PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade thrustmaster T100 to T150 or T300?

Xtince
22-11-2015, 11:29
It is time for me to upgrade my Thrustmaster t100. Im leaning towards the Thrustmaster T150, but don't know if thats a big step forwards for me, maybe you guys how have had both wheels can help me out. If it isnt a big step forward, i will go for the t300 (but have to save more money for that one).

What do you guys recommend? I only have time to race in the weekends, so will not use the wheel every day. Thanks!

Sasquatch
22-11-2015, 14:34
I would go with the T150, because it's a deal. It's mostly got the guts of the T300.. and if you want the shifter and a set of pro pedals down the line that option is there for you to expand upon. I wouldn't even consider the T100. At. All.

Unless buying and changing to a different wheel to you is a big deal.

Haiden
22-11-2015, 16:08
If you think you're into sim racing for the long haul (i.e. going to being playing other titles beyond PCars), then I'd say go for the T300. The T150 uses a mixed belt/pulley system, which is better than helical gears, but not as good as the T300 or TX models. You also can't swap out wheels/rims. The stock rims aren't bad, but no comparison to look and feel of the custom rims. If those things aren't important to you, or you don't see yourself ever wanting to upgrade, then go for the T150. But if you do, you might as well drop the extra $150 now. Because if you end up wanting or buying a T300 later, you'll already be $200 down because of the T150.

Feetabix
22-11-2015, 18:52
Quality remains long after the cost is forgotten.......

I have the t300rs.......it's quiet, great to hold and use with really positive feedback, and I have no regrets........

Xtince
22-11-2015, 21:33
Thanks for youre reaction guys. Im leaning towards a t150. But is it really much better than the t100. Anyone experience with both? Maybe a comparisen somewhere on the net?

Haiden
22-11-2015, 22:24
Thanks for youre reaction guys. Im leaning towards a t150. But is it really much better than the t100. Anyone experience with both? Maybe a comparisen somewhere on the net?

https://www.youtube.com/user/simracingtonight/search?query=t150

witmonster
23-11-2015, 06:57
I have the t300rs and its amazing, a friend of mine picked up the t150 a week or so back and asked me to set it up so naturally i had a couple of races just tweaking n finding the sweet spot, truth is i never really found it and the mistake i was making was i was looking for the same feel as the t300, and it just wasn't quite there, i dont mean its oh my god its waaaaay ahead its miles better its just noticeably better, but then its going to be as its 100 or so more expensive, but since you have the t100, you will feel the difference between that and a t150 as its the wheel i started out on with drive club, so i went from t100 to t300 n back down (to set up) to the t150, t300 gets my vote (if you have the money) all day.

M-Bimmer
24-11-2015, 13:33
It is time for me to upgrade my Thrustmaster t100. Im leaning towards the Thrustmaster T150, but don't know if thats a big step forwards for me, maybe you guys how have had both wheels can help me out. If it isnt a big step forward, i will go for the t300 (but have to save more money for that one).

What do you guys recommend? I only have time to race in the weekends, so will not use the wheel every day. Thanks!

Save money and get the T300 you will thank yourself later.
Same here but think that you will have this wheel for years to come..only if games on the PS5 yes 5 does not support it. :)

pwny_soprano
24-11-2015, 16:39
Just putting it out there as an option - I have the T500RS and it is amazing. Comes in about 80 quid more than the T300 but the pedals are way better, the feedback is awesome and like the T300 you can add the shifter later on if you want. It's not officially supported on PS4, but I've been using it for a few months on PCARS with no problems whatsoever, and it also works a treat with Driveclub for whatever that's worth to you...Amazon have it for 350 which ain't half bad:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T500-Force-Wheel-Feedback/dp/B004GNG2MW