PDA

View Full Version : Tyre issues after latest patch

Old Pugs
17-11-2015, 21:35
Hi,

After patch 6, I'm finding that esp in dubai in the gt3 Audi on soft slicks, that the tyres only last 1 lap before they are totally red?

My setup before the patch was giving me qualify times in the mid 1.54 , but now I'm nearly 3 seconds off the pace as the tyres just over heat so quickly?? Anyone else having issues with this track and Using GT3?

My driving style is smooth so please do not say I need to learn to drive...

I'm asking as I have spent a lot of time on the setup and with a league race coming up this weekend, I'm quite annoyed that I will have to start all over again...

I'm using realistic driving aids and running sessions in clear weather.

biggbaddwolf
17-11-2015, 22:53
I have the same problem with rain tires every time, and on every car, and the only answers I have been given is the tire pressure is too low, so I have played around with tire pressures, even putting them as high as they will go, and it still doesn't fix the problem....but I guess the game developers are not even going to check into it :mad:

ChrisK
18-11-2015, 01:28
Hi,

After patch 6, I'm finding that esp in dubai in the gt3 Audi on soft slicks, that the tyres only last 1 lap before they are totally red?

My setup before the patch was giving me qualify times in the mid 1.54 , but now I'm nearly 3 seconds off the pace as the tyres just over heat so quickly?? Anyone else having issues with this track and Using GT3?

My driving style is smooth so please do not say I need to learn to drive...

I'm asking as I have spent a lot of time on the setup and with a league race coming up this weekend, I'm quite annoyed that I will have to start all over again...

I'm using realistic driving aids and running sessions in clear weather.

You do need to learn how to drive differently. Not learn how to drive full stop....that's just a troll comment used to get under your skin.

I had the same issues as you, I bumped the pressures up a tad. I had to adjust springs and sway bars to give me more grip and less slide. But most of all, I had to learn to drive slower. Sounds counterintuitive but it's the only way to avoid the tyres heating up.

I'll give you an example with the ruf gt3 at Bathurst
Pre 6.0 patch
Q lap on low fuel and soft tyres I'd be pulling low '5's.
Race pace: mostly '7's, with the occasional 6. very little heating issues at all cos of the long straights.

Post 6.0 patch:
Q lap low '6's
Race pace: mostly 8's and the occasional 9 to preserve tyres. And even then much hotter than normal.

It's just an adjustment. Don't attack the circuit on every lap and avoid riding curbs or going into the rough.

The heating model may be a bit too aggressive now but this may get better as we adjust to it.

Dubai and catalunya were a nightmare though. Tyres overheating constantly. Still haven't figure those out.

biggbaddwolf
18-11-2015, 03:19
I think it is more than driving technique..but if it isn't addressed soon, with more than just "add more air to the tires" this game will end up on the selling block like Drive Club, and The Crew!!

SUBGTRACER
18-11-2015, 03:31
I was running with Chris the one above you Biggbaddwolf and we were running the same car , mine with minimal tune and minimal changes to suspension and tyre settings , now Chris I know does a few changes maybe even more than a few , he was saying his tyres were red and at the same time on the same lap mine were a nice green , not one bit of wear ..........

I do believe Chris is correct in what he is saying that the tyre model has changed and you need to treat them better then we are used to. I actually enjoy the new tyre model it felt more realistic than it has done previously .......

It is a sim after all if you want to lock up before every corner I think you are going to suffer a little in the end.

biggbaddwolf
18-11-2015, 04:20
I was running with Chris the one above you Biggbaddwolf and we were running the same car , mine with minimal tune and minimal changes to suspension and tyre settings , now Chris I know does a few changes maybe even more than a few , he was saying his tyres were red and at the same time on the same lap mine were a nice green , not one bit of wear ..........

I do believe Chris is correct in what he is saying that the tyre model has changed and you need to treat them better then we are used to. I actually enjoy the new tyre model it felt more realistic than it has done previously .......

It is a sim after all if you want to lock up before every corner I think you are going to suffer a little in the end.
But it seems weird that it only does it on me whenever I am running rain tires, and I generally use ABS so my tires never completely lock up going into corners, and while it doesn't show any wear, my tire icons are completely red before I get in even one lap, then the car becomes very uncontrollable, just like it is on ice! Is that realistic? I wouldn't think so, but maybe it is. Oh and one more thing it is always the rear tires, never the front ones...

ChrisK
18-11-2015, 04:24
i actually don't have any setup for the bmw since i deleted the game before patch 5. maybe thats the issue. so mines standard apart from boost to 2.6, tyre pressures and i stiffen the rear cos i like it taily. same with the ruf. i run no assists on that car but im a much rougher driver than subby.

Old Pugs
18-11-2015, 09:14
Thanks for the comments.

So, the times i have been doing are now a thing of the past if i understand this correctly?

Plus most setups i have spent alot of time on will be pretty redundant as of the new tyre module??

I'm all for the changes, its just this game tries my patience alot...

Sankyo
18-11-2015, 09:31
Thanks for the comments.

So, the times i have been doing are now a thing of the past if i understand this correctly?

Plus most setups i have spent alot of time on will be pretty redundant as of the new tyre module??

I'm all for the changes, its just this game tries my patience alot...
Previous times are a thing of the past indeed, and possibly too quick compared to real life anyway.

As for set-ups being useless now, this is not a given. I think that driving style is 80% of the story, but I made that figure up out of thin air :) Still, with any set-up you can over-drive or preserve tyres so that's where to start IMO.

Old Pugs
18-11-2015, 10:17
Thanks Remco.

I'm going to play around with my setup at Dubai later. Before the update I had all temps perfect and minimal tyre wear, but now all 4 tyres on softs are red after one lap of pushing the car.

I use the DS4, so when tyres over heat it's a nightmare to control.

I take it that the new module will bring in the other compounds, fuel strategy into place as most in my league will just run softs all the time.

GrimeyDog
18-11-2015, 10:58
Driving the Gt3 Ruf on Wwatkin Glen Short My Time is down by 1 full Sec 1:08.5xx i used to Run Low 1:07.2xx with a Stock untined Suspension and could put in 10 laps running consistant 1:08.5xx with Minimum tire wear or tire Heat build up...Overal New Tire Model seems Good just cant push as hard for every lap...it makes PCars more Sim like and immersive because Now you have to Race with More Stratagy as its done in Real Life... I Like it!!!

Now the Rule is Race Smarter Not Harder.
When i race in Public Lobbys i always Make or Look for lobbys where Damage and mechanical Failure is on because those settings will Kill those SpaceMan Setups that some People Run....Ex: Fully Closed Radiator/Brake Vents etc... that kind of Set up wont last 3 Fast laps Now.

The Question is are they going to Reset the Leader boards because the Old Top Lap Times are going to be untouchable with this New Tire Model.

Kevin_1987
18-11-2015, 11:58
Well, now I have my answer; they changed the tyre model....

As of the update I'm overheating my tyres, for example; The Z4 GT3 at hockenheim on softs. Before the patch no problems, but now, I really have to cool them down after 4 laps or else the left and especially the left front will overheat fast! But at least it manageble.

Other example; the R18 E-Tron quattro on softs at Spa (part of the LMP1 championship), tyres are overheating after 2 laps! And I'm suffering massive oversteer since the patch.

Time to play around with the setups again.......

RomKnight
18-11-2015, 12:31
Another issue i'm seeing is that people just used softs and seem accommodated to this. Now the other compounds can be of use but not as fast and that suddenly is not accepted or something.

I don't get it :(

Sankyo
18-11-2015, 12:37
Well, now I have my answer; they changed the tyre model....

As of the update I'm overheating my tyres, for example; The Z4 GT3 at hockenheim on softs. Before the patch no problems, but now, I really have to cool them down after 4 laps or else the left and especially the left front will overheat fast! But at least it manageble.
Sounds pretty much spot-on compared to how real life racing is :)

Kevin_1987
18-11-2015, 14:41
I agree Remco and like I said, with the Z4 it's something you can manage.

But with the R18 E-tron, I'm now at Monza using medium tyres and playing around with the setup, they're still overheating after 2 laps in the dry...... Still not out on that one.

biggbaddwolf
18-11-2015, 17:04
Well I guess if they aren't going to fix the tire issues everyone is having, and it apparently isn't just me, then I will have to wait for GT7 next year, and see how bad it is messed up!! :grumpy:

Photonmonkey
19-11-2015, 11:11
Well I guess if they aren't going to fix the tire issues everyone is having, and it apparently isn't just me, then I will have to wait for GT7 next year, and see how bad it is messed up!! :grumpy:

I don't understand why you still think the tyre model is broken? The tyres are behaving more realistically with regards to heating and you have to adjust your driving style. If you are talking about wets they will be more susceptible to heat, I may be wrong but in what circumstances are the tyres overheating, if there are any dry areas of the track (and remember visibly you will not see this necessarily as correct me if I am wrong devs a drying line is implemented in the game but just not visually) so you could be killing them this way. What car are you in when it happens?

You say tyre issues everyone is having? You don't speak for me as I feel the tyre model is now more accurate so doesn't need re-patching IMHO

Haiden
19-11-2015, 11:58
Yeah... I see it more as a change to the model. I can't say it's bad. I think the old model just allowed us to over drive some cars without consequence. After 6.0, I didn't have any tire issues in the Formula C. But that's my favorite car, and the one I've driven the most miles in, so I drive that car far more smoothly than others. I tried the 78 Lotus, and the front left was one fire after a few laps. I raised the tire pressure a couple bars, took some downforce of the front, and was bit less aggressive exiting corners and saw an immediate improvement. And those were just quick changes. I'm sure if I spent more time tuning, I could find a new sweet spot.

Old Pugs
19-11-2015, 13:12
Update :

I was doing a 10 lap races on Dubai last night in clear weather with 30 min qualifying in the Audi R8 GT3.

Qualifying : To get a quick time, i have now adjusted the way i attack the hot laps. I now treat it like the old format of F1, were its a one shot chance. If i dont get the time i want, i coast around the next lap and cool off the tyres and then attack again. This is what works for me anyway.... I hit a 1.56.1, with a couple of mistakes which should see me in the 55's at least.

Race : I qualified 1st, good start and pushed hard for the 1st lap and half of the second lap. This gave me a good 2 seconds over the next car. I then proceeded to short shift and not attack corners on entry or exit for the next lap or so and then hit a quick lap and repeated this throughout. I won the race quite easily to be fair however tyre temps where through the roof. I was hitting 1.57 to 1.59 throughout the race trying to manage the tyres.

Set-up : Gone is my loose and fast setup. I have now added more downforce, reduced the stiffness of the suspension and really tried to make the car more stable and less prone to sliding and stepping out. This has helped but it needs work still..

Overall, im happy with the changes, it has added a new challenge for me and i no longer simply just fly away from most people on-line. I have to add that only tyre temp is the problem i have at the moment as tyre wear on softs is not harsh at all.

Elmo
19-11-2015, 13:21
Please continue the discussion in this thread, so we have all feedback in one place: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION