios). Sure there are difference between the compounds, but 3.5 seconds is a huge difference at the F1 level which couldn't be from just tire differences. Just look at how non-competitive McLaren/Honda are at being about 3 seconds off in qualifying.

AdM1
19-11-2015, 20:43
Some of the excuses I read in here are quit frankly laughable.

Sounds like it's going more for a wheel only direction (kind of expected with a 'sim' title). I'd have to test it myself to see how bad things have got though.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 20:58
3.5 seconds would be due to tire/engine saving. They likely have fuel/engine maps for qualifying and race (but I don't follow F1 close enough to know the rules around fuel/engine maps but I know other professional level racing series do have different maps for the different scenarios). Sure there are difference between the compounds, but 3.5 seconds is a huge difference at the F1 level which couldn't be from just tire differences. Just look at how non-competitive McLaren/Honda are at being about 3 seconds off in qualifying.

Can you agree that 1 sec is the soft/med compound difference?
One more second higher track temperatures + higher downforce?
And half to 1 sec engine/fuel mapping?
that means 1 sec max for tyre saving and not 3.5 secs due to preventing tires from overheating as a user wants make to believe.

Mahjik
19-11-2015, 22:45
Can you agree that 1 sec is the soft/med compound difference?
One more second higher track temperatures + higher downforce?
And half to 1 sec engine/fuel mapping?
that means 1 sec max for tyre saving and not 3.5 secs due to preventing tires from overheating as a user wants make to believe.

No, I don't agree with that logic...

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 22:54
No, I don't agree with that logic...

Does not surprise me at all.

SpeedFreakDTM
20-11-2015, 07:22
Casey posted his pad settings over on the Tire discussion thread here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1174087#post1174087) if you haven't tried them out. Few guys have thanked him over there for that. Saved the game for them.

Slowing the steering ratio has helped pad users also.

Didn't help. Steering was on slow anyway.

Ixoye56
20-11-2015, 08:31
I have no problem to adapt to the new tire physics, but I drive with the steering wheel, a simple solution for those who play with controler is to give us an option to turn it on/off as an helping aid.

mkstatto
20-11-2015, 09:07
I was getting this issue before the patch, but considering its listed as a fix in these notes it might be the best place for it.

I seem to be getting a lot of wheel motion (i.e. side to side) through the force feedback when my tires are quite worn on GUI. I'll add that i'm using the TX.

I forgot to add last night that this was with a LMP1 with tire wear at x6.

tclancey
20-11-2015, 10:31
I've noticed a great improvement in general frame rate with this release, and I haven't noticed any of the dreaded stuttering while the xbone is online.

I don't know how much of this is your work or the dashboard release, but the improvements keep on coming. Great stuff.

RTA nOsKiLlS
20-11-2015, 11:25
Skip to 3m30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxeO2V8mL44

beetes_juice
20-11-2015, 17:22
Didn't help. Steering was on slow anyway.

Ehh worth a try.

beetes_juice
20-11-2015, 17:23
Some of the excuses I read in here are quit frankly laughable.

Sounds like it's going more for a wheel only direction (kind of expected with a 'sim' title). I'd have to test it myself to see how bad things have got though.

Love ya bud ;)

Psychomatrix
21-11-2015, 21:52
I'm really unsure if it makes sense updating the game to 6.0. After all im trough with this game, where tyres overheating for no reason and maybe after 6 month again new tyre management system. No thanks. The problem in pcars is that you get no response from the tyres when you use a controller. Thats makes hard to manage the tyres. Maybe I have no problems or maybe not. So I stay at 5.0 and don't play anymore online and buy no dlc (because for that I must have 6.0) and wait for the next patch.

ian2726
22-11-2015, 00:54
Anyone else get wet tyres when forced pit is on?
I've had it almost every time. If setup us locked and force pit is on I get wets.

Jezza819
26-11-2015, 05:34
In my garage I'm getting that I ether have to load a setup or create one. I can't edit the one it has now. Finish the race, go back into the garage and it won't allow you to edit the current setup. Only occasionally will it allow you to edit the current setup of a car you've chosen.

Wizards ZA
03-12-2015, 16:36
Since patch 6.0 my game crashes back to dashboard a lot while I'm negotiation the menus. When I try and change cars or try to start a race for instance. Before the patch I hardly ever had this problem.

satco1066
04-12-2015, 14:55
found new bug in Garage - Take Photo. Seems to be since 6.0 to 6.2
While painting i go to my garage, select car , custom livery and klick Take a Photo.
Turn and zoom to see the result of my work.
Leaving the photo mode the car will be total unsharp, also when i change in this example to 125cc Shifter Kart.
Reenter Photo Mode. The zoom is totally wrong and i cannot zoom out to useful view.
To reinitialize i have to go some steps back in the car selection