PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars in 1080p

Alyntor
21-11-2015, 14:25
Hi community

Im user of PC and Xbox ONE, and I got in both platforms the game Project Cars.

My question is, with the support from Microsoft dev kits etc with pass of the time, is possible bring the game from 900p to 1080p in any moment in Xbox ONE?

I guess all is programming and increasingly seize the hardware, the game has experimented good increase of performance.

Other games have already 1080p (Forza 6 for example) and others have been updated from 900p to 1080p

This is my question.

A greeting to SMS and community

nissan4ever
21-11-2015, 15:41
No, Xbox One version will stay 900p as far as I know. Remember, Forza 6 got 1080p & locked 60fps from static non-dynamic environments. Another example, the new Star Wars Battlefront is 720p on Xbox One.

Alyntor
21-11-2015, 16:45
I think EA and the Battlefront is not good example about nice work and 720 actually is like one insult to users, their only want earn money easy.

In the programing always is possible improve, and the posibility to jump for 1080p SMS has talked about it, why not with betters devkits from Microsoft or even DirectX12?

Greetings

nissan4ever
21-11-2015, 16:59
There's lots of games. The new upcoming Rainbow Six Siege is 900p on Xbox One as well. The new Tomb Raider isn't full 1080p the whole time. Halo 5 isn't full 1080p the whole time either.

Alyntor
21-11-2015, 17:15
And a lot of games improved after the release, Ride 900p to 1080p, Diablo III after patch from 900p to 1080p and more games, why not P.Cars

wOoDsTeR16
21-11-2015, 18:22
Ride 900p to 1080p,

The only improvement Milestone could ever do is sell there company to someone who knows what there doing!

Nickname85
21-11-2015, 21:00
What's the big fuss about everything needing to be 1080p m... I think most people can't tell the difference if they are looking at 720 or 1080. The resolution isn't the most important thing for graphics. A game with 720 resolution can look stunning, and a 1080 can look like shit. I'd rather have a stable framerate then a crappy performance with 1080p. Because of the hardware and programming we have to make concessions.

Alyntor
22-11-2015, 00:46
What's the big fuss about everything needing to be 1080p m... I think most people can't tell the difference if they are looking at 720 or 1080. The resolution isn't the most important thing for graphics. A game with 720 resolution can look stunning, and a 1080 can look like shit. I'd rather have a stable framerate then a crappy performance with 1080p. Because of the hardware and programming we have to make concessions.

Big fuss man??? I asked a question, if this is possible or not, nothing else, I am not claiming or creating drama, just asking!!! so calm down

nissan4ever
22-11-2015, 03:37
Project CARS 1 will always be 900p on Xbox One.

And about Diablo III. It did jump to 1080p with a patch at launch. That was when Microsoft finally did away with making kinect mandatory with games (3 infrared lights for facial recognition to sign users in automatically when you sit down in front of console). If that hadn't been done to free up some processing power, Diablo III would've stayed 900p post launch. Microsoft released the SDK & Blizzard took advantage of it (like many other developers). Even with doing that, it doesn't mean a game will be 1080p resolution.

Graphic effects & such are putting the demands of the game engine. This effects the target resolution that the developer can hit while maintaining whatever fps their target is.

I think 1080p is blown out of proportion. Over the air TV isn't even 1080p (720p/1080i).

Alyntor
22-11-2015, 08:43
Someone SMS staff could be so kind as to confirm that the game remain like this in 900p, or there is something planned for next year?

Is my question.

Thank you so much

nissan4ever
22-11-2015, 09:47
Someone SMS staff could be so kind as to confirm that the game remain like this in 900p, or there is something planned for next year?

Is my question.

Thank you so much

I don't have the quote, but they've already said that Project CARS resolution won't change on Xbox One. If anything else gets improved on the game it will be frame rate. Which is far more important than 1080p. They already are using part of the 7th core on the console. It's pretty much has console maxed out.

Maybe with Project CARS 2 being built around DX12 (unlike Project CARS). Maybe they'll be able to hit 1080p on Xbox One. If not. Game will definitely have a more stable 60fps at 900p with DX12. I'll take 900p with a far more stable frame rate over 1080p any day with DX12. Depending on the demands of the game engine for any giving game. Sometimes 1080p just isn't feasible on Xbox One. It is what it is.

Project CARS being dynamic with weather and time of day, along with its demanding physics engine. Uses basically all of the consoles resources. That's why the AI runs on a simplified tire physics (because of how large the AI grid can be set to. That takes processing resources).

Like I already mentioned. Microsoft's flagship franchise, Halo 5 isn't locked at full 1080p. It has a dynamic resolution depending on the on screen action load to stay at 60fps (which is far more important for smooth play, especially in multiplayer).

Maybe with Project CARS 2, SMS will use dynamic resolution. Therfore, depending on what's going on with on screen action determines resolution. While achieving a stable frame rate.

ashasha
22-11-2015, 16:50
DX12 is the key to any massive improvements in performance or resolution and I believe that won't be utilized until PCARS2. I honestly think that at this point they just aren't going to find something in the code to improve performance enough to change the resolution. I mean we're talking about 2-5% increases in frame rate in a few spots here and there which honestly doesn't equate to enough to increase resolution.

I just think that in order to do something like that we'd be looking at trading off graphics and tire physics for a few lines of resolution. Not something they'd probably do.

Haiden
22-11-2015, 17:22
I can definitely see the difference between my Xb1 and PS4 versions. But I've read that most people can't tell the difference between 1080i, 720p, and 1080p unless they're viewing it at 42" or above. I'm sure the same goes for 900p vs. 1080p, which might explain why some people don't see the difference.

RacerPaul65
22-11-2015, 17:47
I'd rather keep the fps up and steady than crank up the resolution

Haiden
22-11-2015, 17:50
True, if I had to choose. But ideally, I'd like to have 60 fps at 1080p. Who wouldn't? :)

Doesn't FM6 have a locked 60 fps at 1080p? It doesn't look as good as PCars. Locking in 60 fps comes with some sacrifice.

Nickname85
22-11-2015, 22:47
Haha I am calm... It's also just an reply to your question, and wasn't ment to be a personal attack or something. What I mean is, why the focus on 1080p. Not a lot of people will tell the difference, and I am just glad they got these improvements on the framerate, so for me personally they shouldn't change anything that will maybe make the game run worse. And with "fuss" I meant that recently every game that comes out it seems that it "has to be 1080p".

Ali just wanted to point out that the resolution doesn't matter when you have a crappy framerate. But that's just my opinion.

Peace:)

nissan4ever
23-11-2015, 01:48
Ali just wanted to point out that the resolution doesn't matter when you have a crappy framerate. But that's just my opinion.

You're absolutely correct. If Project CARS 2 is 900p with a pretty much solid 60fps (almost locked 60fps. With dips no lower than say 55fps). I'll take that :)

Hopefully SMS will focus on the frame rate of Project CARS 2 on Xbox One. It really doesn't have to be 1080p. Especially when a way more stable frame rate can come from 900p.

Innerspace_HQ
23-11-2015, 02:34
You're moving. Quickly. You want frame rate, not resolution. Resolution is nice but it doesn't affect gameplay, frames per sec does. Function over fashion any day.

Alyntor
23-11-2015, 04:27
Haha I am calm... It's also just an reply to your question, and wasn't ment to be a personal attack or something. What I mean is, why the focus on 1080p. Not a lot of people will tell the difference, and I am just glad they got these improvements on the framerate, so for me personally they shouldn't change anything that will maybe make the game run worse. And with "fuss" I meant that recently every game that comes out it seems that it "has to be 1080p".

Peace:)

ok ok np man ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw some of staff of SMS can affirm if the game could be upgraded or not in 2016?¿?¿?

Innerspace_HQ
23-11-2015, 06:23
ok ok np man ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw some of staff of SMS can affirm if the game could be upgraded or not in 2016?¿?¿?

You have magpie-itis. An overwhelming attraction to shiny but ultimately useless objects.

I jest, of course, buuuut you could make it as shiny as a tin foil hat if you wanted but without decent and solid frame rate it's useless. 1080p isn't the difference you think it is here.

KkDrummer
23-11-2015, 11:08
hey SMS...if you are readying this, please focus on frame rate for Pcars2. Game looks good on 900p, but fps affects gameplay and it should be a priority!

Raven403
23-11-2015, 12:14
Think people are gonna have to accept the XB1 isnt powerful enough for 1080 60fps for games like this. Just the facts. 720, 900, 1080, none of it matters if the game crashes constantly too, so imo make the game stable before anything gets done with resolution. Also, I hope Pcars2 isnt Handicapped on PC because of consoles, especially freaking Xbox Crap.

the_monk
23-11-2015, 20:00
True, if I had to choose. But ideally, I'd like to have 60 fps at 1080p. Who wouldn't? :)

Doesn't FM6 have a locked 60 fps at 1080p? It doesn't look as good as PCars. Locking in 60 fps comes with some sacrifice.

you got it wrong, Have you played forza6 in wet weather? looks awesome & the wheel reacting to different surfaces is excellent. Try the game.

Rockefelluh
23-11-2015, 20:14
I am fine with 900. Rather the bugs get fixed.

Innerspace_HQ
23-11-2015, 22:19
you got it wrong, Have you played forza6 in wet weather? looks awesome & the wheel reacting to different surfaces is excellent. Try the game.

I would politely disagree. It's shiny but feels of nothing - project cars ffb has spoiled all other ffb models for me. Tested Forza with the TX and gave it back to my friend sharp. It feels vague, not particularly connected with the road even after advanced settings were opened. First Forza I haven't bought so I'm not exactly disliking it for the sake of it.

nissan4ever
24-11-2015, 01:31
First Forza I haven't bought so I'm not exactly disliking it for the sake of it.

Me too

nissan4ever
24-11-2015, 02:30
Doesn't FM6 have a locked 60 fps at 1080p?

Non-dynamic & static environments got that 1080p & locked 60fps. Because of the Xbox One hardware design & choices Microsoft made when designing the console.

o2R Dsquared 07
24-11-2015, 03:49
Those that haven't bought forza 6, please stick to your guns and don't buy it. I was weak and bought ultimate edition.

SUBGTRACER
24-11-2015, 04:06
Pcars 2 next year at 720p :)

480p with pit crew

Innerspace_HQ
24-11-2015, 04:33
480p with pit crew

https://howsitgoingehblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/screen-shot-2013-02-27-at-4-09-01-pm.png

Raven403
24-11-2015, 12:22
Pcars 2 next year at 720p :)

480p with pit crew

Will NOT be next year. Trust me.

KkDrummer
24-11-2015, 12:28
Will NOT be next year. Trust me.

yeah....PCars2 release window: 2017 + quite a few delays

Raven403
24-11-2015, 12:28
yeah....PCars2 release window: 2017 + quite a few delays

It'll be worth it though, based on what im seeing.

nissan4ever
24-11-2015, 13:22
Those that haven't bought forza 6, please stick to your guns and don't buy it. I was weak and bought ultimate edition.

rtazz17
24-11-2015, 14:42

Wow,theres always so much hate on this forum for forza..Theres a place for both these games.Forza is much more fun on line to play imo... But really,why bash a franchise that has so far kicked project cars butt?
When and if project cars ever gets to 1/4 of the sales of forza franchise let me know.. Forza is a proven great game,its got the history.Project cars only history is trying to patch a beta game that was released way before it shouldve been and has been trying to fix it for 6 months.Go ahead and flame me if you want..I have both games.Ive tried endlessly to play project but the bugs make it a huge headache.To this date if there is even such thing as a clear winner its got to be forza.The game is playable on line and off and you dont need to do 10 work arounds to make it playable.Unplug your router,reset your xbox,clap your hands,cross your fingers and pray.. Anyways on the forza forum project cars is rarely brought up in conversation because its been a dud and theres hardly anyone playing it.You got about 10 regular posters on here and the multiplayer at times has 1 lobby! Are you kidding me?I dont subsribe to posts so have at it ripping this one apart as you do to most any poster who has a negative view on your beloved game.Have a great day..

KkDrummer
24-11-2015, 16:39
It'll be worth it though, based on what im seeing.

what are you seeing? tell us more....=]

Fractured Life
24-11-2015, 17:03
When and if project cars ever gets to 1/4 of the sales of forza franchise let me know

Its like "Transformers: Dark side of the Moon" compared to "The Hurt Locker". Yes you sold a lot, BUT...

Rockefelluh
24-11-2015, 20:01
Wow,theres always so much hate on this forum for forza..Theres a place for both these games.Forza is much more fun on line to play imo... But really,why bash a franchise that has so far kicked project cars butt?
When and if project cars ever gets to 1/4 of the sales of forza franchise let me know.. Forza is a proven great game,its got the history.Project cars only history is trying to patch a beta game that was released way before it shouldve been and has been trying to fix it for 6 months.Go ahead and flame me if you want..I have both games.Ive tried endlessly to play project but the bugs make it a huge headache.To this date if there is even such thing as a clear winner its got to be forza.The game is playable on line and off and you dont need to do 10 work arounds to make it playable.Unplug your router,reset your xbox,clap your hands,cross your fingers and pray.. Anyways on the forza forum project cars is rarely brought up in conversation because its been a dud and theres hardly anyone playing it.You got about 10 regular posters on here and the multiplayer at times has 1 lobby! Are you kidding me?I dont subsribe to posts so have at it ripping this one apart as you do to most any poster who has a negative view on your beloved game.Have a great day..

I agree with a lot of what you say, except the one about how no one talks about pcars on Forza forums. Look at any wheel force feedback topic (there's even a sticky there) and you will see the PCARS comparison every page. And a great majority think PCARS is miles ahead and for many it is enough to turn away from Forza.

nissan4ever
24-11-2015, 23:53

How is posting a gif of Stephen A. Smith laughing on the show "First Take" bashing Forza anyway? The guy said basically he was weak & bought Forza 6. Then he said for people that hadn't. Stick to their guns & not buy it. Did you not read his post?

o2R Dsquared 07
25-11-2015, 00:50

I'm playing Forza 6. I played forza 4 a ton, and I play forza 6 a lot. I am not a forza hater by any means. I'm one of its biggest fans. That being said, I'm not blind. PCars destroys forza in all the things that truly matter. If not all my friends were playing forza and if the PCars leaderboards were as competitive and populated as forza, I'd be playing PCars.

Raven403
25-11-2015, 12:34
what are you seeing? tell us more....=]

Well, it SHOULD be a much more dynamic and authentic experience, theres a lot of ideas in the works and alot of things that will really change the experience in both single and multiplayer. It does seem alot of things have been learned from Pcars1 also but time will tell, there is a very long long way to go.

One thing I will say, is while I will be testing it on XB if that becomes a possibility I am moving to PC as my main platform for it, its just so much more polished and a better experience all around. Tired of dealing with the underpowered S***Box 1

Alyntor
25-11-2015, 16:26
Guys I like more if the game is in 900p and the FPS are stable, right, Im not saying "or 1080p or this is a **** "

I prefer stability of course, who does not? but exist new dev kits and all is posible.

No? its oki, I just did one question, nothing more...

Anyway I wish someone from the staff could confirm or not the game will remain so or otherwise be changed.

Im happy with the versión in my Xbox ONE and super Happy with the versión of PC.

Greetings