PDA

View Full Version : Weather progression - Sync to race still not working in patch 6.0

mcgeeza
17-11-2015, 13:54
This is actually laughable now.

Sync to race option still not working with new patch and it hasn't worked since the beginning. If you select random weather slots and choose the sync to race option it stays sunny for the entire race and the current and predicted weather indication just shows the dice icon and says "Random Weather".

Please fix it. Thanks.

BigAlex
17-11-2015, 18:07
I have read somewhere that Time progression must be set as well. Otherwise it won't happen.

Zenzic
21-11-2015, 08:06
A few days ago I set up an online lobby with the settings below. Sync to race worked as it should.

Qualifying: 15 min
Race: 72 min - 43 laps
Weather: Sync to race, based on google. Slot 1: medium clouds, slot 2: heavy clouds, slot 3: heavy clouds, slot 4: light rain.
Weather progression: sync to race.
Time: Race day, 15:00 PM
Time progression: x20
Force interior view: No
Force manual gears: No
Force realistic driving aids: Yes
Damage: Full damage
Mechanical failures: Yes
Tire wear: Real
Fuel usage: Real
Flags and penalties: On
Tuning: Free

lmntr
21-11-2015, 15:24
I have not done much testing with sync to race but the couple of times I used it, it seemed to work well. I believe that you are required to choose the weather slots and not simply leave it at random, and then select sync to race. I am confused with the above. You managed to set the weather both at sync to race and X2?

Zenzic
21-11-2015, 15:42
My bad. We decided on sync to race, but I forgot to change that in the event thread. I'll edit my reply above.

DusterBuster
30-12-2015, 21:36
Hi,

in my case it only seems to work with Laps, not with timed races.

mcgeeza
01-03-2016, 10:30
Hi,

Just checked to see whether this is working after 9.0. Still no joy. Has this issue ever been looked at by the devs?

Bealdor
01-03-2016, 10:35
Are you running pre race sessions (practice, qualifying, etc.)?

t0daY
01-03-2016, 10:39
Sync to Race is working in the MP. We are doing our events always with Sync to Race and all weather slots are coming soon or later :D

Our last event was on Silverstone GP. We used Overcast -> Rain -> Overcast -> Storm. After lap 7 it started to rain. Around lap 19/20 it stopped again. Lap 32 the storm was kicking in. The race was 45 laps long.

mcgeeza
01-03-2016, 10:42
No. This is in single race as well as multiplayer and when going straight into a race. It's pretty easy to reproduce. Just select random weather slots and set 'Sync to Race' and the weather will be 104 degrees for the entire race. Not sure whether the same problem exists on PC and Xbone.

mcgeeza
01-03-2016, 10:43
Yes it works if you choose the weather slots but if you select random weather it stays sunny the entire race.

RomKnight
01-03-2016, 10:43
I guess it is related to the same thing as real weather in online (where I still don't know where the sync option is). As soon as you change the virtual start time it defaults to clear, light cloud, 25 ambient and 35 track temps. It could take the real whether from the PC clock time regardless of the virtual start time, I thing.

And reseting everytime the session changes (this was introduced at some point) doesn't make sense either

mcgeeza
01-03-2016, 11:25
PS4 doesn't have the real weather option so it must be a separate issue.

inthebagbud
01-03-2016, 11:56
Excuse my ignorance but what does sync to race actually do if you have picked certain weather slots, how do they play out during the race

We are looking to run a series with weather so I am looking at the possibilities

Thanks

Bealdor
01-03-2016, 11:59
Excuse my ignorance but what does sync to race actually do if you have picked certain weather slots, how do they play out during the race

We are looking to run a series with weather so I am looking at the possibilities

Thanks

Sync to race adjusts the duration of the weather slots according to the number of laps.
Let's say you're doing a 30 lap race and set up 3 weather slots, the weather will change every ~10 laps.

t0daY
01-03-2016, 12:05
Sync to race adjusts the duration of the weather slots according to the number of laps.
Let's say you're doing a 30 lap race and set up 3 weather slots, the weather will change every ~10 laps.

I can add to this if you are using 1x Weather Progression each slot will approx. take about 1 hour. 2 times progression half an hour and so on...

inthebagbud
01-03-2016, 17:01
Thanks for the replies

Would the weather slots be in an order decided by the software (random) or in the order you selected them

I can add to this if you are using 1x Weather Progression each slot will approx. take about 1 hour. 2 times progression half an hour and so on...

so in Bealdors reply the game adjusts the length of weather slots to the length of the race which is simple to understand - number of laps/divided by weather slots and presumably the same would happen with a time race 30 mins long 3 weather slots each slot is 10 mins

So is your scenario is for when we do not use "sync to race" and you can manually set the weather progression to match your race length and I presume the weather slots if shorter than the race length they then just repeat

so why is there 2 ways of doing this as they both seem like the same way of doing the same thing; surely I am missing something

Bealdor
01-03-2016, 18:41
Would the weather slots be in an order decided by the software (random) or in the order you selected them

It'S in the order you selected them.

so in Bealdors reply the game adjusts the length of weather slots to the length of the race which is simple to understand - number of laps/divided by weather slots and presumably the same would happen with a time race 30 mins long 3 weather slots each slot is 10 mins

So is your scenario is for when we do not use "sync to race" and you can manually set the weather progression to match your race length and I presume the weather slots if shorter than the race length they then just repeat

so why is there 2 ways of doing this as they both seem like the same way of doing the same thing; surely I am missing something

There is no two ways of doing this. "Sync to race" just works as another weather progression multiplier. The only difference is that it's a dynamic one.

inthebagbud
03-03-2016, 21:38
Bealdor

Could I explore this a bit more and sorry if I am a bit late to the party

Just tried the sync to weather on a test MP on xbox

Practice 1 5mins
Qualify 5 mins
Race 4 laps

4 weather slots Clear, Light Rain, Storm, Fog

Throughout the Practice & Qualify the weather stayed clear but I experienced 1 of the weather slots on each of the laps .

So why did the practice & qualifying session have completely clear - is this because they are timed were as the race was based on laps

So I then went back and used

Practice 1 - 5mins
Qualify - 5 mins
Race - 5 mins

3 weather slots clear, light rain, fog - so based on the explanation of sync to race I should have experienced 1 set of weather per 5 mins but all remained clear

I did not do any resets during the session and time progression was real

I cant see what I have done wrong but it does not appear to have worked?

Bealdor
04-03-2016, 08:44
1) Sync to race does not work with pre race sessions enabled. I'm positively surprised though that it at least worked for the race session.

2) Apparently sync to race does not work with timed races.
I guess this is caused by the fact that the distance of a timed race is not fixed (depending on the time left when you cross the s/f-line for the last lap) and the system probably can't handle this, but I'm not sure.

3) Time of day and weather gets reset between race sessions since patch 5.0 which means that start of P, Q and Race are at the same time and start with weather slot 1.
Not sure if this is considered a bug or working as intended though.

inthebagbud
04-03-2016, 11:55
1) Sync to race does not work with pre race sessions enabled. I'm positively surprised though that it at least worked for the race session.

2) Apparently sync to race does not work with timed races.
I guess this is caused by the fact that the distance of a timed race is not fixed (depending on the time left when you cross the s/f-line for the last lap) and the system probably can't handle this, but I'm not sure.

3) Time of day and weather gets reset between race sessions since patch 5.0 which means that start of P, Q and Race are at the same time and start with weather slot 1.
Not sure if this is considered a bug or working as intended though.

So really sync to race is what it says on the tin and only actually works with the "race"

So do you have any suggestions as to how I can hold an event with multiple weather slots, as having each number of slots cycle in P,Q and R would seem a little crazy, I mean if Q was only 15 mins long and you had 4 weather slots this would be ridiculous but I don't see how you can set a grid without running a qualify session first?

I suppose I could use the sync to race option and have pre race sessions clear but again not the best

Are people having long qualify sessions

Sync to Race is working in the MP. We are doing our events always with Sync to Race and all weather slots are coming soon or later :D

Our last event was on Silverstone GP. We used Overcast -> Rain -> Overcast -> Storm. After lap 7 it started to rain. Around lap 19/20 it stopped again. Lap 32 the storm was kicking in. The race was 45 laps long.

In light of Bealdors reply I am assuming that you did not have any pre-race sessions like practice or qualify?