PDA

View Full Version : post 6.0 -Excessive tyre overheating has ruined the game

TRL Karthikeyan
20-11-2015, 00:02
since the last patch most cars tyres over heat in 2 laps(i.e gt3)
the tyres go red and don't cool down quick enough and changing car setup doesn't have any effect on temps.

the bottom line is before 6.0 tyres were green/yellow and now they are orange/red generally more or less.

if it ain't broke don't fix it

hope this gets rebalanced in a future patch.

bmanic
20-11-2015, 00:14
And don't tell me that i can't drive.

I know you don't want to hear it.. but that is exactly the case. You are most likely over steering into corners, constantly scrubbing the tires (and also lapping a lot slower than the potential of the tires would have).

Suggestion: turn up the steering ratio in the car setup. Set it to a MUCH HIGHER value (slower steering). You'll quickly notice that you still make the corners and will gain laptime.. as an added bonus, the tires shouldn't get too hot.

As for realism: You are dead wrong. NOW it is as in real life.. you just haven't noticed before that you were giving the cars wrong controller inputs (too much steering, as said above). Now when you drive with bad habits you are severely punished with overheated tires. Simple as that.

ashasha
20-11-2015, 00:38
I was pretty concerned about this, but I abused a couple of cars pretty hard last night and never saw any significant increases in temp or wear with my previous setups. Is this just in GT3 class or something?

SUBGTRACER
20-11-2015, 00:56
Im with bmanic ..............I'ts better more realistic in all aspects .......you cant just flog the tyres without consequence

TRL Karthikeyan
20-11-2015, 01:00
its temperature not wear thats the issue.

i am on a pad so mabey the overheating is exaggerated due to lots of input.
i think before the patch the tyres overheating was too low in most cars but now its to high. i think it needs to be rebalanced inbetween pre and post 6.0.

nissan4ever
20-11-2015, 02:47
Tire temp is fine with patch 6.0. It's about how you approach a turn, entry & exit of the turn. Your set has to be on point.

GrimeyDog
20-11-2015, 04:14
This Tire update is a Good thing... It will Keep the Game Balanced and True to a Sim Nature... Good bye to the Dayz when people would Run Insane Fast Laps Running Space Man Car set ups!!! Those kind of Set ups wont last 3 fast laps right Now!!!

This update Added alot of immersion back into Racing again... its Not just Mindless Hoy Lapping you Need a Good Race Syratagy to Win Now... I like it alot!!!

nissan4ever
20-11-2015, 06:08
This Tire update is a Good thing... It will Keep the Game Balanced and True to a Sim Nature... Good bye to the Dayz when people would Run Insane Fast Laps Running Space Man Car set ups!!! Those kind of Set ups wont last 3 fast laps right Now!!!

This update Added alot of immersion back into Racing again... its Not just Mindless Hoy Lapping you Need a Good Race Syratagy to Win Now... I like it alot!!!

Yup!

Invincible
20-11-2015, 06:40
Also, you should maybe try Casey's controller settings. As far as I read the answers, it helped some people to reduce their tire scrubbing significantly.

My preferred settings (same for DS4 and XB1):

Deadzone=10
Sensitivity=20
Speed sensitivity=70
Filtering=50
Input Mode=3

P1ckN1cker2406
20-11-2015, 07:06
So why is it not nearly as bad on PC than it is on Consoles? Tire Overheating on Xbox One is insane compared to PC. Tested it by myself. An i'm using a wheel, no Controller.

oscarolim
20-11-2015, 10:41
Probably because on PC most will be using a wheel, while on console most will be using a controller.

A lot praise the realism of the game, but I haven't ever seen anyone on the road driving a car with an xbox controller. Maybe there should be a simplified version (pre 6.0) for controller and the current version for wheel users.

I don't have an issue when using a wheel, but with a controller is not fun anymore.

Didd31
20-11-2015, 11:32
It's just your drive and yours settings which ruin your tyres, not the patch 1.6 who is more realistic on this point.

Sankyo
20-11-2015, 11:36
So why is it not nearly as bad on PC than it is on Consoles? Tire Overheating on Xbox One is insane compared to PC. Tested it by myself. An i'm using a wheel, no Controller.
Do you have evidence for this? It would be very interesting to see a proper comparison.

P1ckN1cker2406
20-11-2015, 12:01
Do you have evidence for this? It would be very interesting to see a proper comparison.

Will try to make a video comparison.

Fractured Life
20-11-2015, 12:22
A lot praise the realism of the game, but I haven't ever seen anyone on the road driving a car with an xbox controller.

Yeah, if I had a pound sterling every time I saw someone driving their road car with their TX :)

I read a lot about the heating and was worried but, for the Grp A's at least, it seemed completely fine, the tyre would overheat in very obvious ways so its possible to nurse it round certain turns to cool it off before you can push.

ReadingRich
20-11-2015, 12:24
I'm using a controller and to be honest I haven't noticed a issue with the tyres.
I ran some sprint touring car races in career this morning and also 15mins around Laguna in the Alpine LMP2 non stop again with no more wear than I normally have and I really tried to burn them out.

Sankyo
20-11-2015, 12:24
I'm using a controller and to be honest I haven't noticed a issue with the tyres.
I ran some sprint touring car races in career this morning and also 15mins around Laguna in the Alpine LMP2 non stop again with no more wear than I normally have and I really tried to burn them out.
People are specifically reporting issues with the GT3 cars, could you try those as well?

ReadingRich
20-11-2015, 12:27
People are specifically reporting issues with the GT3 cars, could you try those as well?

I will do this evening as on baby care duty at the moment.

ReadingRich
20-11-2015, 12:42
[QUOTE=oscarolim;1175689]Probably because on PC most will be using a wheel, while on console most will be using a controller.

A lot praise the realism of the game, but I haven't ever seen anyone on the road driving a car with an xbox controller.

I dunno the van man who tried to run me off the motorway at midnight looked like he was driving with a controller.

Elmo
20-11-2015, 12:49
Hey guys, please continue the discussion in the Tyre Physics thread, so we have all feedback in one place.

A good post to start reading you find here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-TYRE-PHYSICS-DISCUSSION&p=1174126&viewfull=1#post1174126

It is by our physics guru Casey giving some insight.