PDA

View Full Version : pit stop strategies are gone after 6.0

bluesky0870
17-11-2015, 23:49
As visible in the following picture my FA pit stop strategy is gone. The customized as well as the standard/preset one.

Further there are a lot of more pit stop strategies gone like the Audi R8 GT3, the BMW 320 Group 5, the Zakspeed Capri, Formula B, Formula C and so on. I should have a pit stop strategy for at least one car in nearly every race series.

OpticalHercules
18-11-2015, 03:16
Thought you could only have like 8 or 10 total strategies. I usually keep a wet and dry strat for each class I run as I go through each class. I remember last time trying to make new one for my most recent car it wouldn't let me create a new strategy and I had to delete an old one to make space. Maybe I just did something wrong, but I don't think so.

bluesky0870
18-11-2015, 06:11
Thought you could only have like 8 or 10 total strategies. I usually keep a wet and dry strat for each class I run as I go through each class. I remember last time trying to make new one for my most recent car it wouldn't let me create a new strategy and I had to delete an old one to make space. Maybe I just did something wrong, but I don't think so.

Maybe l did not recognize that one strategy was substituted/overwritten by a new one.
But nevertheless my customized strategy from 12th November as well as the standard one for FA are not there. And as you can see I even don't have the opportunity to delete a strategy on my own. The only available option is to create a new one.
Last used car class before FA was lmp1 in career season. That strategy is also gone.
On the other hand the shown strategy of the lotus 72d was used in the early days after release. Why is this still existent and the lmp1 (a fictive marek or whatever it is called, not the Audi r18) for example not?

cxMilk
18-11-2015, 16:50
IIRC, you highlight the strat you want to delete and press A and then the option to delete appears. Bit of an awkward system by including an extra step if you ask me, but perhaps it's meant to prevent accidental deletion?

OpticalHercules
19-11-2015, 02:54
That screen does seem odd now that you mention it. My screen normally shows three options, one for Create, Rename, and Delete. I'll have to check again when I next play, maybe it has changed with one of the last two patches. I haven't done anything requiring pit strats since then. Also, I'm limited to 8 total strategies in my list.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 08:01
IIRC, you highlight the strat you want to delete and press A and then the option to delete appears. Bit of an awkward system by including an extra step if you ask me, but perhaps it's meant to prevent accidental deletion?

To answer last question first. There's a warning notification that pops up when you are going to delete your strategy.
I played a bit around yesterday evening and found exactly out what you are saying about the menu structure. Thank you.
But still no preset strategy for FA after deleting others, where is the strategy l created 1 week earlier? And so on.
I shouldn't really wonder and think about that, and l really don't do. Simply deleted some strategies and created a new one. The rest will always be a riddle to me that l don't need to solve.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 08:12
That screen does seem odd now that you mention it. My screen normally shows three options, one for Create, Rename, and Delete. I'll have to check again when I next play, maybe it has changed with one of the last two patches. I haven't done anything requiring pit strats since then. Also, I'm limited to 8 total strategies in my list.

The screen that you are mentioning shows up when you are pressing A in "my" screen.

The number of slots for strategies is definitely 10 in my case as you can see. And I could swear there were more and different ones. As well as l for sure never deleted strategies manually before.

bluesky0870
19-11-2015, 08:23

To answer last question first. There's a warning notification that pops up when you are going to delete your strategy.
I played a bit around yesterday evening and found exactly out what you are saying about the menu structure.
But still no preset strategy for FA after deleting others, where is the strategy l created 1 week earlier? And so on.
I shouldn't really wonder and think about that, and l really don't do. Simply deleted some strategies and created a new one. The rest will always be a riddle to me that l don't need to solve.

Haiden
20-11-2015, 17:06
I never noticed the save limit. If there is one, it's probably because the game is built more around simulation racing. With that in mind, having a single strategy for each car isn't really ideal, at least not IMO. For example, for a single race--depending on the length--I could have at least five or more strategies lined up.

Soft, Fix Damage, No Fuel
Soft, No Damage, No Fuel
Damage Only
Fuel Only
Wet, Fix Damage, No Fuel
Wet, No Damage, No Fuel

I pretty much configure pit strategies on a per race basis, taking length, track, and weather settings into consideration. I don't see how I could get by with a single strategy for each car.

bluesky0870
20-11-2015, 20:05
I never noticed the save limit. If there is one, it's probably because the game is built more around simulation racing. With that in mind, having a single strategy for each car isn't really ideal, at least not IMO. For example, for a single race--depending on the length--I could have at least five or more strategies lined up.

Soft, Fix Damage, No Fuel
Soft, No Damage, No Fuel
Damage Only
Fuel Only
Wet, Fix Damage, No Fuel
Wet, No Damage, No Fuel

I pretty much configure pit strategies on a per race basis, taking length, track, and weather settings into consideration. I don't see how I could get by with a single strategy for each car.

I play career mode for 99% of the time. So there's no hurry when going into pits because the game is simply paused in opposite to the mp mode. Ergo I can adjust settings without any pressure of running out of time.

Thank you that I am not the only one who failed to notice the save limit. Or was it implemented by a patch? I really have no clue.