PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 6.1 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
18-11-2015, 15:05
Hi guys,

We just rolled out a patch on the PC with the following content:

PC Patch 6.1 Release notes

Online - Implemented a work-around that should fix the issue where at times only two peer-to-peer lobbies would appear in the browser.
Online - Reworked the dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 75% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races and passworded public races, the timer is 150% of slowest moving car's lap time.
Other - UDP integration (Tim will post further details in his dedicated thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming)covering this topic)

c172fccc
18-11-2015, 15:07
14.8mb

chig88
18-11-2015, 15:10
Hi guys,

Online - Reworked the dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 75% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 150% of slowest moving car's lap time.

Hate to be the one to ask, but is this coming to consoles as well?

KkDrummer
18-11-2015, 15:13
wow...my 6.0 is already feeling old lol

Based on this, I think it will come to consoles:

Other - UDP integration (Tim will post further details in his dedicated thread covering this topic)

Dmitry Afanasyev
18-11-2015, 15:15
Probably not. Just 1 not very important fix for all platforms. Others are PC only

TheBaldReverend
18-11-2015, 15:17
I'm not a PC gamer but you have to hand it to WMD, the community spoke and WMD listened.

Stocky
18-11-2015, 15:26
Thanks guys.

Our League plays on a public server with password, but I think 75% should now be enough.

We'll see at our League race tonight at Bugatti.

Tom Curtis
18-11-2015, 15:29
We can't hotfix on consoles due to Certification. But this and the UDP changes will make it into the 7.0 console patch.

Mike Laskey
18-11-2015, 15:29
Thanks guys.

Our League plays on a public server with password, but I think 75% should now be enough.

Post-race timer for a password-protected public lobby is 150%, so the same as private lobbies.

Tom Curtis
18-11-2015, 15:30
Thanks guys.

Passworded publics will use the same timer as private. So will be 150% in this case.

satco1066
18-11-2015, 15:42
Hi guys,

Other - UDP integration (Tim will post further details in his dedicated thread covering this topic)

Seems to be the awaited "Let's do it w/o steam" feature, or am i wrong? :victorious:

Stephen Viljoen
18-11-2015, 15:48
Seems to be the awaited "Let's do it w/o steam" feature, or am i wrong? :victorious:

You can follow Tim's juicy UDP thread over here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming). :)

Stocky
Even better, thank you very much guys.

diesel97
We can't hotfix on consoles due to Certification. But this and the UDP changes will make it into the 7.0 console patch.

I'm not sure why other games can do a "hot fix" but SMS cant ? I know it cost more money but the reason its called a hotfix is because the last patch was not right ,like the end timer

Tom Curtis
18-11-2015, 15:50
I'm not sure why other games can do a "hot fix" but SMS cant ? I know it cost more money but the reason its called a hotfix is because the last patch was not right ,like the end timer
There is a certain wait time between submissions.

diesel97
18-11-2015, 15:54
There is a certain wait time between submissions.

So you can only submit a patch every 30 days ?

MABlosfeld
18-11-2015, 15:54
minor fixes before the release patch is the solution, great job, thank you.

optimalspieler
18-11-2015, 16:05
Online - Reworked the dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 75% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races and passworded public races, the timer is 150% of slowest moving car's lap time.

Awesome, thanks for changing this so quickly :)

Skanda-Five
18-11-2015, 16:07
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Nice work.
A problem arose and you listened. That's all the community ever wants.
I can't wait for the UDP update. I can add a tablet to my rig! :)

KkDrummer
18-11-2015, 16:09
So you can only submit a patch every 30 days ?

it takes about two weeks for the certification to complete...so it makes sense to add those fixes to 7.0 for consoles...man I just got 6.0 and the game is always getting better so I can wait...

medse87
18-11-2015, 16:17
Thanks for nothing. As a console gamer this really sucks.

Puffpirat
18-11-2015, 16:19
then buy a pc ;)

Thanks for the quick patch of the race end timer!

mr_belowski
18-11-2015, 16:23
It also gives the app developers a brilliant head-start getting their stuff ready for the console UDP streaming. Great stuff

medse87
18-11-2015, 16:28
then buy a pc ;)

Thanks for the quick patch of the race end timer!

Sure. Or SMS starts testing their patches. Every month a new problem. The game is good, but dealing with new problems after every patch is just annoying.

falcon2081
18-11-2015, 16:29
Would be nice if PC was able to test patches before they go live. One can only dream.

KkDrummer
18-11-2015, 16:31
Sure. Or SMS starts testing their patches. Every month a new problem. The game is good, but dealing with new problems after every patch is just annoying.

ok leave now...and close the door behind you!

Stocky
18-11-2015, 16:44

Games are already becoming ruined for PC'ers because of consoles. Just take a look at Fallout 4 for a good example.

All games are becoming prioritized for console players, so listening to this little rant, sounds kind of petty and whiney.

Go back to your Gameboy thread, this is a PC thread.

True gamers

falm
18-11-2015, 17:01

Why nothing? as stated a few posts before this will make it into Patch 7.0 for consoles.
I don't see a problem with waiting for another few weeks.

It's another free update which also add's new features. Btw. @SMS: Thanks for the UDP solution - this rocks!

Photonenbert
18-11-2015, 17:17

"Project Cars PC Patch 6.1 Release Notes"

Giovtec
18-11-2015, 17:24
then buy a pc ;)

I can't believe how people still thinking consoles are the way to go :confused:

Puffpirat
18-11-2015, 17:27

More freedom with PC but also more cost and potentially more trouble.. I made my choice ;)

Neil Bateman
18-11-2015, 17:28
What's a console?

Neil Hopwood
18-11-2015, 17:33
What's a console?

an underpowered, locked down PC.

diesel97
18-11-2015, 17:44
Games are already becoming ruined for PC'ers because of consoles. Just take a look at Fallout 4 for a good example.

All games are becoming prioritized for console players, so listening to this little rant, sounds kind of petty and whiney.

True gamers

^^^^ this is funny you have been crying like 12 year old girl that just got skipped over at a school dance since patch 6.0 .

diesel97
18-11-2015, 17:46

why do you care ?

Umer Ahmad
18-11-2015, 18:34
Ok no more pc v console drama.

Back to actual patch discussion please

medse87
18-11-2015, 18:44
Wow, you guys are great and very polite. Waiting another 4 weeks for working results is a big problem for all organized leagues and ruins the game for a lot of players. But thanks for starting a PC vs Console discussion over here. That's a very adult way to answer. It shouldn't be too hard for SMS to actually test their stuff. But I'm glad you had some fun making jokes about me and all console gamers.

TheBaldReverend
18-11-2015, 19:32
As I got older, my life got busier. I don't take gaming seriously and like to able to fire up the PS4, have a quick 30 min blast then go and do something else. While I'm sure I can do that with a PC, the building, upgrading and Windows parts put me off. What suits one person might not suit another.

bajny
18-11-2015, 19:49
Can't believe how people think PC is way to go.Someone with bit of logic would know that 75% of slowest lap is stupid.Who is testing those patches?Monkey?

DozerKitty
18-11-2015, 19:49
Okay, might just be me being uninformed, but what is this UDP solution supposed to bring? :) I looked in the dedicated thread, but OP is completely empty, so not much information to get there.

- DozerKitty

inthebagbud
18-11-2015, 19:58
Okay, might just be me being uninformed, but what is this UDP solution supposed to bring? :) I looked in the dedicated thread, but OP is completely empty, so not much information to get there.

- DozerKitty

Basically means that console users will have access to the apps that are available for pc users

cupra-r
18-11-2015, 20:10
are you for real pal I think you need to get a GRIP!!!!!!!!

True gamers

Tomcul
18-11-2015, 20:11
Is the system in your sig your main one?
To the other PC users are the screens listed the main ones you use for playing on?
24 or 27 inch screens?

Unless you're running max everything on 3 60" screens then all you have is the same as my ps4..an underpowered PC..

Giovtec
18-11-2015, 20:26
Is the system in your sig your main one?
To the other PC users are the screens listed the main ones you use for playing on?
24 or 27 inch screens?

(Screen is on my specs sig) i am amaze that my workstation runs well-ish the game, although i have other games too and playable but playing low settings, which for pCARS is all i need :cool: maybe as time goes graphics will improve and then my workstation will be rubbish :dejection:

Tomcul
18-11-2015, 20:31
So you're running on a 15" laptop and you're poking fun at people that use a ps4.....? A laptop?
Don't get me wrong I know PC is the way to go but not some low end scrap that barely runs the game on a screen the size of a stamp.
That's not directed at you personally giovtec..

RetroNooB
18-11-2015, 20:38

as a user of both pc and xb1, my console is more of a convenience thing, plus its far more sociable than pc when friends are over for a gaming night :eagerness:

any chance of an e.t.a. on 7.0, and novembers dlc/free car?

Giovtec
18-11-2015, 20:41
So you're running on a 15" laptop and you're poking fun at people that use a ps4.....? A laptop?
Don't get me wrong I know PC is the way to go but not some low end scrap that barely runs the game on a screen the size of a stamp.
That's not directed at you personally giovtec..

Understandable in anyway people want to see it, i just dont get the point for me to have console and pc, and i am even better as i have all in one, gaming/working. So, people who complain about releases or patches then need to undertand that pc might have the advantage in a way. As for gaming, might be crap resolution but it is still playable so, i dont see what is wrong :o

Stocky
18-11-2015, 20:45
are you for real pal I think you need to get a GRIP!!!!!!!!

It's very true, and unfortunately Consoles are the way to go for big name games, since they are catered to more. It's not even a debate.

I just look down on consoles, because that's what I buy for my kids, not for myself.

And I thought we were done talking about PC vs Consoles?

I stopped, but if others are going to continue to quote me.......

Giovtec
18-11-2015, 20:46
as a user of both pc and xb1, my console is more of a convenience thing, plus its far more sociable than pc when friends are over for a gaming night :eagerness:

any chance of an e.t.a. on 7.0, and novembers dlc/free car?

I use to own both system but as i can play on pc mostly same as in console then i go for my comfortable way PC ;) i will give you the point of party gaming but when you travel too often, its not comfortable carry consoles and big pc's, so laptos or worstations make me see big differences when it comes about platform wars

cluck
18-11-2015, 21:05
Guys, this is a thread about the patch, not a thread about console vs PC. Please, for the love of god, can we just stick to discussing the patch?

FR-Alan
18-11-2015, 21:17
Good Job guys,
Havent tested yet, but consolidate online racing is i think the way to go with those most frequent patches.

Konan
18-11-2015, 21:29
I'm not a PC gamer but you have to hand it to WMD, the community spoke and WMD listened.

The online community that is....

2stains
18-11-2015, 23:03
It's very true, and unfortunately Consoles are the way to go for big name games, since they are catered to more. It's not even a debate.

I just look down on consoles, because that's what I buy for my kids, not for myself.

And I thought we were done talking about PC vs Consoles?

I stopped, but if others are going to continue to quote me......."i just look down on consoles" what a Wanker.

Bealdor
18-11-2015, 23:06
Guys, you were already asked to stop this PC vs. console dispute. Keep the discussion on the patch notes please.

Keithb23
19-11-2015, 02:12
Try a little harder DozerKitty, there is lot's to read. The UDP streaming is intended to allow consoles to share a data stream with an external device, similar to the current API that is available on PC. There has been a lot of demand from the console gamers for 2nd screen apps like dashboards, telemetry, track maps, etc., because they have seen what's been available for the PC gamers since release and would like to get in on it too. :)

TheReaper GT
19-11-2015, 05:54
Try a little harder DozerKitty, there is lot's to read. The UDP streaming is intended to allow consoles to share a data stream with an external device, similar to the current API that is available on PC. There has been a lot of demand from the console gamers for 2nd screen apps like dashboards, telemetry, track maps, etc., because they have seen what's been available for the PC gamers since release and would like to get in on it too. :)

Don't forget the fact that UDP streaming eliminates the need of a server app for pc users, making devs work a little easier.

Neil Bateman
19-11-2015, 08:06
"i just look down on consoles" what a Wanker.

Now that is quite funny, well it made me laugh at least :)

Dread262
19-11-2015, 09:06
Hi, since the last update (6.1 on pc), i can't even more join the driver network, don't have ghost in time trial and most important, i can join lobby, but without chat and of course, can't play online session,
can someone help me, plz!!!!!

barcode
19-11-2015, 09:15

So running a private race on the Nordschleife will mean ~10+ minute wait after every race? Or am I not understanding something correctly here?

lembi2001
19-11-2015, 09:49
So running a private race on the Nordschleife will mean ~10+ minute wait after every race? Or am I not understanding something correctly here?

From my understanding, the wait time is only there until everyone has finished the race.

Mike Laskey
19-11-2015, 10:05
From my understanding, the wait time is only there until everyone has finished the race.

Correct

Ramiboo
19-11-2015, 10:48
I'm sure it's been said already, and I'm not sure where I should request this, but for the race timer solution can SMS add an end session option that is only unlocked to the host. There are 2 reasons for this.

1 - it would sort out any requirement to reduce the race end timer
2 - theres been a few times where the race has started with issues, being able to end that race and go straight back to lobby would be great rather than having to create a new lobby and get all members to jump over to the new one.

Maybe this should only be a private lobby function too, to stop random multiplayer morons from having another tool to pi55 off other racers with!

If this post needs moving then plz do. :)

barcode
19-11-2015, 12:52

Thanks for the clarification, that makes much more sense now... ;)

satco1066
19-11-2015, 16:38
Great guys. Hotfixes are welcome.
As announced the next hotfix 6.2, with DS updates, will com soon.

Chin
19-11-2015, 22:05

Except in the situation that got everyone in a tizzy in the first place... An about to be lapped FR-S is 100 yards past the finish line when the leader finishes....and everyone gets to wait for 7min while they try to finish (but then don't have enough time to do so, anyway). :mad:

Everyone should at least have the option to go back to the lobby while waiting, without getting a DNF.

Azure Flare
20-11-2015, 08:33
As announced the next hotfix 6.2, with DS updates, will com soon.

6.3 will add better tire smoke.

Neil Bateman
20-11-2015, 08:44
Except in the situation that got everyone in a tizzy in the first place... An about to be lapped FR-S is 100 yards past the finish line when the leader finishes....and everyone gets to wait for 7min while they try to finish (but then don't have enough time to do so, anyway). :mad:

Everyone should at least have the option to go back to the lobby while waiting, without getting a DNF.

Was it a long track or a crap driver?

ermo
20-11-2015, 16:10
Hi guys,

Online - Implemented a work-around that should fix the issue where at times only two peer-to-peer lobbies would appear in the browser.
Other - UDP integration (Tim will post further details in his dedicated thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming)covering this topic)

@Tom and @Stephen:

Just being curious here, but I've been wondering for a while how you have prioritized patches internally. I mean, in my mind it makes sense to use us PC players (WMDers and otherwise) as guinea pigs before you bake the (expensive?) mass-market console patches where a larger group of people will whine and moan a lot louder if something is not quite right (sorry, but that's how I percieve it).

Are you in a position to lift the veil on your internal thinking here? I'm thinking that if point-release PC-only patches (6.x, 6.x+1) were sold to the console people as being a way to test changes live before certification in the more expensive and time-consuming console patches, they might be more appreciative of the patches landing on Steam first?

Or did I completely miss the point here?

Chin
24-11-2015, 02:15
Was it a long track or a crap driver?

A good time is >8:30, so a 9:00+ lap isn't unexpected from some. So....both. :p

CreamyDischarge
24-11-2015, 10:00
I've got a new bug with 6.1?
Is it best o report here if elsewhere?

Bealdor
24-11-2015, 10:12
I've got a new bug with 6.1?
Is it best o report here if elsewhere?

Yes, posting it here is fine.

CreamyDischarge
24-11-2015, 11:08
Yes, posting it here is fine.

Cool... :yes:

The bug is a very strange one but easy to replicate. Happens every time I launch the game, using steam 6.1 happens both on/off line.

GTX 970
I7
16GB Ram
SSD

Judder/stutter exiting pit box

Visual FX:
ALL ON

Performance:
Rez : 2560x1080:60
WINDOWED << this setting is causing issues....
Texture: high
AF: 16
VSync:Yes
AA: DS2M
FXAA: off
SMAA: off
Reflections: high
ENVMAP: high
Car detail: ultra
Track: ultra
Shadow: high
Mirror: no
Motion blur: high
Render: 1
Grass: low
Particle: high
Particle: ultra
Headlights: yes

Launch Game
Track: Zolder
Free practice
5pm / medium cloud

So when I start the game, go to zolder, as soon as I exit pit it's like a slide show, absolutely atrocious. Stutter, judder, slideshow awful :(

After days of tinkering... I came across a fix.

Go to settings, change windowed mode from NO to YES which brings a prompt to exit the game for this to take effect.. DONT EXIT!

Return to the same track, game is literally smooth as silk!

But if you exit the game, it will start up in windowed mode, so you need to make sure to turn this back to NO before you exit game, but then need to do this again when you restart the game.

So it seems like v sync is not working correctly or similar...

Please note:
By selecting "windowed : yes" the game will NOT actually run in windowed mode! It on,y does this if you restart, but simply by changing the menu option to "yes" causes something to happen in the background that fixes the vsync issue and game is smooth as silk.

Sankyo
24-11-2015, 11:25

The bug is a very strange one but easy to replicate. Happens every time I launch the game, using steam 6.1 happens both on/off line.

GTX 970
I7
16GB Ram
SSD

Visual FX:
ALL ON

Performance:

Launch Game
Free practice
5pm / medium cloud

So when I start the game, go to zolder, as soon as I exit pit it's like a slide show, absolutely atrocious. Stutter, judder, slideshow awful :(

Go to settings, change windowed mode from NO to YES which brings a prompt to exit the game for this to take effect.. DONT EXIT!

But if you exit the game, it will start up in windowed mode, so you need to make sure to turn this back to NO before you exit game, but then need to do this again when you restart the game.

Please note:
By selecting "windowed : yes" the game will NOT actually run in windowed mode! It on,y does this if you restart, but simply by changing the menu option to "yes" causes something to happen in the background that fixes the vsync issue and game is smooth as silk.
I noticed this last week as well. When first starting on a track, it's really stuttery for the first 5 seconds or so. After that, it's all back to normal and also when passing the same spot in the next laps it's all OK and not stuttering anymore.

Bealdor
24-11-2015, 11:26
Does this issue persist with VSYNC OFF?

As a start, delete the following file: \documents\Project CARS\graphicsconfigdx11.xml to reset your graphics settings and reconfigure them ingame.

EpilepticToast
24-11-2015, 12:21

GTX 970
I7
16GB Ram
SSD

Visual FX:
ALL ON

Performance:

Launch Game
Free practice
5pm / medium cloud

Please note:

dude, I hope your problem gets resolved ASAP, but I just had to say WHAT A NAME! it's so creatively disturbing XD

CreamyDischarge
24-11-2015, 12:48
I noticed this last week as well. When first starting on a track, it's really stuttery for the first 5 seconds or so. After that, it's all back to normal and also when passing the same spot in the next laps it's all OK and not stuttering anymore.

Hey,

Yea that's exactly it :yes:
Try doing the above and you will see it does resolve it ;) but good to know it's not just me ;)

CreamyDischarge
24-11-2015, 12:53
Does this issue persist with VSYNC OFF?

As a start, delete the following file: \documents\Project CARS\graphicsconfigdx11.xml to reset your graphics settings and reconfigure them ingame.

Yes... And no...
If you disable VSync then it's really hard to tell (for me) as my monitor seems to be very awkward with no vsync enabled.

It's a FreeSync 21:9 monitor and if/when I don't use VSync (not free sync obviously as I'm using 970) I seem get poor sync anyway.

It almost exclusively requires vsync to be on for this monitor to function perfectly.

However, , if you disable vsync you can still see, exiting the pits that it's more juddery then other places, and when you Reenable vsync the issue comes back, so disable/reenable vsync doesn't fix it. Neither does forcing VSync in Gforce menu and disabling in game.

Only fix is to move that button once but don't restart...

I've actually reinstalled Windows, steam, PCars, drivers version 50/81/97 tried all kinds of settings and as a last resort, just about to give up and go back to dirt ralky, I pressed that window option but did not restart the game, and BAM it's like silk.

This trick works every single time without fail.
But I need to do this every single time, on start and exit so it's a royal pain :-/

Hope that helps :)

dude, I hope your problem gets resolved ASAP, but I just had to say WHAT A NAME! it's so creatively disturbing XD

All ama say is, I hope my problem gets sorted ASAP too, coz it's starting to have a very distinct smell to go along with its name!

Never go out without a "jacket" boys :hororr:

jaildesigner
24-11-2015, 13:40
Hi, I have an Alienware Alpha (860M gcard) and run throught 3 updates this week after a long time not using it: W10 last big update, nvidia drivers update and pcars patch 6 update (and this last one).

Now the helmet cam doesn't show the helmet nor it changes the focus (you know, the blurry cockpit). Then I discovered new cam options (are they really new?) to show/hide the helmet and to add speed view effects on the cam, also FOV for each view. No matter what settings I check (on or off) because I always have no helmet, no speed effects and also "I think" that switching the motion blur effect does nothing.

It's just me? Thanks in advance

Mahjik
24-11-2015, 14:17
Hi, I have an Alienware Alpha (860M gcard) and run throught 3 updates this week after a long time not using it: W10 last big update, nvidia drivers update and pcars patch 6 update (and this last one).

Now the helmet cam doesn't show the helmet nor it changes the focus (you know, the blurry cockpit). Then I discovered new cam options (are they really new?) to show/hide the helmet and to add speed view effects on the cam, also FOV for each view. No matter what settings I check (on or off) because I always have no helmet, no speed effects and also "I think" that switching the motion blur effect does nothing.

It's just me? Thanks in advance

A few cars got switched to "vintage style" helmets:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41957-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-6-0-Release-Notes&p=1171322&highlight=helmet#post1171322

See if you are trying to drive one the cars listed in the above thread...

jaildesigner
24-11-2015, 16:37
A few cars got switched to "vintage style" helmets:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41957-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-6-0-Release-Notes&p=1171322&highlight=helmet#post1171322

See if you are trying to drive one the cars listed in the above thread...

No, I was trying the GT4 and the Clio Sport. I even tried the last one, the WMD designed

Mahjik
24-11-2015, 16:51
No, I was trying the GT4 and the Clio Sport. I even tried the last one, the WMD designed

What FOV are you using?

jaildesigner
29-11-2015, 12:38
What FOV are you using?

Solved. I do not know why but the nvidia 3D was activated. Maybe with the last driver update. Everything is working back now: helmet, blur, sunbeams, dof