PDA

View Full Version : Default Setup tire issues

ONESPACE
19-11-2015, 23:50
Riddle me this, the Audi A1 Quattro has 3 different tire compounds. All weather, street-mediums, and track softs. Why in the world does it always start out on all weather tires, when there isn't a cloud in the sky. And they are half worn down before I even leave the pits.
And by the way, when I save a pit strategy, their called wet tires, hence rain tires in reference to my original question. I'll have to say all cars have rain tires, whether they have slicks or not.
I've done most of my testing in default setup, and I've come to the conclusion that this game is messed up for sure in default.
I'm getting pretty tired of having to test everything, when I should be enjoying the game, in stead all I do is test and always find something wrong. And the pit engineer never puts track sorts tires on the car, unless I set it up that way

I posted this on gtplanet in our Tuesday night league race SNAIL World Road Racing Challenge

Have the car choices been tested? I'm going to guess maybe the Aston Martin. I did 150 laps at Monza short. Road cars have issues and race cars really don't, in default setup.

The Audi really gave me a headache. It always starts out on All Weather tires, rain or shine. But the car comes with, street mediums, and track-softs. It will eventually change to street-mediums, rain or shine, but never track-soft tires.

Guess I went through about 10 cars, and no ROAD cars would ever give me their softest compound. Start of race or pit stops.
The RACE cars worked pretty much on cue. All I ever got for tires, was the car softest compound, or rain tires, nothing in between.
The Road cars would make for better racing, but their tires suck. Mustang was nice, but the car's to cliché. And I know, not a choice.
I'm torn like an old sweater, lol

Can someone tell me why the Default setup guys can't use all the tires offered with the car. I've drove through some serious thunderstorms and all I'd ever get was street-mediums, and on some cars impossible to drive "zonda clinque". Road cars never get the softest compound.

And all default setup guys, don't ever save a tuning setup. If you want to keep that cars original default fuel load values.
It makes the fuel tank always full, and I'd say the extra weight should wear the tires down quicker.

Hope to hear from someone who know about this please,

miagi
20-11-2015, 02:20
So all I can pull out of that post is "Take the default by weather option" out of the game.
I really can't understand why anyone would go on track with such an uncertain setting. If I do proper tests, I make sure I have every option under my control.

ONESPACE
20-11-2015, 03:56
So all I can pull out of that post is "Take the default by weather option" out of the game.
I really can't understand why anyone would go on track with such an uncertain setting. If I do proper tests, I make sure I have every option under my control.

Would you mind doing your proper test, like I did my proper testing in default setup. I know how to do setups, it's pretty easy and yes I have full control. I talking spec races.
We've been doing spec racing for years, and there's no reason default setup shouldn't be able to have the softest compounds and be able to have wet tires put on the car when needed.
Did I mention I run in a lot of tuned races too, I'm sure I mentioned I do tuned races too. Lets make this clear, I run in tuned setup races too.
The thread said Default. Spec racing do you understand now. No reason I shouldn't have some control over tires when running default setup races.

Bealdor
20-11-2015, 07:19
Would you mind doing your proper test, like I did my proper testing in default setup. I know how to do setups, it's pretty easy and yes I have full control. I talking spec races.
We've been doing spec racing for years, and there's no reason default setup shouldn't be able to have the softest compounds and be able to have wet tires put on the car when needed.
Did I mention I run in a lot of tuned races too, I'm sure I mentioned I do tuned races too. Lets make this clear, I run in tuned setup races too.
The thread said Default. Spec racing do you understand now. No reason I shouldn't have some control over tires when running default setup races.

The simple reason why road cars are getting the all weather tires at default is because they are closest to the factory tires those cars are sold with.
They're not getting the softest tires at default on purpose.

biggbaddwolf
20-11-2015, 07:31
The tires in this game are way messed up anyway :mad:

miagi
20-11-2015, 13:20
The tires in this game are way messed up anyway :mad:
Why?

ONESPACE
20-11-2015, 14:40
Why?

One reason why, is when I come out of the pits for qualifying, my All-Weather tires are half worn down and I have to make a pit stop during qualifying to get tires changed. Then the pits gives me street-mediums during qualifying. The real funny part is all the AI cars get their tires changed without even pitting. A little proper testing goes a long way.

@Bealdor,,, If Road cars come with All-Weather tires on purpose, why do they change tires to street-mediums? After all I am using the car at a race track, why not Track-Soft tires. When I used to take the family car to the track, I always had a set of track tires I would put on the car, just like thousands of other guys around the would.

I'm thinking, if I drive the California Coast, All-Weather or Street- Mediums. But at a race track, we should be able to use Track-Soft tires. And I don't see any reason why pit strategy can't be implemented into default setup races. I haven't found a snow weather slot in the game. Which I guess the All-Weather tires would work too, lol.

It's just sad that the people who don't have the time to figure out setups, get scre@#$ in this game. It would be nice if the Host could decide which tires everyone in the race has to start on. And then pit strategy is on the racers and weather forecast, All-Weather or Street-mediums depending on how much it snows, wait I mean how bad the rain is.