PDA

View Full Version : Sound stuttering issue even after NXOE and patch 6.0

chrisff87
18-11-2015, 19:10
It has gone a little better since the NXOE update, but I still get the sound stuttering issue from time to time. Does anyone has any workarounds?

Flat_out
18-11-2015, 19:13
It has gone a little better since the NXOE update, but I still get the sound stuttering issue from time to time. Does anyone has any workarounds?

Think this is something were stuck with for PCARS 1 I'm afraid.

STEELJOCKEY
18-11-2015, 19:41
Funny thing is, the preview version of the NXOE had pretty much solved this issue, but with the public version it is back. Looks like M$ has changed something between these versions.

bluesky0870
18-11-2015, 21:33
I for myself can say that the sound stuttering issue disappeared completely after installing the new dashboard.

EpilepticToast
18-11-2015, 22:30
I had this issue last night. Never experienced it before in PCars for any more than 2 seconds so it was no big deal to me. But last night at Laguna seca, I was getting 15 second sound lag in slo mo every single lap for 25 laps. I was also in the preview and the 2 second one didn't show up while running that OS, but now it's public I seem to be getting the full scale sound bug that many complain about (and I see why now)

Lukeymonster
19-11-2015, 00:11
I for myself can say that the sound stuttering issue disappeared completely after installing the new dashboard.

I also do not experience the sound glitch at all after the NXE update. I am also running off of an external drive and I'm in power save mode. I hope others can get it to go away as well as it stops the immersion from being broken all the time. Really ups the experience.

OpticalHercules
19-11-2015, 01:58
I installed the new dashboard last night, and played for quite a bit today. Have to say I've never noticed the sound glitches much until today. Was very noticeable several times per race that the sound would hiccup. Prior to installing the new dashboard I never noticed it.

I use the optical audio out (Bitstream Out, Dolby Digital), instead of the HDMI audio if that makes a difference to anyone. Using Astro A50 Xbox One version.

Chris Shakespeare
19-11-2015, 05:33
I am in preview have had the game since day one and the sound bug was almost gone just before public NOXE but now it's back like day one. Really really grinds my gears.. Kinect inputs also start them off big time. Must be hard to fix is all I can say. Cmon guys you can do it (yes it still happens with kinect unplugged and on external or internal)

chrisff87
19-11-2015, 14:55
I also do not experience the sound glitch at all after the NXE update. I am also running off of an external drive and I'm in power save mode. I hope others can get it to go away as well as it stops the immersion from being broken all the time. Really ups the experience.

I am also running the game off of an external drive, but I have my console set to Instant-On. I'll give power save mode a try and see how that works.

ashasha
19-11-2015, 20:55
I set mine up for instant on so that the updates would install while I was at work and forgot about it. I started to notice I'd get little hiccups here and there; set it back to to power save and no problems so far. I'm also running an external drive.

Plato99
20-11-2015, 15:40

I have the same setup as yourself. Since the dash update and patch 6 the sound stutter glitch has gone entirely. Framerates seem to be higher too. Happy days.

chrisff87
20-11-2015, 18:23
I have the same setup as yourself. Since the dash update and patch 6 the sound stutter glitch has gone entirely. Framerates seem to be higher too. Happy days.

Question for any of you, do you have the digital or physical version of the game? I wonder if that makes a difference

bluesky0870
20-11-2015, 18:57
Question for any of you, do you have the digital or physical version of the game? I wonder if that makes a difference

disc version, internal hdd 500GB, power save mode.

madmax2069
20-11-2015, 19:27

It shouldn't because it all gets installed onto the HDD anyways on this current generation of consoles be it digital or physical version.

Plato99
20-11-2015, 23:41

Physical installed to USB 3 external HD.

Lukeymonster
21-11-2015, 00:13

Digital edition

Ixoye56
22-11-2015, 11:16

Same for me, not a single sound stuttering since the new dash. (disk version, external usb3, patch 6.0, and energy saving mode)

Flat_out
22-11-2015, 15:23
Same for me, not a single sound stuttering since the new dash. (disk version, external usb3, patch 6.0, and energy saving mode)

Same set up as yours but still have the stuttering. Although it's not as bad as it was pre update dash!

ashasha
22-11-2015, 15:43
Same for me, not a single sound stuttering since the new dash. (disk version, external usb3, patch 6.0, and energy saving mode)Add another one to the list of same configuration with zero problems since having gone back to energy saving mode.

Alyntor
23-11-2015, 03:30
Well see in 7.0, this problem exist from the beginning....and is very annoying

KkDrummer
23-11-2015, 14:52
A new update will be available today: http://www.windowscentral.com/minor-xbox-one-system-update-will-roll-out-today-no-new-feature

Dynomight Motorsports
23-11-2015, 16:17
Mine has gotten worse since the update.. I thought it was better, but since the update and patch 6.0 the sound glitch is more often and lasts for nearly 25 seconds as opposed to the brief 6-8 seconds before.

BCFCBristolRed
27-11-2015, 16:21
Mine has gotten worse since 6.0 too. As Dynomight said, mine lasts for around the same length and always seems to happen at the same part of the track.

I have tried everything short of an uninstall/reinstall. Nothing works. Will un/reinstall a bit later and see if this sorts it.

chrisff87
30-11-2015, 00:17
For me it has got worse since patch 6 or NXOE, since both happened around the same time. Before then, the sound issue would last for about 2-4 seconds. Now, it seems to last twice as long. Hopefully this is something that it's being worked out.

BCFCBristolRed
30-11-2015, 09:16
Just an update on mine. After unistalling/reinstalling, it seems to be running sweeter than it has before for me. Hopefully, this will be the solution to others having this problem!

rtazz17
01-12-2015, 01:31
Sound bug is insane on mine now.Going to uninstall and reinstall yet again....I spend more time reinstalling I think then playing..Hope it works

Dynomight Motorsports
01-12-2015, 01:57
is there a way a to uninstall and reinstall without losing all your save data, setups, ect?

rtazz17
01-12-2015, 02:15
is there a way a to uninstall and reinstall without losing all your save data, setups, ect?

Myself,Im deleting EVERYTHING.

Ive read in past posts that many times until the save data is deleted that the bug will still be there...I do most of my racing online so it doesnt effect me very much doing that.But I can understand not wanting to delete the save file when you have significant time in career mode..But im afraid ill just be reinstalling again if I dont remove all data from cloud,xbox etc.

BCFCBristolRed
01-12-2015, 17:30

When I reinstall any game, I always have my previous save file there already. I'm guessing you have to physically delete it yourself from the cloud to remove it completely. That's my own assumption and experience anyway!

rtazz17
01-12-2015, 17:48
When I reinstall any game, I always have my previous save file there already. I'm guessing you have to physically delete it yourself from the cloud to remove it completely. That's my own assumption and experience anyway!

Yes you have to delete save data separately

chastewand
06-12-2015, 21:59
I've been working away from home for the last couple of months and had no time with the xbone. Was looking forward to some time off and some good racing with project cars, but sadly I'm left disappointed again! New dashboard, dx12, updates and all but it's worse than ever. Sound bug is now the worst I've ever had. Retail verson, on internal drive, power save mode, hard resets galore. Sad to say the brake temps reset again when you pit, rolling starts - stone cold brakes. I really fail to understand the tweaks to the tyre model when time could be better spent fixing things that are broken. Whilst I applaud the effort made by SMS to fix the game I feel really let down by the continuing issues with the game. Maybe one day it'll all work as intended...

nissan4ever
07-12-2015, 01:34
Games won't truly take advantage of DX12 on Xbox One until 2017. Games already released won't really benefit from it. Games that are real deep into production that get released next year won't truly benefit from it either. Project CARS 2 will be built based on DX12.

Ixoye56
07-12-2015, 09:46
I've been working away from home for the last couple of months and had no time with the xbone. Was looking forward to some time off and some good racing with project cars, but sadly I'm left disappointed again! New dashboard, dx12, updates and all but it's worse than ever. Sound bug is now the worst I've ever had. Retail verson, on internal drive, power save mode, hard resets galore. Sad to say the brake temps reset again when you pit, rolling starts - stone cold brakes. I really fail to understand the tweaks to the tyre model when time could be better spent fixing things that are broken. Whilst I applaud the effort made by SMS to fix the game I feel really let down by the continuing issues with the game. Maybe one day it'll all work as intended...

My guess is that your save-file is corrupt, I created a new one before I installed the patch 6.0 and the new desktop dash and I have no problems whatsoever with soundbug and stuttering.

KkDrummer
07-12-2015, 10:05
I would love to hear from SMS on the update they have been waiting on...the new SDK should be in their hands now that the new dashboard is out.

chrisff87
07-12-2015, 16:03
My guess is that your save-file is corrupt, I created a new one before I installed the patch 6.0 and the new desktop dash and I have no problems whatsoever with soundbug and stuttering.

It might be the problem, but honestly I am not up to finding out. I have already deleted my save-file once because I was having issues with saving tunning setups, and by deleting my save-file I also lost all my career progress.
It's a shame that in order to play this wonderful game somehow bug-free, we need to have a routine of hard resets, deleting save-files, uninstalling and installing the game, and what-not.

Flat_out
07-12-2015, 17:11
It might be the problem, but honestly I am not up to finding out. I have already deleted my save-file once because I was having issues with saving tunning setups, and by deleting my save-file I also lost all my career progress.
It's a shame that in order to play this wonderful game somehow bug-free, we need to have a routine of hard resets, deleting save-files, uninstalling and installing the game, and what-not.

Deleting my save file did nothing to stop the sound stuttering so I would think twice of doing that to fix it.

nissan4ever
07-12-2015, 19:29
It's a shame that some people have the sound bug & some have it really bad. Where as some people don't have it at all. You'd think all Xbox One's would play the game the same.

rtazz17
08-12-2015, 01:54

Ha,I have sound bug worse then ever and unistalled everything,cloud,game saves etc... No change at all after reinstall.Ive done this several times.

chastewand
08-12-2015, 09:43

The game seems to take longer to load from the title screen than compared to patch 4, never played patch 5 as been away. When I installed patch 4 the game played terrible so I deleted everything and unistalled and re-installed, hard resets, magic rubs, praying ect. Thankfully it improved things but really not keen on doing that again after reading that others still have issues. Only have played 18hrs or so since re-installing, if I do it again I think it'll be the last chance for this game I'm afraid to say.

Always in power save mode, hard reset before I play, quit all background apps, and go offline. Words can't express the frustration with this game, truely a love/hate relationship!

Ixoye56
08-12-2015, 10:07
It's a shame that some people have the sound bug & some have it really bad. Where as some people don't have it at all. You'd think all Xbox One's would play the game the same.

I agree, it's a mystery, I have my game (Disc version) installed on an external 7200rpm USB3 disk if that makes any difference?

nissan4ever
08-12-2015, 12:25
I agree, it's a mystery, I have my game (Disc version) installed on an external 7200rpm USB3 disk if that makes any difference?

Mine is digital on an usb 3.0 external hdd that runs at 5200 or 5800 rpm. I hear the occasional sound crackel for a split second. Other than that, my sound is fine. It used to be worse. Like 2 - 5 seconds long. Glad mine doesn't do it no more. That is annoying.

chastewand
08-12-2015, 14:04
Mine is digital on an usb 3.0 external hdd that runs at 5200 or 5800 rpm. I hear the occasional sound crackel for a split second. Other than that, my sound is fine. It used to be worse. Like 2 - 5 seconds long. Glad mine doesn't do it no more. That is annoying.

What I would give for the sound bug to be that long, suffering for over a minute in some cases. Damn unplayable! What the hell is going on with this game? Thanks for for the suggestion with the brakes nissan4ever, seems to be a workaround. Never used to have to do it with patch 4 though. Is this a patch 6 problem or NXOE update problem? Will I be able to play this game again? I was happy with patch 4 and things seem to have got a whole lot worse!

KkDrummer
08-12-2015, 14:16
hey SMS, if you are reading this, are you going to fix the audio issue on Xbox One?

chastewand
09-12-2015, 11:53
So the only thing I forgot to do was clear persistant storage. The missus has been watching blu-rays while I've been away and with that cleared the game is now running sweet again. Guess that must effect the disk version pretty bad from my experience. Have had no audio glitching in the past couple hours of play. Rant over and air cleared! It's just a shame the game needs constant attention to keep it running well. Perhaps this is an xbone issue but it's pretty frustrating to have to be solving issues and finding workarounsd! New tyre model seems pretty good, been playing with both controller and wheel and generally suffer with rear left on the heat limit now rather than the front left.

rtazz17
09-12-2015, 13:18
hey SMS, if you are reading this, are you going to fix the audio issue on Xbox One?

Haha,good one!

KkDrummer
09-12-2015, 14:53
Haha,good one!

I will keep on asking every now and then to see if we get a response...

BTW there is a new update for Xbox One out today, more bug fixes and performance improvements, no new features though.

Raven403
09-12-2015, 15:11
I actually had a constant Crackle like sound the last time I played Pcars on Xbox, it happened alot, as did the stuttering. The Stuttering happened almost always on Corner Entry and Exit and the Crackling was a constant and would come and go at random.

Dont have much hope this is getting fixed, the sound in replays is still totally broken too

chrisff87
10-12-2015, 13:17
Patch 7.0 most likely coming next week, they already have the release notes but nothing indicates performance improvements. I hope I'm wrong and we can finally see the sound issue gone forever!!!

Raven403
10-12-2015, 16:53
Patch 7.0 most likely coming next week, they already have the release notes but nothing indicates performance improvements. I hope I'm wrong and we can finally see the sound issue gone forever!!!

Dont count on it

chrisff87
10-12-2015, 17:29
Dont count on it

I'm acutally not lol, but we can always hope!

ProjectCarl
10-12-2015, 19:39
This thread reminds me of a great time me and my friend Charlene once had together. We were racing on Project Cars on an on-line race, not off-line as you may presume. I was racing in a Formula Gulf vehicle with a blue and white livery, stunning. She, Charlene, was racing in a BMW Procar with the classic M1 design. Our setting was Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, names so because of the dry lagoon it was built upon, we raced nine laps in a gentle sprint race.

On turn seven of lap three I noticed something strange, my engine seemed to make an irregular sound, almost as if it was coughing. I've noticed this happen before but never this bad. The deafening sound lasted around 6.4 seconds before stopping, not one or two as per usual.

I haven't seen this happen as much since recent updates, yet occurrences are still there.

Good game though.

By the way she won, I wasn't very good at the Corkscrew corner, my car would always spin no matter how softly I applied the accelerator.

chastewand
11-12-2015, 13:45
Audio glitch is back! Doing WEC LMP1, after initial issues spa was good no glitch, Le Mans good no glitch, Road America is terrible. About half the lap suffers from the glitch, at times lasting for over 30 secs. Cleared persistant storage, hard reset and am off-line. Makes no difference at all! Apart from the dodgy AI this has to be the worst issue with the game. Seriously distracting!

Ixoye56
11-12-2015, 14:42
Try to delete your save-file on disk and re-sync a new from cloud, that helped me before.

chastewand
12-12-2015, 13:24
Cheers Ixoye that appears to have worked. No idea how or why though, seems nonsensical to me! But if it works, all good. Lost some setups, an invitational result, practice and quali results due to deleting local save. Does anyone know when the game syncs to cloud or how to sync local to cloud? I generally play with the xbox offline due to issues the game has, so cloud save and local save are different. Wish we had the ability to put game saves where we want on the xbone as we could on the 360.

chrisff87
17-12-2015, 01:48
Has anyone tested post patch 7.0? Is the sound issue finally gone for good?

nissan4ever
17-12-2015, 02:53
Has anyone tested post patch 7.0? Is the sound issue finally gone for good?

I didn't hear it when I did a couple races on patch 7.0 against a 16 car grid at Hockenheim Classic. Not even a crackle.

Tonymeister
17-12-2015, 02:54
Still very much there for me.

Ixoye56
17-12-2015, 09:26
The sound issue has been gone for good since patch 6.0 and the new dash for me, your save file is probably corrupted If you still suffer from this problem.

KkDrummer
17-12-2015, 12:15
it is still there for me...i've never deleted my save though...

Flat_out
17-12-2015, 12:46
It's still there.I reset everything for patch 6.0.
Gamesave the lot.It did nothing to get rid of it!

Dan77 DESTROYER
17-12-2015, 15:57
I still get it but very occasionally now and it's for 1second if that, also get the slow down speed up thing still but again it's infrequent and doesn't last that long